Richard Sherman has boycotted Seattle media, unless he hasn’t

Sherman AP

Seahawks cornerback Richard Sherman recently purchased a new home in Seattle, a $2.31 million estate previously owned by NBA star Jamal Crawford.  The local media — specifically the Seattle Times and seattlepi.com — published information about the transaction, including the address of the home.

Now, CBS Seattle reports that Sherman is refusing to speak to the local media.  He’s not happy that fans are showing up at his house seeking autographs.

Curtis Crabtree of KJR Radio, who moonlights weeknights for PFT, says that the CBS Seattle story is premature at best, inaccurate at worst.  According to Crabtree, no blanket refusal to speak to the local press has been issued.

But Sherman indeed is upset that his address was published by two publications in Seattle.  For now, there’s no indication that Sherman will hold that decision against the full local media.

It would be unfair if he held the decisions of seattlepi.com, which listed the address in its story, and the Seattle Times, which linked in an online version of the story to the real estate website containing the address, against all local media.  It’s arguably unfair for him to even boycott seattlepi.com and the Times, since they were merely sharing publicly available information.

No league rule forces Sherman to give access to any specific publication.  The situation could get interesting if Sherman refuses during mandatory media availability to not answer questions posed by accredited representatives of seattlepi.com, the Seattle Times, or any other media outlet.

For now, it’s simply too early to know what Sherman specifically will or won’t be doing in the aftermath of the editorial decision to share with the citizens of Seattle information that any of them could have found by taking a trip to the proper office of the King County courthouse.

Permalink 112 Comments Feed for comments Latest Stories in: Rumor Mill, Seattle Seahawks, Top Stories
112 Responses to “Richard Sherman has boycotted Seattle media, unless he hasn’t”
  1. steelers4385 says: Jun 24, 2014 12:05 AM

I could live without the media. I hate the way the dirtbag press and reporters dont leave athletes alone.

2. chinahand11 says: Jun 24, 2014 12:06 AM

I would be rather irked too. Now the crooks have an address to hit on Sundays. Thanks a lot, media guys.

3. bradyisyourdaddy says: Jun 24, 2014 12:07 AM

You wanted this, Dick…

You’ve created a monster that will follow you for a long time…

4. tinytoolalldrool says: Jun 24, 2014 12:11 AM

He is a complete tool and has a big mouth but I do not blame him for being upset.

5. JSpicoli says: Jun 24, 2014 12:14 AM

The media is out of control and needs a governing body, issuing licenses and pulling those licenses if abuse is on purpose, derelict, or habitual.

6. seatownballers says: Jun 24, 2014 12:15 AM

Can’t blame him. Tell people to respect your privacy

7. trytobnimble says: Jun 24, 2014 12:20 AM

Celebrities usually buy homes under Trusts or Limited Liability companies to keep their purchase anonymous. Home sales are public record. Sherman isn’t getting very good advice from his agents or managers.

8. rikkyt00 says: Jun 24, 2014 12:24 AM

Too funny, this guy won’t be able to keep his mouth zipped.

9. kylexitron says: Jun 24, 2014 12:28 AM

I’m not sure what would make the local media think publishing the home address of one of the most popular and polarizing figures in all of american sports is a good idea.

I doubt Sherman is boycotting the local media at large, he’s a communications major and spends his offseason advertising his charity events.

Still, wouldn’t blame him if he was a little annoyed that at a time when his star is burning brighter than it possibly ever will, the local news is giving everyone a GPS waypoint right to his front door. That would tick me off too. Of course, if i had several million dollars to roll around in, that would take away some of the annoyance. But not all of it.

10. gregerss says: Jun 24, 2014 12:29 AM

I don’t see why anyone, famous or not, would want their address made public. I know people give Sherman crap for his outspoken ways at times, but I won’t him being upset about this.

11. kingpoch says: Jun 24, 2014 12:31 AM

Wahhhh wahhhh wahhhhh. You mad bro? #softie

12. akboot says: Jun 24, 2014 12:31 AM

Richard Sherman has the biggest mouth on the planet. How does he know it didn’t slip out during one of his self aggrandizing moments? That is, unless he didn’t.

13. 44boz says: Jun 24, 2014 12:32 AM

I bet he is more scared of 49er fans breaking in.

14. goldbloodedindfw says: Jun 24, 2014 12:32 AM

“It’s arguably unfair for him to even boycott seattlepi.com and the Times, since they were merely sharing publicly available information.”

Just because you can doesn’t mean you should. As a Niner fan I never thought I’d see the day I’d defend Richard Sherman but here I am. Sharing his address was way out of line. Saying it doesn’t matter because its public record makes no sense since nobody would even know where to begin looking considering the whole Seattle metropolian area is pretty large. The media outlets in question went way too far by doing that. And what did it accomplish other than create a lot of extra stress for Sherm? I’m also surprised there are moron fans showing up at his house wanting autographs. People really think NFL players want to conduct daily autograph signings at their house?

15. reeser80 says: Jun 24, 2014 12:41 AM

Now if only we can get him to boycott all other media we’d really be in business!

16. squashstroup says: Jun 24, 2014 12:47 AM

Richard is right to boycott these two outlets. They do have the right to publish that info but, it is in bad taste at best. The same right that they have to publish he has to refuse to ever work with them again. It is in their best interest to keep him happy and they will only be hurt by no longer having the most outspoken world champion to quote. This gets worse for them if he gets others in Seattle to join him.

17. veence69 says: Jun 24, 2014 12:48 AM

This clown is so insufferable. There are fans like me who really liked this guy even though he played for another team. He’s physical, he’s smart- just a helluva CB.

Now I can’t stand this man. If you’re going to shut up, then do it. We’ll all thank you.

18. defscottyb says: Jun 24, 2014 12:48 AM

It’s called Karma for being a dbag.

19. packerbackernj says: Jun 24, 2014 12:53 AM

Want privacy? Get a different job. Welcome to the real world. Sherman’s a smart man, he knew what he signed up for.

20. angrylionsfan says: Jun 24, 2014 12:58 AM

Oh please. Sherman is too full of him self and seeking attention to not talk about himself!

21. bleedingfacemask says: Jun 24, 2014 1:00 AM

And damage control by Seattle’s local media begins…now.

22. jburk003 says: Jun 24, 2014 1:02 AM

I don’t like Sherman, but if the media was stupid and insensitive enough to post his address, than I don’t blame the man for telling the media to stick it up theirs.

That’s the mans home right there.. The media could endanger him or his family by posting his address , or at the very least stump his privacy.

23. chrisernst82 says: Jun 24, 2014 1:04 AM

Even as 49er fan who doesn’t care for him personally. I think he should be upset. While its public info you would think that local news outlets would be smart enough to know how big of a problem they have created for him and in turn themselves for alienating the biggest star athlete in town outside of Wilson.

24. mutantman87 says: Jun 24, 2014 1:11 AM

It’s one thing to share some pictures of the home, but publishing the address is crossing the line. Sherman should boycott the Times and P-I until they publicly apologize. At what respectable newspaper would editors sit around a table and agree that publishing someone’s personal address (except for maybe a sex offender) is OK?

25. stopandsmellthefootball says: Jun 24, 2014 1:15 AM

File this under “white girl problems” and move on. Honestly, i am sure it sucks to have people waiting out front of your million dollar home. You know what sucks worse?…pretty much every real problem in the world.

26. hallforpresident says: Jun 24, 2014 1:16 AM

Typical media getting in the personal space of celebrities. Is there no such thing as “privacy”?

27. trollhammer20 says: Jun 24, 2014 1:21 AM

I can understand why he’s upset. The vast majority of people aren’t going to go to the courthouse to find out where a specific person lives, but they might read a newspaper or web article that publishes the information.

Beyond the nuisance factor, there is a risk. The wrong kind of people knew where Sean Taylor lived, and that didn’t end well.

28. randsomed says: Jun 24, 2014 1:26 AM

Someone found a way to make Richard Sherman shut up. I’m speechless.

29. dinofrank60 says: Jun 24, 2014 1:27 AM

Why are people going to his house in the first place? ..There is a time and… forget it. This autograph deal is outdated

30. enigma2742 says: Jun 24, 2014 1:29 AM

DONT BLAMES HIM. BUT FOR THE FANS GROW UP AND STOP COMING TO PEOPLE HOUSES UNIVITED FOR AUTOGRAPHS

31. longsufferingkcfan says: Jun 24, 2014 1:32 AM

Let’s not forget that if he just went about his business quietly, the Seattle media wouldn’t have reported on his home purchase to the extent that they gave away the exact location. And even if they did, far less people would care. He needs to realize that if this comes with the territory when you constantly seek attention.

32. captainwisdom8888 says: Jun 24, 2014 1:32 AM

I feel as if the media as a whole has evolved over the years, and not for the better. Every occupation in the world has a set of inherent goals that one has to achieve in order to successfully do their respective job, and what once was a simple job of relaying the news and events has become something so much more nowadays. The goals of the media have changed from simply reporting the news, to today where members of the media make every effort TO CREATE NEWS THEMSELVES. A lot of the questions and various interactions members of the media have with pro players are entirely inappropriate, and often times they are done only with the intention of coercing an emotional response or regretful behavior from the players…all for the sake of a news article.

For instance, Michael Sam announces his sexual orientation to the world, and the media pounce on the opportunity to lure other players to chime in on it. The vast majority of people will take the politically-correct road of respecting Sam for who he is while applauding his courage, but that doesn’t make for an interesting story at all…so the true aims of the media in that instance is to find that tiny minority of individuals who are willing to detest Michael Sam’s sexual preferences, thus providing the necessary ammo for a story. Before you know it, 150 players whose name isn’t Michael Sam have all chimed in on another man’s personal life, when ANY question concerning something as personal as sexual preference SHOULD BE DIRECTED TO MICHAEL SAM HIMSELF!

One can point to innumerable instances of the media baiting, tricking, and antagonizing pro athletes into saying/doing something they will regret, when the media should be focused substantially more upon simply reporting the news instead of making it themselves.

33. nosleeptilsb says: Jun 24, 2014 1:33 AM

‘Mo money, mo problems.’ Sir Richard of Coversalot must adapt to these challenges, and he will no doubt. I picture a mob seeking both an autogragh, and the other half to want to argue with him. That is why I say, ‘Release the hounds!’ Get several Dobermans Ric, that should keep them at bay. Plus it just sounds cool, ‘Release the hounds!’

34. averagjoe says: Jun 24, 2014 1:50 AM

I don’t care for Sherman, but his home is his castle, and he’s entitled to his pr1vacy. As far as mandatory media contacts are concerned, all questions related to football are fair game — access to his home is not.

35. ty46 says: Jun 24, 2014 2:08 AM

It’s cheap to publish his address, but he is so classless, he deserves it.

36. livenbreathefootball says: Jun 24, 2014 2:15 AM

Really after Sean Taylor’s murder, it’s okay to publish the home address of athletes? I don’t blame him for being angry. His safety is now at risk because some “journalist” felt like giving out personal information.

37. wallypecans says: Jun 24, 2014 2:18 AM

There’s no way this motor mouth stops talking…ever…to anyone.

38. freddsox says: Jun 24, 2014 2:19 AM

Pretty sure he published it himself so he could get some ‘outrage’ time on the front page since we haven’t heard much from him for the last five days

39. revskip says: Jun 24, 2014 2:34 AM

Just because the information is publicly available doesn’t mean that the media should publish the man’s address. Doing that is irresponsible, invites trouble for him from crazy fans and I hope Sherman refuses every question posed to him by both publications.

This is why I root for guys like Evan Mathis for taking the steam out of the media.

40. twisteditoff says: Jun 24, 2014 2:59 AM

poor bigmouth go suck a sock

41. doctorrustbelt says: Jun 24, 2014 3:02 AM

I’m extremely insecure and so embarrassingly desperate for attention… I need constant reassurance of my worth as a human being… I’m constantly drawing attention to myself with annoying, pointless press conferences and twitter wars… I’m so embarrassingly desperate for attention and my issues run so deep … but… I don’t want attention at my house.

42. daaabears says: Jun 24, 2014 3:26 AM

Unscrupulous reporting, I’d be pissed too!

43. bannedfromchoirpractice says: Jun 24, 2014 3:29 AM

2.31 million seems like modest digs (in the Seattle market) for a guy with Sherman’s money. Maybe that’s why there is no gate to keep the public pond scum away?

44. onbucky96 says: Jun 24, 2014 3:48 AM

What a tool. May the Madden curse strike Opening Night on National TV.

45. greg3117 says: Jun 24, 2014 3:59 AM

Does anyone blame him? Give the man some privacy.
    HTTR

46. rukkus1 says: Jun 24, 2014 4:05 AM

I don’t see how you can let the media off on this one. They screwed up big by publishing his address. For you to say Richards address is public information is ludicrous. It doesn’t need to be advertised in the media. There is a difference in principle.

47. godofwine330 says: Jun 24, 2014 4:13 AM

It bothers me what fans think “their rights” are. An athlete, singer, or other star does not belong to you except on and around the stage on which they perform, or on other venues at which they allow fan entrance (i.e. autograph sessions, red carpet events, facebook, twitter and such). Otherwise, their time is theirs. Fans shouldn’t crowd them at restaurants, grocery stores, and especially not their homes because their time outside of the venue on which they perform is theirs.

Fans don’t seem to comprehend this, and for a newspaper to post Richard Sherman’s address was extremely irresponsible. A man’s home is his castle, and that castle does not need to be invaded by anyone not invited for any reason under any circumstances.

If I were to see a star in a store or walking down the street I would simply wave. If I was in close proximity without going out of my way to intercept I would offer a handshake and simply say, “I enjoy your work,” and keep it moving, but before it even got to that point I would watch body language. If at any point the person looked annoyed I would walk. No selfies, no nothing. Their time is their time, and outside of their stage or allowable venue fans have the rights to none of it without permission.

48. 5to46hawkfan says: Jun 24, 2014 4:16 AM

Id be pissed off too…. Give the guy some privacy…
    He’s a football player, not God… GO HAWKS!

49. chut26 says: Jun 24, 2014 5:46 AM

What a baby. Anyone could easily find where a celeb lives.

50. uglydingo says: Jun 24, 2014 5:48 AM

Definition of an optimist – someone who turns up at Richard Sherman’s front door expecting a warm friendly welcome.
    Now the man has been paid, give him some space.
    Do you think that Denver media informs Bronco fans where Peyton lives?

51. ridingwithnohandlebars says: Jun 24, 2014 6:14 AM

But was there a media mutiny?

52. denverdude7 says: Jun 24, 2014 6:24 AM

Here’s to hoping that Sherman boycotts all media.

What am I saying? That will never happen.

53. skinsfan91 says: Jun 24, 2014 6:29 AM

Can’t imagine all the vile the vile things that would be said if RGIII did this. But I guess your guys’ hate is particular.

54. bubbasmithguy says: Jun 24, 2014 6:40 AM

I’m tired of hearing about this guy.

55. honkerdawg says: Jun 24, 2014 6:56 AM

His boycott can only be taken as a good sign that we don’t have to hear more asinine talk from him

56. youngs79 says: Jun 24, 2014 7:13 AM

Richard Sherman refusing to talk….. Good one.

57. larryravor says: Jun 24, 2014 7:16 AM

He should not speak to any reporters. As many nuts there are roaming around, it boggles my mind that they would print this information. If I was Sherman, I would find out who was responsible and release their home address AFTER I had punched them in the mouth.

58. dumbpollack says: Jun 24, 2014 7:16 AM

Is anybody else tired of this cats yap?

59. zam0854 says: Jun 24, 2014 7:32 AM

Athletes are to be ‘the bigger man’ in these situations.

60. Asian Reporter Tricia Takanawa says: Jun 24, 2014 7:41 AM

Bart Scott is confused, is Sherman doing a media boycott, or a media mutiny?

61. jakescott13 says: Jun 24, 2014 7:51 AM

ticking time bomb…

62. coloradofort says: Jun 24, 2014 7:54 AM

Whatever……no way with his big mouth and ego he boycotts anything to do with the media for any prolonged period of time….

63. dennisatunity says: Jun 24, 2014 7:56 AM

Fans showing up at his house for autographs might be a nuisance. But there is a also a small sliver of people who are dangerous and just plain nuts who might show up, too. Perhaps if and when Sherman speaks to reps of those particular media outlets, he can make sure that as part of his statement, he gives out the home addresses of the managing editors of the Seattle Times and seattlepi.com.

64. golfnutt67 says: Jun 24, 2014 8:01 AM

Mr. Sherman I hate to tell you this, but you have a karma debt that is coming this is just the beginning…..good luck to you.

65. factman1000 says: Jun 24, 2014 8:02 AM

Im not a fan of Richard Sherman but I gotta say he has a right to be pissed off at the media over this one. Why the hell would they publish his exact address?

66. vincentbojackson says: Jun 24, 2014 8:08 AM

Kind of a bad move by the paper, but Sherman has got to stop crying about everything. Just stick to fighting your teammates in OTA’s, getting defensive on twitter, and yelling nonsense into the camera during post game interviews.

67. jnbnet says: Jun 24, 2014 8:17 AM

You mad bro?

68. alexb1234 says: Jun 24, 2014 8:19 AM

What a SHAMELESS SELF PROMOTER….I’m tired of hearing about this guy…..

Boo freakin hoo they posted your address, you can go to Hollywood and get a book with celebrities exact addresses and drive around and look for them….it’s called a security system, you’ll be fine….it’s the price of fame, if you want to be on tv every 5 seconds promoting yourself you have to deal with the “consequences” of being a star

Stop being a crybaby and get off your high horse…fame is really getting to this guy Sherman he needs to grow up….

69. mcmccii says: Jun 24, 2014 8:31 AM

I don’t care for the way Sherman carries himself most times, but he has a legit gripe here.

70. stixzidinia says: Jun 24, 2014 8:34 AM

Oh but wait, I thought it was all nothing but brotherly love between the players and the “12’s”. They all they got, they all they need! LOL

71. jm91rs says: Jun 24, 2014 8:36 AM

Figure out what county your favorite sports stars live in and use the auditor’s website to look them up. The media outlets here did nothing that you can’t already do on your own. If Sherman were a great corner that didn’t talk much, people would be happy to leave him alone. Instead, he wants everyone to know his name and sometimes the price of fame is more than people bargained for.

72. fordmandalay says: Jun 24, 2014 8:37 AM

There are some players who you actually look forward to seeing blow all their money and wind up broke, laughed at, and rejected by the fans. Sherman is rapidly becoming one.

73. phinfanatic84 says: Jun 24, 2014 8:37 AM

While the information may have been available to the public, they would have had to look for it and know where to look for it. If I was Sherman, I would boycott the local media too if they published my address and I had “fans” coming to my house and asking for autographs. Your home is your sanctuary and now his a place where the fans will show up whenever they want. Let’s hope that he doesn’t have to put up with some knucklehead fans like Matt Schaub did. If his family can’t feel safe in their own home, I would be asking for a trade out of Seattle.

74. unbridledsexy says: Jun 24, 2014 8:40 AM

Yeah, but seriously, how many of you have taken a trip to the courthouse to find the address of your favorite football player? They could have left that out.

75. therealbillybuffalo says: Jun 24, 2014 8:42 AM

He’s got 99 problems and privacy is one.

76. kdk33 says: Jun 24, 2014 8:46 AM

“refuses…. to not answer questions”

He does that already today. Never seen a mic he doesn’t love…

77. shadowman1433 says: Jun 24, 2014 8:47 AM

There is NO WAY Sherman can keep his mouth shut for very long.

78. t8ertot says: Jun 24, 2014 8:47 AM

Ice up son

79. 700levelvet says: Jun 24, 2014 8:49 AM

Sherman’s too young to be shouting… Get off my lawn

80. ausernamethatisavailable says: Jun 24, 2014 8:52 AM

I understand being upset bc while the info was public most would not have made the effort to obtain the address. Especially if it was not public knowledge he even bought a house. I certainly understand wanting privacy but are you telling me 2.3 million does not buy a gate to keep people off your property?

81. itsfootballbaby says: Jun 24, 2014 8:53 AM

It’s public record. Anybody could go on line and find it. Go cry about something else Richard….. The dude’s just annoying.

82. gdeli says: Jun 24, 2014 8:58 AM

83. bleedgreen11 says: Jun 24, 2014 9:05 AM

“What kind of stalker would you have to be to purposely go down to the courthouse and find out what his address is? Just leave him alone. Get his autograph at training camp”

…. a good reporter who does his/her research instead of printing heresay and quoting “anonymous sources”

84. thereisfootballwestofjersey says: Jun 24, 2014 9:11 AM

Sherman doesn’t seem to understand that standing on a soapbox, shouting to the world that you’re the best-ever and demanding attention gets you, um lots of attention.

His actions, his constant self promotion and his blimp sized ego have come back to bite him here. You shout enough, and people will indeed pay attention. And publish all the dirty details of your life.

85. golforepar says: Jun 24, 2014 9:14 AM

So is he saying he wants to get out of the Sherman Circus? Who created it?!!

86. nflgiant says: Jun 24, 2014 9:15 AM

The man deserves privacy so lets get over this and let the the man do what he is getting paid to do.Keep Crabtree and and the rest of the receivers around the league from catching the ball.

87. nomoreliesfortoday says: Jun 24, 2014 9:17 AM

To all my people in red clothes, put you hands where my eyes can see. ~ Richard Sherman aka Busta Rhymes

88. larryravor says: Jun 24, 2014 9:17 AM

All of you whiners would change your tune if he played for your team. He is the best.

Only wackos and haters would bother to go to his house and most of them are too stupid or too lazy to get the info.

Thay had no right to publish it.

89. cakesw says: Jun 24, 2014 9:18 AM

Please…

The ONE thing Richard Sherman won’t give up is the media…

90. realitycheckbaby says: Jun 24, 2014 9:27 AM

Easy Sherm.

Start tweeting home addresses of media heads and encourage people to ‘visit’ if they have complaints.

Really BS by the media.

91. notan9ner says: Jun 24, 2014 9:35 AM

Thats what happens u put a sorry corner like Richard Sherman in a 2.3m dollar house, people are gonna want to come see!

92. notan9ner says: Jun 24, 2014 9:37 AM

How many 2.3m $$$ houses are in Seattle anyway?

93. bullcharger says: Jun 24, 2014 9:47 AM

For a guy that cleary has brains and clearly has talent he sure is misguided.

The problem with acting the way he does is when the talent goes, as it does for everyone, he’ll become just another bitter ex-player.

He has the potential to be the next Primetime if he grows up.

94. tinbender2000 says: Jun 24, 2014 9:56 AM

Wait. So you’re saying that Sherman shutting his yap is somehow a BAD thing?

95. censorshipstinks says: Jun 24, 2014 9:56 AM

great detective work there Joe.

96. schmitty2 says: Jun 24, 2014 9:57 AM

Sherman had made himself a focal point of the media for his non stop yapping so why is he shocked? If he would just keep quiet and go about his job this probably wouldn’t have been brought up. You don’t hear the media giving out Earl Thomas’ address and he is arguably the true leader of that defense.

97. albanyhawker says: Jun 24, 2014 10:00 AM

Even if the address is public info, it’s wrong for the ST to publish the address, or link to the RE website with the address. However, it’s even MORE wrong for fans to start showing up there bothering him. If you want to see your favorite player, buy a game ticket or go to one of his public appearances. Leave them alone otherwise. They’re not your friends.

98. seabrawk12 says: Jun 24, 2014 10:02 AM

Karma debt? What a baby? Some of the junk you chumps come up with. You do realize you are feeding right into what Sherm wants right? More fuel for his fire. The Hawks are going to be even better than last year and it will be a pleasure to watch you haters squirm.

99. patriotsarespygaters says: Jun 24, 2014 10:11 AM

Your 15mins will soon be up

100. kuranda84 says: Jun 24, 2014 10:42 AM

Even when Sherman wants nothing to do w/ the media…he’s in the media.

Guy can’t win.

101. stoptrippn says: Jun 24, 2014 11:15 AM

People do not like him.

102. thebirdofprey2 says: Jun 24, 2014 11:27 AM

When I first saw the story posted about the details of his house I thought it wasn’t right. It is not that it had the breakdown of every room but the fact his new home address was clearly posted and shared for the world to see. Fans overstepped their boundaries and showed up to the guys house that night.

He has a right to be pissed and for the most part Seattle sports media is just fine. Of any Seahawk including Russell Wilson I think Sherman probably has the best relationship with media and fans of the area so I can see this passing.

103. alankelly2013 says: Jun 24, 2014 12:17 PM

For local fans and media that get to see and hear Sherman in his after practice press conferences and interviews on local radio, and his many public appearences and events, they find to be smart, friendly, engaging, articulate, and funny. That is why they have quite a different perception of him than those who only see him through national outlets. It will be sad if that doesn’t continue but I have a feeling that as time passes, he’ll get passed it and we’ll all be able to move on.

104. huskywolverine says: Jun 24, 2014 1:02 PM

What I find interesting is he bought a fairly modest home in Maple Valley, a Stepford Wives type suburb and not really high on the pecking order for a Seattle suburb. I would have went for a Lake Washington home in Seattle, Mercer Island, Bellevue and even Renton. Odd choice….

105. shutdaup says: Jun 24, 2014 1:10 PM

Live by the media die by the media Jerk.

106. pantherpro says: Jun 24, 2014 1:12 PM

We are coming for you fool! You will need new address next year after I shred you twice this year!

Kap

107. jimmyt says: Jun 24, 2014 1:46 PM

These guys really only like their fans on game day (and payday). Don’t go to the mans house, wait for an event where he will gladly sell you his autograph.

108. veence69 says: Jun 24, 2014 2:40 PM

All home sales are public record. Did you know this when making the biggest purchase of your life?

109. rukkus1 says: Jun 24, 2014 2:47 PM

Some of you people are just straight up mentally insane.

Football is entertainment. Richard Sherman has been polarizing. Hate him or like him, its fine, and your choice. Remember it’s only entertainment though. Some of you act like you want his home invaded. Like you disregard his life.

If you can’t fathom what it means for your address to be published when you are a celebrity, the dangers and inconvenience. .. furthermore if you think this is a joke or somehow he had it coming… you are a sick individual.

110. superhawk12 says: Jun 24, 2014 3:23 PM

I love all the hate comments saying they don’t like Sherman and what a d-bag he is. The thing is that all of those people would love to have him on their team and would change their tune. I know because I’m sure I would hate him if he wasn’t a Seahawk.

You can talk the talk if you can walk the walk and he’s the best there is baby.

111. gborange says: Jun 24, 2014 7:47 PM

I assume Obama will call a press conference to address this matter. Sherman is unhappy about something? Really? Such a surprise!

112. simonator917 says: Jun 24, 2014 11:48 PM

I’m not kidding when I say he should sue!