Seahawks waive rookie DT Andru Pulu

Seattle Seahawks v Carolina Panthers Getty Images

The Seahawks have waived rookie defensive tackle Andru Pulu, per the NFL’s Tuesday transactions.

The move gives Seattle 89 players on the roster, per the club’s website. The Seahawks have nine defensive tackles, including ex-Vikings interior lineman Kevin Williams, whom Seattle signed in June.

Pulu (6-1, 322) signed with the Seahawks as an undrafted free agent. According to the Seattle Times, Pulu received a $15,000 signing bonus.

The 22-year-old Pulu began his collegiate career at Washington before finishing his career at Eastern Washington.

Permalink 14 Comments Feed for comments Latest Stories in: Home, Rumor Mill, Seattle Seahawks
14 Responses to “Seahawks waive rookie DT Andru Pulu”
  1. digitalsasquatch says: Jun 24, 2014 7:10 PM

Per is a term of measurement and ratio, not agreement: per does NOT mean “in accordance with,” or “according to.”

Florio, Wilkening, et al., I know everybody hates grammar geeks and proof-monsters, but please take the time to write with a bit of style.

2. thepftpoet says: Jun 24, 2014 7:19 PM

Andru pulu deserves better.

3. dubz222 says: Jun 24, 2014 7:37 PM

@digitalsasquatch
    According to dictionary.com (definitions 2 and 3) you’re wrong.

4. raiderapologist says: Jun 24, 2014 7:39 PM

has he signed with the Niners yet?

5. snoqualmkanem says: Jun 24, 2014 7:52 PM

Looks like number 3 says it means according to, or in accordance with.

Dictionary definition of per.

preposition
    for each; for every: Membership costs ten dollars per year. This cloth is two dollars per yard.
    by means of; by; through: I am sending the recipe per messenger.
    according to; in accordance with: I delivered the box per your instructions.
    adverb
    Informal. each; for each one: The charge for window-washing was five dollars per.

6. ariani1985 says: Jun 24, 2014 7:53 PM

Come join the circus in green Bay.

7. nosleeptilsb says: Jun 24, 2014 8:19 PM

Jeez, and I thought ‘Per’ was the sound my cat Peter Criss made when it was comfy and cozy! On a more serious note, I wish the best for him in his life, your dream hasn’t died. The 12′s wish you the best!

8. claimersays says: Jun 24, 2014 8:20 PM

digitalsasquatch says:
    Jun 24, 2014 7:10 PM

dubz222 says:
    Jun 24, 2014 7:37 PM
    @digitalsasquatch
    According to dictionary.com (definitions 2 and 3) you’re wrong.

Dictionary.com defines Seahawks fans as Spewing inaccuracies, misinformed, calls Adderall by the slang term “Skittles” per the PFT rumor mill comments section

9. tobis81 says: Jun 24, 2014 8:54 PM

Why is this even news??? Is talking about grammar on a sports site all you losers have in life? Seriously pathetic trolls, LOL.

10. vikesr4reel says: Jun 24, 2014 10:22 PM

He is glad to get off this loser team!

11. number1hawkfan says: Jun 24, 2014 10:52 PM

Not only it sad the grammar police out in force. The worst is the guy coming back with research that disputes his claim. How bout you read the article for what it is. News. The news isn’t bad grammar it that someone was cut from seattles deep roster that hasn’t thinned out a bit since they paid earl, Sherman, Bennett and Baldwin. I think something you all promised would happen turns out to make u all look like jealous haters is news . Not news to me cuz I already knew that but maybe it could enlighten you haters that’s and make u realize you just a hater troll and the only thing stopping the Seahawks from repeating is a special kinda team. A team that’s young, tough, talented, smart and are hungry as he’ll for success. I’m looking for that team to worry about next year? Any thought? Because is haven’t found one. The only one I found ,already are the champs. U find me team like the hawks and I’ll research it and get back to you on the whether they stack up.

12. uwsptke says: Jun 24, 2014 11:55 PM

15 Large is a pretty healthy signing bonus for a UDFA. Kind of shocking that he didn’t even make it to training camp.

13. regishawk says: Jun 25, 2014 5:16 AM

Claims off waivers follow the draft order. I doubt the Texans or Rams will want him, so it looks like the Jags will get first dibs. If he makes it past waivers, I’m sure there will be a minor bidding war on him between SF, GB & the farm team.

14. usdcoyotesfan says: Jun 26, 2014 1:43 AM

The Seahawks didn’t beat the Broncos, the Broncos beat themselves.