Miles Burris returning to health after season mostly lost to knee injury

Miles Burris AP

Linebacker Miles Burris put together a strong rookie campaign for the Oakland Raiders in 2012.

Burris started 15 games and racked up 96 tackles with 1.5 sacks and an interception for the Raiders after being selected in the fourth round of the 2012 NFL Draft.

However, his sophomore campaign with the Raiders was anything but promising. Burris missed most of the season on the physically unable to perform list with a knee injury that kept him off the field. Burris appeared in just six games, making four tackles purely in reserve duty for the Raiders.

After another offseason to recover, Burris is improving and feels like he’s returning to full health.

There’s nothing like playing the game of football and playing the game of football healthy,” Burris said, via Scott Bair of CSNBayArea.com. “You’re always going to be nicked up but I’m feeling great and enjoying playing the game.”

Burris said missing all that time a year ago made for “one of the darkest years of my life.” However, Burris is on track toward becoming a contributor once again for the Raiders. He’s been back working with Oakland’s first-team defense during offseason workouts and has a chance to re-earn his starting job this season.

Permalink 6 Comments Feed for comments Latest Stories in: Home, Oakland Raiders, Rumor Mill
6 Responses to “Miles Burris returning to health after season mostly lost to knee injury”
  1. calibear831 says: Jun 25, 2014 12:37 AM

As a Raiders fan, there’s so much to look forward to this season, I can’t wait for Football season to begin! !

2. calibear831 says: Jun 25, 2014 12:51 AM

Things I’m looking forward to. . .
    -How good is Khalil mack gonna be this season?
    -How well is Matt schaub going to do? As well as. . .
    -Justin tuck
    -Lamar woodley
    -Miles burris
    -Sio moore
    -the offensive line
    -What seems to be (on paper) the best running back group in MJD, Darren McFadden, Marcel Reece, Cory sheets etc. .
    -The improved defensive backfield
    And so much more!

Awww man I can’t wait!

3. bigshirk says: Jun 25, 2014 2:16 AM

I like Burris, but Moore and Mack will be the starting OLB’s. I wouldn’t mind seeing Burris push Roach at MLB tho.

4. raiderufan says: Jun 25, 2014 7:23 AM

I know we are apparently sticking to the 4-3 but I don’t see how we aren’t better off as a 3-4 team or at least very multiple in our looks.

A rotation of Mack, Moore and Woodley off the edge and Roach with Burris and Burnett working the weakside MLB in the 3-4 sounds really solid to me.

5. babygaga19 says: Jun 25, 2014 7:45 AM

Yeah, this guy will put you over the top.

6. radrntn says: Jun 25, 2014 12:12 PM

say what you want haters, but no doubt raiders are an improved team this year…we have quality depth on the team, and should be a very competitive camp. Looking at the entire roster not sure if anybody is a lock except for seabass.