Teddy Bridgewater using video games to prepare for rookie season

Teddy Bridgewater AP

Vikings quarterback Teddy Bridgewater is going to be playing a lot of Madden football before training camp, but it isn’t because he’s shirking his responsibilities as a first-round pick.

Bridgewater says that he’s imported the Vikings’ playbook into the popular video game so that he can take “virtual reps” against defense he’s expecting to see in games. Bridgewater did the same thing at Louisville and said that he’s found it is a helpful way to continue the mental preparation that

“It helps because you get one more rep than you had in practice, actual practice,” Bridgewater said, via ESPN.com. “Any chance you get to take an extra rep or go the extra step, extra mile, it’s going to be very beneficial transferring it to the field.”

Bridgewater says the games are part of his attempt to maximize every opportunity he can get to immerse himself in the offense, which is an effort that the Vikings will surely appreciate if it helps Bridgewater get ready to help the team sooner rather than later.

And, if it does, it will serve as a good endorsement for the realism of the games even as the attempts of most Madden-players to claim deeper benefits from time spent in front of their screens fall on deaf ears.

Permalink 131 Comments Feed for comments Latest Stories in: Home, Minnesota Vikings, Rumor Mill
131 Responses to “Teddy Bridgewater using video games to prepare for rookie season”
  1. tokyosandblaster says: Jun 27, 2014 12:17 PM

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA

2. thestrategyexpert says: Jun 27, 2014 12:18 PM

Just another sign that these teams aren’t making use of modern technologies such as Virtual Reality to create a more lifelike computer-based simulation training tool.

These players nowadays get education and experience based on 1980’s equipment and methodologies.

3. Kelly's Chronicles says: Jun 27, 2014 12:21 PM

Even on Madden the Vikings can’t win.

4. weepingjebus says: Jun 27, 2014 12:21 PM

Make sense. And rest assured that when aliens invade I will be ready.

5. Norseman says: Jun 27, 2014 12:22 PM

Bridgewater looks for ways to improve… while Manziel looks for the next party.

Character counts.

6. pillowporkers says: Jun 27, 2014 12:23 PM

Idk if Madden is the greatest simulator since, as any player of the game knows, they haven’t added a single new defensive play for the past 10 years because they are lazy. Anyways, I think this is at least a good way to learn the play names and playbook. It certainly will help some.

7. blackandbluedivision says: Jun 27, 2014 12:24 PM

lol. I bet the Skol Trolls are loving this.

8. jbl429 says: Jun 27, 2014 12:25 PM

This sounds like a terrible idea. And I bet I could destroy him in Madden too. Any year.

9. tjacks7 says: Jun 27, 2014 12:26 PM

Man, am I glad this guy bombed his pro day. Easily the best QB in the draft and the only first round QB talent. Mentally, this guy is 10 years ahead of any other QB even hopes to be. The steal of the draft.

10. bordner says: Jun 27, 2014 12:26 PM

Video games? I heard he was using Chinese finger puzzles to try to make his hands bigger.

Look how small those things are!

11. blackandbluedivision says: Jun 27, 2014 12:27 PM

accept real life defenses…don’t backpedal when you’re running towards them. That game has so many holes in it…it isn’t funny.

12. timcast12 says: Jun 27, 2014 12:33 PM

What a loser

13. joetoronto says: Jun 27, 2014 12:35 PM

Oh boy.

14. Aaron Rodgers Has Tiny Hands says: Jun 27, 2014 12:38 PM

This is what Teddy Bridgewater is doing while Johnny Manziel is drinking, partying, and drawing attention to himself.

15. reesesteel23 says: Jun 27, 2014 12:38 PM

Whats all the hoopla about? I’m sure players do this all the time.

16. johnnycash19 says: Jun 27, 2014 12:38 PM

blackandbluedivision says: Jun 27, 2014 12:27 PM

—-

Well, it’s funny if you’re one of the thousands of people who buy it every year for the roster update.

Stopped buying that piece of crap years ago.

2015 Maddens Big New Feature is the ability to choose your tie color in Owner mode.

17. Aaron Rodgers Has Tiny Hands says: Jun 27, 2014 12:39 PM

Teddy Touchdown will be on the cover of Madden within a few years.

18. RegisHawk says: Jun 27, 2014 12:39 PM

Over/under on sacks because he drops back and looks for the A-button on the football.

19. stewart09 says: Jun 27, 2014 12:39 PM

madden has gotten better over time but its still as good as a brick for teaching how to be a good QB.

20. Marshawn Lunch says: Jun 27, 2014 12:39 PM

It’s a bad idea because Teddy will effectively be putting himself in the offensive coordinator role. The only practice he gets is choosing which play in the playbook he wants to run at any given time. And if he’s like me he will always go for it on 4th down because the defense in Madden is SO predictable. If the game had updated playbooks for all teams on both defense and offense this might make sense, but since they don’t, it doesn’t (make sense).

Also, I’m surprised Teddy can even hold a game controller with those tiny tiny hands of his. ;-P

21. phinfan says: Jun 27, 2014 12:40 PM

I use video games to build up my endurance to:

take out trash, clean the house, listen to my wife…

22. ariani1985 says: Jun 27, 2014 12:42 PM

Trust me teddy, green bays defense is worse in person!

23. dalcow4 says: Jun 27, 2014 12:42 PM

He’s going to wish he never told anybody this.

24. thevikingdefender says: Jun 27, 2014 12:42 PM

Bordner, Bridgewaters hands are just about the same size as Aaron rodgers’ hands. Cant wait until the Vikings can shut up all these haters on here. You are in for a big surprise.

#Skol #BoldFuture

25. meximyke says: Jun 27, 2014 12:43 PM

Maddens game has the ugliest cover of all time!!!!

26. Aaron Rodgers Has Tiny Hands says: Jun 27, 2014 12:45 PM

Playing quarterback in the NFL is 90% mental. Bridgewater may not have the physical tools of John Elway or Jamarcus Russell, but he prepares himself well, he can read defenses, he can go through his progressions quickly, and he can find the right place to put the ball. He also has a quick release and is accurate. As a Viking fan, I’m conditioned to expect failure, but I’m having a hard time seeing how this guy isn’t going to be an above-average quarterback in the league.

27. scrp2 says: Jun 27, 2014 12:47 PM

Coaches should play Madden also.

28. DonRSD says: Jun 27, 2014 12:47 PM

#NFL2k

29. 1973to1991packerssuckedbigtime says: Jun 27, 2014 12:51 PM

Putting the play book in there is genius. Not only can he play a game he likes, it is the plays he will be using on the field.

Memory is everything. I can’t stand A Rod because he is a packer but he is one hell of a QB. He remembers a lot of things from defenses to how his receivers run routes. If you can remember all the little details of the offense, how is that a bad thing.

Using modern technology is a very smart thing to do.

Just like Rodgers doing yoga. Use whatever you can to do your job better.

OK, back to the trolling everyone.

30. marvsleezy says: Jun 27, 2014 12:53 PM

_________
    One problem, you cant import playbooks. There are a certain number of plays on the game and you cannot create new plays.

You can re-arrange the already existing plays to create a “new” playbook – You can even download someone elses “new” playbook, but importing the actual Viking playbook is not possible.

31. lks311 says: Jun 27, 2014 12:55 PM

Imagine his surprise when Ndamukong Suh looks different in real time.

32. kansacity88 says: Jun 27, 2014 12:56 PM

OMG! Hahahahahaaaa, LOL! I had to look at the calendar to make sure it wasn’t April 1st!! Wait….is this/he serious??

33. ariani1985 says: Jun 27, 2014 12:59 PM

While teddy is working out our little sisters to the east are skipping practice for yoga and fooseball

34. chieftaindawg says: Jun 27, 2014 12:59 PM

Two things… I’ve been doing the same thing since the video game came out, still not in the NFL.
    And he’ll be on the cover in two or three years from now…this was just a marketing ploy..

35. beavertonsteve says: Jun 27, 2014 1:00 PM

The ESPN article brings up Drew Brees thoughts on this possibly being a useful tool. It’s also funny that if he just said this in a slightly different way people wouldn’t mock him. I think the “correct” way to say this is something like “I’m all about football right now. I study the playbook, I do mental reps, I’m doing whatever I can to learn my job. Heck, even when I’m relaxing and having fun I’m playing Madden using the Vikings offensive playbook so I’m still learning.”

36. mvp43 says: Jun 27, 2014 1:02 PM

Good for him. That’s a good sign that he wants to improve and he’ll use any means to do so. Same as Rodgers and his yoga.

37. macdaddyspeed says: Jun 27, 2014 1:07 PM

“I don’t understand it, I can make that throw every time in Madden”

38. becjasl says: Jun 27, 2014 1:09 PM

I heard Aaron Rodgers plays a lot of the Sims to try and improve his personal life. I heard it’s not working and that Julius Peppers is really weirded out by it.

SKOL VIKINGS!

39. jimmysee says: Jun 27, 2014 1:10 PM

That’s a great idea! Whoa! Watch out for this kid! Vikings should all use that coach Madden training method.

And to think those silly Packers are relying on yoga!!

:-)

40. 700levelvet says: Jun 27, 2014 1:12 PM

Manziel with a hangover will be better than Bridgewater sober and all his character …

41. twinsfanfl says: Jun 27, 2014 1:13 PM

A couple years ago, Denny Hamlin and Dale Jr used the NASCAR video games to help them get used to racetracks.
    Any extra confidence you can get in sports is a huge thing.

42. jmc8888 says: Jun 27, 2014 1:16 PM

ROFL so when he throws an INT he’ll say…Madden’s defense never did that to me!

Gosh trying to learn on a game that hasn’t advanced since since Harry Potter was just a book…not good.

43. becjasl says: Jun 27, 2014 1:19 PM

I wonder if he puts a glove on the QB he’s using in Madden. I know I do.

44. starfan79 says: Jun 27, 2014 1:20 PM

Bridgewater is a carbon copy of Vince Young

45. Marshawn Lunch says: Jun 27, 2014 1:23 PM

marvsleezy says, “…but importing the actual Viking playbook is not possible.”

You can if the actual Viking playbook is comprised of plays already found in Madden.

LMAO

46. Ed Bandell says: Jun 27, 2014 1:23 PM

“Why are you always under throwing and over throwing your receivers?”

“Well, in Madden they run the pattern the same way all the time and the guys are actually 83 speed in real life and in Madden they are 90.”

47. numba1wiscosportsfan says: Jun 27, 2014 1:25 PM

Hate to admit it, but I really like this kid’s chances. Vikes have suffered at QB position long enough, and m’Pacaks have certainly taken advantage. Only a matter of time before they figured it out. Good luck to the kid.

48. pigskin28 says: Jun 27, 2014 1:28 PM

While Manziel is using every opportunity to benefit from his past, Bridgewater is using every opportunity to build on his future.

49. clownsfan says: Jun 27, 2014 1:30 PM

This kid is a 2nd day draft pick if the Vikes don’t panic & move up to take him.

50. seatownballers says: Jun 27, 2014 1:30 PM

Only way he can score

51. glennsyank13 says: Jun 27, 2014 1:34 PM

Is Ponder or Cassell his QB?

52. tved12 says: Jun 27, 2014 1:35 PM

I love the dedication. Whether it’s playing Madden or not, if this guy was your QB you’d be happy that he’s all about football all the time.

In terms of the desire to be great, could you ask for anything more? Whether you like the Vikings or not, you have to respect a guy who eat, breathes and sleeps football like this.

53. alshonsmeathooks says: Jun 27, 2014 1:40 PM

oh man

youve gotta be kidding

54. bobzilla1001 says: Jun 27, 2014 1:40 PM

Wonder if future bankers spend time playing “Monopoly”?

55. scotrugby says: Jun 27, 2014 1:41 PM

He should be playing Mario Kart 8. The Madden games suck.

Damn you EA. Why is it that you can make a good FIFA, but not a good Madden?

56. acooke5592 says: Jun 27, 2014 1:42 PM

This actually makes a lot of sense to me, I’ve been doing something similar. I’m using Assassin’s Creed: Black Flag to prepare myself for becoming a pirate.

57. ragnarthemagnificent says: Jun 27, 2014 1:47 PM

Bridgewater will be on next years Madden cover. Superbowl homeboy

58. rodge1 says: Jun 27, 2014 1:51 PM

He should just play Tecmo Bowl and hand it off to Bo Jackson over and over.

59. lnfinite says: Jun 27, 2014 2:01 PM

Punks can talk now but we will all see the results on the field shortly…………

60. myhawks1976 says: Jun 27, 2014 2:04 PM

To think…. If I had played a bit more Madden I could have been an NFL QB too!!! SMH

61. themeccalambeaufield says: Jun 27, 2014 2:05 PM

One troll makes something up and the rest of the Lemmings follow along or change your username. Rodgers hands are over an inch bigger try looking it up!

As far as him playing Madden this is the first direction from the brilliant coaching staff. Bwahahahah! I wonder he has to get a slimmed down version of the controller so he can hang on to it. I like the comparisons to Manziel however to justify the idiotic game playing to learn the NFL. You know who else was a big partier in his younger years and turned out pretty good? Breet Favre I believe you heard of him.

Whats he doing in that picture the chicken dance?

62. purp1eone says: Jun 27, 2014 2:08 PM

Now only if EA would come out with a yoga game then Arod could figure out how to beat the 9ers!!!

63. macdaddyspeed says: Jun 27, 2014 2:08 PM

Clearly, the version of Madden he is playing has no playoff mode. SKOLTROLL

64. JSpicoli says: Jun 27, 2014 2:13 PM

Teddy just lost my respect.

65. ghjjf says: Jun 27, 2014 2:13 PM

Maybe that Madden game is how Juan Castillo came up with the “wide 9″

66. logdog22 says: Jun 27, 2014 2:16 PM

Me too! Put me in coach!

67. purplezimmerpride says: Jun 27, 2014 2:17 PM

Great idea!! This make much more sense than trying to learn anything by practicing against my Viking’s NFC North worst defense.

68. eeerockski says: Jun 27, 2014 2:20 PM

If hes hooked his system up to the internet, its possible people could download his custom playbook.

69. vusnu says: Jun 27, 2014 2:27 PM

I think it’s awesome. Why not?

70. natelan69 says: Jun 27, 2014 2:31 PM

What an absolute moron.

71. competitivecompetitioncompeter says: Jun 27, 2014 2:32 PM

That might work, ever so slightly, if he imported the playbook into NFL2k5, which is an actual football sim.

Madden is an arcade game. May as well try to learn the triangle offense by playing NBA Jam. “He’s heating up!”

72. starfan79 says: Jun 27, 2014 2:38 PM

Adrian Peterson is on the practice field thinking “Damn, I could be even better if I sat on my ass and played video games??”

Highly Doubtful.. and now he is highly annoyed that this is his QB.

73. icebowler says: Jun 27, 2014 2:39 PM

Does he need gloves to play video games as well?

74. muddert44 says: Jun 27, 2014 2:40 PM

This quarterback debate between Bridgewater and Manziel will be entertaining. I’ll take a quarterback who just wins, I don’t care what he does off the field as long as it’s legal. Too many of you are not old enough to remember Stabler, Namath, or Layne, who had a good time off the field and just turned it on gameday.

75. packerfansarefatdrunkandstupid says: Jun 27, 2014 2:42 PM

The Packers time is just about up. Rodgers is breaking down and McChubby showed what kind of coach he was without him.

76. zenrooster says: Jun 27, 2014 2:45 PM

HAHAHAHAHA. VIKINGS!!! HAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHA

77. coreyn23 says: Jun 27, 2014 2:50 PM

clownsfan says:
    Jun 27, 2014 1:30 PM

Where you go in the draft has little to do with how good you’ll be:
    See – Tom Brady, Russell Wilson, Joe Montana, Brett Favre, Ryan Leaf, Jamarcus Russell, Matt Leinart, etc. That being said the way the money and contracts are these days it was smart by management to get a 5th yr option by trading up into the 1st round for him. BTW, if you put stock into his draft spot he was being projected as the #1 pick less than a year ago, league wide.

78. raideralex99 says: Jun 27, 2014 3:14 PM

OMG … I’m unbeatable on Madden maybe I should try out for the Vikings.

79. nomoreseasontix says: Jun 27, 2014 3:15 PM

I guess it’s easier than studying the actual playbook.

80. shadowman1433 says: Jun 27, 2014 3:17 PM

I think he used video games to prepare for his pro day also.

81. smartestmanonthecinder says: Jun 27, 2014 3:26 PM

Everything looks good for Teddy. Work ethic & study habits, check. Accurate and live arm, check. Track record of success in college (particular in big games), check. Good leadership and intangibles, check. Experience in pro style offense, check. What’s the concern again? Small hands, gloves, shaky pro day, not 6’5″ and 230lbs? If I’m an NFL front office, and every QB prospect is a gamble, I’m taking that one.

Manziel, though…played in a 1-read-then-run shotgun spread system in college, and getting his first playbook of his football carer with the Browns? You can stop right there. No thanks, not worth the risk. Even if he’s blessed with Mike Vick’s body (and he isn’t), in a Win-Now league, I’m not willing to invest the 3 seasons this guy will need to learn how to run an offense in the Big Boy leagues.

82. themeccalambeaufield says: Jun 27, 2014 3:27 PM

You know the queens are bad when we hear for the 5th straight year that the Packers are on the decline or having to use another team to say the Packers cant beat someone instead of being able to say it about the queens. Better yet lets call the coach fat, fabricate things, or just throw out childish insults. Man I am glad I get to root for a 13x World Champion!

83. whatthehellisgoingonoutthere says: Jun 27, 2014 3:32 PM

He’s going to play a lot more virtual Madden games as a starter than he ever will in the actual NFL. At least he’ll have something he’s good at when he washes out of the league.

84. whatthehellisgoingonoutthere says: Jun 27, 2014 3:32 PM

85. joker65 says: Jun 27, 2014 3:33 PM

Kelly’s Chronicles says:
    Jun 27, 2014 12:21 PM
    Even on Madden the Vikings can’t win.
    ___________________________________

Dude, you must not have any Madden skills…..

86. whatthehellisgoingonoutthere says: Jun 27, 2014 3:37 PM

ariani1985
    Trust me teddy, green bays defense is worse in person!

——————-
    Just think how hard it’s going to be for him to go from practicing against a defense that was worse than Green Bay’s every season the last 5 years to real NFL opponents including Green Bay.

You queenie’s never cease to amaze me. Ripping on a defense and forgetting that the Vikings gave up more points/game every single year over the last 5 than the Packers. That’s why most people find Vikings fans to be a joke.

87. pigskin28 says: Jun 27, 2014 3:39 PM

starfan79 says:
    Jun 27, 2014 1:20 PM
    Bridgewater is a carbon copy of Vince Young

Please explain this to me. What about their build, game, sensibilities, tools, even social stature comes close to resembling the other? Please.

88. leatherface2012 says: Jun 27, 2014 3:49 PM

AND THEYVE WON 2…..THATS TWO….SINCE JAN 1968. FOR GODS SAKE THE FIRST 3 1929-1931 WERE BECAUSE OF LEAGUE STANDINGS…..DIDNT PLAY ANYONE IN A CHAMPIONSHIP GAME. 2 IN 46 YEARS . LETS SEE ,THE COWBOYS HAD 3 IN THE 90S SAN FRAN HAD 4 IN THE 80S STEELERS 4 IN MODERN TIME….GIVE IT A REST ALREADY

89. wheezerswin says: Jun 27, 2014 3:50 PM

And Viking fans make fun of Rodgers for doing yoga? Bridgewater plays video games so he can win at something. I’m sure he will be a great video game QB

90. jakestro says: Jun 27, 2014 3:52 PM

Just wait until he goes through his education on how to deal with the media and answer questions.

“I’m into this team and preparing myself both physically and mentally for my first year, trying to do everything I can to help my team, anyway I can. Even when I’m not studying the playbook with coach (Norv) Turner, I’m working out with Matt (Cassell), picking his brain on different aspects on being an NFL level quarterback. I’m blessed to be around guys in the qb room that have been in the league awhile and have had success at the highest level. I’m like that little brother, always asking questions. I’ll try anything to make myself better and help my team. I even use Madden to take reps mentally. I have to say though, AP is bigger and faster in person.”

Its easy. Even a 35 year old armchair GM from Iowa like myself can spin it.

91. zoxitic says: Jun 27, 2014 3:54 PM

He’s also playing the mini games to improve his 40 time.

92. moeman79 says: Jun 27, 2014 3:56 PM

Go get em Teddy! So excited to hear this news. EA Sports vs practice? MVP! laughing so hard right now. We play you twice a year sweet.

93. mediasloppy says: Jun 27, 2014 3:59 PM

It’s a game. Big deal. The least it could do is get you familiar with how your team will line-up on any given play and what kind of motions they might take. I rather learn a play-book with practice and a game simulation, rather than a play-book with a bunch of X’s and O’s with lines attached. It’s actually cool that you can import a playbook into a game.

94. lnfinite says: Jun 27, 2014 4:00 PM

Clowns trash talk and players play……….

95. jcbadger34 says: Jun 27, 2014 4:01 PM

ariani1985 says: Jun 27, 2014 12:59 PM

———-

To Vikings fans, playing Madden = “working out.” That explains their physiques.

96. hawkforlife says: Jun 27, 2014 4:07 PM

Please tell me there’s no trades in Madden. As a Hawk fan that’s one ex Viking I don’t want.

97. Matt dog from C-town says: Jun 27, 2014 4:13 PM

Bust!!!!!!

98. realmenwearstripes says: Jun 27, 2014 4:21 PM

Does he use a junior-sized controller and wear gloves while playing?

99. emoney826 says: Jun 27, 2014 4:31 PM

Lmao this is too easy…

I’m not even going to comment on it because even viking fans had to roll their eyes when they read the title of this story.

100. mediasloppy says: Jun 27, 2014 4:32 PM

Vikings post are trolled bad. Get a friggen life.

101. deltaoracle says: Jun 27, 2014 4:38 PM

All the rapture Heidi fans are directing toward Bridgewater… I can remember a few years back when they were singing similar praises to a QB drafted even higher. Guy named Donder or something like that.

102. electricboogalo says: Jun 27, 2014 4:40 PM

He does have a better chance at the Madden cover than playing in a Superbowl.

103. deltaoracle says: Jun 27, 2014 4:41 PM

Packers finished atop the 11 team league in 1930. Finishing 10th, the immortal Minneapolis Redwings.
    History may not repeat, but it rhymes.

104. juke1220 says: Jun 27, 2014 4:44 PM

If this is the measurement, I could be NFL MVP! I can read defenses on Madden like a boss!

– every Madden player ever….

105. nicofthenorthstar says: Jun 27, 2014 4:48 PM

Over 100 comments. Lots of folks obsessing over the ever growing purple avalanche that is going to bury our rivals in the years to come.

106. FinFan68 says: Jun 27, 2014 5:02 PM

Aaron Rodgers Has Tiny Hands says:
    Jun 27, 2014 12:45 PM
    ~~~~~~~
    Almost exactly what was said about Ponder before his first training camp . How has that worked out?

107. Aaron Rodgers Has Tiny Hands says: Jun 27, 2014 5:17 PM

_____

2010 – Super Bowl
    2011 – 15-1, blown out in first round
    2012 – 11-5, beat Joe Webb, blown out in next round
    2013 – 8-7-1, lost in first round

Only a Packer fan can look at that and say they are a team on the rise.

108. Aaron Rodgers Has Tiny Hands says: Jun 27, 2014 6:13 PM

If you can’t tell the difference between Ponder and Bridgewater, I can’t help you.

109. beerbratscheese says: Jun 27, 2014 6:58 PM

Aaron Rodgers Has Tiny Hands says: Jun 27, 2014 6:13 PM

————————————-

Excellent point. If you could actually provide us with some NFL footage of Tiny Hands Teddy, that would allow us to make a fair comparison. We’ll be waiting.

110. whatthehellisgoingonoutthere says: Jun 27, 2014 7:00 PM

How many teams have great records missing their starting QB for half the season? It’s pretty simple. One thing we know for sure is that the Vikings have nowhere to go but up because they’ve sucked for so long. Funny that you fail to mention the 10-6 record the year they won the SB.

111. tokyofilthblaster says: Jun 27, 2014 7:20 PM

Teddy uses an extra small game controller.

112. paochow says: Jun 27, 2014 7:42 PM

Aaron Rodger’s hand size: 9 3/8″
    Teddy Bridgewater’s hand size: 9 1/4″

Since Green Bay fans seem to think there is a 1″ difference, I guess that explains why Green Bay isn’t the manufacturing leader of the United States.

113. tokyosandblaster says: Jun 27, 2014 7:53 PM

I bet he has to play on the wii… the playstation and xbox controllers are too big for his baby hands.

114. stellarperformance says: Jun 27, 2014 8:03 PM

Rodgers hand size is 10-1/8″. But if you think it doesn’t make any difference, I guess we’ll see.

115. universalchurchoftruth says: Jun 27, 2014 8:11 PM

I bet Kevin Lanflisi knows Rodger’s real hand size.

116. wafflestomp says: Jun 27, 2014 8:50 PM

Knowing the Minnesota Vikings, they have him playing the Atari 2600!

117. bobnelsonjr says: Jun 27, 2014 9:22 PM

Playing with a child’s toy!!

Perhaps playing with Barbies will improve his fashion sense.

Crayolas and Play-doh will make him an artist.

Legos will make him a general contractor.

Easy Bake Oven will make him a chef.

Oh the delusional world of a viking follower!!

Only the best of the best sportswriters across the nation are selected to go to the Twin Cities and have the opportunity to cover the greatest teams in history, in the best possible market in the universe, like the
    Wild,
    Timberwolves,
    Twins,
    vikings, as well as curling, cross country skiing, and ice fishing.

The swamp brush is thick and the snow jobs heavy and the truth is frozen somewhere and might be accessible in the future when it thaws.

118. phinfanatic84 says: Jun 27, 2014 10:41 PM

At least the young man is at home enjoying himself… I mean.. working on his craft! There’s zero chance of him getting a DWI or in a fight in a Vegas nightclub in the comforts of his own living room. Do your thing Teddy and rep the 305.. even with your pre-teen size hands (j/k about the hands).

119. axespray says: Jun 27, 2014 10:52 PM

I could rip on him since he’s a viking…

But I’ll rip on his cause he thinks “Madden” is a simulator…

Oh hell nah, go dust off your PS2 and play 2k5!

120. chargers308 says: Jun 27, 2014 11:22 PM

Funny to know Teddy! I used to play Tecmo Super Bowl so i could get mental reps back in my day.

121. chargers308 says: Jun 27, 2014 11:24 PM

You better ask Madden for the plays because Norvall is a terrible play caller. Just ask Rivers

122. jackrabbitz says: Jun 27, 2014 11:37 PM

Must of had to dumb down the madden playbook.

123. revelation123 says: Jun 27, 2014 11:56 PM

I’m not going to make fun of Bridgewater for trying to get as good as he can, but the Vikings fans thinking they are superior to Green Bay are amusing.

124. banlarson says: Jun 28, 2014 12:16 AM

Gotta love this kids work ethic. He moved to Mpls the day after the draft. He lives at the training facility and even had them port Turners complex playbook into Madden to help him learn while relaxing. I just bought 4 tickets to the Vikings first preseason game in TCF stadium against the Raiders. Can’t wait to see this new offense and defense. Go Vikes!

125. unmercifulone says: Jun 28, 2014 5:40 AM

“A lot of people ask me what do I do on a video game – I call it taking virtual reps. Each day, I’m trying to get better, trying to out-work my opponent, trying to out-smart my opponent and just try to be the best quarterback that I can be.” said Teddy Bridgewater, former Louisville star who prides himself on his 71% completion rate last season.

“I want to wake up with a week and not have my name going through something, and I’m working on getting better at that. But if I want to go back home and spend time with my friends or go out and enjoy my weekends, I absolutely have the right to do that.” said Johnny Manziel, former Texas A&M star who prides himself on his ability to swim with a plastic swan while drunk.

So… which QB would you rather have on your team?

126. beerbratscheese says: Jun 28, 2014 8:10 AM

So… which QB would you rather have on your team?

I’d rather have Scott Tolzien. He had a 72.9% completion percentage his last year in college.

127. golforepar says: Jun 28, 2014 9:17 AM

I just hope “Baby hands” Bridgewater doesn’t have any issues with those big controls on his game boy!

128. vikingspride says: Jun 28, 2014 11:27 AM

Probably not the greatest tool out there but when he is done studying the real playbook it can’t hurt to be able to relax and still be able to think about football. I give him credit for his creativity. Hopefully he will be the long-term franchise qb every Vikings fan is hoping for.

129. 1952vikefan says: Jun 28, 2014 7:53 PM

Yeah 9.25 hand size is pretty puny compared to Aaron Rodgers monstrosity hands at 9.38 almost go half again round the ball

130. blowfishes says: Jun 30, 2014 3:16 PM

Front Page Sports Football ’98

131. ajzinnecker says: Jun 30, 2014 5:32 PM

Wow….people are stupid. Who cares if he is playing a video game? At least he is thinking about football. What you want is a QB that lives and breathes football. Nobody knows if he will be good in the NFL. Only time will tell, but his work ethic is defiantly a sign in the right direction.

Packers fans need to shut up. Yes, you are a better team than the Vikings currently. Only an idiot doesn’t see that. This is coming from a Vikings fan. You have your franchise QB and we don’t. but can anyone remember how bad the Packers were before they were spoiled with back to back hall of fame QBs (Favre and Rodgers). They were one of the worse teams in the 70’s and 80’s. Few teams are lucky to have consistent QB play from two QB’s in two generations. All it takes is hitting on the next Franchise QB and the Vikes are right back in it. I’m not saying Bridgewater is it, but with his attitude you have to like his chances. The last QB I saw who lived and breathed football like this won the Super Bowl last year. (Russel Wilson) Nothing is set in stone. Also – what is with all the small hand comments? Who cares if he wears gloves? Who cares what any players use as long as they work hard and try to be successful.