Broncos’ Chris Harris 85 percent recovered from torn ACL

Chris Harris, Rahim Moore AP

Broncos cornerback Chris Harris says he’s most of the way back from the torn ACL he suffered in January.

I’m doing great, man,” Harris told the Tulsa World. “I’m probably about 85 percent right. I have one more month of training and then I finally get [medically cleared] so I’m excited about that.”

Harris was a starter for the entire 2013 regular season but suffered a torn ACL in the divisional round of the playoffs and missed the AFC Championship Game and the Super Bowl. If Harris makes a complete recovery he’ll start opposite Aqib Talib this season. Harris said he believes the Broncos are a great team, and more talented than last year.

“I’ve never had that much talent around me to play with, so I think it is going to be fun to play with a bunch of guys that are just as talented as me,” Harris said.

Having Harris at 100 percent by the start of the season would be a big boost to Denver’s defense.

Permalink 19 Comments Feed for comments Latest Stories in: Denver Broncos, Rumor Mill, Top Stories
19 Responses to “Broncos’ Chris Harris 85 percent recovered from torn ACL”
  1. joetoronto says: Jun 30, 2014 6:39 AM

Yes, such a “great team.”

43-8

2. shootscuz says: Jun 30, 2014 7:00 AM

Joetoronto you are such a troll. You wish the Raiders could be a contender like the Broncos are. But they’re not, so all you can do now is hate. I feel for you, I really do.

3. snowdood163 says: Jun 30, 2014 7:04 AM

joetoronto says:
    Jun 30, 2014 6:39 AM
    Yes, such a “great team.”

43-8
    ————-
    Please tell us joeblowstoronto, how did your team do? When was the last time your team even went to the playoffs? When was the last time your team EVEN HAD A WINNING SEASON?? Trolls in glass houses shouldn’t cast stones moron.

4. eaglesnoles05 says: Jun 30, 2014 7:30 AM

Ohhhh the dynamic of pft posting…

Comment: “Your team has problem X, and I’m gonna be rude about it.”

Reponse: “I choose to ignore discussion of the problem of my team, which was commented on and is the subject of this article, and instead want to point out all the problems of another team which has nothing to do with anything other than it’s the favorite team of the commenter that hit-the-nail-on-the-head in noting my teams problem. Also, I’m gonna be more rude and childish about it.”

5. eaglesnoles05 says: Jun 30, 2014 7:32 AM

Actually, my TI-85 claculator came up with 81.4% recovery for Harris, but I’ll defer to Cliff … my batteries may be low.

6. broncostevenp says: Jun 30, 2014 9:07 AM

We will see where the Broncos are week 3 at Seattle. Until then, I will just keep my mouth shut and let the trolls be trolls.

7. flexx91 says: Jun 30, 2014 9:09 AM

The little ACL recovery status meter connected to his knee says 84.6% so he actually rounded it up to 85%.

8. seatownballers says: Jun 30, 2014 9:10 AM

Pats vs Broncos in the afc championship game for the next 3 years

9. chargersdiehard says: Jun 30, 2014 9:31 AM

Paper champ Broncos! The Broncos will not even win the division this year let alone get to another super bowl to choke away. This is the Chargers year. Nice shiny Lombardi for SD and we wont have to cheat the cap. Joe Trollontro will jump on the Bolts bandwagon within a few years when the Raiders get moved to London.

10. broncostevenp says: Jun 30, 2014 9:45 AM

——————————————————-

Says the fan of a team that has gone to one Super Bowl and got blown out 49-26.

I do think your Raider comment was funny.

If Joe from Toronto became a fan of the Bolts, would that increase your fan base to 2?

11. ravensrunthenfl says: Jun 30, 2014 10:27 AM

#ZEROSUPERBOWLSSINCECAPGATE

12. listenup823 says: Jun 30, 2014 10:29 AM

Really chargersdiehard? Nothing’s changed here.. 8-8 for you guys again.. Phillip Rivers is your QB.. You forget that?

13. sc5000 says: Jun 30, 2014 10:37 AM

Broncos need to stay healthy this year. I worry CHJr and Miller are rushing it back too soon.

If Denver lost the superbowl with a healthy roster 43-8 would mean something. But when your missing the best LT in the game, the best outsude pass rusher ITG and the best nickel corner ITG, plus 3 other young upcoming players on defense, there chances were never good. Also Seattle was finally at full strength getting Percy back. Factor in Denver had a cupcake schedule (nfc east and afc south, yes your divisions are scum piles) and simply put they weren’t ready to deal with Seattle.
    That will change this year. Denver has a much improved division this year to play (chiefs will be down, chargers and raiders will improve) plus they are playing the NFC West and AFC East so it will be a physical year. That week 3 game will be a huge indicator whether Denver is really as far off as the Superbowl score would indicate.

14. jjackwagon says: Jun 30, 2014 11:58 AM

sc5000, only losers blame injuries.

That game was over at 14:48 of the 1st quarter. The look on Peytons face after the safety said it all. And it had nothing to do with all the injured personnel you just mentioned.

15. arzcardinals says: Jun 30, 2014 11:59 AM

You guys are real sensitive regarding your teams. Note no NFL team pays u a penny nor cares one iota about you…ease up. It’s entertainment. I’ll never get why some people let their day be ruined by something they have NO control over. Your lucky shirt isn’t lucky, your special things you do that you think influences the game don’t. You have no effect in the game at all. So, relax and enjoy the game(s). Have fun and when it’s over have a great day whether the team you like wins or not.

16. scw1993 says: Jun 30, 2014 12:51 PM

bronco fans and their injury excuses, weather excuses, referee excuses, bad calls excuses…just own up to the REAL reason the team lost. Can’t even call it a game, call it an embarrassment of epic proportion…43 – 8*

17. vaughnjoe says: Jun 30, 2014 2:06 PM

That Superbowl was the most entertaining in years. I loved watching the broncos get stomped. Just goes to show, you cant buy a Superbowl.

18. jjackwagon says: Jun 30, 2014 3:21 PM

Yes but have the Broncos 85% recovered from that 43-8 beatdown? I am guessing no. 9-7 maybe 10-6 but will still win their division and exit early from the playoffs.

19. broncostevenp says: Jun 30, 2014 5:09 PM

_________________________________

Your comment really makes no sense. There is a salary cap in the NFL, so EVERYONE buys a SuperBowl, they just have a cap as to what they can spend. It’s not like the Hawks haven’t signed free agents to help them like Cliff Avril and Michael Bennett.

I wonder if Yankees and Red Sox fans would agree with you?