Felix Jones has “gut feeling” he’ll play in 2014

Dallas Cowboys v New York Jets Getty Images

Running back Felix Jones didn’t play a big role for the Steelers last year, running for 184 yards on 48 carries, and that seemed to confirm that the former first-round pick’s once-bright career prospect were getting dimmer and dimmer with every passing day.

The crickets that have accompanied his arrival to the free agent market this year aren’t doing much to change the outlook. Jones isn’t ready to start looking for another line of work, though. He’s working out and believes that he still has “some gas in my motor” that he believes he’ll be putting to use for a team in the near future.

“I know something is going to happen, I have a gut feeling,” Jones said, via the Tulsa World. “I just have to stay prepared for it.”

It seems clear at this point in the offseason that no team has found a burning need to add Jones to their roster, which may mean that he’ll be waiting for injury or other catastrophe to strike in order to get another chance at making a roster.

Permalink 8 Comments Feed for comments Latest Stories in: Home, Rumor Mill
8 Responses to “Felix Jones has “gut feeling” he’ll play in 2014”
  1. justinstuckrule says: Jul 1, 2014 8:09 AM

I’d like to see my Giants sign Felix Jones to be their starter. He’s a true warrior. The Giants have big needs at RB after David Wilson’s retirement due to injury.

Jones reminds me of the second greatest Giant in team history. Tiki Barber.

2. brandonj21 says: Jul 1, 2014 8:16 AM

His “gut” is the reason he is out of a job now .

3. wannabeqb says: Jul 1, 2014 8:45 AM

I remember when he was a seriously explosive change of pace back paired with Marion Barber. Becoming the “workhorse” must have really worn him down.

Backs like CJ Spiller (chosen because I believe he’s in a contract year) should take a look at this story and see the value in splitting time with a bigger guy.

4. stillers213 says: Jul 1, 2014 9:28 AM

He played pretty well last season. His versatility and ability to play special teams well should land him somewhere. From a Stiller’s point of view, I’m very happy we upgraded to Blount.

5. fordmandalay says: Jul 1, 2014 9:54 AM

Wow the NFL burns out RBs like matches these days. Anything past a 3 year career is a miracle anymore.

6. dallascowboysdishingthereal says: Jul 1, 2014 2:37 PM

His productivity has declined every season lately and new younger guys hit the league each draft. Afraid it may be time to get a regular job Felix.

7. ravens2xworldchamps says: Jul 1, 2014 3:36 PM

Bust

8. simonator917 says: Jul 1, 2014 4:52 PM

Wouldn’t it be interesting if the Raiders signed him and paired him with his old college backfield mate from Arkansas, Darren McFadden?