Manziel tones it down . . . by hanging out with Justin Bieber

Manziel

At a time when Browns owner Jimmy Haslam has been firing plenty of employees, there’s one guy who can defy him without consequence.

And he apparently is.

Chris Mortensen of ESPN recently reported that Haslam wants Manziel to tone it down.  Not that Mort needs us or anyone else to confirm his report, but it’s accurate; regardless of comments suggesting that the Browns have no issue with Manziel’s “work hard, play harder” motto, the Browns don’t like it.

Manziel presumably knows it.  And after a couple of fairly quiet weekends, Manziel made a big splash on Monday night by hanging out with . . . Justin Bieber.

Yes, Bieber.  The BFF of Keyshawn Johnson.  The child-man-child who periodically seems to be in the process of imploding.

Via The Big Lead, Manziel partied last night in Hollywood with Bieber, Floyd Mayweather, and Tyrese.  Bieber posted photos of the get-together on social media.  Per TMZ, police were twice called to Bieber’s house due to noise (possibly by Keyshawn).

From the Browns’ perspective, it’s the latest example of Manziel keeping anything but a low profile as he enjoys his time away from work.  And it’s evidence that he indeed won’t change, even if his employer asks him to.  From the NFL’s perspective, the powers-that-be can’t be thrilled about Manziel’s open association with Mayweather, a notorious, high-stakes gambler.

The only possible good news for the Browns is that Manziel seems to have an “oh crap I probably shouldn’t be doing this” look on his face.

On one hand, Manziel has yet to get in trouble.  On the other hand, he’s flying fairly close to the sun on wings of pastrami.  It may be only a matter of time before Manziel lands on the wrong side of the line on which he’s currently popping and locking.

Permalink 235 Comments Feed for comments Latest Stories in: Cleveland Browns, Rumor Mill, Top Stories
235 Responses to “Manziel tones it down . . . by hanging out with Justin Bieber”
  1. seahawksteven777 says: Jul 1, 2014 10:13 AM

This guy is going to fail so hard in the NFL if he keeps this up. The fact that some compared this guy to Russell Wilson is an insult to Wilson.

You don’t see any other NFL quarterbacks doing what Manziel is doing.

2. wny49er says: Jul 1, 2014 10:13 AM

If I hadn’t lost respect for him before, I have now!

3. Steeley McBeam says: Jul 1, 2014 10:14 AM

The real question is why is a 37 year old Mayweather hanging out with a 20 year old Bieber and a 21 year old Manziel?

I just dont get rich people…

4. doctorrustbelt says: Jul 1, 2014 10:15 AM

Unfortunately… Manziel won’t be hanging out with any high quality wide receivers during the season.

I rail about how thin the Bengals receiving corps is… but… Cleveland has NOBODY.

5. tomny0970 says: Jul 1, 2014 10:15 AM

Leave the kid alone. Until he’s not prepared or isn’t progressing as well as expected, or gets into some kind of legal trouble, who cares? He’s using his time off to go to Vegas and party or to hang out with celebrities. Who cares? If I was a Cleveland fan my only concern would be “can he play?”

6. atthemurph says: Jul 1, 2014 10:16 AM

Hanging with that little twerp Bieber just sealed Manziel’s fate. I now hate him.

7. nosleeptilsb says: Jul 1, 2014 10:18 AM

I called him the Justin Bieber of the NFL last week. Could I get a free hat out of it maybe?

8. calhounlambeau says: Jul 1, 2014 10:18 AM

Entitled, spoiled brat.

9. downvotesforeveryone says: Jul 1, 2014 10:18 AM

Just when you think you couldn’t dislike Manziel anymore than you did …

10. nflgiant says: Jul 1, 2014 10:19 AM

I would never have drafted this guy.

11. Kaz says: Jul 1, 2014 10:19 AM

I’m almost out of popcorn watching Manziel implode in Cleveland’s face and the season hasn’t even started yet!

12. weepingjebus says: Jul 1, 2014 10:21 AM

…an inflatable Justin Bieber?

13. gainofivefirstdown says: Jul 1, 2014 10:21 AM

Bieber,…that’s the part whereJohnny loses anyone’s sympathy, and everyone’s RESPECT. This Browns fan is rooting heavily for Brian Hoyer …right…about…now.

14. slugdc says: Jul 1, 2014 10:21 AM

LOL this kid is such a tool. I foresee a bust of spectacular magnitude.

15. bskeezy000 says: Jul 1, 2014 10:21 AM

Hanging out with Justin Bieber and Floyd Mayweather on a Monday night is the exact opposite of toning it down. I like Manziel, but when he has a bad game, this is fuel for the fire. As Walter White once said… “Tread lightly.”

16. jjb0811 says: Jul 1, 2014 10:21 AM

This is nothing new for him. I’m not sure why his every waking moment makes headline news. The factory of sadness is just now realizing Manziel will be yet another wasted draft pick filled w/ high hopes & another 3 seasons of sub 500 football.

17. stainlessstill says: Jul 1, 2014 10:22 AM

2 years…maybe 3 if lucky TOPS in the NFL.

18. petecarrolmorelikecheatpayroll says: Jul 1, 2014 10:22 AM

I now know that without a shadow of doubt that Manziel will be a bust. I was rooting for the guy because he was a rebel (I like that to an extent), but enough is enough. Johnny Manziel is both a fool and a tool!

19. mnjoemama says: Jul 1, 2014 10:23 AM

I didn’t think I could love Teddy Ballgame any more until I read this article. The whole league will be sippin that purple bridgewater koolaid in a few months . Skol Vikes

20. dethsupport says: Jul 1, 2014 10:24 AM

Oh my…Manziel has jumped the shark. Dudes cursed now boyos.

21. mancave001 says: Jul 1, 2014 10:25 AM

I was fine with his activities. WAS. Beiber needs to go away forever. Please never do this to is again, Johnny.

Sincerely,

Humanity

22. dkrause71 says: Jul 1, 2014 10:25 AM

He better hope he is as good as he thinks he is

23. edavidberg says: Jul 1, 2014 10:25 AM

This is one reason he fell to pick 21 in the draft. The guy got kicked out of the Mannings passing academy. You aren’t going to change him you just have to hope he is mature enough to put the work in when he is not partying.

24. whatthehellisgoingonoutthere says: Jul 1, 2014 10:26 AM

It’s one thing to enjoy life to the fullest when you’re young and rich, but it’s quite another when you start hanging out with Bieber. That says more about his judgement than anything else he’s done.

25. godofwine330 says: Jul 1, 2014 10:26 AM

I am a Browns fan and have said on more than one occasion that I didn’t want him, I wanted Bridgewater. The Browns and Browns fans wanted him and now that they got him he has been on a whirlwind of “I’m gonna do what I want to do.” It’s not stopping. It’s not even close to slowing down.

Hopefully he has been studying, too, because if not it will be another wasted QB pick at #22. As a Browns fan I am not hoping against the success of Manziel, because if he wins then I win. But if he fails he will only have himself to blame. People forget that Brett Favre partied and drank his way out of Atlanta. Let’s hope that it doesn’t happen with JFF.

26. niners816 says: Jul 1, 2014 10:26 AM

And I thought I couldn’t like Manziel any less! Now you’re hanging out with boy/girl (Bieber)? Wow, I remember when everyone gave us Niners fans crap about Kap! Glad I’m not a Browns fan, they always get the short end of the stick! Manziel is about as annoying as the Seattle Seahawks fanbase, Established: 2011.

27. clg82 says: Jul 1, 2014 10:26 AM

Kids gonna be a bust…..I wish I had the opportunities he does so that I could take full advantage of them….

28. floreskins says: Jul 1, 2014 10:26 AM

Enough. Until his play on the field is effected leave the Manziel updates to TMZ. He moved up on the Browns depth chart in OTAs and he’s going to start week 1. He is allowed to have a life.

29. lengai says: Jul 1, 2014 10:27 AM

Ryan Leaf is going to look like Manning after this guy is done doing his damage.

30. nite2al says: Jul 1, 2014 10:27 AM

I bet tons of athletes party harder than Johnny. It’s sad how every move he makes is magnified.

31. hanifmiller says: Jul 1, 2014 10:27 AM

Come on FLoyd your better than th….
    No not really!

32. scott29va says: Jul 1, 2014 10:28 AM

If the Browns didn’t know this was going to happen then they are bigger idiots than people already think they are.

33. robigd says: Jul 1, 2014 10:28 AM

So glad the Jags didn’t take this scrub.

34. steelerben says: Jul 1, 2014 10:28 AM

Everyone is jumping on Johnny Football’s every move. It is clearly a big misunderstanding because, judging from the photo, he was hanging out with Ellen Degeneres and Terry Crews.

35. bighat8 says: Jul 1, 2014 10:29 AM

All this and he’s in Cleveland. One can only imagince the circus if he’d went to Dallas. Jerry seems awful smart bout now.

36. mousietongue says: Jul 1, 2014 10:29 AM

What a sham all this nothing but football BS going into the draft out of the Manziel camp. This guy better be good or Ryan Leaf will have company in the biggest bust category

37. jkulha86 says: Jul 1, 2014 10:30 AM

Just when we think you couldn’t become a bigger douche bag, you go and pull something like this… and totally redeem yourself!

38. wildbillesq says: Jul 1, 2014 10:30 AM

Leave the kid alone.

39. ravanator says: Jul 1, 2014 10:30 AM

So glad the Browns drafted Manziel. Can’t wait for Suggs to end this guys career. Cheers!

#jealousofour2rings
    #brownsareirrelevant
    #joemontanaflacco

40. smstonerock says: Jul 1, 2014 10:30 AM

Wow I’m getting old.

41. dannersthemanners says: Jul 1, 2014 10:30 AM

I’ve been defending him up until now. He has crossed the line with Beiber.

42. maddog111 says: Jul 1, 2014 10:31 AM

It’s obvious the most important thing to this dude is being a celebrity. Have a feeling this is not going to end well.

43. thestrategyexpert says: Jul 1, 2014 10:32 AM

Haslam shouldn’t worry, Bieber could be a great mentor if he really applies himself, and maybe Manziel will come into work today with great news that he sold a few suites to his buddies last night while working hard as he parties hard!

44. g35phin says: Jul 1, 2014 10:32 AM

Top 5 QB’s in the NFL today:
    1) Peyton Manning
    2) Drew Brees
    3) Aaron Rodgers
    4) Tom Brady
    5) Santana Moss

IN THAT ORDER!!!!

45. steeltroll says: Jul 1, 2014 10:33 AM

Justin Bieber? Really? Why?! You’d think Bieber is the sort that, before fame, guys like Manziel were beating up or oblivious to in high school. Also, his music blows.

46. pack15forever says: Jul 1, 2014 10:33 AM

This guy hasn’t played a down in the NFL and gets more press coverage than any star. Manziel deserves part of the blame but so does the media who is obsessed with every move he makes. Johnny Manziel is the Kim Kardashian of the NFL.

47. msstiller58 says: Jul 1, 2014 10:34 AM

He’s not even giving his team a fair chance. Looks like another crash n burn for Browns.

48. pacodawg says: Jul 1, 2014 10:34 AM

Just win baby! I could care less if people are jealous of him. Admit it and let it go.

49. geezohman says: Jul 1, 2014 10:35 AM

i don’t know. Joe Nameth didn’t do too bad. Johnny hasn’t even thrown a pass yet. The jury should still be out in this case. Social Media and todays society… in my day its was called the peanut gallery. Give it till the end of July beginning of August. (and I’m a Steeler fan)

50. kt22niner says: Jul 1, 2014 10:35 AM

I used to defend Manziel but hanging out with the Biebs is indefensible. We need to ship that Vanilla Ice wanna-be back to Canada ASAP!

51. flushdownmikebrown says: Jul 1, 2014 10:36 AM

The Browns….. you got to feel bad for them

52. corvusrex96 says: Jul 1, 2014 10:36 AM

Has Manziel screwed any business partners or customers out of millions of dollars ? No so then Jimmy Haslem should keep his mouth shut

53. haydenpryor says: Jul 1, 2014 10:37 AM

They all participated in a high-stakes Circlejerk

54. rob471773 says: Jul 1, 2014 10:37 AM

Wow, I seriously feel bad for Browns fans, everytime this DB is in the news they must be nauseous. They drafted this generations Matt Leinart.

Teddy Bridgewater is going to be the best player to come out of the 2014 draft.

55. jwh8541 says: Jul 1, 2014 10:38 AM

gee man football fans are such church ladies. you wouldn’t think football is the blood sport it is. These guys just arent the choir boys some seem to want.

56. alewatcher says: Jul 1, 2014 10:39 AM

This signing keeps looking more and more like the train wreck scenario.

57. lastdukestreetking says: Jul 1, 2014 10:39 AM

I don’t get what the deal is here. Manziel’s level of success (or not) in the NFL will have nothing to do with whose house he went to for a party during his time off.

58. 84smooninlambeaunevergetsold says: Jul 1, 2014 10:41 AM

Ok, this is good. I’m actually happy now that the Vikings did the right thing by not drafting him, since all three in the picture will be nowhere to be seen in 5 years.

59. elliottcovert says: Jul 1, 2014 10:41 AM

If you didn’t hate him before you’d damn well better hate him now

60. rob471773 says: Jul 1, 2014 10:41 AM

If you do EVERYTHING right like stay in amazing shape, become a true student of the game and live, eat and sleep football 24/7 it’s still incredibly hard to make it as an NFL QB.

And Johnny is just putting in the bare minimum so he can cash in on chances to party with Bieber and Mayweather, who by all accounts are terrible human beings.

Good luck Browns fans.

61. jnbnet says: Jul 1, 2014 10:41 AM

Good thing Hoyer is still on board.

62. patssox says: Jul 1, 2014 10:41 AM

It shows incredibly bad judgment to be hanging out with Bieber

63. captainwisdom8888 says: Jul 1, 2014 10:41 AM

The way Jimmy Haslam views this situation…he actually sees Johnny Manziell as the one creating these “distractions,” when in reality he’s just having some fun while living his ultimate dream. I would fully understand the media jumping all over Manziell if he were guilty of some kind of wrong-doing, but until that happens…it’s the media who needs to tone it down. Back off the kid and let him breathe, stop incessantly asking his teammates what they think about his off-field decisions, and quit trying to create controversy out of thin air.

64. holeinone09 says: Jul 1, 2014 10:42 AM

He’s just enjoying himself before having to face the Steelers’ new and improved defense, a combination of power and speed. I can understand that.

65. dabears2485 says: Jul 1, 2014 10:42 AM

FYI – Favre was a party boy, too. He turned out ok.

66. kneelbeforesod says: Jul 1, 2014 10:43 AM

To make it a trifecta; he should add the Kardashians to his resume.

67. tinbender2000 says: Jul 1, 2014 10:44 AM

Drug test time.

68. dawginct says: Jul 1, 2014 10:44 AM

It is any wonder that the Browns have began to start potential talks with Brian Hoyer on a contract extension? I never wanted Manziere, I like others, wanted Bridgewater. But heaven forbid the Browns make the “safe” pick. For the sake of all Browns fans, I actually hope he succeeds, but this act is already getting old before he has even taken his first NFL snap..

69. ridingwithnohandlebars says: Jul 1, 2014 10:45 AM

This explains why the Browns are trying to work out an extension with Hoyer.

70. jimmyt says: Jul 1, 2014 10:46 AM

Am I the only one that can see he is simply toying with all of those that care about this kind of drama?

71. qdog112 says: Jul 1, 2014 10:47 AM

PERFECT! My nickname may catch after all.

72. brettfavresmidget says: Jul 1, 2014 10:48 AM

Can we deport them both?

73. kingmj4891 says: Jul 1, 2014 10:50 AM

To Bad they got him under contract they should have waited til training camp now it is to late to cut his a55.

74. bradygirl12 says: Jul 1, 2014 10:52 AM

LOVE the Seinfeld reference…and that’s exactly what Manziel is doing.

75. urbusted2 says: Jul 1, 2014 10:53 AM

I’m a Browns fan and I hated this pick when they made it. I bet they’re beginning to second guess themselves too. This is a blue collar area with many people struggling to make ends meet. Play hard and earn your money. Don’t flaunt it Manziel.

76. clbrwns says: Jul 1, 2014 10:55 AM

As a die hard Browns fan I want this guy to fail. I hate having him on this team. I hope Hoyer wins this job and keeps it. Trade Johnny Football to Dallas – Jones wants him – for whatever we can get.

77. pkrlvr says: Jul 1, 2014 10:56 AM

You can get away with a lot in the NFL….beating your girl, drunk driving, stabbing, biting etc….but the one thing you can’t ever do is hang out with Justin F’n Beiber.

78. MostlyRight says: Jul 1, 2014 10:57 AM

I gave this kid the benefit of the doubt right up to the moment he did his stupid “.money, money, money I Got Paid” thing as his first action upon finally getting picked in the draft.

79. metitometin says: Jul 1, 2014 10:58 AM

All this partying and boozing around. To me, it looks like football is the last thing on his mind. If nothing else, it’s a very bad image when you’re fighting to win the QB job. To me, it reeks of entitlement. The Browns would be crazy to give him the starting job at this point. Sit him on the bench for a season and then we’ll see if he goes out partying with the Biebs.

80. dinodimes says: Jul 1, 2014 10:58 AM

Johnny football is my great white hope. Sincerely. Donald sterling

81. icup89 says: Jul 1, 2014 11:01 AM

I hope Manziel plays good football and the field and continues to give the finger to the world.

82. innocent32710 says: Jul 1, 2014 11:04 AM

Huge Viking fan here. I said this before and will say it again. I have no faith whatsoever in Rick Spielman, he wanted Manziel over Bridgewater. He wanted to trade up to get this guy before he traded up to get Teddy B.

Teddy B. might turn out to be a decent player, let’s hope so, but never forget who Spielman really wanted. If Teddy B. turns out to be decent, Spielman will look good, but not in my book.

He really wanted this guy as his first choice.

May God help this franchise.

83. hummer53 says: Jul 1, 2014 11:06 AM

He’s gonna test positive by just breathing.

84. jagsfan2012 says: Jul 1, 2014 11:12 AM

I can’t believe I was hoping the Jags would draft him. I can do without the Bieber.

85. hockeykrishna says: Jul 1, 2014 11:13 AM

It is now official. The Browns have replaced the Jets as the NFL Circus franchise. Sorry Rex, this kid patented stupid, and he’s going to hold the title for the two years he’s in the league before he flames out.

Again, that scouting report about his lack of work ethic and focus seems amazingly prescient.

86. bakeberryjam says: Jul 1, 2014 11:17 AM

If the Browns and their fans keep discouraging Manziel’s behavior, he’s just going to get sick of playing in Cleveland — should Manziel turn out to be great, is he going to want to stay on a team that publicly rained on his fun?

I would at least let Manziel do as he pleases until it’s clear that he’s hurting the team’s play on the field. You don’t want to lose a possibly great and exciting player to another team just because he’s not a choir boy.

87. txraiderfan says: Jul 1, 2014 11:17 AM

Gotta be careful. “It’s a small world, after all”

88. touchdownroddywhite says: Jul 1, 2014 11:19 AM

The biggest tool in America hanging out with the biggest tool in Canada, while being protected by their pimp. How cute. I’ve never hoped for somebody’s career to fail before today, but I hope this kid is gone from the league sooner than later.

89. thefiesty1 says: Jul 1, 2014 11:20 AM

If the Browns had a brain they would have included a clause to control this type of behavior in his contract and fine him so much that daddy will have to get little boy to stop and act like a man.

90. thefox61 says: Jul 1, 2014 11:20 AM

A match made in heaven… If this foosball thing don’t work out for Johnny maybe he can be a backup singer/dancer for Justin…

91. vltrophy14 says: Jul 1, 2014 11:23 AM

I wonder if LeBron still has Johnny’s back? LeBron what’s your real thoughts on Johnny? I picture his team mates hoping he gets his bell rung to hopefully knock some sense into him if that’s at all possible

92. jayniner says: Jul 1, 2014 11:26 AM

Let the Johnny Manziel implosion begin!

#factoryofsadness

93. rugbyisbetter says: Jul 1, 2014 11:26 AM

Im not a Cleveland or Manziel fan. But how do pictures and hanging out effect his play? You think Prime Time wasn’t living it up?

Tom Brady in his early days of Super Bowls always said how he partied it up and didn’t want to be looked up to.

Now, come September or whenever he gets on the field, if he pulls up lame then Im right there with you. But I don’t want to be the guy saying he’s a bust, and then he runs for 2 TDs and throws for 2 in his debut.. Just sayin

94. usedjock says: Jul 1, 2014 11:26 AM

I am trying to figure out the look on Johnny Fratboys face. Is it a “oh crap they told me to tone it down and here I am” or is it “oh my god I am in a selfie with Bieber”

95. davikes says: Jul 1, 2014 11:32 AM

Johnny Party Football. This isn’t going to end well.

96. Getoffmylawn! says: Jul 1, 2014 11:32 AM

The next report I read of him studying the Browns playbook will be the first!
    This is a full-time job and Football is year round now. Get your head out of your azz and into your team.

97. ravenmadnky says: Jul 1, 2014 11:33 AM

Haslam wanted Manziel because he thought Manziel would sell many tickets. He was correct. Many Cleveland fans have already bought season tickets…to watch a hungover Manziel hold a clipboard every Sunday. Next summer, they will pay good money to watch Manziel be a celebrity wrestler at Wrestlemania.

98. linemanguy74 says: Jul 1, 2014 11:34 AM

Swift kick in ass may wake him up

99. brownsmakemecrazy says: Jul 1, 2014 11:34 AM

I have said from day 1 i wanted mettenberger, murray or McCarron. If the Browns couldnt handle Johnny Circus then they never should have drafted him.

I hope he is a success for the Browns, for the Browns sake, but i honestly dont think hes game translates to the NFL and ive said that from Day 1.

This is why the Browns continue to be a trainwreck, its called dumb decision making, just like the decision to pass on Sammy Watkins, when they knew theres a great chance Gordon is going to be suspended.

There is no curse its called horrible drafting and horrible decisions. This is what you get when you have an incompetent front office and incompetent ownership. This is what you get when you fire Chud after 1 season. Its amazing how all those decisions translate to the trAinwreck and soap opera called the Cleveland Browns.

100. mychode says: Jul 1, 2014 11:35 AM

Even if this kid retired today he’d be considered the most popular player in Cleveland Browns history.

101. brianstevens0915 says: Jul 1, 2014 11:37 AM

21st century version of the 3 stooges.

102. tvjules says: Jul 1, 2014 11:38 AM

Now we see why the Browns are pushing to extend Hoyer.

103. ghjjf says: Jul 1, 2014 11:38 AM

In related news, his official nickname is now Johnny Bieber

104. pillowporkers says: Jul 1, 2014 11:42 AM

Honestly I’ve tried standing up for the kid. On one hand, don’t draft Johnny Manziel is this wasn’t what you wanted. However, this kid is just downright immature. I agree people should get off his back to an extent, but at this point it just seems he’s like a 16 year old kid who thinks he knows everything, and is doing this stuff just to spit in people’s faces and show he can. This guy isn’t ready to lead an NFL team of grown men. He’s too immature. He wasn’t doing this last year, when he was in college. If I was a Cleveland fan, I would want him to fail at first. Maybe that will be his wake up call that the world doesn’t revolve around Johnny, and you don’t get everything you want by not working for it. He’s been handed everything in his life to this point, and it clearly shows.

105. blackbug99 says: Jul 1, 2014 11:42 AM

Who does Mayweather hang with when the kids have homework?

106. lionsdraftguy says: Jul 1, 2014 11:44 AM

If I could punch one person in the throat it would be Justin Beiber.

107. brownsmakemecrazy says: Jul 1, 2014 11:44 AM

When the season comes his weekends will be tied up with football. Now if he does this stuff on a non-bye week during the season, then you need to admit you made a total bonehead decision, just add tuus to the list of your last 100 bonehead decisions, and release him.

Hell you are still paying your last 4 head coaches, hes cheaper than they are.

108. ravensfaninflorida says: Jul 1, 2014 11:45 AM

Haslam blowing his fuse in 3….2….1. I bet they are regretting this draft pick already. I know I would be.

109. amanistumor says: Jul 1, 2014 11:45 AM

Is Haslam sure that bum that told him to draft Manziel really wasn’t just Manziel in disguise??

110. trolltoll11 says: Jul 1, 2014 11:46 AM

His bust will be very fun to watch. The biebs…seriously?

111. bassplucker says: Jul 1, 2014 11:46 AM

What a waste of a good draft pick.

112. nyking1963 says: Jul 1, 2014 11:50 AM

I always rooted for Johnny Football in college, but he’s become impossible to root for in the NFL.
    I’ve never known the Manning family to embarrass another player (except defensive players on the field), but for them to kick him out of their passing camp, you have to be pretty bad. That should have scared off every NFL team. Thank God for the Browns being in the AFC North. They’ll never be a contending team. As a Bengals fan, it’s nice to know!

113. summitmech says: Jul 1, 2014 11:50 AM

Thanking my lucky stars the Vikings didn’t take Manziel! It would suck to have to hate the one new player who held my entire franchise’s future in his hands.

A friend of Bieber’s is an enemy of mine. Sorry Cleveland!

114. rex1979 says: Jul 1, 2014 11:52 AM

god this guys sucks

115. joemac1114 says: Jul 1, 2014 11:53 AM

Hanging out with the Biebs takes him from Johnny Hero to Johnny Zero. Maybe Johnny should have random drug test right now.

116. drwbrsdmndsnxplntn says: Jul 1, 2014 11:53 AM

Celebrity Man Guy strikes again!

In all honesty though? There is only one QB who can have a heart to heart and show JFF what his future self looks like and that’s Todd Marinovich. Their stories are eerily similar.

117. jmc8888 says: Jul 1, 2014 11:58 AM

What a moron. He’s battling for a starting job, and I guarantee the other guy Hoyer, who has time in the system, is studying and mentally preparing to win the job.

He doesn’t know how to be an NFL player, let alone a leader, or QB of a team.

Hoyer isn’t even that good, he’s mediocre at best. He’s serviceable. Not beating him out would be a big mark against Manziel, even if he is a rookie.

Remember folks, when they say…he’s just a rookie, he doesn’t know what’s going on, or know the system very well, or as well as Hoyer…well duh…he’s out partying, that’s why.

…and Johnny Football is wrong, Alcohol stays in your system and effects you for close to a week after, which means if he parties every weekend, he’s literally affected almost 100 percent of time.

So if he’s mentally unprepared, are we going to use the rookie crutch? Or are we going to notice he didn’t spend his time wisely and was drinking instead of studying.

People like to compare him to Namath, but forget the massive differences. You can’t compare him to Namath, because it was a different time. Hell probably close to half the guys in the NFL smoked back then. They also were alot smaller. Joe Namath was 6’2″ at a time when defensive linemen were 250 lbs. Manziel is ~6 foot/207 going against Dlinemen who are 300-350. Teams/players didn’t prepare in the same way, and most guys had offseason jobs. Comparing Namath to Manziel and trying to draw glean something accurate from it is about as dumb as it gets.

In the NFL, the guy who works harder, gets the starting nod. Hoyer, not to mention the rest of the NFL defenses are preparing, while Manziel is partying, and only a moron like Manziel would expect to win the starting spot, while giving the incumbent such a huge advantage.

Manziel is living in la la land. Oh yeah Johnny, it’s looking bright for you to win the job, that’s why the owner is pissed off at you after you pissed on his advice and the GM is negotiating an extension with your competition, who DOES take the NFL seriously.

Have we degraded as a country so far that all the above is no longer common sense? Because that’s what it is.

118. jimmysee says: Jul 1, 2014 11:59 AM

Who does he think he is?

Broadway Joe?!

He better put up on the field or he’ll be washed out of the league in three years.

119. jmc8888 says: Jul 1, 2014 12:03 PM

Oh and remember folks, it isn’t the offseason for players. Once the camps start, and for ROOKIES, once they get handed the playbook, it’s JOB TIME. Not FUN TIME.

The season for fans doesn’t start until September. In the NFL, the season starts in April/May.

Why can’t people realize in the NFL, right now IS NOT the offseason.

120. antalicus says: Jul 1, 2014 12:07 PM

Bieber, really Johnny? You are on your own. I can no longer defend you.

121. jgedgar70 says: Jul 1, 2014 12:10 PM

Why would anyone want to hang out with that no-talent little twerp anyway?????????

122. ragnarthemagnificent says: Jul 1, 2014 12:12 PM

I’m glad my squad opted for the more mature and NFL ready QB. I actually feel bad for the Browns because here comes another 6-10.

On a side note, Manziel looks like he has 10 years on Bieber. Must be all that clean living : 0

123. angrydave38 says: Jul 1, 2014 12:15 PM

You know, Johnny, just when I think you couldn’t possibly be any dumber, you go and do something like this… and totally redeem yourself!

124. olcap says: Jul 1, 2014 12:16 PM

I haven’t heard of any “hard work”, but plenty of “playing harder”.

125. bassplucker says: Jul 1, 2014 12:17 PM

I’m sorry but the creepy factor of that picture is just off the charts.

126. iman62 says: Jul 1, 2014 12:20 PM

Wow, so many people get rubbed the wrong way with Johnny. I hope he succeeds, at least his post game press conferences won’t be boring.

127. dontasemebro says: Jul 1, 2014 12:21 PM

Tonight…Selfies with Charlie Manson. What an IDIOT!

128. notthetroll says: Jul 1, 2014 12:24 PM

A person is judged by the company they keep.

Tasty.

129. mrfrostyj says: Jul 1, 2014 12:26 PM

jmc8888 says: Jul 1, 2014 12:03 PM

Why can’t people realize in the NFL, right now IS NOT the offseason.

—————————————————

Probably because it IS the off season. Training camp doesn’t start in Cleveland until July 25th. It is July 1st which means all the Browns players can hang out with Justin Bieber, Justin Timberlake, Justine Bateman or whomever they want. People are treating this like he’s Dennis Rodman missing Chicago Bulls NBA finals practice to hang out with Hulk Hogan (or am I the only one old enough to remember that one) and even then the Bulls still won the NBA title.

Do you really think Payton Manning has a playbook in his hand while shooting all those Papa Johns, Oreo Cookie and RCA adds they bug us with during the season???

130. bhinrichs9 says: Jul 1, 2014 12:27 PM

As a Vikings fan I wanted Manziel in the draft, but everyday I feel more and more comfortable on our pick as ours is resting up, going to all the workouts, and kickin’ it on some Madden.

131. clickablecontent says: Jul 1, 2014 12:35 PM

“flying fairly close to the sun on wings of pastrami”

Bravo, Mike. Bravo.

132. intelligent cement says: Jul 1, 2014 12:35 PM

Nobody wishes injury on players, despite all the smack talking between rivaled teams fans.

…and yet, I look forward to this fool getting destroyed on the field.

133. Phil says: Jul 1, 2014 12:36 PM

BREAKING NEWS!!!!

FAMOUS PEOPLE HANGOUT WITH OTHER FAMOUS PEOPLE!!!!

At this point people are just posting whatever they can about Manziel because they know it generates clicks. If you really want to stop hearing about Manziel stop clicking on the articles. Then the media will stop covering his every move.

We’re all part of the problem

134. dumbpollack says: Jul 1, 2014 12:39 PM

Is it me or are Johnny and Barney Rubble separated at birth? As a life long Browns fan I could care less about this. He’ll learn soon enough what it takes to be a pro. If he doesn’t adjust, he’ll be a bust like every other QB we’ve had. Spend sme coin and get the “honk” fixed, Johnny.

135. greenwave81 says: Jul 1, 2014 12:42 PM

Who cares. He’s just having a good time. As long as he is classy about it and doesn’t do the money phone thing again, or drop F bombs on video. Leave the kid alone. He is just having a good time. Now would I have hung out with a little bee bop like Bieber? Hell no, he’s a twit. But so what? Who cares what JFF does in his spare time as long as he is not abusing his body or doing something illegal or comes across as a bad role model.

136. doctormantistoboggan says: Jul 1, 2014 12:44 PM

Beebs > Manziel > Brady. #truthbomb

137. no1billsfan says: Jul 1, 2014 12:47 PM

For the first time (in quite some time) Jerry Jones looks like a genius… the pressure ans spotlight were on him to draft Manziel, and he did not.

138. footballchic777 says: Jul 1, 2014 12:47 PM

If I’m Cleveland, I am trying to future out a way out of this contract and picking up the best veteran available!!!!!! This kid has had loser written all over him for years! and they were stupid to draft him!

139. pridewatcher says: Jul 1, 2014 12:47 PM

You people don´t really get it. Do you really think that he would hang out with Bieberlady just for fun? Manziel takes only care of Hoyers extension.

140. getyourownname says: Jul 1, 2014 12:53 PM

But Browns fans now can look forward to the Biebs performing the National Anthem at home games. That’s a good look, right?

141. crise40g says: Jul 1, 2014 12:55 PM

The US needs to blackball Bieber. That’s the more pressing issue at hand.

142. jayblack073 says: Jul 1, 2014 12:55 PM

So is Johnny Manziel the most hated player in the league or is that still Richard Sherman?

143. teal379 says: Jul 1, 2014 12:58 PM

If Joe Thomas has a smidgen of guts – he does an ole and lets JM get creamed out and then tells him – “If I’m working – you’re working, you didn’t want to work in July/August, I won’t work in October – get it?”

144. greenwave81 says: Jul 1, 2014 1:00 PM

You have to respect Manziel. Top player in college football. Add to that this very unique quality. He does not care what others think. Much like the old Sinatra sound, he is going to do it his way. Not Haslam’s way, or any poster’s way. His way. Hey, as long as he gets results on the field, does not harm his body or do something illegal or comes across like a jerk, who cares? Good for him that he lives his life on his terms.

145. theravenmaniac says: Jul 1, 2014 1:02 PM

Now the Ravens have had quite a few d-bags thru the years but this guy takes the cake.

146. axespray says: Jul 1, 2014 1:02 PM

All that picture needs is Joffrey from Game of Thrones and a viking fan… and Osama Bin Laden.

147. khmer379 says: Jul 1, 2014 1:05 PM

In other news! Bridgewater is playing madden with Cam Newton!

148. macneil4025 says: Jul 1, 2014 1:06 PM

Johnny Football=Ryan Leaf, actually I’m not sure Ryan Leaf would have ever gotten a photo with Justin Bieber, what a tool!

149. Matt dog from C-town says: Jul 1, 2014 1:12 PM

more Manziel jealousy in these comments
    ….The guy is living the life everybody would love too at that age.

150. pantherfan40 says: Jul 1, 2014 1:12 PM

Watch hoyer start when week 1 comes

151. quiktek says: Jul 1, 2014 1:15 PM

It’s like Tebow Mania all over again.

Man I miss the days where we just got to watch football.

152. rickrjordan says: Jul 1, 2014 1:24 PM

Ok, I am a Vikings fan and very happy they drafted Teddy but this kid is over 21 and now rich. Heck, 1/2 of us on this board are going to get drunk this weekend and party. I say go for it and live it up! And time will tell if the kid is a bust or not.

153. bullpuppy552 says: Jul 1, 2014 1:24 PM

It’s pretty sickening with all the talk about this prima donna Manziel who has yet to take an NFL snap. I hope he gets completely pulverized by passrushers over and over and has a real short NFL career.

154. officialgame says: Jul 1, 2014 1:25 PM

He seems to like to be around guys all the time, guys seem to like him, just saying.

155. trollaikman8 says: Jul 1, 2014 1:26 PM

I’m grateful that Manziel is in the headlines and not Tim Tebow, as far as circus QB’s go.

Manziel is a bit more entertaining.

156. bullpuppy552 says: Jul 1, 2014 1:26 PM

Maybe Bieber will be on the sidelines wearing a skirt and shaking pom poms when his little Johnny is on the field.

157. melikefootball says: Jul 1, 2014 1:26 PM

Manziel has not played one down in the NFL and already he turns me off. Another Tebow on the rise . Hang around with a punk and throw the money symbol , hard to pull for this guy.

158. luccabrazzi says: Jul 1, 2014 1:27 PM

I don’t really see anything wrong with what this “kid” is doing. Everybody needs to relax. He’s a 21 yr old fresh outta college with a little disposable income. He hasn’t proven to be much of a trouble maker OR a trouble finder. He hasn’t even played a single game in the league yet. Before we judge we need to see something on which to judge and “partying” isn’t that. Thus far there is no indication that this had affected his ability to produce, until then what’s the “real” story here?

159. icup89 says: Jul 1, 2014 1:33 PM

OH NO HE IS OUT PARTYING LIKE 95% OF THE OTHER NFL PLAYERS…OH NO ..NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

160. ragnarthemagnificent says: Jul 1, 2014 1:34 PM

“Boy Johnny, you can really sling those eggs!” – Love Biebs

161. kosarkid says: Jul 1, 2014 1:38 PM

It’s getting harder and harder to root for this kid.

162. bassplucker says: Jul 1, 2014 1:38 PM

He already looks about 40 in that picture. If he keeps up this pace he’ll be an old man by the time he’s 25.

163. kingpel says: Jul 1, 2014 1:42 PM

I am starting to think that even Manziel doesn’t believe he can excel in the NFL.

164. bobsnygiants says: Jul 1, 2014 1:48 PM

he won’t last

165. quickdraw85 says: Jul 1, 2014 1:50 PM

Punk

166. micknangold says: Jul 1, 2014 1:56 PM

Disclaimer: I’m about to throw some all-time heavyweight sports names out there. I’m not comparing Manziel to any of them, or any of them to one another. Just providing examples of guys who were notorious partiers and still had success in their pro careers.

Babe Ruth, Mickey Mantle, Whitey Ford, Joe Namath, Ken Stabler (and for that matter pretty much every member of the Golden-Era Raiders teams), the Cowboys 90s dynasty, and the list goes on and on and on.

If you’re good enough, it doesn’t matter if you like to party. As long as you put in the required amount of work and you have the chops you can be successful.

167. bobsnygiants says: Jul 1, 2014 1:58 PM

you have a POM POM BOY, THE GAMBLER , TRYING LURE A PERSON THATS A CHILD.

168. dynaco says: Jul 1, 2014 2:09 PM

Bieber & Johnny CFL, not sure which one has a faster ticket back to Canada.

169. granadafan says: Jul 1, 2014 2:30 PM

How do you Manziel fan boys (Aggies and Browns) feel about your hero now?

170. jimmyt says: Jul 1, 2014 2:44 PM

Isn’t this Bieber kid some sort of tean idol? Why are so many men, presumably football fans so obsessed with him?

171. qdog112 says: Jul 1, 2014 2:48 PM

Look at that picture. Manziel is 40 if he’s day old. He just looks old to me.

172. wimpyburgers says: Jul 1, 2014 2:56 PM

Can’t wait to see what kind of fan proudly wears this punk’s jersey.

173. dmarado says: Jul 1, 2014 2:59 PM

I wonder if the Manziel posts garner as much attention as the Tebow posts did? Manziel can throw the ball a bit and his life seems more interesting than Tebow’s. The hate toward both is pretty extreme. And always LOL @ Raven fan saying Browns are irrelevant, so much so you seem obsessed with them. And the Bengal fan who says the Browns’ receivers don’t exist must have missed the “Ok” tight end and wide-out Cleveland has.

174. buckyhamm says: Jul 1, 2014 3:02 PM

At this point in time I don’t know if the Brown’s curse going to ruin Manziel or is the Manziel curse going to ruin the Browns ?

175. mogogo1 says: Jul 1, 2014 3:06 PM

Meanwhile, Tony Romo has had to announce he’s giving up golf because people thought that was stealing too much attention from being a QB. Because that’s how critical people are of NFL quarterbacks. But it’s all different when you’re Johnny Football and every pass is going to be a touchdown. I wonder if he even plans on running actual plays or if he’ll just tell guys to go long in the huddle?

176. drunkraider says: Jul 1, 2014 3:09 PM

“If I hadn’t lost respect for him before, I have now!”

This

177. upperdecker19 says: Jul 1, 2014 3:11 PM

Jeez, they couldn’t even find a random Kardashian to hang out with these yoyos long enough for a photo…..

178. tennesseeoilers says: Jul 1, 2014 3:17 PM

It’s funny how having your photo with a celebrity artist can slightly influence our view of an athlete, depending on who that artist is. For instance, if Bruce Springsteen or Bono took a selfie with Johnny Manziel, many of his critics (like me) would be going: “Really? Wow … Maybe Manziel’s not a total dork after all.”

179. bucsorbust says: Jul 1, 2014 3:27 PM

Who is corrupting who here?

180. mgm54 says: Jul 1, 2014 3:29 PM

Giants or Vikings…..hmmmmmm which go the best out of Tark????? Manzel will not be a Brown year 5… Rest my case, your Honor can we recess on this?

181. jjackwagon says: Jul 1, 2014 3:55 PM

Looks like he is hangin with Bieber and Tyrone Biggums.

182. devildog911 says: Jul 1, 2014 3:55 PM

Johnny and Beiber are long lost brothers. They recently found their dad, Floyd.

183. camdenyard says: Jul 1, 2014 4:02 PM

This dude is a moron. Both of them, actually.

184. seahawksbmx says: Jul 1, 2014 4:23 PM

Can’t believe he’s hanging with this entitled little punk. Really expected more from you, Biebsy.

185. davisacross says: Jul 1, 2014 4:29 PM

The only thing missing from that picture is a water gun that squirts jelly.

186. jvw1982 says: Jul 1, 2014 4:30 PM

How do you draft a guy and not address his off field behavior….if they had a problem with Johnny off the field parting they should have drafted someone else….as long as he is not behind during the OTA I would leave him alone….something tells me this kid is going tear it up and then flip everyone off……Just like he did in college….lets see what happens Cleveland

187. mackcarrington says: Jul 1, 2014 4:37 PM

All of this high-holy sanctimony his making it a little stifling in here. What did he do that was wrong? And isn’t this what Cleveland wants? to be talked about every day?

188. bullethead527 says: Jul 1, 2014 4:47 PM

I remember when Cam Newton, said he was going on vacation with his mom and dad after he was drafted. The media blasted him for saying that, while the whole Tim he was at IMG before the draft training , then after a week of so on vacation, Cam was back to work preparing to play on the NFL, So far Johnny is Turing out to be what the media said Cam was going to be!

189. FinFan68 says: Jul 1, 2014 4:56 PM

Manziel is partying…Bridgewater is honing his skills on Madden…what’s Bortles doing?

190. crush22 says: Jul 1, 2014 4:56 PM

Johnny Suckball looks like he has the Greg Oden gene.

191. uglydingo says: Jul 1, 2014 4:59 PM

Johnny has big feet and big hands but the Beebs makes him look much taller.
    Paparazzi will appreciate Floyd, Johnny Football and the Beebs becoming buddies – opportunity for many times the exposure. JFF knows exactly what he is doing by toning it down like this. He is sending everyone a message that he will not be controlled. He doesn’t give a damn what people think.

192. iamdinguskhan says: Jul 1, 2014 5:04 PM

The most annoying people in the world hanging out together….

193. mailcall2 says: Jul 1, 2014 5:06 PM

Is that Miley Cyrus or Justin Bieber??..can’t tell them apart without my glasses on…not sure but they may be one-in-the-same. So I just refer to her/him as Miley Beiber…

194. annes22 says: Jul 1, 2014 5:08 PM

Well he’s hanging out with a real loser in Beiber. I think he may need to hang with someone in less trouble. He obviously doesn’t give a damn, but he might think about it when the season starts, and he sucks.

195. iamdinguskhan says: Jul 1, 2014 5:26 PM

To all defending Manziel…he’s hanging with BIEBER!!..
    Commence hating…..

196. 2difshoe says: Jul 1, 2014 5:43 PM

Manziel will be on a milk carton is 3 years!

197. ugadogs21 says: Jul 1, 2014 5:47 PM

Manziel should meet Dwayne Goodrich.

198. packersarethebest says: Jul 1, 2014 5:58 PM

Johnny BUST-ziel. What a loser. This kid is cut from the same STUPID cloth as Aaron Hernandez: someone who doesn’t know how good he has it, how lucky he is, with poor judgement, and who cannot control himself.

199. sladewillson says: Jul 1, 2014 5:58 PM

I’m down for the work hard party harder as long as you can produce on the field but off all of the people he could hang out with, Bieber is the worst person ever that guy is the personification of the word trouble.

200. hrmlss says: Jul 1, 2014 6:07 PM

Is this Bizzaro world? Are we ALL being Punk’d?

201. realdealsteel says: Jul 1, 2014 6:31 PM

As a Steelers fan,

I’m enjoying this. Just loving how this guy is a one man wrecking crew to the Browns franchise. I just wish every other team in the league had a guy like Johnny as their QB.

At this rate, Johnny football will be in jail by week# 3 of the season. LOL! Love it!

202. anothervoiceofreason says: Jul 1, 2014 6:32 PM

Party all you want Johnny, but hanging out with one of the most RIDICULED “celebrities” in the general public today, not to mention among real NFL players and fans, definitely does equate to giving the big middle finger to EVERYONE – owner, coaches, teammates, fans, endorsement contracts, etc. About the only people who really still actually *like* Bieber are teenage (and pre-teen) girls, and the lawyers/agents on his payroll, these days.

Someone earlier in this thread mentioned that Johnny could at least be seen hanging out with some cool celebrities in order to boost his street cred. I think it’s finally becoming clear to even his most die-hard fans that being a celebrity is what he’s primarily about.

Do you HONESTLY think he’s going to be capable of commanding leadership and earning the respect of 52 GROWN MEN in the locker room? Football is a TEAM game, and his personal athletic skills are only going to take him so far if his teammates are laughing at his antics as much as the rest of us armchair judges are. If they don’t buy in and shrug all of this off while being able to look up to him, then how is the team going to win on the field?

There are also roughly 800 opposing defensive players around the league, many of which are probably wishing they were on the Brown’s schedule this year so they could have a chance to flatten this guy for making a mockery of the league that most have worked their butts off to have the opportunity to play for!

203. winninaintsinnin says: Jul 1, 2014 6:44 PM

You still want to defend his judgement?

Bieber?

What are you 13?

Wow.

204. lemmetalkwouldya says: Jul 1, 2014 6:55 PM

And I find myself STILL wondering, has this dude even cracked open a playbook, let alone started studying it?????

Bust waiting to happen.

205. revelation123 says: Jul 1, 2014 6:57 PM

I’m enjoying this too, but don’t see the problem here.

A guy hangs out with people he wants to hang out with and takes a pic. The problem is where again?

206. linemanguy74 says: Jul 1, 2014 7:00 PM

HOW TO YOU THINK LOMBARDI.GRANT, DITKA, BUDDY RYAN WOULD HANDLE THIS GUY ???

207. kayakattack says: Jul 1, 2014 7:05 PM

These are the type of articles that throw out all ANY “he puts people in seats” argument.. these guys come and go and some people still don;t get it.

208. steelerberd says: Jul 1, 2014 7:20 PM

209. wahoo21 says: Jul 1, 2014 7:45 PM

manziel is a joke and the sooner he gets crushed the better the nfl and the browns will be

210. micknangold says: Jul 1, 2014 8:12 PM

“I snuck into the HOF this past weekend during the syposium and Manziel could of cared less about it. He kept checking his watch so he could get back on the bus to get to his partying. You had Shazier and Roby taking pictures and shaking hands, genuinely interested and then there was this turd. He is a joke. And for all you Cleveland fans that think he is going to be here after 4 maybe 5 years when Romos Contract is up is fooling themselves. He don’t want to be in Cleveland no more than Lebron did.”

…that sounds made up.

211. holdsteady76 says: Jul 1, 2014 8:27 PM

So the Browns drafted Manziel hoping he had the character of Manziel. This organization always makes me feel better when I am down on my favorite team.

212. mogogo1 says: Jul 1, 2014 8:29 PM

Only fair to throw out there the fact that Kyle Shanahan got along with zero of his QBs in Washington. Does Manziel sound like the easy-to-coach kid that is going to break that streak? What a match: The bratty punk QB and the OC who made coordinator in record time based entirely on the fact his dad won two Super Bowls.

213. smitty113 says: Jul 1, 2014 8:42 PM

Meanwhile back in Gotham ….Manning, Brady, Wilson, Brees, and possibly Bridgewater and Bortles are busy studying film and eating lean chicken, Swiss chard and rice.

214. dallascowboysdishingthereal says: Jul 1, 2014 8:45 PM

Looks more like a photo bomb to me. Just sayin’

215. campcouch says: Jul 1, 2014 8:50 PM

Hey,the bosses stood there on national TV and told him to act like a backup because he’s the backup,so be it. The NFL’s new goldmine. Most hated player without taking a snap. Thanks to him I bought an inflatable swan to drink on and pull out my stack-phone whenever chicks are around. Keep getting those hits Johnny Boy,marketing loves ya!

216. anothervoiceofreason says: Jul 1, 2014 9:07 PM

For all you NFL old-timers and other HOF’ers:

How would Ted Hendricks, a notorious and legendary hard-hitting party guy in his own right, have reacted to an opposing (or especially his own) QB hanging out with, say, Boy George back in the early ’80′s?

This reference is entirely relevant. Would Hendricks have cared about any of his teammates or opponents hitting the bars and clubs constantly? Not a chance! But doing so with the pop singer of the day who was the brunt of constant public ridicule and innuendo? Absolutely!!!

Hendricks and other defensive ends back then would have been licking their chops to level little Johnny for bringing such embarrassing headlines to their league. That is one thing that has not changed over time.

I welcome a thumbs-down on this comment from anyone who’s ever played, or known, a professional football player, at any level!

217. channer81 says: Jul 1, 2014 9:09 PM

I did forget that the Biebs and Manziel are almost the same age but yea, its getting tougher defending him. Of course all will be forgiven if he produces in the preseason and earns his way to being the starter down the road.

218. politicallyincorrect says: Jul 1, 2014 9:52 PM

is johnny an alt lifestyler…. thought Bieber only hangs with he/shes and such

why would anyone be seen with a punk like Bieber unless they were being paid?

come on Johnny, wake up

219. vikingspride says: Jul 1, 2014 10:22 PM

Not much to say here……. Bieber WTF?

220. dominus247 says: Jul 2, 2014 12:22 AM

So in 4 year or so we will be reading articles on how Johnny Manziel is broke and can’t hang out with his rich “friends”.

221. Ed Bandell says: Jul 2, 2014 2:44 AM

“Per TMZ, police were twice called to Bieber’s house due to noise (possibly by Keyshawn).”

Yeap, Keyshawn was running all over Bieber’s lawn and waving his hand in the air and screaming to the top of his lungs, “Just Give me the Damn Ball!”

222. oldcracker says: Jul 2, 2014 5:18 AM

I have to wonder how old Paul Brown would’ve handled this guy. I’ll reserve my judgement until I see him on the field, week after week.

223. dmarado says: Jul 2, 2014 9:39 AM

Lol @ steeler fan claiming a qb should be in jail.

224. nflgiant says: Jul 2, 2014 10:14 AM

Ted Hendricks was a linebacker not a DE……

225. gnet7 says: Jul 2, 2014 5:26 PM

I can’t think of a better way to not solidify your character with your team than by hanging out with JB

226. kevo95 says: Jul 2, 2014 7:50 PM

This dude is a joke who will be by his side when he gets punked first opener against blitzburgh and by the way u one funny looking dude😃😃😃

227. packergator says: Jul 3, 2014 10:02 AM

Johnny Football’s going to learn just how expendable he is if he doesn’t perform within the next two years. You’re not the A&M BMOC anymore, son.

228. dhardy8207 says: Jul 3, 2014 4:21 PM

Matt Leinhart 2.0……………..

Former Heisman winner, first round draft pick and absolute BUST because he was more concerned with being a celebrity than getting his arse acclimated to the NFL….

229. politicallyincorrect says: Jul 3, 2014 5:15 PM

can’t we deport this Bieber thing? come on Johnny, have some class

230. anothervoiceofreason says: Jul 3, 2014 8:18 PM

Hopefully Matt Leinert, probably Ryan Leif, worst case Todd Marinovich…sad waste of talent.

231. MichaelEdits says: Jul 4, 2014 12:44 PM

Ward? Weren’t you a little rough on the Bieber last night?

232. randyrambo says: Jul 6, 2014 3:56 PM

Matt Leinhart 2.0

233. politicallyincorrect says: Jul 6, 2014 4:31 PM

Johnny needs to use status to hang with good looking women, not Biebers… makes me wonder why I never hear of Johnny with women

234. vikinggroininjury says: Jul 6, 2014 5:21 PM

Who you kidding? Bieber IS a freaking girl. Not even a woman. I can’t believe ANY NFL player…scratch that ANY FOOTBALL player would hang with that punk.

235. politicallyincorrect says: Jul 6, 2014 6:51 PM

think Bieber may be hermaphroditic, not sure what he/she is genetically

he/she is canadian though