Jermichael Finley: I’m working as hard as I can to get back to Packer Nation

Cleveland Browns v Green Bay Packers Getty Images

The wait for tight end Jermichael Finley’s return to football after last year’s neck injury and surgery has lasted throughout the offseason and there haven’t been many signs that the end is in sight.

When it does end, though, Finley hopes that there’s a Packers uniform waiting for him. Finley told Jason Wilde of ESPN Wisconsin that he’s feeling as good as he’s felt since getting hurt and that he remains hopeful that he’ll be back in familiar surroundings soon.

“This is the best I’ve felt in this entire crazy process,” Finley said. “Tell everybody I’m working as hard as I can to get back to Packer Nation.”

Finley was cleared by his doctor several weeks ago, but that hasn’t done much to heat up his market outside of a visit with the Patriots that ended without a contract. The Packers have maintained an open door to a Finley return, but it would take their own medical clearance and it doesn’t appear that they or anyone else is satisfied Finley can make a return in 2014.

Permalink 36 Comments Feed for comments Latest Stories in: Green Bay Packers, Home, Rumor Mill
36 Responses to “Jermichael Finley: I’m working as hard as I can to get back to Packer Nation”
  1. thepftpoet says: Jul 9, 2014 3:39 PM

Translation: I want out of this pathetic franchise as fast as possible.

The Minnesota Vikings are 100x the franchise the Packers are.

2. stellarperformance says: Jul 9, 2014 3:43 PM

Are the Packer doctors even interested in giving him a physical? What is the process (holdup?)

3. sgunderson17 says: Jul 9, 2014 3:45 PM

thepftpoet says:
    Jul 9, 2014 3:39 PM
    Translation: I want out of this pathetic franchise as fast as possible.

The Minnesota Vikings are 100x the franchise the Packers are.
    ___________
    worst. troll. ever.
    It’s like you’re not even trying.

4. GenXJay says: Jul 9, 2014 3:51 PM

He must be doing yoga.

5. cadillacjosh says: Jul 9, 2014 3:55 PM

He really seemed like he had finally put it all together right before his injury, the drops were being cut out. Seemed like he was finally putting the work in and making good on all that natural skill and athleticism.

Personally, I hope he doesn’t come back to Green Bay if he’s back to 100%. That’s just because I’m a Bears fan and GB doesn’t need too much help, haha.

6. themeccalambeaufield says: Jul 9, 2014 4:04 PM

Hate to see someone go out that way but if he does I hope he has a prosperous life. If he ends up back on the field he wants Green Bay because he obviously values the greatness of the franchise and Aaron Rodgers.

7. ariani1985 says: Jul 9, 2014 4:06 PM

AND NOTHING OF VALUE WOULD BE GAINED!!!! Come to Minnesota, we would let you play on the practice squad and maybe even let you dress a time or two on Sundays!!!!

8. numba1wiscosportsfan says: Jul 9, 2014 4:08 PM

pftpoet is a good laugh. Not to be taken seriously, that’s how you get trolled friends.

9. theawkwardyears says: Jul 9, 2014 4:11 PM

The Packers philosophy is to put the players health needs above the teams need.

10. aa1829 says: Jul 9, 2014 4:15 PM

Do the right thing Jermichael, whatever that might be. No one wants to see you laying motionless on the turf again, especially your wife and kids. From the Packers perspective, we seem to be in good shape at TE. Even without JF, it appears we will have the strongest TE position we have had in quite a few years. Note to Packers fans, in my opinion we should ignore the queen trolls from now on. Like the bully in grade school, ignoring them is the one thing they can’t stand, since they get no recognition during the season. As was said by another poster, the Bears are our real rival, and this year the Lions may be our best competition. Let the games begin! Go Packers!!!!!!!

11. lbpackfan says: Jul 9, 2014 4:18 PM

thepftpoet says:
    Jul 9, 2014 3:39 PM
    Translation: I want out of this pathetic franchise as fast as possible.

The Minnesota Vikings are 100x the franchise the Packers are.

————————————————–

Some would say the Packers are 13x the franchise the Vikings are.

12. deltaoracle says: Jul 9, 2014 4:18 PM

Really don’t know why this dude wants to try to play again. Very few people get a message written ten feet tall saying “If you keep going, you’re going to be a cripple.” Just walk away happy and enjoy your health.

13. packfntk says: Jul 9, 2014 4:27 PM

If I was a Viking fan, and I know some normal ones, I would be ashamed of the trash ones on here.

JMike- If the Packers doctors clear you, which they are always cautious, I would welcome you back with open arms.

14. doctorrustbelt says: Jul 9, 2014 4:27 PM

What is your net worth?!?

Retire, fool.

Think about your family.

15. electricboogalo says: Jul 9, 2014 4:31 PM

Did the doc fix the drops in his hands too?

16. tokyosandblaster says: Jul 9, 2014 4:36 PM

People are willing to end their lives to play for the Packers.

People are willing to take less money to leave the Vikings.

Simple math.

17. whatthehellisgoingonoutthere says: Jul 9, 2014 4:51 PM

Translation: This time I want to be able to earn my Super Bowl ring by playing in it. And I want to stay in the division so I can keep destroying the Vikings and Bears horrible defenses like I’ve done my entire career.

18. surfinbird1 says: Jul 9, 2014 5:54 PM

The Pats really need another tight end. Wonder what they saw on his doctor visit with them.

19. nickynick04 says: Jul 9, 2014 5:58 PM

I dont know….there is a reason he has not been signed by the Pack.
    But looking at the roster I dont know if there is a spot for him

20. lionsandvikingsandbearsohmy says: Jul 9, 2014 6:09 PM

there’s probably as good a chance of him returning to the packers as the vikings’ chances of winning the superbowl anytime soon: ZERO.

21. fordmandalay says: Jul 9, 2014 6:57 PM

I wish he’d retire. I don’t want to see him paralyzed or dead, it’s just not worth it.

22. gbp4ever says: Jul 9, 2014 7:14 PM

Finley just needs to accept he’s done. No one is going to take the risk. Cash in the 10 million tax free insurance policy he has and enjoy life retired at 27 and rich and spend it having fun with the family.

23. filthymcfunny1 says: Jul 9, 2014 8:44 PM

Well when he played he sucked so what’s hubbub bud!

24. tomh51260 says: Jul 9, 2014 8:57 PM

Is it just me or do the Viking fans found an enormous amount of time Worrying about the Packers here? Why don’t they concentrate on their own franchise and they may not be 27th in the power rankings! They might even sniff the championship someday???

25. 9erandraiderfan says: Jul 9, 2014 9:04 PM

There is no such thing as Packer Nation, only Raider Nation… Quit biting.

26. alshonbrandontandem says: Jul 9, 2014 9:07 PM

If you need a TE, give Mark Chmura a call. Shouldn’t be hard to find him, should be hanging around a playground somewhere.

27. holdsteady76 says: Jul 9, 2014 9:54 PM

Finley was a heck of a football player. It must be hard for him to walk away, or to be forced away from something he was so good at and that netted him such riches.

Vertebrae fusions are no joke. I hope they are very careful about clearing him. I can’t imagine anyone playing in the NFL having had the procedure done. One wrong hit and his neck will hurt everyday for the rest of his life, or worse.

I hate the Packers. Seriously, I look forward to the day when they don’t have a HOF passer. Rodgers days are limited, and the Don Majkowski days are coming again. Meanwhile Teddy Bridgewater’s era is just beginning. Muwhaha!

Best of luck to Finley though. For his own sake I wish he would retire. Dude could seriously be in pain for the rest of his life. It’s not worth it man.

28. ariani1985 says: Jul 9, 2014 10:03 PM

Translation- like a a typical packer fan he blew his wad and needs a job.

29. filthymcfunny1 says: Jul 9, 2014 10:13 PM

Who’s a Vikings fan? Niners fan here we own the packers so we patrol their threads!

30. gbpakrfan says: Jul 9, 2014 10:29 PM

Oh retire already Finley!! Take your $10 million insurance policy and invest it wisely….

31. crownofthehelmet says: Jul 10, 2014 12:32 AM

If he’s gonna risk it and play, the Pack is the best situation, the less he’s on the field the better. He’ll be guaranteed to play no more than 17 games, and the defense is on the field most of the time anyway.

32. bsubeavers says: Jul 10, 2014 10:04 AM

If he is ready to play, Green Bay has said they will bring him back. There are a lot of TE’s on the roster but most of them are untried or subpar. I am thinking that if things are looking bad at the start of training camp with the TE’s you will see Green Bay bring him in for his physical and see where it goes from there.

But, I do hope he just retires like Nick Collins did with a similar injury.

33. frellmedead7 says: Jul 10, 2014 11:21 AM

Hang it up, Finley. You have a $10M insurance payout waiting for you to accept reality, and the Packers have moved on.

34. rho1953 says: Jul 10, 2014 11:53 AM

Actually, using the 13 championships of the Packers vs the O championships of the Vikings to say the Packers are 13 times better than the Vikings is flawed. Try dividing 0 into 13, the answer is infinite. The Packers are infinitely better than the Vikings, and that is a mathematical fact.

35. deephere54 says: Jul 10, 2014 4:42 PM

thepftpoet
    The Minnesota Vikings are 100x the franchise the Packers are?

Super Bowl records

Packers 4-1
    Vikings 0-4

By what terms are you assessing the teams? I’d be interested to know your though process.

36. simonator917 says: Jul 10, 2014 4:53 PM

I am frankly terrified that the next time we hear about him will be an announcement that he’s been paralyzed. I just wish he’d listen to his son and hang ‘em before it’s too late.