Richard Sherman still hates Michael Crabtree

NFC Championship - San Francisco 49ers v Seattle Seahawks Getty Images

Perhaps when Richard Sherman’s finished playing football, he can transition into pro wrestling.

Because the Seahawks cornerback has a knack for keeping a feud alive by making inflammatory remarks into a microphone.

It’s much more of just I don’t like the dude,” Sherman says in tonight’s Discovery Channel debut of “American Muscle” (via USA Today). “You know what I’m saying. And I think he’s sorry. So it’s really what it comes down to.”

Crabtree has been Sherman’s foil for some time, including the pass he broke up at the end of the NFC Championship which led to his rant to Erin Andrews which helped make him (more) famous outside football circles.

“It’s just about him, it’s just about Crabtree,” Sherman said. “It’s not going to be something that goes away. I hope to play him every year for the rest of my career and choke him out. There’s not much else I can say about the subject. Nobody will understand it but him and me. That’s all that needs to understand.”

The one-on-one matchup on the field is interesting enough on its own merits. But Sherman has made sure everyone will be watching through his own gift for gab, as well.

Permalink 110 Comments Feed for comments Latest Stories in: Home, Rumor Mill, San Francisco 49ers, Seattle Seahawks
110 Responses to “Richard Sherman still hates Michael Crabtree”
  1. joetoronto says: Jul 9, 2014 1:56 PM

They’re both turds.

2. doctorrustbelt says: Jul 9, 2014 1:58 PM

“I don’t want people to know where I live or bother me in public… but… I am so insecure and needy that I can’t stop talking to the press and drawing attention to myself”

– lil’ richie sherman

3. vikesr4reel says: Jul 9, 2014 1:58 PM

is this the WWF?
    sure sounds like it.
    just play the game!!

4. steelerben says: Jul 9, 2014 1:58 PM

You know, it is sad to see a break up lead to such work place friction.

5. nwfisch says: Jul 9, 2014 1:58 PM

Roid rage.

6. joshm5683 says: Jul 9, 2014 1:59 PM

I know all the greats use any slight as motivation and I’m a Sherman fan and think hes fun…….but all his chatter about Crabtree is getting to be a bit much. Its like its all he thinks about.

7. juliusanonymous says: Jul 9, 2014 1:59 PM

At least Sherman backs up his talk.

Crabtree was out there talking during the NFCCG, and we (the 12th Man) could even hear him. Out there flapping his gums at the Legion of Boom. When the Whiners had a lead, after halftime, he was out there laughing at Earl Thomas and getting in Sherman’s face. Of course, you don’t see that on TV, so nobody knew what was happening.

But the entire world DID see Sherman go up and bat the ball out of his hands, even though Crabtree committed pass interference on the play by pushing off. Didn’t matter. Because he’s mediocre. And the Legion of Boom had no problem shutting him down and shutting him up in that game. As usual.

Whiners = all talk, no walk.
    Seahawks = 2014 World Champions.

#KissTheRing
    #WhinersAreMEDIOCRE
    #SeahawksAreWorldChampions

8. todaysfishandchips says: Jul 9, 2014 2:00 PM

“It’s just about him, it’s just about Crabtree,” Sherman said.

Our new favorite for the pot-kettle awards for 2014

9. surfinbird1 says: Jul 9, 2014 2:00 PM

Not as much as everybody that hates you Richard.

10. elliottcovert says: Jul 9, 2014 2:00 PM

All I’m going to say is that Richard Charmin is lucky that Kaepernick underthrew the ball. Alex Smith would have hit Crab perfectly.

11. mikeinsanfran says: Jul 9, 2014 2:01 PM

I thought Sherman was a “team” guy now…. back to his normal self promotion.

12. percyscoredasmuchasdenver says: Jul 9, 2014 2:01 PM

Richard Sherman, unquestionably, is the best to ever play his position. Michael Crabtree will never be remembered for anything besides “the immaculate interception.”

#DYNASTYBEFOREYOUREYES
    #ABOVEREPROACHUNLIKETHOSEWHINERSCUMBAGS
    #REPETETHREEMORETIMES

13. kd75 says: Jul 9, 2014 2:02 PM

In 5 years, when they are both on the Browns, they will both say they always loved and respected each other.

14. niners816 says: Jul 9, 2014 2:04 PM

15. seahawksteven777 says: Jul 9, 2014 2:04 PM

This feud between them goes back to when both of them were at Larry Fitzgeralds charity softball game.

Sherman approached Crabtree back then to shake his hand and Crabtree tried to fight him.

Why would ANYONE like a guy that’s disrespectful like what Crabtree did at the softball game?

16. thestrategyexpert says: Jul 9, 2014 2:04 PM

With all that money it’d be easier to just hire a marketing firm to distribute the trash talk for him. They could even get Mr. T to do voice-over work…”I pity the Crabtree!”

17. sdo4540 says: Jul 9, 2014 2:04 PM

News flash Rich:Outside of the Seattle fans,just about everyone hates you too.

18. dstep24 says: Jul 9, 2014 2:05 PM

People don’t get “trajectory”.

If that ball is thrown any higher, it goes over Crabtree’s head too.

That was all Sherman. As much as nobody wants to admit it.

19. thejuddstir says: Jul 9, 2014 2:07 PM

All I will say is that the truly great shutdown corners, do it “mano mano” without help over the top or underneath. Sherman has seahawk fans believing he is really great……but no one else, not even NFL players rank him as an elite one on one shutdown corner. Watch the game and in particular Sherman, it is rare that he doesn’t have help from a safety or nickel back.

20. crewchief15 says: Jul 9, 2014 2:11 PM

Man, I use to hate the Niner fans, but I have a new fan base to dislike. Only Sherman could make Crabtree likeable…

21. kylexitron says: Jul 9, 2014 2:15 PM

“See, it’s not the fact that I hate the Seahawks, I just can’t stand their fanbase. Absolutely clueless, annoying fans who have been loyal fans since 2011. Stay classy, Seattle, and enjoy your 1 championship. You won’t win another one.”

That’s quite a generalization I’ll keep in mind the next time I’m at Centurylink watching the Seahawks beat the 49ers while the few intrepid 49ers fans in the stands turn on their own team and throw their players under the bus.

It’s funny that you mention staying ‘classy’ while damning an entire fan base over your butthurt, many of which have been loyal fans through tough years of poor ownership.

I think your post says a lot more about you than it does Seahawk’s fans.

22. johnelwayishorsefaced says: Jul 9, 2014 2:15 PM

In other news Richard Sherman is still an idiot

23. seahawksteven777 says: Jul 9, 2014 2:16 PM

To those saying Sherman is only good because of the safeties, do you even watch football?

Do you not know the amount of preparation Sherman puts in to film study? Or see his technique off the snap of the ball? Or see him INDIVIDUALLY make plays like he did against Crabtree in the NFC title game? There wasn’t any safety help there. Hmm…

I just think that since people can’t say he sucks, they use the players around him argument as a jab because they hate him.

24. flik44 says: Jul 9, 2014 2:20 PM

Get your facts straight… very simple Google search would do it…

“The handshake part is legit,” the source said, “but it was Sherman who tried to start the fight with Crabtree. I remember ’cause Sherman kept getting in his face and Crabtree was just laughing about it.”

25. axx1 says: Jul 9, 2014 2:20 PM

Why so you guya get mad at sherm for answering a question honostly?
    He was asked a question…..

Or do you perfer the PC answer?
    Oh you probably complain about how borring PC answers are as well huh?

26. dalcow4 says: Jul 9, 2014 2:20 PM

Crabtree is just ‘okay’ as a receiver, but he is obviously inside Sherman’s head.

27. professor177 says: Jul 9, 2014 2:22 PM

Not a niner or hawk but i respect sherman.. To me he is whats right about football.. I hate seeing them guys mingling and hanging out before the game.. Makes football look soft.. I like when they cant stand the other team and its gonna be war.. Good sportsmanship is one thing and after the game talk or whatever but before and during forget about it.. Dont be too dirty.. But be dirty.. Keep the rival going sherman and get in all your opponents heads..except when u play the RAIDERS..

28. Patskrieg dot com says: Jul 9, 2014 2:25 PM

“dalcow4 says:
    Jul 9, 2014 2:20 PM

Crabtree should absolutely pour it on at this point and watch Sherman melt down.”

Yeah Crabtree has really had the upper hand in this mental struggle. Not the guy with the Super Bowl ring.

29. reesesteel23 says: Jul 9, 2014 2:26 PM

Lol So Sherm just went up and tried to shake his hand and Crabtree automatically tried to fight him? And you believe this is exactly how it happened? Come on man!

30. tribefromcalifornia says: Jul 9, 2014 2:26 PM

I’ve been a niner fan since 2011 and Crabtree is the best 49er receiver i have ever seen. So Sherman trying to say that Crabs is mediocre isn’t true at all. #NINERGANG #QUESTTOBEATTHESEAHAWKSATTHECLINK

31. DrSteveBrule says: Jul 9, 2014 2:28 PM

Crabtree needs to spend the entire offseason working on going up and getting the ball at it’s highest point. He’s a good receiver but that would put him up into the upper echelon.

32. wimpyburgers says: Jul 9, 2014 2:32 PM

lOOk, the 49ers thought that Crabtree could sneak by Sherman at the end of the game; but they played right into his strength as a CB–he lays off the ball and can close the gap very quickly….

he’s done that his whole career…..

49ers know the tape and they were too cute by half…. Sherman earned the right to rub it into Harbaugh’s nose.

33. goldrush36 says: Jul 9, 2014 2:33 PM

Sherman had no help on that play? Hmm musta been a ghost that was right there in pursuit and nabbed the tipped ball…

34. goldrush36 says: Jul 9, 2014 2:37 PM

Funny how some hawks fans like tribe are so bored they gotta keep pretending to be niner fans….. pretty pathetic and insecure.

35. boomnutz says: Jul 9, 2014 2:37 PM

Patriots fan here…but I love Sherman. I’m honestly like Patriots fan #1, but I had to laugh when I saw the “You Mad Bro” shirts. Sherman is a great player, an intelligent guy and from what I read committed to his community. Having said all that, I applaud the bravado. The game needs guys like this (as long as they’re not total turds) but colorful guys like Ochocinco.

36. freddiec8 says: Jul 9, 2014 2:38 PM

This is all media these guys could care less and long as they get there paychecks i cant believe you guys realy think these guys care about what other says

37. nflfan22 says: Jul 9, 2014 2:41 PM

When you put a mic in front of a sorry human being like Sherman, that’s what you gone get!

38. tribefromcalifornia says: Jul 9, 2014 2:41 PM

I’m also tired of hearing my fellow ninergang members saying that the refs helped the hawks win that game! Yes I’m talking to you goldrush36!

39. kamthechancellor says: Jul 9, 2014 2:42 PM

So many punks hating on Sherman. He’s the best. Crabtree is a little girl. Most people don’t know the story of why Sherman holds a grudge, and most wouldn’t care if he had a reason or not. Just vent your stupidity and be done with it. Especially you losers in northern California…what a bunch of crying sissies.

40. boomnutz says: Jul 9, 2014 2:44 PM

Reading some of these comments just gets me going. The whole mano e mano thing… I get it a man coverage corner is the best you can have. But having said that, how many times have Patrick Peterson and Joe Haden and a bunch of others been BURNED! Peterson might be the best corner in football this season, or it could be Haden, but frankly anyone that knows anything knows that these guys are great UP AND COMING football players. As of right now Revis is still the best and probably will be for at least the next few seasons but Sherman is clearly second. Don’t fault him for how his coaches use him, it works, and he’s damn good at it.

41. lutch57 says: Jul 9, 2014 2:44 PM

I would love to see Sherman try to choke Crabtree. He’s the epitome of talk crap then get punched in the mouth and cry and go “why did you hit me?”. Oh wait he’s already done that with Trent Williams.

42. arcuesta730 says: Jul 9, 2014 2:46 PM

While it does seem Sherman keeps harping on the same theme, why are reporters ALSO asking the same question? It’s not as if Sherman reflexively volunteers this info whenever reporters and cameras gather….he’s answering some reporter’s stale/inciting question. So I blame BOTH player and media.

They don’t like each other….we get it!
    Time for both parties to move on!

43. cakesw says: Jul 9, 2014 2:49 PM

Love the “it’s All about Crabtree” line…

Hey Rich….it’s just a TAD bit about you too….hate to be the guy to break that to you.

44. jchipwood says: Jul 9, 2014 2:51 PM

They’ll be on the same team in 5 years and be best buddies.

45. tribefromcalifornia says: Jul 9, 2014 2:52 PM

Goldrush you call me a fake niner fan! You need to look at yourself I remember you from SPIKEKOOLAID.COM You are the fakest 49 fan in this place

46. copycatsarelame says: Jul 9, 2014 2:52 PM

Is it required to leave a hashtag after every asinine comment or is that just something they teach at Troll School?

47. juliusanonymous says: Jul 9, 2014 2:54 PM

Whiner fans think Seattle’s only had fans since 2011 because they haven’t watched football since 1994. If they had, they’d know that Seattle has owned the NFC West since we joined it. More division titles, more Superbowl appearances, and more Superbowl wins than any other team in the NFC West since we joined.

You can’t blame Whiner fans, though. They haven’t had anything to watch since 1994. It must suck to know that your franchise has literally only had success during one era – the Bill Walsh era. Outside of that, the Whiners have been completely irrelevant with nothing to show for their existence.

Keep hating, Whiners. I don’t blame you, since we own you so completely.

#KissTheRing
    #2014WorldChampionSeahawks

48. goldbloodedindfw says: Jul 9, 2014 2:55 PM

“Do you not know the amount of preparation Sherman puts in to film study?”

I’ve always been curious when Hawks fans brag about how all their players live in the film room. How do you know this? Does the Seahawks organization allow fans access to the film room so they can personally observe this taking place? Just wondering cause I always hear hawk fans talking about their players tireless film study and I feel like the reality is that nobody outside the organization really knows how much any player does or doesn’t study film…

49. geejon says: Jul 9, 2014 2:56 PM

Hey listen everyone’s entitled to ‘like’ or ‘dislike’ whomever they wish but this guy’s bordering on being obsessed with Crabtree. Every month there’s an article somewhere where he’s saying this. If he’s not doing this just for attention and he’s so passionate that he needs to be constantly talking about Crabtree he needs to get a hold of his number and they can meet somewhere and take care of business man to man but please enough already. It’s just not a good look for a grown man to constantly have another man’s name in his mouth.

I know one thing for damn sure, if Beast Mode had a problem with some dude he wouldn’t be giving 1000 interviews about it. He’d check the dude himself. Sherman needs to handle his business or get over it already he sounds like a teenage girl.

50. goldbloodedindfw says: Jul 9, 2014 3:01 PM

It must suck to know that the Seahawks franchise has literally only had success during one year – 2013-2014. Outside of that, the Hawks have been completely irrelevant with nothing to show for their existence.

See what I did there?

51. lutch57 says: Jul 9, 2014 3:03 PM

@juliusanonymous

You do realize the Seahawks havent won in SF since 2008? The Niners have also won 5 of the last 8. With the Seahawks schedule this year and the entire division getting better they’ll be lucky to be 8-8.

52. dimbee says: Jul 9, 2014 3:04 PM

“#ABOVEREPROACHUNLIKETHOSEWHINERSCUMBAGS”

“Above reproach???” LMAO at this. How many Seahawks players have been suspended in the last couple of seasons for PEDs and/or drug use?

Yeah… so about that…

53. fwippel says: Jul 9, 2014 3:05 PM

Richard Sherman got burned by Christian Ponder and Jarius Wright, and yet he still thinks he’s good.

When you get burned by Christian Ponder, it’s time to find another line of work.

54. marvin49 says: Jul 9, 2014 3:07 PM

I like how peeps here say Crabtree is all talk….

…and Sherman is the only one talking.

The only thing Crab has ever said is “No” when asked if he thought Sherman was the best CB in the game.

You have to be a special kind of homer to criticize Crab for talking when you are defending or rooting for Richard Sherman.

55. djneto27 says: Jul 9, 2014 3:08 PM

For all those saying the seahawks fan base has been here since 2011…I’m pretty sure the 12th man has been a thing since the Hasselbeck Alexander days and even going back to the Largent days in the 80’s-90’s. Not our fault you guys JUST decided to start paying attention to us after the beast quake run. Don’t hate just respect!

56. kuranda84 says: Jul 9, 2014 3:12 PM

As a Seahawks fan, I don’t care to read everything Sherman says. I think he talks too much, but on the flip side that’s also what gets him motivated, so I’ll have to live w/ that.

However, I’m all about him going after Crabtree. Sherman went up to slap his hand, told him good game, and Crabs shoved him in his face. Crabs deserved what he got.

57. trollhammer20 says: Jul 9, 2014 3:26 PM

Richard Sherman lives in so many heads…all you haters should start charging the man rent.

You mad, bros. You WAY mad. Let the downvoting commence!

58. bamboozle99 says: Jul 9, 2014 3:26 PM

I started to realize I don’t even hate Sherman anymore. Anything he says sounds like old news. Let it go already. You wanna shock the world? Say something nice about somebody other than yourself.

59. superhawk12 says: Jul 9, 2014 3:28 PM

niners816 says:
    Jul 9, 2014 2:04 PM

Well we can certainly see who the clueless one is here. Seahawk fans are the best fanbase and have been loyal since the inception of the team. That’s why they retired the 12 jersey. We are the Loudest and Proudest fans in the NFL and we’ll be cheering on another championship next year.

60. juliusanonymous says: Jul 9, 2014 3:29 PM

lutch57 says: Jul 9, 2014 3:03 PM

———————————————

This is what cracks me up about Whiner fans. This dude is literally trying to brag about the Singletary/Smith era and act as if that is relevant today. Of course, he won’t mention that Seattle has won 3 of the last 4.

Then downplay the FACT that Seattle just stomped your team in the most important game you played last year, as if it the NFC Championship Game didn’t matter.

Simple fact – right now, when it counts, Harbaugh and Kaepernick have consistently FAILED. Every single shot you’ve had. And they’ve been completely owned in Seattle. Kaepernick has thrown 7 picks in Seattle and how many TDs? Ha ha ha ha ha. But keep bragging about that to the fans who were there to watch it happen. The same fans who watched Kaepernick run off the field before the clock even expired and refuse to shake anyone’s hands because he was so demoralized. HILARIOUS. Brag to those of us who were laughing as he committed his 3rd turnover in the 4th quarter and choked away another season for the perpetually-mediocre Whiners.

And I’m supposed to care that your weak team beat us by a few points earlier in the season in a game that didn’t even matter? WE WON THE SUPERBOWL. Nobody in Seattle cares about that loss. It happens. Seattle lost 3 games last season, and not one of those losses stopped us from winning the Superbowl.

Santa Clara trash talk is filled with mental acrobatics so they won’t have to admit that they can’t win when it counts. They just brag that they made it to the NFCCG 3 times, they don’t mention that they LOST EVERY TIME.

Congratulations on being the 2010’s version of the 1990 Buffalo Bills. I’m glad you’re proud of that status, because that’s all you will ever experience with Harbaugh and Kaepernick.

And hey, if it makes you feel better that a terrible 2008 Whiners team beatdown an equally terrible 2008 Seahawks team – well, have at it. I know you Whiners fans only have the past to brag about, so we Seattle fans are used to that. It’s part of what we make fun of you about. Y’all are like Browns fans bragging about the 1950’s. Just PATHETIC and hilarious.

61. listenup823 says: Jul 9, 2014 3:30 PM

I don’t have anything against Sherman talking trash as long as he chews up a breath mint before he opens his mouth..

62. pammy6 says: Jul 9, 2014 3:31 PM

Eventually someone is gonna punch this meathead in the mouth and I can’t wait to see it.

63. pnwl4a says: Jul 9, 2014 3:32 PM

And we should care what you think?

64. eyeamlothar says: Jul 9, 2014 3:33 PM

The Seattle Seahawks retired the number 12 jersey on December 15, 1984, in honor of their fans.

65. pnwl4a says: Jul 9, 2014 3:37 PM

Oh you mean like he did in the NFCCG? right..

66. joe2jerry says: Jul 9, 2014 3:38 PM

I think everyone gets it. If you are a Seahawks fan then you like Sherman and he can do no wrong. It’s not classless to talk about another team after the game like a roided up WWE wrestler nor continue to do so. In fact, all Seahawks fans were at that charity baseball game (or had a friend or relative that was) as well as running stride for stride when the two played each other – they clearly know all that was said since it’s quiet enough to hear those conversations in C-Link.

Seriously, why defend his sportsmanship. At least Niner fans aren’t nominating Aldon Smith for man of the year awards…

67. whodatsaybaby says: Jul 9, 2014 3:39 PM

I never knew holding a receiver every play makes you the best. The best Sherman highlight is him getting punched in the face after the Washington game!!!

68. pnwl4a says: Jul 9, 2014 3:49 PM

In the End there are 2 supreme events between these two teams..

1: Seahawks – Superbowl Champs

2: Kaepernick’s 126 MILLION 6 year contract.. Bahhaaaahhaa LOL… what a joke…
    because of that contract:
    NFC -W
    1. Seattle
    2. Arizona
    3. SF
    4. STL

69. cityofchampions27 says: Jul 9, 2014 3:52 PM

He represents the Cardinal very well. I’m sure the alumni is proud of him. Has anyone noticed that he looks like a smaller Booker T. #WWEafterfootball
    #tagteamlegionofboom

70. dkalev says: Jul 9, 2014 3:57 PM

Two all time great HOF giants coaches have two of the greatest philosophies when it comes to football, and some of these loudmouths would do well to listen:
    “You are what your record says you are”- Bill Parcells
    “Talk is cheap. Just play the game”-Tom Coughlin

71. ronfai says: Jul 9, 2014 4:00 PM

This guy needs therapy.

72. superhawk12 says: Jul 9, 2014 4:01 PM

Haters be hating cuz they got nothing else to do.

73. lutch57 says: Jul 9, 2014 4:06 PM

juliusanonymous – whats pathetic is you took the time to write all that. Typical Seahawk fan inferiority complex. Small time city, small time team, small time fans.

74. jprcox says: Jul 9, 2014 4:11 PM

When I see people talk about this thinking Sherman should grow up, you have to remember he is doing his job. Beyond anything Sherman is an entertainer. All these guys are entertainers, and that carries further over for some then the football field.

Everything Sherman does in this regard makes him more money. Joke is on all of us.

75. fivetimechamps49 says: Jul 9, 2014 4:11 PM

Hey juliusanonymous,
    How could you hear him if your so called stadium and fans are the loudest in the NFL? #Seachickenssuck! #Niners2014

juliusanonymous says: Jul 9, 2014 1:59 PM

At least Sherman backs up his talk.

Whiners = all talk, no walk.
    Seahawks = 2014 World Champions.

#KissTheRing
    #WhinersAreMEDIOCRE
    #SeahawksAreWorldChampions

76. goldrush36 says: Jul 9, 2014 4:12 PM

@Tribe… I have never even heard of spikekoolaid…. sounds like a suspect site but thanks anyway

77. goldbloodedindfw says: Jul 9, 2014 4:17 PM

juliusanonymous just who are you trying to convince after typing that novel? I think you need to calm down a bit. Your team won the superbowl which one would think you be satisfied with and be able to block out any haters but clearly not. I see you on here leaving troll comments about the niners all the time and then somebody puts you in your place and you throw a complete internet temper tantrum in the form of that completely unnecessarily long comment that I hope no one is seriously dumb enough to entertain arguing with. You’re taking what people say online way too seriously. I recommend finding a job/hobby so you aren’t investing so much time and (emotional) energy into what people say on pft. Good Lord.

78. bert1913 says: Jul 9, 2014 4:24 PM

Crabtree would be a much better receiver if he had Russell Wilson throwing him the ball

79. blabidibla says: Jul 9, 2014 4:27 PM

Sherman is going to have his head taken off on a pick play. Won’t even be the Niners that do it. Lot’s of player hate this guy and his over inflated ego.

80. bakeberryjam says: Jul 9, 2014 4:27 PM

forgot the rest of the article headline: “…and still, no one cares.”

81. sweetnlow44 says: Jul 9, 2014 4:33 PM

Good, that’s a healthy way to feel toward your rival. To be honest, the pictures of Wilson and Kaepernick being all buddy buddy during the offseason make me feel a little uncomfortable. I wish they hated each other too. It makes for great drama on game day.

82. stainlessstill says: Jul 9, 2014 4:33 PM

Funny thing was, Crabtree had Sherman beat. If Kap puts that ball one inch higher, it’s a TD.

83. hmpennypacker says: Jul 9, 2014 4:35 PM

I think the fact that he once told Skip Bayless he was better at life that him tells you all you need to know. Anyone who says that to someone else has some major insecurity issues.

84. fasteddy415 says: Jul 9, 2014 4:44 PM

Anybody leaving 8 paragraph comments got way to much time on their hands and needs to find a job…

Can’t wait to see the new loaded WR core the Niners have built choke out Sherman..

And just a reminder. The 2014 49er roster is the deepest it’s been since the Harbaugh/Balke era…#scary

85. gregmorris78 says: Jul 9, 2014 4:45 PM

Sure man

86. natelan says: Jul 9, 2014 4:51 PM

Sherman 1 : Crabtree 0

87. 49erstim says: Jul 9, 2014 4:56 PM

Am I the only one that loves reading the rants of juliusanonymous? Getcha popcorn ready this dummy is about to start typing out another long-winded mumbling masterpiece showcasing how far we’ve fallen as a society. History lesson: Bill Walsh won 3 SBs in SF. They won 2 without him. Let this be a lesson to you kids…. stay in school and off of drugs . It’s guys like this that give all of us true, SANE football fans a bad name. Hey true Hawks fans. Enjoy that title win and get geared up because if you thought winning one was nerve racking you haven’t seen anything yet.

88. 4d9erdynasty says: Jul 9, 2014 4:59 PM

And everbody in America besides Seattle still hate Sherman.

89. cowboys1022 says: Jul 9, 2014 5:00 PM

Out Sherman in a man to man coverage so we can see if he is the best.

90. snoqualmkanem says: Jul 9, 2014 5:21 PM

San Francisco (Santa Clara) 49er’s fan base established 2010 after both of them were let out of deep freeze where they had been hibernating.
    They are on the endangered species list and will likely disappear from sight after the 2014 football scene. A time capsule will be buried at Levi Stadium with an urn representing their remains along with another flyer containing instructions on how to be a fan.
    The time capsule will be unearthed 50 years later and the Niners will still be on a “Quest for Six”.

91. pnwl4a says: Jul 9, 2014 5:38 PM

If “ifs” and “buts” were candy and nuts we’d all have a merry christmas…. But it wasn’t because Kap isn’t that smart and the whiners aren’t that good….

92. alankelly2013 says: Jul 9, 2014 5:45 PM

Funny those that think if that pass was thrown further that it would have been complete. You need to check out the film. Sherman was in better postition than Crabtree to make the catch if had been thrown on target. He had to adjust in the air to reach back and tip it to Smith for the interception. Otherwise he would have made it himself.

93. iamdinguskhan says: Jul 9, 2014 6:24 PM

Sherman seems obsessed with Crabtree.I wonder if he has pictures of him all over his wall with little voodoo dolls of him that he pokes every night……weird dude

94. mikeinfected says: Jul 9, 2014 6:37 PM

“you mad, bro ?” had gotten old quick hasn’t it ?

95. teambolt5000 says: Jul 9, 2014 7:03 PM

It will be something truly amazing to see when the Seahawks get back to playing mediocre football. Just the hashtag comments will be internet gold.
    #DAMNWESUCKAGAIN
    #HATERNINERFANSWERERIGHT

96. hopper15 says: Jul 9, 2014 7:05 PM

It’s easy to forget Crabtree tore his Achilles tendon just seven months prior to the NFCCG. That’s an injury that should have sidelined him the entire season. But he worked his tail off rehabbing and came back in six months. Now that’s hard work.

97. dalcow4 says: Jul 9, 2014 7:12 PM

Imagine being a top 5 CB in the NFL, making millions upon millions, having a well-deserved Super Bowl ring on your hand… and still consistently melting down because of someone’s tweet or whatever.

98. 34defense2014 says: Jul 9, 2014 7:39 PM

Seahawks and 49ers keep it up!!! This is great!!! Finally a truly hated rival!! 2 teams that can’t stand each other!!! I love it!! Now this is how Football should be!!! Like back in the 70’s when teams hated each other!! Instead of this boring we are all Pro players and Buddy’s!! Ugh so sick of it!!! Even the Jet, Pat rivalry stinks!! There is no pure hate for those 2 teams!! It stinks!! Rivalry is what it’s all about!! I truly! with out a doubt! totally hate the NY Rangers!! I almost like to see them loose as much is I like watching the NY Isles win!!!

99. jg78219 says: Jul 9, 2014 9:20 PM

Didn’t Dick win a ring and get paid??? What an ignorant fool. He’s rich because of physical skills very few people possess not because of brains. This guy is a moron and a clown. I used to hate him. Now I could care less, just shut up. Your an idiot. I thought he wasn’t talking to the media because they posted his address for stalker Seahawks fans. He just can’t stop running his mouth.

100. intengen356 says: Jul 9, 2014 10:04 PM

This is stupid! And I’m a hawks fan, what a joke

101. tmilla19 says: Jul 9, 2014 11:02 PM

Eventually al the ish this dude talks is going to catch up to him. Talk s@#t get bit. Probably week 1! Mark it stone! So let it be written, so let it be done!

102. dannyninerfan says: Jul 10, 2014 12:33 AM

Don’t get it. Stop running your mouth like a damn pro wrestler about it, and act like a professional athlete. Liked the guy until the Erin Andrews interview, but am learning to loathe him every time he opens his mouth. Can’t wait for Crabtree and Kaepernick’s revenge while I digest Thanksgiving dinner, and we will see who gets the last laugh in AZ. #Seattle won’t even repeat in their division#

103. RegisHawk says: Jul 10, 2014 6:42 AM

We’ll probably never know the details, but we can infer that it was personal and Sherman is going to make sure Crabtree pays…and he has the skill and intelligence to make him pay for years to come.

49er fans would do better to harass Crabtree for his stupidity than try to blame Sherman for shutting him up (and shutting him down).

104. 1phillyphan says: Jul 10, 2014 1:25 PM

Not a fan of either team….but if anybody ( Not a SheHawks fan) watched that game..Seattle didn’t beat the 49ers..The refs gave them that game. There were so many bad calls by the refs that game that there was actually an investigation into the refs calls by the league…( this is true..look it up..there is actually a youtube video about the bad calls and explaning how they effected the out come of the game especially the Bowman fumble recovery)..But again Sherman just has to tell the world how much he hates a person. Forgetting that the 2 of them were at a party last year and Sherman tried to hang out with Crabtree..then if it wasn’t for several people holding Crabtree from beating the hell out of him..Sherman would have been clobbered. Richard here’s the truth. You’re a good player in a defense set up with probowlers all around you. You only play one side, and you only cover one route. You’re a fraud. Peterson, Joe Haden, A. Cromartie even Talib are better CB’s then you. All you are doing is motivating WR’s to dump all over you this year….wait 4 it…

105. ballhawk75 says: Jul 10, 2014 3:20 PM

No safety help in any of his 8 picks last year.he did tip one to saftey earl Thomas against the giants. Identical to the one in the NFCCG.

106. dannyninerfan says: Jul 11, 2014 1:06 AM

Well put, 1phillyphan. Dude is a fraud of a CB. Would love to see Philly v. SF in the NFCCG, love what Kelly is doing in Philly. The funny part about last season is Niners had Boldin and Davis (in Davis’ case, less) as our only healthy receivers: STILL MADE IT TO THECLINK and Seattle forgets we had this game wrapped up until Iopoti, Bowman, bad calls, etc… We ain’t whining… We want to prove the best in the West ain’t them. Game on. But seriously, lose or win w dignity, Richard Vermin (sorry, had my autocorrect off…LOL) #49ers in 49###

107. 1phillyphan says: Jul 11, 2014 10:57 AM

dannyninerfan..TY..but its true… The Refs GAVE that game to the SheHawks. Everybody likes to think that us in Philly are the worst fans in the NFL cuz back in the 60’s 5 idiots threw snowballs at a drunk man playing Santa Claus..But nobody talks about the Cincy fans for throwing batteries at the players ect…The Shehawks fans love to throw the Superbowl vs the Steelers out there as the refs giving that game away..but have no problem with the 49ers being totally ripped off from going to the SuperBowl last year. there were so many crap calls that stopped 49er drives, ect..the refs let the Legion of Loon mug WR’s the whole game. they could have called P.I. on 90% of the calls. Bowman clearly has the fumble recovery, breaks his leg for his team..only to have the crooked refs take the ball away from him. Let Sherman talk. All he is doing is amping up EVERY WR that plays him. he is rated as the best CB in the NFL ( not in my book) so he has no place to go but down…and down he will go….

108. seahawkfan76 says: Jul 11, 2014 11:13 AM

@tribefromcalifornia: So, Crabs is the best niner receiver you have ever seen. I wont even name other niner WRs who are better, I will let you all do that yourself!!!!!! #ignorant

109. seahawkfan76 says: Jul 11, 2014 11:16 AM

@1phillyphan: Really? So when you have a point differential of 71-16, that’s because of bad calls?….WOW…….those are some blind refs!!

110. seahawkfan76 says: Jul 11, 2014 11:26 AM

ROFL!!!!!! The Whiner fan base is still making up excuses and crying about refs and bad calls and anything else they can cry about!.GROW UP!!! We have the best rivalry in sports history, and all you can do is CRY, and POUT, and MOAN and MAKE EXCUSES!…..MAN UP and try WINNING! When and if you beat the SB CHAMPION HAWKS,oh, you can have your little 19-17 win at candle, I WILL TAKE THE 71-16 THUMPING WE HAVE GIVEN YOU OVER THE LAST 2 SEASONS!! bUT if you can beat us, I am very sure all you whiners will have a parade in downtown SantaClara! You still wont make the SB, we have that taken care of, but you would be wetting yourselves if you could just beat the “SEAHAWKS”!!!