Giants Camp Football AP

Safety Antrel Rolle won a Super Bowl with the New York Giants in 2011 and appeared in another Super Bowl with the Arizona Cardinals in 2008.

However, Rolle believes the current iteration of the Giants may be the most talented team he’s been a part of in his 10 seasons in the NFL.

According to Brian Lewis of the New York Post, Rolle is bullish on the team’s chances this season.

“Absolutely. I think this is one of the most talented teams I have ever been on, if not the most talented,’’ Rolle said.

“It’s almost to a point where you have to hold yourself back — it’s just the first day of training camp. All of the guys are excited, and we’re trying to get out there and see what we can put together. It’s going to be a very special group we have here.’’

The Giants missed the playoffs for the second straight year in 2013. But after an 0-6 start to the season, the Giants did rally to win seven of their final 10 games with their defense ranking eighth in the league at season’s end.

Rolle was excited by the additions the Giants made to the roster this offseason. Head coach Tom Coughlin hopes the changes on offense can help rejuvenate Eli Manning and spark a unit that flailed frequently last year.

Only time will tell if Rolle’s optimism about the Giants potential is well-founded.

Permalink 17 Comments Feed for comments Latest Stories in: Home, New York Giants, Rumor Mill
17 Responses to “Antrel Rolle says this year’s Giants may be “most talented team” he’s played for”
  1. motobus says: Jul 23, 2014 2:35 AM

There’s a big difference between “most talented team” and “one of the most talented teams”

2. Brian Murphy says: Jul 23, 2014 2:51 AM

Says the same guy who told reporters that the Giants would go 12-0 after they started 0-4 last year.

Extravagant optimism is kind of his gig.

3. jshawaii22 says: Jul 23, 2014 3:10 AM

… and they will still be the 6th best NFC team

Seahawks, 49ers, Saints, Cardinals, Bears and then maybe the Giants…

js

4. berniemadoffsides says: Jul 23, 2014 6:25 AM

I think aside from the OL being the biggest question mark, I woukd agree.

5. sbboundgiants says: Jul 23, 2014 6:52 AM

Giants will be the NFC East Champs

6. feelnsavage says: Jul 23, 2014 7:27 AM

LoL again LoL…. That is still crazy to me that with the addition of our (Carolina) Beason… Yall terrible terrible defense had became 8 in the league :/ and all we got was a seventh rder…. I swear Gettleman kuechly better not go down!!

7. crewchief15 says: Jul 23, 2014 7:30 AM

Who doesn’t say THAT every year!

8. eaglesw00t says: Jul 23, 2014 7:42 AM

What? This years Giants squad is average at best. They will get swept by Philly AND the REDSKINS (I SAID IT) and will be lucky to get a split with Dallas.

I honestly believe they are the worst team in the division. Eli is pretty much cooked. Unless he has a major comeback season, the Giants are a 7-9 team. 8-8 at best.

Rolle talks too damn much.

9. thefootballgodssay says: Jul 23, 2014 7:50 AM

2014 NFC EAST CHAMPS NYG

10. fedexfield says: Jul 23, 2014 7:52 AM

I wonder what he’s gonna say once the Redskins beat them twice this year… #HTTR

11. eaglesnoles05 says: Jul 23, 2014 7:55 AM

He says alot of stuff. He was right that one time though, so we shall see. I think his 08 cards’ Warner, Fitz and Boldin, himself, and adrian wilson by themselves represent more “talent” than this NYG roster, but I’m not there so I don’t know. Some good D signings and a great RB signing for the G-men this offseason, no doubt.

All we really know is that we will know in the not too distant future. And cheers to that.

12. crenshawpete714 says: Jul 23, 2014 8:26 AM

I sure hope he’s right. Go Giants!

13. censoredagain says: Jul 23, 2014 8:47 AM

On paper, the secondary could be a top 10 unit, but as we all know, games arent played on paper. A lot of unanswered questions on the DL could really test the secondary.

14. floratiotime says: Jul 23, 2014 8:52 AM

You can take that statement a lot of ways.

15. gayforbrady says: Jul 23, 2014 10:43 AM

I hope the Giants make it to the super bowl.

I want round 3.

16. lic112014 says: Jul 23, 2014 12:40 PM

My biggest concern is left tackle.I think Mosley will fill in capably for Chris Snee although Snee is a big loss.Will Beatty is coming off a broken leg and a horrible season.Until left tackle is solidified with Beatty or someone else,the line will struggle.

17. dallascowboysdishingthereal says: Jul 23, 2014 3:40 PM

Must be July, the Giants are talking super bowl….