Pierre-Paul says he’s “110 percent,” thinks he’ll remain with Giants past 2014

Jasn Pierre-Paul AP

After going 7-9 last season, there are several Giants veterans on the spot heading into the 2014 season.

Defensive end Jason Pierre-Paul is right at the top of that list. Pierre-Paul battled injuries early and late while putting forth performances far below the standard he set on the way to a Super Bowl title in 2011, leading him to call it a “lost year” on Thursday. Getting Pierre-Paul back to form is big for a team that doesn’t have many proven pass rushers and it’s big for Pierre-Paul as well.

He’s entering the final year of his contract and what was once assumed to be a big extension is less certain after Pierre-Paul’s poor 2013. The defensive end says he’s “110 percent” now, though, and expects to remain with the team.

“I’m not gonna lie,” Pierre-Paul said, via the New York Post. “Seeing Tuck gone, it’s on my mind a little bit. I think I’m going to be here next year. Honest. Because I know how I play and I know what kind of game I bring.”

Listing the players who are 110 percent or in the best shape of their lives heading into training camp would take most of the month, so such statements should always be taken with an oversize grain of salt. Pierre-Paul has to produce once the whistle blows or his future, Giants or otherwise, is going to be a lot dimmer than it was 12 months ago.

Permalink 12 Comments Feed for comments Latest Stories in: Home, New York Giants, Rumor Mill
12 Responses to “Pierre-Paul says he’s “110 percent,” thinks he’ll remain with Giants past 2014”
  1. thegreatgabbert says: Jul 24, 2014 2:44 PM

Gets an extra 10% for the hairstyle.

2. giants1080 says: Jul 24, 2014 2:47 PM

12-15 sacks is good for me

3. jints10 says: Jul 24, 2014 2:57 PM

4. 700levelvet says: Jul 24, 2014 3:04 PM

He’s like any NY ‘er… Overrated and in love with himself

5. justinstuckrule says: Jul 24, 2014 3:08 PM

I was really wrong and dumb last year when I said the Giants didn’t need JPP. I said they should shrink wrap him until the playoffs. I was so wrong.

If JPP wants to be with the Giants in 2015 I think he had better hope that David Tyree leaves his job so JPP can become Director of Player Development for the Giants. JPP had one pretty good year in his playing career. He should be proud of it.

6. ccjcsr says: Jul 24, 2014 3:25 PM

Will get stonewalled when facing Tyron Smith healthy or not.

#CowboysNations

7. billco6192013 says: Jul 24, 2014 3:43 PM

Hakeem nicks. said that he would have a great contract year also.Giants aren’t going to give u a big contract unless you produce. Dominate baby.All Giant fans want to see is you putting Qbs on their back . Let’s go big blue

8. rickastleydancemoves says: Jul 24, 2014 3:54 PM

“JPP and D”Monster” Moore will be one of the top sack duo’s in the NFL this year!!! The Giants have put together another stellar D….Won’t be surprised to see another Ship!!!”

You don’t have to worry about trolls finding their way to your team’s post, when the delusional kool aid drinkers sound just as ridiculous.

9. justintuckrule says: Jul 24, 2014 4:20 PM

Many players are guilty for saying they’re 100% when they’re not. Not JPP. He admitted all of last year that he wasn’t 100%. If he says he feels 110%, you have to believe him.

If Kiwanuka, Moore, or Ayers can beat constant 1 on 1 blocking, we’ll have a nice little pass rush on our hands. It will look that much better now that we have a legit defensive backfield.

10. newdayintampabay says: Jul 24, 2014 4:59 PM

Wooohooo…

- Prince Amukamara

11. Big Blue On You says: Jul 25, 2014 1:07 AM

Claiborne is smarter than Prince (not saying much) and D. R. C. has no heart, as in ‘zero’. What are you talking about backfield? Oh, yes, where’s Will Hill? LOLs…

12. n0hopeleft says: Jul 25, 2014 8:46 PM

Claiborne is a complete bust, can’t cover or tackle. Referencing a single Cowboys defender from last year’s historically bad roster shows your level of credibility, which is zero.