Jerry Jones was “that close” to taking Johnny Manziel

Romo AP

Yes, the Cowboys were close to drafting Johnny Manziel.  How close?

Very close.

“I want you to know that almost as I was handing in the card, it was that close to putting that Manziel card in. It was that close,” Cowboys owner Jerry Jones said Sunday on NFL Network, via Clarence E. Hill, Jr. of the Fort Worth Star-Telegram.  “I looked over to my son, Stephen . . . and I said, ‘I took the right pick.  [Zack Martin] was the top player by three players on our board at the time that we were sitting there looking at [Manziel]. . . .  The question was, ‘Could we make it work with Tony Romo during the period of time that we are going to have Tony?’  And by the way, my expectations are that Tony will be our quarterback several years to come as we move along.”

It’s easy for Jones to say that now.  In fact, it’s necessary, given that the Cowboys didn’t pick Manziel.  But if Manziel had been the pick, how many years could the Cowboys have parked him on the bench behind Romo?  And how relentless would the questions have been regarding Manziel’s elevation to starter?

“Manziel is special,” Jones said.  “I know him personally. I know that he is going to be a success in the National Football League, and it was a hard decision. And it is one that I will probably have for the rest of my career think about.”

Jones won’t have to personally confront the decision until 2016, when the Cowboys are due to visit Cleveland.  If Romo’s back problems have forced him to retire by then and if Manziel has become a quality starter, Jones will be thinking about it a lot.

Permalink 84 Comments Feed for comments Latest Stories in: Cleveland Browns, Dallas Cowboys, Rumor Mill, Top Stories
84 Responses to “Jerry Jones was “that close” to taking Johnny Manziel”
  1. RegisHawk says: Jul 28, 2014 8:24 AM

Nobody cares. Jerry Jones has made his team irrelevant.

2. rdstpa2 says: Jul 28, 2014 8:25 AM

You will not regret passing on him.

3. Big Blue On You says: Jul 28, 2014 8:27 AM

Some how I think that Johnny Manziel would have fit in and done well with Dallas. It would be in keeping with the circus theme.

4. ripwarrior says: Jul 28, 2014 8:29 AM

Manziel and jones would have been drinking buddys if he would have picked him

5. dallascowboysdishingthereal says: Jul 28, 2014 8:30 AM

Manziel was the right pick based on the fact that their backup Orton was a no show and Weeden leaves a lot to be desired as a QB.

Evidently Jerry’s gut said to draft Manziel as he compared that gutsy pick to his gutsy decision to purchase the Cowboys. Jerry is counting on Romo to be the QB for several years but we will see how that goes.

6. irishgary says: Jul 28, 2014 8:33 AM

I just don’t understand how this buffoon is worth billions

7. touchdownroddywhite says: Jul 28, 2014 8:34 AM

Dodged a bullet on that one. I’m not sure if it’s even possible, but imagine how much bigger of a spectacle Manziel would have been on “America’s Team”

8. irishlad19 says: Jul 28, 2014 8:35 AM

Doubt there is enough room in Dallas to fit both JJ’s and Manziel’s egos.

9. jetsbandwagon says: Jul 28, 2014 8:35 AM

Geno Smith is the best QB in the NFL, with Vick somewhere in the top 10! Johnny MEzel and Teddy Bustwater won’t make it to 2016, because they’ll be in jail by then!

#JetsDynasty
    #YouWishYouWereTheJets

10. jetsbandwagon says: Jul 28, 2014 8:37 AM

Jerry Jones>Robert Kraft

At least Jones didn’t let his team spy on GOD’S chosen team, the New York Jets!

#JetsDynasty
    #WeHaveOnePatsReallyHaveNone

11. bunkslurpscrabmustard says: Jul 28, 2014 8:41 AM

I was in awe over the weekend watching NFL Network and ESPN just straight up service Manziel’s nether regions for about 16 hrs every single day. It is seriously pathetic and it makes the Tebow coverage of 2011-2012 seem mild. Sad we put some kid on a pedestal like this when he yet to play an NFL game.

12. 6ball says: Jul 28, 2014 8:42 AM

Either way the Cowboys still end up at 8-8.

13. packfanaj12 says: Jul 28, 2014 8:44 AM

JJ say it aint so!

14. newtoallthis23 says: Jul 28, 2014 8:46 AM

You should have taken him. He would have been great at compared to the partying players of the past. Also you’ll need a new quarterback to n the next 2 or so years due to injury of Romo and his performance.

15. slammincamnewton says: Jul 28, 2014 8:47 AM

Thank god this never happened. Not because I’m a Cowboys fan, but for the sake of every American who watches ESPN.

16. araidersfan says: Jul 28, 2014 8:48 AM

I don’t think Jerry needs to worry about Manziel being a quality QB in the NFL – I see him as a Ryan Leaf type bust.

But for that reason, I do regret that the Cowboys didn’t draft “Johnny Football”. It would have added even more amusement to the circus that Jerry runs.

(for the same reason I feel bad for Browns fans, having most recently suffered with Brady Quinn)

17. custardchucker says: Jul 28, 2014 8:49 AM

“Jones won’t have to personally confront the decision until 2016, when the Cowboys are due to visit Cleveland.”

Or they could meet in the 2015 Superbolololololololololololol

18. grogansheroes says: Jul 28, 2014 8:51 AM

So, see, I am a good GM. I didn’t take the shiny new toy.

19. moerawn says: Jul 28, 2014 8:58 AM

Pleeeease go away.

20. lowdownmofo says: Jul 28, 2014 8:59 AM

Jones then referred to the press as “Boys and Ghouls”, giggled uncontrollably and hastily retreated to his crypt.

21. donchscks says: Jul 28, 2014 9:00 AM

we don’t have to know EVERYTHING about EVERY decision that’s made or not made in Big D Jer. Feel free to keep some things to yourself.

22. vusnu says: Jul 28, 2014 9:01 AM

Manziel will be a Cowboy within five years.

23. hjb99992013 says: Jul 28, 2014 9:02 AM

Dallas not drafting Manziel is a true pity

What an absolute clown show this season would have been

24. coloradofort says: Jul 28, 2014 9:02 AM

I guess people are relatively interested in the mediocrity that is the Cowboys for the last number of years and any article putting the Cowboys and Manziel gets a hit.

The Boys should not worry about a QB for this year, that defense is going to be so bad they will have a chance to draft Romo’s replacement in 2015.

25. weepingjebus says: Jul 28, 2014 9:07 AM

How does a zillion dollar franchise even find itself in the position of choosing between a 34-year old back surgery patient and a dollar bill rolling swan jockey?

26. itsnotforme says: Jul 28, 2014 9:08 AM

Well I’ll be darn. If this season is a flop then we can start by throwing people under the bus before it starts. Would of, could of, and should of .

27. rgwhodey says: Jul 28, 2014 9:09 AM

I thought owners and coachers aren’t allowed to discuss players on other teams rosters that are currently under contract…

28. bullcharger says: Jul 28, 2014 9:10 AM

If Jerry really though Manziel was that great he would have picked him.

29. puppybowler says: Jul 28, 2014 9:11 AM

I’m pretty sure he’s asked about Manziel more than Zack Martin

30. aa1829 says: Jul 28, 2014 9:13 AM

Johnny Manziel, if that is his real name. I won’t believe it until I see Manziel and Alfred E. Newman in the same room at the same time.

31. dmarado says: Jul 28, 2014 9:13 AM

LOL, because the path Jones has taken as of late has led to unparalleled success.

32. tonys2lucky54 says: Jul 28, 2014 9:14 AM

Poor Jerry.. his team has become so irrelevant. I love it …..

33. tough2beatplayer says: Jul 28, 2014 9:16 AM

So Jerry what do you want me to do? Give you a trophy for coming close?

34. sterling7 says: Jul 28, 2014 9:17 AM

I used to love the Dallas Cowboys, Don Meredith (a helluva quarterback, incredibly underrated), Bob Lily, Don Perkins, Bullet Bob Hayes, Mel Renfro, Chuck Howley, Walt Garrison Manster etc. But the only thing Jerry Jones has ever done for the cowboys was to hire Jimmy Jones. Since the day he fired Jimmy Jones that team has been a total failure. Stop giving Jerry Jones so much undeserved attention because where managing an NFL team is concerned-he’s an idiot!

35. 700levelvet says: Jul 28, 2014 9:18 AM

Oh look… Cowboys has like 35 fans at practice, 12 of whom took a wrong turn, and Jerruh needs attention, so he hops on the Johnny Football roller coaster ride…

36. filthymcnastyi says: Jul 28, 2014 9:19 AM

Johnny 8-ball would have been a perfect fit for that Dallas clown show!

37. darthvoter says: Jul 28, 2014 9:21 AM

Says the worst GM in the game….This guy suffers from a permanent case of rectal-cranial inversion syndrome.

38. codythao35 says: Jul 28, 2014 9:21 AM

Jerry knows everything that’s why Cowboys are the Boycows. Watch out “Browns “when Jerry makes predictions, it usually means the opposite.

39. zoxitic says: Jul 28, 2014 9:29 AM

If you did pick Manziel, Sean Lee would not be out for the year.

40. nullaereale says: Jul 28, 2014 9:35 AM

I’m an Eagles fan and I actually believe that Jerry Jones did the right thing. Now Dallas has one of the best O-lines in football and several offensive weapons behind it. And while the defense is a huge question mark so is Manziel. Manziel =Overrated. How do you go from the 5th rated QB prospect (on many draft boards) to the 1st after a pro day? Too many scouts and analyst sipping the Johnny football kool aid.

41. 1964bclions says: Jul 28, 2014 9:35 AM

And to think of the publicity opportunities lost.

We might have seen Manziel throw a football from the 6th floor window of the school book depository building and into a convertible driving 25 miles per hour.

42. politicallyincorrect says: Jul 28, 2014 9:38 AM

JJ needs to hire a GM and HC

43. Getoffmylawn! says: Jul 28, 2014 9:41 AM

I hope if Manziel become a good NFL QB, Jerry Jones fires his stupid Azz GM! For so many bad decisions over the years and general stupidity.

44. brownsmakemecrazy says: Jul 28, 2014 9:42 AM

I think Jerry Jones did the right thing. The Cowboys OLine has been bad the last 5 years. Should be interesting to seewhat Romo will do with a better O Line.

As for the Browns taking Manziel, I wanted Murray, McCarron or Mettenberger. With the horrible WRs the Browns have he wont be successful and neither will Hoyer. Defenses will cram the box and dare them to beat him with the pass.

45. simonator917 says: Jul 28, 2014 9:47 AM

He should fire his GM for passing on Johnny Football.

46. 88xfactor says: Jul 28, 2014 9:50 AM

No team in the last 10 or 15 years have had a higher TV rating than the Dallas Cowboys. The most loved and most hated professional sports team in the world. And the rest of you scrubs can’t stand it.Who needs Johnny M. And about what ” RegisHawk said: Cowboys Irrelevant”. NEVER!!!

47. PanchoHerreraFanClub says: Jul 28, 2014 9:51 AM

The main problem with the ‘Boys is that Jerry Jones is delusional. To think that Romo will play many years coming off back surgery and their so-so OL is delusional.

48. ralphwilsonisrich says: Jul 28, 2014 10:01 AM

Great more Tony Romo and Ed Werder stories!

49. dallasdominates says: Jul 28, 2014 10:10 AM

We have three first round picks out five starting on the online.. outside of San Francisco.. name one better

50. mncowboysfan says: Jul 28, 2014 10:14 AM

I read the comments and just have to laugh…most slant to the football side of the argument and whether Tony Romo or Manziel would have co-existed, fans screaming for Johnny Football and tied into the tired argument about JJ as a “real” GM…blah, blah, blah.

IF Dallas would have selected him AND he had the offseason he just had with the alleged partying and rolled-up dollar bill there would not be one story, blog or fan comment that would not tear JJ and the Cowboys apart for it.

The truth is, there is not one single thing Jerry Jones could do or the Dallas Cowboys could do that would change the narrative of “whatever they do, it must be wrong”, “mediocre franchise”, “worst GM in football”…blah, blah, blah.

Final thought for the haters…you want the title of “America’s Team” to be taken away? Try not commenting on every non-story your fed. Love them or hate them…good, bad or mediocre, they matter and it eats you up because you just can’t help yourselves.

51. kerzondax says: Jul 28, 2014 10:22 AM

You KNOW the only reason he did the smart thing was by mistake, right?

52. jerruhjones says: Jul 28, 2014 10:24 AM

Close only counts in horseshoes and hand grenades.

Keep up the great work Jerruh!

53. bobbyhoying says: Jul 28, 2014 10:31 AM

I think Jerry made one of his better non-decisions. I don’t think Manziel will ever come close to the productivity of Romo. As an Eagles fan, I wish they had drafted Manziel to add to the circus.

54. jayblack073 says: Jul 28, 2014 10:37 AM

Manziel will get traded to the Cowboys next offseason for a first round pick. Calling it now

55. cueghost says: Jul 28, 2014 11:05 AM

Cleveland will be looking to unload the Manziel show in about 2-3 years for a 2nd or 3rd round pick and Jerrah will be the first one in line.

56. ghost26 says: Jul 28, 2014 11:27 AM

The fact that Jerry Jones is even talking about this is an absolute joke. He’s the only owner who would actually ‘welcome’ the distraction of Manziel.

Distractions like Manziel never seem to pan out in the NFL & I believe the Browns will regret drafting him. There is nothing about his game that tells me he can be a quality NFL as a starer. He actually looks like Doug Flutie except Flutie didn’t bring a media circus w/ him wherever he went. He isn’t in college anymore & I expect him to take a beating whenever he sees the field in the NFL.

57. thegonz13 says: Jul 28, 2014 11:40 AM

Another week, another inane and irrelevant comment by Jerrah.

58. bluez32 says: Jul 28, 2014 11:43 AM

I wish they would have taken him .

Signed a life time die hard Browns fan who did not want anything to do with the spoiled little rich kid and the circus that follows him .

59. leagueobservr says: Jul 28, 2014 11:43 AM

Close doesn’t cut it, Jerruh. Either you do it, or you don’t. I thought for sure Manziel was destined for Dallas. His public lifestyle and the fact that he’s a Texas native would’ve made him a perfect fit in Dallas and I can’t imagine an owner more uniquely qualified to handle someone like Manziel…

60. govtminion says: Jul 28, 2014 11:45 AM

So you put up with a few years of Pacman making an ass of himself in every strip club in Dallas… and wanted to draft the quarterback version?

Jerry, come on man, you’re almost making it too easy to laugh at you at this point.

61. isphet71 says: Jul 28, 2014 11:52 AM

Considering how much of a clown Manziel has been this offseason, it’s certainly a good thing Jerruh didn’t take him. He would be getting destroyed in these comments. Even more so than normal if that’s possible.

62. benmunchen says: Jul 28, 2014 11:52 AM

He will be happy with the versatility of Martin…next year manziel will be an afterthought

63. granadafan says: Jul 28, 2014 12:01 PM

There’s no way the swelled heads of Manziel and Jerry Jones could fit in the cavernous Cowboy stadium at the same time. There’s only one egomanic allowed on the team, and that guy signs the paychecks.

64. eaglesnoles05 says: Jul 28, 2014 12:06 PM

I’m very surprised they didn’t take him. Jerry has made it clear that his #1 priority is ratings and publicity and fame and money making, and #2 is winning.

Making that point again talking about how he almost drafted Johnny, obviously on his mind with the noted low turn out of fans at Cowboys camp.

65. farmmbig says: Jul 28, 2014 12:08 PM

I would have loved to see Jones draft “Bieber-Boy”…

Then we could have seen him BUST in Dallas– on a real BIG stage– instead of Cleveland.

66. ravenswhat says: Jul 28, 2014 12:30 PM

Which come first, the cowboys making the playoffs or Johnny out of the NFL? I’m leaning Johnny’s way.

67. thenaturalmevs says: Jul 28, 2014 12:38 PM

Manziel isn’t going to be that good, or special. Jerry won’t make the same ‘mistake’ when he’s staring Jameis Winston in the face in about 9 months.

68. scotrugby says: Jul 28, 2014 12:49 PM

Unless Manziel can play defense, picking him would not have helped the Cowboys anyway, so I don’t understand why he felt the need to say this.

Other than Jerry just needs attention.

69. glac1 says: Jul 28, 2014 12:53 PM

The last few years Jerry Jones was “that close” to making the playoffs! LOL

70. kevinb73 says: Jul 28, 2014 1:03 PM

Even after reading all the comments I still don’t understand why we care if Jerry “came close” or not. This is such a non-story.

71. babygaga19 says: Jul 28, 2014 1:33 PM

Nice try Jerry. Does this give you the pub you were looking for?

72. tindeaux says: Jul 28, 2014 1:48 PM

he should. manziel can’t do worse than romo.

73. wnstonchill says: Jul 28, 2014 1:53 PM

Jones needs to focus on the Cowboys and NOW rather than what woulda’ been! He should be counting his lucky stars that even HE wasn’t dumb enough to waste that pick on li’l Johnny……

74. usedjock says: Jul 28, 2014 2:47 PM

mncowboysfan says:

Actually it doesn’t eat me up at all. I am a Packers fan and I get to enjoy a team that has strong leadership top to bottom and doesn’t embrace the circus like Jerruh does. You can have your nickname of “America’s team” I can care less because at the end of the day it is not about a nickname it is about winning. Sure we have had our issues lately not denying that but we have managed to win more than 50% of our games and have more than 1 playoff game in 20 years. Dallas has an owner/GM who seems to want the circus and whatever it takes to be a headline on ESPN more than winning.

75. drudema says: Jul 28, 2014 4:21 PM

I love Jerry. I do man. I loved Al Davis. I love Daniel Snyder. And nobody wants that bat crap crazy Donald Trump to get a team more than me. I love all the egotistical attention seeking media darlings and out of touch nut job owners. Every one of them. As long as they don’t buy my team. I want football people to run my team.

76. simonator917 says: Jul 28, 2014 5:12 PM

If ever a player and team owner were made for each other!

I remember when the Raiders passed on Dan Marino because they already had Marc Wilson, so they took . . . an offensive lineman. I’m not saying Johnny will have the same kind of career as Marino, but I do think this decision will come back to haunt good ole Jerruh.

BTW Not a Cowboys fan.

77. chaney13 says: Jul 28, 2014 5:59 PM

At what pint does does all Jones’ talk about Manziel become tampering?

78. ialwayswantedtobeabanker says: Jul 28, 2014 8:04 PM

Jerry would have been cleaning Manziel’s (sun)glasses

79. Youknowimright says: Jul 29, 2014 12:07 PM

Nobody cares. Jerry Jones has made his team irrelevant.

——————————————–
    And yet you come in here and comment on a team that no one cares about. Interesting!

80. jsrdc says: Jul 29, 2014 3:19 PM

Ohhhh how the press LOVES the bait and switch. And, of course the haters, just like a mouse to cheese, can’t gobble up what the press feeds them fast enough. WHY aren’t the OTHER teams that passed on Manziel being interviewed as to why they passed on him? Please – anybody?

Jones CORRECTLY passed on Johnny train wreck. But, the press and the haters could care less that Jones passed on Manziel because Jones only gets the credit when it is negative. Johnny Manziel is partying in Vegas, rolling up dollar bills in bathrooms. What feeding frenzy it WOULD have been. But Jones ASTUTELY passed on him and took the SOLID player in Martin. And of course all they want to talk about is the fact that he passed on him, not give him credit for doing so. Passing on Manziel will pay dividends, and the haters know it but won’t admit it.

Cleveland Coach Mike Pettine said “He did nothing illegal” during his first trip to Vegas. But for the second trip with the dollar bill being rolled in the bathroom? NOW the Cleveland brass is beginning to worry, and rightly so.

This kid has a lot of talent, but also has an affinity for the spotlight. Cleveland is as good a chance as any for him to succeed, but his persona may very well do him in. I predicted a bust out of Manziel, and he has doing nothing thus far to put that prediction to rest.

81. jsrdc says: Jul 29, 2014 3:30 PM

@babygaga19,

“Once again, desperate JJ doing anything to keep his name in the headlights. Romo is a solid qb. You dont draft a qb 1 unless you are going to play him. First round selections do not sit on the bench for 4 years.

Nice try Jerry. Does this give you the pub you were looking for?”

WRONG. it is the PRESS that is desperate for anything from Jones, and they refuse to let go the topic of “passing on Manziel”. Jones was asked about Manziel. It wasn’t voluntarily discussed. Manziel in Dallas would have been a media feeding frenzy, yet they are still doing their best to get whatever traction they can from it. It should be a non-issue, but Florio is STILL upset by what could have been with Jones passing on Manziel. It is obvious Florio just can’t let it go.

Martin was the smart (and correct) pick. But Jerry won’t get any credit for it. All anybody wants to talk about is him passing on Manziel. It is pathetic, but true.

Time for the press and the haters to move on. There is nothing to see here.

82. jsrdc says: Jul 29, 2014 3:42 PM

@ ghost26 says:
    Jul 28, 2014 11:27 AM
    “The fact that Jerry Jones is even talking about this is an absolute joke. He’s the only owner who would actually ‘welcome’ the distraction of Manziel”.

Uhhhhh, if that were true, then why did Cleveland draft him? EVERY team knew the pros and cons of Manziel, and that is why several teams passed on him, including Cleveland initially when they could have had him in the top 10.

The fact that Jones is talking about it is because he was ASKED about it. NO OTHER OWNER is as sought after by the press as Jones. Is he supposed to say “no comment”? This is a two way street, and the press asking the questions is the joke. It isn’t relevant, the draft is long gone, but the press continues to be so desperate to keep the topic alive because they feel it is controversial. Any other owner simply isn’t worth asking about it according to the press.

83. howleyesque says: Jul 30, 2014 2:38 PM

@jsrdc- Right on! But, trying to speak logically and/or reasonably with most of the people on here is a waste of time. Like the one up there who thinks JJ hired a coach named Jimmy JONES… NO, NEVER. The man’s name was Jimmy JOHNSON. And after success in Dallas, he went to Miami, and did WHAT? Oh, but let’s all just IGNORE that part of the story, as it doesn’t fit the narrative.

84. 24k24k007 says: Aug 1, 2014 6:17 AM

WOW, THE BROWNS DO IT AGAIN, CAN THEY EVER GET THEIR QB PICKS RIGHT? WHO WANTS JOHNNY MANZIEL? HES NOT A GOOD QB, PERIOD! HE CAN NOT THROW UNLESS HE IS RUNNING, EVEN IN COLLEGE HE WAS SAVED 9OUT OF 10 TIMES BY MIKE EVENS THROWING HAIL MARY’S AT THE 50 YARD LINE, THE BROWNS ARE NEVER GOING TO PICK SMART AT THE QUARTERBACK POSITION, TO THEIR CREDIT THE BEST QB N THE DRAFT WAS TAKEN BEFORE THEY WERE ALLOWED TO DRAFT “BLAKE BORTLES”. EVERYONE IS HYPING THIS CLASS UP SO MUCH, WANTING ANOTHER 2012 CLASS SO DESERATLY WE SAY THIS IS IT, THE BREATH OF FRESH AIR WE NEED FROM THE 2013 FLOP, I AM HEAR TO SAY, NOT O BUT HELL NO THAT IS NOT TRUE, THE MOST TALENTED PLAYERS IN THE DRAFT WERE BORTLES BRIDGEWATER “AND IM NOT SURE ABOUT HIM” AND MIKE EVENS. MY MAIN QUESTION IS HOW DO YOU PICK A 30YEAR OLD ROOKIE IN BRANDON WEEDEN THAT WAS NOT EVEN THOUGHT TO BE A FIRST ROUND PICK, PASS UP ON RUSSELL WILSON, NICK FOLES, KIRK COUSINS , BROCK OSWEILER, MATT SCOTT, MATT SIMMS, AND CHANDLER HARNISH? THAT WAS CONFUSING ENOUGH FOR THE TIME, BUT NOW TO KNOW THAT HISTORY HAS JUST REPEATED ITS SELF IN THE TAKING OF JOHNNY MANZIEL WHO IS GOING TO PROVE TO BE THE CLOSEST THING TO RYAN LEAF WE HAVE SEEN SINCE THE HORRID PICK I KNEW WOULD TURN OUT TO BE AS BAD AS HE DID. I CAN SEE TALENT, HOW THE REST OF THE WORLD CAN’T SEPERATE THE GOOD FROM THE GREAT HAS ALWAYS CONFUSED ME. WHEN YOU LOOK AT A PLAYER REALLY TRY TO LOOK AT HIM, HIS MECHANICS, FOOT WORK, UTILIZATION OF THE FIELD, AND AWARNESS, AND THE BEST IVE EVER SEEN ARE TWO PEOPLE! AND THEY BOTH WERE IN THE 2012 DRAFT LUCK AND RG3, I CAN’T SAY NE IS ANY BETTER THAN THE OTHER, WE HAVE NOT SEEN PLAYERS LIKE THIS EVER, AND TO SEE TWO GO IN THE SAME DRAFT AND ONE AFTER ANOTHER WAS SOMETHING SPECIAL TO SEE, AND WE ARE NOT GOING TO SEE ANYTHING LIKE THAT AGAIN FOR A LONG TIME, SO PLEASE DO NOT BE LOOKING FOR THAT IN JOHNNY MANZIEL, JUST NO THE GUY IS NOT THE FUTURE OF CLEVLAND AND YOU WILL NOT HAVE LOST ANYTHING.