Knowshon Moreno unsure how soon he’ll be able to play

knowshon AP

Dolphins running back Knowshon Moreno hasn’t practiced since arthroscopic knee surgery in June, and he’s not sure when he’ll be able to go.

Asked if he’ll be able to play at some point in the preseason, Moreno told the Miami Herald, “I don’t know. I don’t know. I really don’t even know. I just want to take each day one at a time. They have a schedule for me and they’re just going to tell me every day what I have to do, and I just go out there and do it.”

Moreno signed a one-year, $3 million contract with the Dolphins in March, with $1.25 million guaranteed. But it’s looking increasingly like a running back who was already on the roster, Lamar Miller, will be the Dolphins’ starter. Moreno said he’s unconcerned about who wins the starting job.

“To tell you truth, I’m not even worried about that,” Moreno said. “That’s not my decision. The only thing I can do is what I do out here on the field and get better each day. Whatever the decision the coaches make, it’s the decision the coaches make. But at the same time, I feel like any one in that backfield, any one of those backs, can be a starter or help this team in some way.”

The Dolphins hope Moreno can help the team soon.

Permalink 26 Comments Feed for comments Latest Stories in: Miami Dolphins, Rumor Mill, Top Stories
26 Responses to “Knowshon Moreno unsure how soon he’ll be able to play”
  1. guvsta says: Aug 2, 2014 7:05 AM

Unless the o-line comes together no one will be running for anything. Just one off season, I’d like not to worry about piecing together an offensive line!

2. bassplucker says: Aug 2, 2014 7:12 AM

Is this guy ever not injured? Very questionable signing by the Fins IMO.

3. ebr362 says: Aug 2, 2014 7:47 AM

Did his signing come with a receipt? If so, return him!

4. lostsok says: Aug 2, 2014 8:00 AM

I don’t think Moreno was ever going to be “the guy.” He’s a blocking back first and foremost. Hopefully he’s healthy and can give Tannehill that extra moment to make throws.

Miami needs Miller to step up. His development is FAR more important that Moreno’s contribution. Moreno is a middling back as a pure runner. He can contribute. But even in Denver he was just a committee back as a runner, and contributed more to their offense as a receiver and backfield blocker.

I have hopes for DamiEn Williams, whose build and skillset is very similar to Moreno.

5. keepongronking says: Aug 2, 2014 8:08 AM

He sucks.

6. babygaga19 says: Aug 2, 2014 8:17 AM

God, I am glad he’s not Denver’s problem anymore.

7. daggolden says: Aug 2, 2014 8:38 AM

This shows how great Peyton is. He even got this guy to be a stud.

8. orthomarine says: Aug 2, 2014 8:44 AM

He’s here to block and be a change of pace RB

we could not stop a 3rd down blitz to save tanney’s life last year

Be patient… I’ve been a DolFan for a long time… So I know the pain, but if can’t control it, don’t let it control you…

Kick off’s tomorrow night, fire up the grills, grab a frosty beverage… ITS BACK!!!

9. Most of you would be rapturous if your team won just one measly Super Bowl. We won it once, then again, and again, and again, yet again, oh, look, another one. You shrivel in our shadow. We define greatness. We built the NFL. We are the Steelers. says: Aug 2, 2014 9:09 AM

Just retire, loser.

10. ragnarthemagnificent says: Aug 2, 2014 9:39 AM

Dolphins are one of those teams that is hard to figure out. They have a good young QB and lots of talent but just can’t put it together.

11. davetrembley says: Aug 2, 2014 10:02 AM

By changing just one letter in his name, he could be called “Knowshow” Moreno instead of Knowshon.

12. abninf says: Aug 2, 2014 10:02 AM

Is that his real name?

13. tjacks7 says: Aug 2, 2014 10:08 AM

My guess is when he resigns with a team QB’d by Peyton Manning. Otherwise it’s likely he won’t do a whole lot like most of his career.

14. jchipwood says: Aug 2, 2014 10:18 AM

Good thing they only signed this clown for 1 year.

15. jvw1982 says: Aug 2, 2014 10:22 AM

Sounds like he signed this one yr contract to rehab then go on the market again when healthy….looks like the Fins got fleeced for a million and free medical care……

16. mightbegoingtohellforthis says: Aug 2, 2014 10:43 AM

One and done with the Dolphins.

17. largent80100 says: Aug 2, 2014 12:02 PM

Oh the 2009 draft class.

At least he is cheap for the Dolphins, but Miami is the land where RBs go to die (and most free agents too, only behind Jokeland).

18. link49 says: Aug 2, 2014 12:09 PM

what a big mistake from the GM apprentice Ireland when he let go R. Bush in FA

19. turnmymicup says: Aug 2, 2014 12:13 PM

When we signed him I never thought he was going to be the piece to take us over the hump. Our OLINE is the problem and will continue to be until fixed. So the fact that he is hurt is irrelevant.

20. mshawn75 says: Aug 2, 2014 12:33 PM

“No Show” Moreno, just another bust.

21. southstandsjunkie says: Aug 2, 2014 12:48 PM

As much as I appreciate the season and effort Knowshon Moreno gave Denver last season, it’s looking like they made the right move in letting him walk.

First, running backs tend to look better than they are when Peyton Manning is the QB, second Knowshon was in a contract year and was playing to get paid, and third when you look at Knowshon’s overall body of work for his career, it’s been littered with injuries and inconsistency.

I think Denver got Knowshon’s best last season. He had 1,038 yards rushing and 10 rushing TDs and added 60 receptions for 548 yards receiving and 3 receiving TDs.

Now Knowshon is right back to being banged up and not being able to counted on to stay healthy or play when not at 100%

Knowshon didn’t get anywhere near the contract he was expecting this offseason and he already looks out of shape and uninspired.

I hope Knowshon does well in Miami or wherever else he plays, as I don’t have anything against him and appreciate the effort he gave Denver last season.

22. Commenting off the bench. . . says: Aug 2, 2014 12:56 PM

By Knowshon saying he isn’t sure when he can play, I’ll take that as the team doctors telling him he will be out for quite a while. My guess is he shows up game 2 or 3. Nothing spectacular, but he will contribute.

23. VenerableAxiom says: Aug 2, 2014 2:28 PM

I’m far more excited to see what Miller does this season than Moreno. The kid has the ability to take to the house at any moment. Moreno’s signing was for a rotation/situational back anyway.

24. riverhorsey says: Aug 2, 2014 2:28 PM

My eyes just squirted tears 2 feet !

25. tical312 says: Aug 2, 2014 3:53 PM

Nice team South Beach. Can you say last place in the AFC East?

26. skawh says: Aug 2, 2014 4:27 PM

Wow, did things go down hill quickly for Moreno after being sandwiched between 2 Hawks and immediately having to exit the SB for the remainder of the game…that was a tough kidney shot he took!