Kenny Vaccaro guarantees a Super Bowl win (not really)

Vaccaro AP

When interviewing players, the goal is to make news. Saints safety Kenny Vaccaro recently tried to help us out, sort of.

To cap a sit-down in White Sulphur Springs, West Virginia, where the Saints are holding three weeks of camp at The Greenbrier resort, Vaccaro was goaded into saying something controversial.

“Give me something that will make a good headline, a good quote from Kenny Vaccaro,” I said. “‘I guarantee the Saints will win the Super Bowl this year,’ something like that.”

“I don’t know, man,” Vaccaro said.

“How about, ‘I guarantee the Saints will win the Super Bowl,’ I’m giving it to you,” I replied. “‘I guarantee the Saints will win the Super Bowl.'”

“I guarantee the Saints will win the Super Bowl,” Vaccaro said.

For various answers given not in jest, watch the entire interview.

Permalink 23 Comments Feed for comments Latest Stories in: Home, New Orleans Saints, Rumor Mill
23 Responses to “Kenny Vaccaro guarantees a Super Bowl win (not really)”
  1. burtmurphy1 says: Aug 3, 2014 5:15 PM

Falcons fan, full disclosure, but I like this kid.

Heady football player, and mature beyond his years. And this “story” isn’t really a story, but a good all around interview.

Good player/kid though. I don’t mind him making a name for himself, just not against the falcons.

2. seahawksfansince2013 says: Aug 3, 2014 5:16 PM

The saints will have a good year. That is until they run into the brick wall, that is the Seattle Seahawks, in the playoffs. #12thmanisheretostay #dynastybeforeyoureyes

3. vikesr4reel says: Aug 3, 2014 5:42 PM

The see hawks are a one hit wonder
    Book it Sally!!

4. nclrbrt says: Aug 3, 2014 5:42 PM

seahawksfansince2013 says:
    Aug 3, 2014 5:16 PM

0 5
    ———————————————————–
    The screen name says it all.
    Bears fan since 1963.

5. 941bucs says: Aug 3, 2014 5:52 PM

Man they have a damn good chance. im tellin you guys, watch out for the rookie known as brandin cooks. as a bucs fan, I strongly believe he takes ROTY, and drew breezy throwin him the ball dont hurt! Due to all the niners injuries, look for saints and seahawks in the nfc championship game. 1 month to go people!!!

6. saintsfan1111 says: Aug 3, 2014 6:27 PM

The kid is a beast.

7. calininerfan says: Aug 3, 2014 6:48 PM

Gee, Florio tried to make a funny. This kid though will be a good safety for the Saints.

8. seahawkboymike says: Aug 3, 2014 6:51 PM

The Saints were outscored 57-22 in 2 meetings with the Seahawks last year. Neither game was close. The Saints were physically dominated by the much bigger, faster, stronger and better coached Seahawks. Below, I will list the things the Saints did in the offseason to close that gap:

Nothing. And the Seahawks got better.

9. djshnooks says: Aug 3, 2014 7:01 PM

Jairus Byrd is good for about 5 games.

Better hope those are at the beginning of the year and not the end of the year.

The Bills know when to let overrated safeties go, just look at Whitner…he got to a Super Bowl and blew it for his team.

Although I will say…Byrd > Whitner 1000X!

10. ericn42000 says: Aug 3, 2014 7:02 PM

Keep dreaming Kenny cause the Cowboys are winning the Super Bowl this year!!#keephatin#iluvitalluhatersoutthere

11. swampdawg80 says: Aug 3, 2014 7:50 PM

Vaccaro is a beast! Hope the secondary plays well and get turnovers. Keenan Lewis and Byrd will ball out while Cam Jordan and Junior Gallette get to the qb. Stay healthy and the Saints have a good chance. Seattle, will be there along with the Pack and a bounce back team.

12. seahawkfanfrom1970s says: Aug 3, 2014 8:01 PM

Now I can understand the back-and-forth between the fans of two GOOD teams, the Saints and the Seahawks. After all, both are fine, professional organizations.

But why oh WHY am I hearing the mousesqueaks of VIKING fans, of all people, interloping on this thread? GOOD LORD…They should run along and camp out in threads more on the level of their own team, such as, threads about Pop Warner football.

13. saintswin says: Aug 3, 2014 9:05 PM

Saints about to Shock and Awhhh on both sides of the ball! Brandon Cooks is the real deal and he slipped all the way to 20th!

14. mdd913 says: Aug 3, 2014 9:27 PM

seahawkboymike says: Aug 3, 2014 6:51 PM

Nothing. And the Seahawks got better.

——————————————————————
    Um….if the Saints don’t miss 2 field goals that playoff game is 16-14 early in the 4th quarter. Dominated? No, not really.

15. nowillrepeat says: Aug 3, 2014 10:46 PM

Why dont you come to the Dome for once shehawks? See how tough you really are.

16. whodat82 says: Aug 4, 2014 12:57 AM

Seahawks wouldn’t stand a chance in the dome.

17. sb44champs says: Aug 4, 2014 8:08 AM

Seahawks would NEVER beat the Saints away from Seattle…. that’s what so funny about Seattle

18. gwclsutigers says: Aug 4, 2014 2:43 PM

well I have to agree that Seattle does not have a chance in the Super Dome and I see both teams going 13-3 and the Saints well have a better conference than the Seahawks so the game will be in the Super Dome and we all know who’s going to win that one and be Super Bowl bound

19. gwclsutigers says: Aug 4, 2014 2:47 PM

one of you guys said the Saints did not do anything in the off season and that’s a crook they got better on offense by get Cooks at 20 all with several other draft picks in the too and on defense they got the best safety in the league in Byrd to go with Vacarro and the future hall of Fame in Champ Baily so look out NFL the New Orleans Saint are marching all the way

20. saintswin says: Aug 4, 2014 3:05 PM

I have some extra Dollar$$$ in my pocket to throw into a pot for a few EXTRA HARD licks on those Viking Quaterbacks on week 3. …. LOL!

21. madddogg365 says: Aug 4, 2014 3:38 PM

mdd913 says:Aug 3, 2014 9:27 PM

seahawkboymike says: Aug 3, 2014 6:51 PM

Nothing. And the Seahawks got better.

I guess Seattle LOSING 8 key starters to you is better but when you aren’t used to winning consistantly you may be right.

22. drunkwino says: Aug 4, 2014 4:45 PM

Jumping Jesus on a pogo stick, would you third rate hacks quit stealing pftpoet’s superinsanefan shtick. You really really suck at it.

23. simonator917 says: Aug 4, 2014 5:09 PM

Not a Pats or Saints fan but I think the Pats beat the Saints in Super Bowl 49.