Brett Favre confirms 2015 Packers HOF, jersey retirement

Green Bay Packers vs Philadelphia Eagles - October 2, 2006 Getty Images

On Sunday evening, the Packers released a statement about a Monday announcement concerning the team’s Hall of Fame and Brett Favre.

It didn’t take Thomas Magnum to put two and two together and guess that the Packers would be announcing the date that Favre would be enshrined alongside other Packer greats. One could also speculate that there might be some word about when the team would retire Favre’s No. 4, especially since CEO Mark Murphy had spoken about conversations with Favre about the topic.

The announcement is set for Monday afternoon, but Favre spilled the beans on his website Sunday night. He’ll be entering the Hall and having his jersey retired in 2015.

“I’m pleased to announce that I will be returning to Green Bay, Wisconsin in 2015 for induction into the Green Bay Packers Hall of Fame and retirement of my jersey. It was a tremendous honor to play 16 years for the Green Bay Packers. Now to have my name placed among others such as Starr, Hornung, Kramer, Taylor, Lambeau, Nitschke, Lombardi, Davis, White and Hutson is a special honor that I share with all of my teammates and coaches, and that would not have been possible but for the foresight of Ron Wolf, the greatest GM In the history of the NFL. I’m truly looking forward to celebrating and sharing this special moment with all of the great fans of the Green Bay Packers.”

With a call to Canton almost certainly coming in 2016, there will be plenty of celebrations of his career in the near future but none figure to be more memorable than his return to the Packers fold next year.

Permalink 100 Comments Feed for comments Latest Stories in: Green Bay Packers, Rumor Mill, Top Stories
100 Responses to “Brett Favre confirms 2015 Packers HOF, jersey retirement”
  1. mjs2012 says: Aug 4, 2014 7:07 AM

Was that Ron Wolf comment a subtle dig at Thompson?

2. dfwhawkguy says: Aug 4, 2014 7:12 AM

Will he go in wearing a Packers or Viking jersey? Jets?

3. canucks30 says: Aug 4, 2014 7:22 AM

“Even in past years, when I wasn’t in the Super Bowl, I wished I was.”

-Brett Favre

4. canucks30 says: Aug 4, 2014 7:22 AM

“I’ve seen a lot of people jump on and off my bandwagon”

-Brett Favre

5. canucks30 says: Aug 4, 2014 7:23 AM

“Wisconsin’s a special place.”

-Brett Favre

6. canucks30 says: Aug 4, 2014 7:24 AM

“I’m not perfect.”

-Brett Favre

7. petecarrolmorelikecheatpayroll says: Aug 4, 2014 7:25 AM

There’s gonna be a mixed bag of emotions in the stands during his announcement. Everything from cheers, boos and tears will be seen and heard. This Packer fan here forgives his actions, and wishes him the best.

8. canucks30 says: Aug 4, 2014 7:26 AM

“I think the 16 years that I spent in Green Bay speaks for itself.”

-Brett Favre

9. gtodriver says: Aug 4, 2014 7:32 AM

Finally!

Should have been done a long time ago.

Hopefully the boo birds will be smart enough to keep their traps shut that day.

Favre gave the Packers 16 years and brought them from 25 years of infamy back to respectability.

Yes, he had some help.

It’s an earned honored that is long overdue.

10. canucks30 says: Aug 4, 2014 7:37 AM

“I knew my dad would want me to play, I love him so much and love this game. It has meant a great deal to me, to my dad and to my family. I didn’t expect this type of performance but I know he was watching.”

-Brett Favre

11. canucks30 says: Aug 4, 2014 7:38 AM

Brett “The Hitman” Farve

12. ctiggs says: Aug 4, 2014 7:40 AM

#Nobodyhasitbetter

13. jafo1265 says: Aug 4, 2014 7:46 AM

The person most responsible for delaying Favre’s return to Green Bay has been Favre himself. Not the fans, not Rodgers, not Thompson.

14. bergencountyjc says: Aug 4, 2014 7:54 AM

Swing low, sweet chariot; Comin’ for to carry me home.

15. jhein23 says: Aug 4, 2014 7:56 AM

Like him or hate him when you think of the decade of the 90’s Favre is on the list alongside Seinfeld, Friends, Jeter, etc. The 2000’s is when the love fest from Madden to Millen to Berman to Peter King got to his head and he became a drama queen.

16. billclintonspetkraken says: Aug 4, 2014 7:59 AM

Let’s be real here, did anyone think that the Packers would’ve let anyone wear #4, even if it didn’t retire?

This isn’t Dallas, where they recycle HOFer’s numbers…

17. babygaga19 says: Aug 4, 2014 8:00 AM

Funny, why not retire it in 2014?

18. aa1829 says: Aug 4, 2014 8:01 AM

I have been a Packer fan since 1959, and I have very strong feelings, and a strong opinion about this guy. I could support my opinions with comments about him being a pic machine, single handedly knocking us out of the playoffs, his texting habits, his drug addition, his womanizing, and especially his vendetta against my beloved Packers, so on and so forth, but I won’t. Let me just say that this is one life long, and loyal to a fault Packer fan that is sickened by the thought of this man being honored in Green Bay, as if he had lived up to the standards set by Taylor, Starr et al, and I will be especially be sickened by seeing his name on the ring of HONOR. I have seen my last game in GB. Over and out.

19. nickynick04 says: Aug 4, 2014 8:01 AM

It is time to bring Brett Favre back home.
    He is one of the greatest QBs of all time. He turned around a bad franchise. And helped make it what it is today. Over the past 25 years , the Packers are one of the winninest teams in the NFL.
    He is the NFLs IRONMAN in games played in a row. He holds almost every record there is.
    Welcome back Brett.

20. f1restarter says: Aug 4, 2014 8:06 AM

Favre had an amazing career until he decided to taint it by hooking up with that classless, trophyless, second-rate team that plays just west of the great state of Wisconsin.

If he admits that horrible mistake during his speech, I think more Packer fans might be inclined to forgive and forget.

21. irishgary says: Aug 4, 2014 8:08 AM

On his website he still couldn’t resist getting a shot in at TT. “Wolf is the greatest GM ever”?

Give Wolf credit for getting the Packers, back on track, but Wolf groomed TT and they both have the same number of SB rings.

Favre is a tool.

22. myasylum11 says: Aug 4, 2014 8:12 AM

“Ron Wolf, the greatest GM in the history of the NFL”

Oh, the sting!

It might be me, but he still seems awfully bitter about the whole situation.

It seems the issue is more about Favre/Thompson then any thing else.

23. burrito12 says: Aug 4, 2014 8:14 AM

” I share with all of my teammates and coaches, and that would not have been possible but for the foresight of Ron Wolf, the greatest GM in the history of the NFL”

Favre still couldn’t help taking a jab at Ted Thompson could he?

24. justafanofitall says: Aug 4, 2014 8:14 AM

Glad to hear they are finally going to get this done. He gave us 16 years of great fan football. It seems that fans are dwelling on the unfortunate departure and not what really counts in Packer Country. We shouldn’t let this be a Pete Rose type of story (Pete is always associated with betting not the great player he was). I for one wish Brett never got old…he was so much fun to watch.

25. myasylum11 says: Aug 4, 2014 8:16 AM

Farve is a football player, not a priest!

26. wiskybuck says: Aug 4, 2014 8:17 AM

Packers fans have forgotten and forgivin Favre for his time in Minn. Retiring his # last year would have been too soon. This is perfect timing…Packer HOF 2015, NFL HOF 2016.

27. revelation123 says: Aug 4, 2014 8:18 AM

The NFL’s unquestioned Iron Man and one of the best QBs of all time.

28. fixedgame says: Aug 4, 2014 8:22 AM

One more record For Farve. He turned the best fan base from the best to the most dis respectful.
    Love the Packers but can’t stand the packer fan any more.

29. jimnsota says: Aug 4, 2014 8:23 AM

Statistically #4’s best year as a pro. Let’s play guess the team he was on.

G Att Comp Pct Att/G Yds Avg Yds/G TD TD% Int Int% Lng 20+ 40+ Sck SckY Rate

16 531 363 68.4 33.2 4,202 7.9 262.6 33 6.2 7 1.3 63 52 13 34 247 107.2

The curse of #4 has officially begun. Way to cave in cow town.

30. wtfru2 says: Aug 4, 2014 8:23 AM

I’m a Viking fan and I believe this is not only the right thing to do for Brett but it should have been done sooner. I would have given anything to have him on my team for 16 years!

If any one of your fan base boos him, they should be thrown out of the stadium and never allowed in again. Anyone that doesn’t appreciate what Brett has done, is not a football fan, period…..

31. jetsbandwagon says: Aug 4, 2014 8:33 AM

Farve was the third greatest QB of all time (behind Namath and Sanchez)! He would have won a Super Bowl with the Jets had it not been for the league screwing the God’s Team! But Geno is on his way to being greater than him! I could not ask for a better history and team!

#JetsDynasty
    #GodsTeam
    #TheFabFour

32. grayone77 says: Aug 4, 2014 8:46 AM

I heard Brett’s jersey is waffling about its retirement

33. codythao35 says: Aug 4, 2014 9:03 AM

We know those packer clowns in little town WI can and will nevvvvver forgive any body. Trolls will BOOOOO Favre bc he played for other teams. Cheese heads like to say Aaron is the best qb when he plays for them but would describe Aaron the worse qb in history when he goes to play for another team. Mark my word.

34. packerbackernj says: Aug 4, 2014 9:03 AM

That is in no way a dig at Thompson. Ron Wolfe’s belief in Brett was deep. He wanted to draft him to the Jets, but the Falcons selected him with the pick right before. Next year, as Favre toiled on the Falcons bench, Wolfe moved to Green Bay and got his QB. If it wasn’t for Ron Wolfe, Favre’s career could have gone a lot different. Ted Thompson learned from Ron Wolfe, so how is saying the Teacher is better then the student an insult?

35. longtimefanhtr says: Aug 4, 2014 9:06 AM

The way he jerked the Packers and the fans around at the end didn’t please me but his 16 years on the field did. He belongs in the Packer and the NFL Hall of fame.

36. jimthebuilder27 says: Aug 4, 2014 9:06 AM

A dig at Thompson? Really guys?

Ron Wolf took the risk of trading a 1st rounder for a backup QB and also signed the biggest free agent ever (Reggie White) and got a coach who worked well with Favre (Mike Holmgren) AND helped him get a Super Bowl.

Additionally he groomed and mentored Ted Thompson. Use your head guys!

And Packers fans are still the best in the game, most have moved on and forgiven Brett and will welcome him home.

37. idontknowanythingaboutthat says: Aug 4, 2014 9:06 AM

Welcome home Favre. Don’t worry about the haters. There are more true fans than there are morons.

38. fjd10 says: Aug 4, 2014 9:12 AM

The most fun QB to watch. I wish he was still playing. Some Packer fans are really the most classless individuals. They are certainly not as thankful as they should be because I can remember when Green Bay was known to NFL players as a place to be sent as punishment. Things changed with Favre being there. They became relevant again. Favre deserves every good accolade that comes his way from playing in Green Bay and any where else that he played. Whether the Packers or anyone else wants to admit it the guy was bigger than the NFL for a long time. That is why he dominated the media coverage.

39. tooz72 says: Aug 4, 2014 9:14 AM

he was the ultimate gun slinger

40. skimbell says: Aug 4, 2014 9:15 AM

I’m just wondering if the Packers do retire Favre’s jersey, can they bring it back a couple of times later on if they change their mind or decide they need it for some other player?

41. longtimefanhtr says: Aug 4, 2014 9:20 AM

The product Thompson inherited was better than the one Wolf did. So I agree Wolf was probably the better GM. Both we are lucky to have had both.

42. wegogreenbay says: Aug 4, 2014 9:24 AM

Welcome back, B. Favre! Go Pack! Haters go’n hate!

43. knucklehead93 says: Aug 4, 2014 9:25 AM

As a former Packer fan, I ditched that organization for the Vikings as soon as Favre signed there. I like the Vikings much better.

Viking fanbase is much nicer, more down to earth. Packer fans are not fun to be around at all.

44. rdav29 says: Aug 4, 2014 9:35 AM

So he’s not coming back?

45. psj3809 says: Aug 4, 2014 9:39 AM

An amazing QB, was great to watch him his whole career. From his early playoff battles against Aikman to his amazing Pro Bowl years.

Think he was a bit of a throwback QB really, threw quite a few passes he shouldnt have and had a lot of ints his early years but that was part of the fun watching him.

Despite being a Raiders fan it was amazing to see him have that game against Oakland the day after his dad passed away.

Its a shame when great players like this leave the NFL. Even with the Jets he had some good games (before his injury which he tried to play through and had a poor second half to the year) and that comeback year with the Vikes when everyone said he should have retired. I’m sure Packers fans will give him a great send-off

46. codythao35 says: Aug 4, 2014 9:40 AM

Oh that’s right, packer trolls didn’t want to relive the 07 Championship bc they’re going to get tortured and once again raised from hell. I feel pity for a pathetic franchise and what painful fans have to go through. LOL!!!!!!!

47. ptisme says: Aug 4, 2014 9:45 AM

“Funny, why not retire it in 2014?”

The Packers HOF is being torn apart and rebuilt in a different part of the stadium. The Packers want to coincide inducting Favre with the grand reopening of the HOF…. Also the rumor was BF wasn’t ready to come back yet this year….

48. tangysizzl says: Aug 4, 2014 9:51 AM

Viking fans love to point out that Favre had his best statistical season as a Viking and that’s great but it just goes to show that playing in a dome for 8+ games a year is easier than playing outdoors most of the time.

Viking fans will see that when they play the next 2 years at TFC Bank Stadium. Everything is easier without the elements and you know it, or you will soon enough.

49. louderthanwords1 says: Aug 4, 2014 9:52 AM

I think people are reading more into the Wolf comment. Lets not forget that when Wolf traded for Favre not only was Favre a drunken party animal who had done nothing positive in the NFL Green Bay doctors thought Favre’s career would be shortened by hip issue and failed him on the physical. Wolf then took Favre to be examined by surgeon Pat McKenzie who said Favre could have problems in 4 or 5 years but nothing immediately. Wolf then had team doctors pass Favre because he felt 4 or 5 years of Favre was worth it.
    Now you take that and from where Favre sits right now for the gamble Wolf took on him it’s easy to see why Favre would say Wolf is the best GM. I bet Favre would be willing to say Holmgren is the best coach too and thats not a slight to McCarthy.

50. snaxdsp says: Aug 4, 2014 10:01 AM

aa1829 says:
    Aug 4, 2014 8:01 AM

Like the great standard Hornung set by being suspended from the NFL for gambling? You weren’t sickened by the guy when he was winning all those games for you huh? You hypocrite!

51. jabbadonut says: Aug 4, 2014 10:02 AM

I thought Green Bay handled Favre badly at the end. And he certainly proved that with Minnesota. However, he should be embraced by that organization (the Packers) now, and apparently that will be so. He deserves to be in the HOF, and I bet the Atlanta Falcons (my team) are still kicking themselves for letting him get away.

52. puntonfirstdown says: Aug 4, 2014 10:03 AM

After six years of stomach churning, now I can sleep better at night, knowing all is well with the universe once more.

53. axespray says: Aug 4, 2014 10:05 AM

Pretty cool.

54. hodag54501 says: Aug 4, 2014 10:10 AM

Bart Starr was a HOF QB for the Packers. He also became head coach. He flopped as a head coach and was fired after a near fan revolt. He had bitter feelings for the Packers. Several years later the team honored the first Super Bowl team. Starr, as leader of the players, was wildly cheered, and it was his first official return to Green Bay. He has since returned to near God status in Green Bay.
    So Favre’s return is similar in some ways. You need to see what he did ON THE FIELD for Packers and realize he deserves to stand there with Starr and all the other Packers greats.
    The haters reveal more about themselves than Favre.

55. diveleft says: Aug 4, 2014 10:19 AM

I am sure they will welcome Brent back with open arms.

56. Frazier28/7 says: Aug 4, 2014 10:19 AM

Good! That dude deserves it for his contribution to the green bay packers and their fans.

57. grinhea says: Aug 4, 2014 10:40 AM

I think a lot of NFL players have had their share of bad media…to be honest, as a Packers fan I don’t care really what he did in his personal life. For the season he played in Minnesota it was definitely tough, but he wanted to keep playing football and at the end of the day made a business decision to do so where he could.

He deserves to be in the HOF for the talent he has and displayed in GB and after GB. Period. Regardless of how you feel about him as a person, the HOF is not a character evaluation.

58. irishmanknowsall says: Aug 4, 2014 10:42 AM

Well, gee, I for one am going to sleep better tonight. This has plagued me for years…..

59. chaney13 says: Aug 4, 2014 10:54 AM

he’s just a football player. know what he deserves? what he was paid to play. he should just shut up and enjoy whatever gravy comes after. i hope that he is boo’d for his own slap in the face to the packers fans for desperately desiring, and going, to the vikings, just to spite the team for preparing for his retirement, and the perpetual game of “will i or won’t i” what a whiny little b@tch

60. mrgdawg says: Aug 4, 2014 11:14 AM

The man was a competitor. He left everything he had on the field. This honor is well deserved.

61. weepingjebus says: Aug 4, 2014 11:17 AM

If you go on his official website, you can see a picture of him with a full white beard that makes him look 80 years old. You’re welcome.

62. Norseman says: Aug 4, 2014 11:21 AM

I hope whomever is responsible for setting the date for Favre’s jersey retirement has the balls to do it when the Vikings play in Green Bay.

63. wnstonchill says: Aug 4, 2014 11:25 AM

As a Bear backer, for many years now, I can without hesitation say that this is as deserving as it could possibly get……. #4 is the best to ever lace ‘em up in my book.

64. artvan15 says: Aug 4, 2014 11:28 AM

Hope at this ceremony they show the 2 interceptions he threw that ended the last 2 championship games he played in for the Packers and Vikings on the jumbotrons. That would only be fitting!!!!!

65. ronin36 says: Aug 4, 2014 11:34 AM

I think the one thing that irritates Packers fan around Favre is that he wanted to play for somebody else “to stick it to ‘em”.

It’s one thing to leave the team in free agency for the money. Edgar Bennett did it, Ahman Green, even Greg Jennings.. and there’s little or no animosity there.

Had Brett done the same thing, there would be far less animosity as well. But he had ‘to stick it the Packers’… That’s was childish and spiteful.

That’s why the Packers’ fans will be boo-ing (if they do.)

66. crownofthehelmet says: Aug 4, 2014 11:39 AM

Listen to all the ungrateful Packer fans. If it wasn’t for Faver, you’d still be talking about those meaningless Championships and those couple transition SB’s. Favre got you your first real SB, and then mentored the next guy who won a real SB. If it wasn’t for Favre, you’d all still be talking about the sixties. Show some respect.

67. grubbyolebowski says: Aug 4, 2014 11:44 AM

I think if you asked Ted Thompson who the greatest GM of all time was, his answer would be Ron Wolf.

68. kilofox2014 says: Aug 4, 2014 11:52 AM

The most fun I had in the NFL was with Minnesota

Brett Favre #4

69. granadafan says: Aug 4, 2014 11:53 AM

Does Favre’s return also include an apology for the classless way he treated Aaron Rodgers?

70. bassplucker says: Aug 4, 2014 11:57 AM

Here and now, I can guarantee three things:

1) He will be inducted at halftime of the 2015 Bears/Packers game.

2) That game will be in primetime (Sunday or Monday), and will be the highest-rated game of the season.

3) The Bears will lose.

71. njpackerfan says: Aug 4, 2014 12:02 PM

Love him or hate him, people showed up to watch him. Great to see him where he belongs.

72. ruvelligwebuike says: Aug 4, 2014 12:04 PM

The bitterness has left the vast majority of Packer fans, and he will be cheered for the memories and his accomplishments on the field. He was one hell of a good time to watch.

He did teach me a lesson though. Don’t worship celebrity. For all his good on the field, what he did to the organization at the end was just embarrassing, selfish, childish…just pathetic.

I’m glad the Pack is taking the high road on this, because Favre, the team and the fans all deserve it in the end.

73. bassplucker says: Aug 4, 2014 12:36 PM

If the Packers PR department pulls all of this off well, the Bears should take note. They have a somewhat similar situation with Brian Urlacher that they will need to deal with at some point down the road.

74. rikker12 says: Aug 4, 2014 12:43 PM

Every fan has their own opinion about Favre and the GB packer fan base. (And some shouldn’t)
    My opinion is that Favre couldn’t make up his mind about retirement, and when the Packers made a football decision on Rodgers and the future of the team, they had no choice but to trade Favre.
    GB fans and other football fans, will always ridicule Favre and the fans, that still recognize him as one of the greatest players, and what he meant to the GB Packers and the NFL.
    Certain fans have this thing stuck in their head that all GB fans have it out for Favre. I think the media brought so much into this, that it brain washed a lot of you. Get over it people and let the guy have his last hurrah.
    I was over it the day after he was traded! That my friends is called being a mature and realistic fan.
    The only ungrateful fans I see on this post are NOT Packer fans., but I would like to thanks the few Bears & Viking fans that did post respectful comments.

75. bigjim50010 says: Aug 4, 2014 12:46 PM

The waffeling for years about retiring….
    When he did retire…and came back….
    The live by the gun die by the gun….
    Not mentoring Rodgers….
    All forgivable…

Going to the Vikes….
    Talking to Peppers…
    Talking to Detroit…
    Talking to Greta….

All forgiven after that pick to Terry Porter….

76. trapshoot says: Aug 4, 2014 12:53 PM

He deserves the honor. True Packer fans will cheer loudly whe it actually happens.

77. themike31 says: Aug 4, 2014 1:04 PM

Admit to being a Packer fan who was bitter when he went to Minny with the obvious goal of revenge on the Packers. Heck, I’ve rarely cheered louder than when he threw the INT in the NFC title game against the Saints.

Both sides acted childishly, but in the long run he’s one of the most important names in Packer history and the good memories far outweigh the end result.

Welcome back #4.

78. whatjusthapped says: Aug 4, 2014 1:16 PM

I think the majority of true Packer fans (as opposed to the BrINT Favre fans) could care less, he made his own bed, let him sleep in it.

When you lower your standards so low that you would even agree to play for the Vikings just so seek revenge, its a free country, have at it. Just don’t expect anything more than a polite golf clap at the retirement ceremony.

79. nugentluv says: Aug 4, 2014 1:46 PM

I applaud what he did while in Green Bay… But this is the same guy that called the Lions to give them tips on how to beat the Packers. Who also sent pictures of his junk to some chick while his wife was home battling cancer… He deserves a few boos.

80. ejmat2 says: Aug 4, 2014 1:49 PM

As a Viking fan, I couldn’t be happier that the Packers and Favre are making amends. Favre did a lot for that team and that city. For those Packer fans that are mad at Favre, get over it. Players go from team to team all the time. With that logic, Viking fans should be angry at Jared Allen for playing with the Bears. That’s not the case though.

Favre will be in the Packer HOF right where he belongs after so many great seasons with that great organization. Then he will be enshrined in the NFL HOF, again, where he belongs.

I hated him as a Packer. But as a player, I always admired the way he played the game. I liked watching him play. He played the game the way it should be played and I thank him for all the great memories whether good or bad for the Vikings.

81. babygaga19 says: Aug 4, 2014 2:28 PM

Brett Favre and the Packers are way too much of a soap opera that I care to think about. Call me when he goes in the real HOF. It will be first ballot.

82. naldoron says: Aug 4, 2014 2:35 PM

Viking fan base is much nicer, more down to earth. Packer fans are not fun to be around at all.

Fan base? You mean all 3 of you?

83. thepftpoetisacrossdresser says: Aug 4, 2014 2:43 PM

aa1829 says:
    Aug 4, 2014 8:01 AM

_______________________________

I would venture most fans like myself share some of the distaste you have. I for one just want to get this behind both sides and let it go already. That said, Paul Hornung has his number up there in the ring too….and if you had no problem with his shenanigans, you shouldn’t with Favre either.

84. deltaoracle says: Aug 4, 2014 3:35 PM

There’ll be some booing for sure. But I think much more applause and cheers.
    If his leaving had thrown the Pack into a long losing streak (as I think he thought it would) the bitterness would be much deeper. But GB righted itself quickly and has enjoyed continued success. That makes forgiveness much easier.

85. uwsptke says: Aug 4, 2014 3:43 PM

jimnsota says:Aug 4, 2014 8:23 AM

Statistically #4’s best year as a pro. Let’s play guess the team he was on.

G Att Comp Pct Att/G Yds Avg Yds/G TD TD% Int Int% Lng 20+ 40+ Sck SckY Rate

16 531 363 68.4 33.2 4,202 7.9 262.6 33 6.2 7 1.3 63 52 13 34 247 107.2

The curse of #4 has officially begun. Way to cave in cow town.

That was with the Vikings in 2009. Some curse, the Packers won the Super Bowl the next year. Try again.

86. beerbratscheese says: Aug 4, 2014 3:51 PM

ejmat2 says: Aug 4, 2014 1:49 PM

——————————-

For simply playing for the Bears, no big deal. But what if he comes out and says he signed specifically with the Bears to spite the Vikings? What if he calls the Lions and gives them pointers on how they can beat the Vikings? What if he tells Clay Matthews at the end of a Bears/Packers game that he would like nothing more than for the Packers to knock the Vikings out the playoff race if both teams are in contention? How would you feel about him then?

87. packsoldier says: Aug 4, 2014 4:08 PM

Brett Favre did way too much for the Packers to keep him out of the Ring of Honor and the Hall of Fame. I was 100% behind Ted during the retirement controversy and I hated Brett for going to the Vikings, but now it’s time to let bygones be bygones. Aaron Rodgers proved Ted right and got the last laugh. Now we can be magnanimous in victory and welcome Brett home where he belongs.

88. All-American Voltron says: Aug 4, 2014 5:31 PM

This will give all fans 12 months to absorb the idea of Favre returning to GB and let go of any hate on all sides and realize that everyone won from this “divorce”, Packers found success with Aaron Rodgers, and Favre got to keep playing until he was physically knocked out of the game. Everyone got what they wanted, so can we stop all the anger!

89. wallabear says: Aug 4, 2014 5:33 PM

“Dear Brett, Congrats! But please don’t forget about the Super Bowl we helped you to win. Yours truly, Mike Holmgren, Andy Reid, Marty Mornhinweg et al.” :-)

90. purplezimmerpride says: Aug 4, 2014 6:18 PM

Unlike most of my Viking fan brethren I realize Favre had his greatest statistical year in 1996. 1 Super Bowl ring.

91. dgarcia56 says: Aug 4, 2014 6:18 PM

true packer fans will cheer loud and long for #4. what he did his last years was terrible, but get over it. do some of you people even remember the state of the franchise before the took over? do any of you realize he was one of the biggest reasons Reggie came to Green Bay. I honestly think the “crybaby I will never forgive fans” are spoiled and think the Packers are supposed to win every year. Rodgers and Favre have already buried the hatchet at the ESPYS two years ago, so if #12 can do it then you whiney grudge holding packer fans get do it too!!!!!!

92. gopackgocausecowboysblow says: Aug 4, 2014 6:46 PM

No one remembers a team for how many division championships they have won. One thing matters and that is league championships (pre-Superbowl) and Superbowls. No one remembers a player for their best statistical year, they remember them for leading a team to championships, regardless of the sport. So Brett’s best year was with Green Bay, his 16 years with Green Bay define him as an Ironman of a player. His year with the Jets and his year with Minnesota are only remembered by fans of those teams as being more important than his time at Green Bay. One teams fans in particular, who sign their posts ‘SKOL’. I think it means ‘Simple Kind Of Logic’

93. greengoldandbold says: Aug 4, 2014 7:20 PM

“To be able to play one game in GB is enough, but to be able to play 16 games is an amazing honor.” . brett favre.

94. greengoldandbold says: Aug 4, 2014 7:23 PM

uwsptke says:
    Aug 4, 2014 3:43 PM
    jimnsota says:Aug 4, 2014 8:23 AM

Statistically #4’s best year as a pro. Let’s play guess the team he was on.
    —————————————————————-
    Maybe so, but the Packers had complete TEAMS when Brett played here most years. We had a strong defense to compliment the offense led by Favre. It’s a TEAM Super Bowl, not a Brett Super Bowl.

95. 84pattersonisthedude says: Aug 4, 2014 7:47 PM

Zygi, should hurry up and put Farve in the Vikings Ring of Honor in 2014 just to piss off Ted Thompson and all those “Cheese Heads” by diminishing the Packers announcement to induct him in the Packer Hall of Fame in 2015! LOL

96. dd393 says: Aug 4, 2014 8:01 PM

aa1829 says: Aug 4, 2014 8:01 AM

———————————————————–

I’ll take your tickets as long as you don’t want them.

97. ducksk says: Aug 4, 2014 10:05 PM

Traitor. His wife is also to blame for the fiasco at the end of his career. I won’t boo, I lived and died with this guy. But, any honest GB fan must admit his legacy is a little tarnished.

98. tokyofilthblaster says: Aug 4, 2014 10:33 PM

It’s amazing to me how the Packer just keep churning out these Hall of Fame QB’s.

The Green Bay Packers.

99. packmanfan says: Aug 4, 2014 11:35 PM

No. Ted Thompson is the greatest GM in NFL history because he didn’t back down and got rid of this overrated loser.

100. gertrudegoat says: Aug 4, 2014 11:40 PM

A true legend. I’m grateful I had the chance to see Brett play for his entire illustrious career! It was a thrill. Thanks Bret!!