Knowshon Moreno: It feels good to put the pads on

Knowshon Moreno AP

The Dolphins won’t be rushing running back Knowshon Moreno back into a big role in the offense after his activation from the PUP list on Wednesday, so he’s unlikely to start making his case for the starting job against the Falcons on Friday night.

Coach Joe Philbin wouldn’t say for sure whether or not Moreno would play in the game, but said he wasn’t sure it would be the wisest course of action with a player coming off of arthroscopic knee surgery. For his part, Moreno said he isn’t concerned with where he ranks on the depth chart because he’s happy just getting back to work right now.

“It feels good to put the pads on and work with the guys,” Moreno said, via the South Florida Sun-Sentinel. “I’ve been getting a lot of mental reps. Now I’ve just got to put these things together. Today was testing it out and seeing how it feels. I feel good what I did today … Now the next couple of days I’ll just progress and do more and more each day.”

Moreno’s lack of concern about the depth chart is helped by the fact that Daniel Thomas is hurt and will miss the chance to stake his claim to a bigger role in the coming season. Whether Moreno or Lamar Miller starts, they will both be in line for ample playing time as long as they are the top two backs in Miami. If Moreno’s healthy enough to stay on the field, that remains the likeliest outcome in the Dolphins backfield.

Permalink 6 Comments Feed for comments Latest Stories in: Home, Miami Dolphins, Rumor Mill
6 Responses to “Knowshon Moreno: It feels good to put the pads on”
  1. marcolamorsa says: Aug 7, 2014 9:08 AM

#bust

2. 69finfan says: Aug 7, 2014 9:30 AM

#notabust

3. tjacks7 says: Aug 7, 2014 9:39 AM

And he ain’t talkin about football pads.

4. paychrisjohnson28 says: Aug 7, 2014 9:50 AM

I am not a Broncos fan, Moreno played with a lot of heart last season, he showed he can be a great Runningback when healthy. I wouldn’t play him in preseason if I was Philbin, he already knows what Moreno can do, just watch the tape when he played vs the Patriots last season running for over 200 yards…he carried the team on his back when Manning wasn’t having one of his best games of the the season…

5. coldwater32301 says: Aug 7, 2014 10:45 AM

Glad he’s back because Miller needs a push and and a healthy competition… I see great thing happening for the Dolphins Offense… Great Things…Indeed…

6. iamkillerfin says: Aug 7, 2014 3:18 PM

HE IS A JOKE!!! The only reason he had a good season because he wanted to get paid!!! Blount is a better back & this will be Philbin’s downfall along with folding like a taco against division opponents!!! If the Fins lose to the junk jets & jills again FIRE PHILBIN!!!