DeAngelo Hall couldn’t walk at first, but better today

DeAngelo Hall AP

Injuries are in the eye of the beholder, apparently.

A day after Washington coach Jay Gruden described cornerback DeAngelo Hall’s back injury as a minor bruise, Hall had a very different characterization of it.

Hall was able to come back and participate in some individual drills today, but said he wasn’t sure he was going to be able to.

“They didn’t want me to go out here, but I was like, ‘Nah, I’m going to go out here and do some individual drills, move around a little bit,’” Hall said, via Tarik El-Bashir of CSNWashington.com. “A little bit of pain, but night and day difference from yesterday.”

He was injured in practice Sunday when he landed awkwardly on his back, and wasn’t able to walk away from the spot.

“I tried to keep going but couldn’t keep going,” Hall said. “It got to the point where my back locked up so bad I couldn’t even walk. So I got carted off, assisted [into the facility]. I was in a wheelchair. Later in the day I was on crutches and then this morning I was walking. So it’s been a rough 12 hours or so. But I feel good. . . .

“It was just one of those things where I re-injured something that was already hurting. And my body just shut down. But I’m feeling real good right now. I’m a 100-times better than I was yesterday. I went from couldn’t walk to running around. So I don’t see this as anything serious at all.”

While Gruden was able to joke about Hall being hauled off for “dramatic” effect, it appears he’s not seriously hurt, and may still play in the next preseason game against the Browns.

Permalink 6 Comments Feed for comments Latest Stories in: Home, Rumor Mill, Washington Redskins
6 Responses to “DeAngelo Hall couldn’t walk at first, but better today”
  1. bassplucker says: Aug 11, 2014 1:24 PM

Well we can all take comfort that his ability to talk incessantly about himself, has not been compromised in the least.

2. bubbybrisket says: Aug 11, 2014 1:27 PM

I was listening to ESPN 980 (I live in the DC area) this morning and they were playing up the injury like it was the worst thing ever.

3. citizenstrange says: Aug 11, 2014 1:48 PM

According to self-proclaimed Mike “straight fire” Tomlin, Ryan Shazier has a little boo-boo that has kept him out of action for over a week now. #STRAIGHTFIRE!!!

4. bhlobos says: Aug 11, 2014 4:04 PM

Back injuries are tough… once those muscles lock up, there’s nothing you can do. Considering the resources the team has available, it’s not a surprise that he was able to loosen up and go from immobile to nearly 100% so quickly.

5. clayton268921 says: Aug 11, 2014 4:12 PM

For a word to be a slur, the word must communicate ideas beyond identifying a target group, and that, slurs are offensive because the additional data contained in those words differentiates those individuals from otherwise accepted groups. Hmm

6. thirdistheworrd says: Aug 12, 2014 10:47 AM

bassplucker says: Aug 11, 2014 1:24 PM

______________
    While I absolutely agree that Hall, like most DB’s, talks far too much, the league-wide fad of faulting players for being interviewed is kind of ridiculous. These players don’t call press conferences to talk about their injuries; DeAngelo Hall didn’t call in to the author and beg him to write this article. There are reporters on the scene of all 32 training camps, and if this website chooses to report on a local training camp story, it’s their decision, not Hall’s arrogance.