Tom Brady knows how to build a relationship with centers

Tom Brady, LeSean McCoy AP

At the moment, Tom Brady’s not sure who his center’s going to be, with Dan Connolly and Ryan Wendell competing for the job.

But whichever one ends up in front of Brady will have a familiar feel.

Brady nearly broke the 10-year-old humor scale when discussing the chemistry he’s built with the two.

“I’ve got confidence in those guys,” Brady said, via Jeff Howe of the Boston Herald. “I love both Dan and Wendy. I love those guys. They work so hard. The center-quarterback relationship is a pretty special one. I’ve got my hands on their butts probably more than their wives, so it’s a pretty unique trust and relationship you have.”

There have been no immediate responses from the wives, but we’ll keep you posted.

Permalink 29 Comments Feed for comments Latest Stories in: Home, New England Patriots, Rumor Mill
29 Responses to “Tom Brady knows how to build a relationship with centers”
  1. citizenstrange says: Aug 13, 2014 3:21 PM

Now we know how Robert Kraft really lost his Super Bowl ring! COME ON!

2. sellout1983 says: Aug 13, 2014 3:23 PM

HHHEEEEEEEEYYYYOOOOOO!!!!!!

3. themilliondollarbackfield says: Aug 13, 2014 3:24 PM

I always knew Brady walked along those lines…lmao jk I was a center when I played. I hated my quarterback lol

4. frenchysgoldfish says: Aug 13, 2014 3:25 PM

Giselle just said the same thing about Wendy!

5. holla2626 says: Aug 13, 2014 3:27 PM

Ha – Brady touches men’s butts more than he touches Gisele

6. j0esixpack says: Aug 13, 2014 3:29 PM

This is sure to drive the Brady-haters into a feeding frenzy!

Half of them are so jealous of him they’ve convinced themselves he’s gay.

(I’m not quite sure how they rationalize the fact he’s impregnated two of the most beautiful women on the planet, but the ability of jealous Patriots-hating fans to brainwash themselves never cease to amaze me.)

7. doctorrustbelt says: Aug 13, 2014 3:30 PM

belichick knows how to build relationships with covert cameras.

8. p8riotdynastylives says: Aug 13, 2014 3:30 PM

sorry folks…….wives are off limits in my book………..not just Toms..EVERYONES…..stay classy football world!!

9. thelastwordyaheard says: Aug 13, 2014 3:36 PM

he never runs shotgun at home..

10. gisellichek says: Aug 13, 2014 3:37 PM

How does he get away with calling a 315 lb lineman … WENDY!!!

11. marvsleezy says: Aug 13, 2014 3:41 PM

Please, DONT keep me posted on that one.

12. somethingsmellsrotten says: Aug 13, 2014 3:48 PM

joesixpack: his wife, that Gisele Buttface….or whatever her name is…is far (very far) from one of the most beautiful women on the planet.

13. weepingjebus says: Aug 13, 2014 3:48 PM

Can’t argue with the results!

14. jimmyt says: Aug 13, 2014 3:55 PM

“two of the most beautiful women on the planet”?????????????

You really are Joe Sixpack.

15. thegreatgabbert says: Aug 13, 2014 3:59 PM

It isn’t easy to build the trust. You have to cup your hands carefully, then slowly raise them between the thighs of the 300 pound man in front of you, towards his upraised buttocks. All the while grunting out “hut..hut ..hut!”

16. VenerableAxiom says: Aug 13, 2014 4:03 PM

…and he enjoys it.

17. johnnyjagfan says: Aug 13, 2014 4:11 PM

As a right-handed QB you’re taught to apply pressure with the right hand and the C is to snap towards the pressure and the QB closes the grip. It’s gross. Especially on rainy, hot, muddy days in the South to continue to “apply the pressure”.

18. sportsfan18 says: Aug 13, 2014 4:17 PM

p8riotdynastylives says:
    Aug 13, 2014 3:30 PM

17 20
    ++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

There ARE exceptions… the overwhelming majority of wives should be off limits. They’re normal people.

Some are in and were in the spot light before and not due to their husbands.

Giselle is one. She’s a world renowned super model and has been in the public limelight for a LONG time.

Also, remember when Giselle said this…?

“My husband can not f—— throw the ball and catch the ball at the same time. I can’t believe they dropped the ball so many times,”

She said that and it was caught on camera.

Giselle isn’t off limits.

19. ampats says: Aug 13, 2014 4:18 PM

somethingsmellsrotten: Giselle Buttface..or whatever her name is …is far (very far) from one of the most beautiful women on the planet.

There is $ 45 Million earned last year because of her looks that says most people feel she is one of the most beautiful women on the planet.

20. schmitty2 says: Aug 13, 2014 4:30 PM

Going from touching Gisele’s butt to a 300lb teamates butt must be quite humbling.

21. somethingsmellsrotten says: Aug 13, 2014 4:36 PM

Well ampats, obviously according to you it’s all about the money. And obviously, you fail to realize that ‘most people’ on this planet are complete and total morons.

22. TheWizard says: Aug 13, 2014 4:44 PM

Tom Brady’s not sure who his center’s going to be

Connolly is going to be the center, and I’m pretty sure everybody involved knows that.

The rookie had a shot until his injury took him out for an extended period.

23. tedmurph says: Aug 13, 2014 5:03 PM

GOAT.

24. ialwayswantedtobeabanker says: Aug 13, 2014 5:15 PM

Wendell played poorly last season, and Connolly was better, but the other weaker link on an otherwise strong OL in New England.

I wonder if the rook, Stork might be the one to emerge (with the intimate relationship with Brady) by mid-season. Stork was hand-picked to solve a problem — and Centers have been known to hit the ground running more than a lot of positions.

25. patriotsdefense says: Aug 13, 2014 5:27 PM

Bryan Stork > Connolly >Wendell

26. jolink653 says: Aug 13, 2014 6:48 PM

He should probably get started with building a relationship with Stork, because I can’t see Wendell making this team. He wasn’t good last season and I think it’s time to try someone new

27. mellimac says: Aug 13, 2014 10:03 PM

Calling it how it is…like that. Other than having Tom’s hands on one’s butt, I suspect those centers get a few perks (outa the gutter folks!). Rarely does one see a fumbled snap.

28. pulloutiwannafart says: Aug 13, 2014 11:36 PM