Cardinals keep bolstering defensive line, add Ryan McBean

Ryan+McBean+uLTgKd5ZAn6m Getty Images

The Cardinals aren’t done trying to bolster their defensive line.

In addition to bringing in veteran defensive lineman Isaac Sopoaga, the Cardinals have also agreed to terms with veteran defensive lineman Ryan McBean, a league source tells PFT.

The 30-year-old McBean hasn’t seen the field in a regular-season game since 2011, when he played all 16 games for the Broncos. In 2012 he signed with the Ravens in the offseason but didn’t play for them in the regular season.

The Cardinals have been trying to beef up their defensive line since losing Darnell Dockett to a torn ACL. Sopoaga and McBean may provide some veteran depth, but neither player will come close to making up for the loss of Dockett.

Permalink 7 Comments Feed for comments Latest Stories in: Arizona Cardinals, Home, Rumor Mill
7 Responses to “Cardinals keep bolstering defensive line, add Ryan McBean”
  1. aceakking says: Aug 20, 2014 5:26 PM

The Cardinals are looking formidable. They just need to figure out how to beat the NFL referees’ arbitrary calls and ridiculous rules.

2. Commenting off the bench. . . says: Aug 20, 2014 5:51 PM

The Chargers also need to bolster their DL, especially the interior. I was thinking when the Chargers travel to Arizona for game one, they would be the slight favorites. Now I’m not so sure.

Cards have a couple of 2nd year players at RB, but I think just about any back could average 5+ yards per carry right up the middle against the Bolts. Gonna have to average 30+ points/game just to be competitive. Thank you, AJ and Norv.

3. harrisonhits2 says: Aug 20, 2014 6:35 PM

Sopoaga has nothing left in the tank. He couldn’t cut it last year with the Pats after Wilfork went down and the Dline had little depth.

4. jdrewsy says: Aug 20, 2014 7:15 PM

I feel for the Cards losing D. Dockett for the year but if you told me they traded Dockett for Sopoaga and McBean, I would have done a back flip out of happiness!

Go Hawks!

5. bert1913 says: Aug 20, 2014 8:13 PM

0+0=0

6. sdboltaction says: Aug 20, 2014 8:39 PM

I hope the Chargers win here in AZ! It’s always a crap shoot when I pay to see a Charger game if I’ll get to have a good time or not lol

At least this go ’round I’ll only have to drive 50 miles to Glendale from Gilbert and not 350 to San Diego!

7. bubbybrisket says: Aug 20, 2014 10:45 PM