Le’Veon Bell to cops: “I smoked two hours ago. I’m not high anymore”

Pittsburgh Steelers v Philadelphia Eagles Getty Images

Rather than employ the time-honored “It’s not my weed” defense, Steelers running backs Le’Veon Bell and LeGarrette Blount admitted possession of a bag of marijuana when stopped by cops Wednesday.

But that wasn’t the only alarming(ly dumb) admission that took place.

According to the police report obtained by WPXI, Bell told the officer who pulled him over he had smoked recently, but he didn’t think it was recently enough to impair his driving.

According to the complaint, Bell told the officer at the scene: “I didn’t know you could get a DUI for being high. I smoked two hours ago. I’m not high anymore. I’m perfectly fine. Why would I be getting high if I had to make it to my game?”

When the officer asked what game he was referring to, Bell replied: “I have to be on a plane at 3 to be in Philadelphia. I play for Steelers.”

Bell initially told the officer there was no marijuana in the car, but when asked if they had smoked any, he replied: “It was about a minute ago,” before clarifying that it could have been within the previous two hours.

The Steelers played both backs Thursday night, and they combined for 55 yards in a loss.

And that sound you hear in emanating from Western Pennsylvania is Mike Tomlin’s head exploding, as a team with issues moving the ball now has to worry about how long they’ll be without two regulars.

Permalink 166 Comments Feed for comments Latest Stories in: Pittsburgh Steelers, Rumor Mill, Top Stories
166 Responses to “Le’Veon Bell to cops: “I smoked two hours ago. I’m not high anymore””
  1. mremeet says: Aug 22, 2014 10:11 AM

“… how long they’ll be without two regulars”

a game or two, but maybe not until next season

2. 700levelvet says: Aug 22, 2014 10:13 AM

Unbelievable

3. joeflaccoallday says: Aug 22, 2014 10:13 AM

#FREEJOSHGORDON

4. brandonj21 says: Aug 22, 2014 10:13 AM

If he gave an answer like that , then he was still high or he is just dumb. But what is even dumber than that is the fact these guys will get 4 games taken away while Ray Rice gets 2.

5. carlitos7000 says: Aug 22, 2014 10:13 AM

i think he is new in this world

6. radiofriendly420 says: Aug 22, 2014 10:14 AM

Equivalent of saying I had a beer 2 hours ago, I’m safe to drive. (If marjuana was legal)

Non-pot smokers are more ignorant about marijuana than marijuana users are “dumb”.

Legalize it.

7. scoops1 says: Aug 22, 2014 10:14 AM

that’s what they all say……..

8. bostonbadass says: Aug 22, 2014 10:14 AM

OMG !!!!

HE really didn’t say that did he !!!!

Stupid is what stupid says…

9. Bill Belitext says: Aug 22, 2014 10:15 AM

No teams bring in players for their brains… just saying.

10. winskins says: Aug 22, 2014 10:15 AM

X-Rays Negative on Le’Veon Bell’s Brain

11. thestrategyexpert says: Aug 22, 2014 10:16 AM

Every coach should share this story with their teams that way there are no similar future misunderstandings. Take a hardboiled egg and say “this is your brain on illegal or medicinal drugs unaccompanied by exemption paperwork”, and then cut it.

12. doctormantistoboggan says: Aug 22, 2014 10:16 AM

Sounds like Bell needs better stuff…

13. heyguru69 says: Aug 22, 2014 10:16 AM

You’re certainly not high if you tell a cop to his face that you were smoking dope 2 hours ago. Certainly not. Certainly. Not. High. Hey officer, those are pretty lights on top of your card.

14. ebr362 says: Aug 22, 2014 10:17 AM

You have the right to remain silent. What you say CAN and WILL be used against you in a court of law…………..and public opinion…

15. genericcommenter says: Aug 22, 2014 10:17 AM

I never understand when rich people incriminate themselves.

16. koolaidsgonebad says: Aug 22, 2014 10:17 AM

Why did he even tell them he smoked? Possession is easier to deal with than DUI. Come on Spartan. Wasn’t he a Criminal Justice major?

17. danielpickolick says: Aug 22, 2014 10:18 AM

Ridiculous this is even an issue

18. flexx91 says: Aug 22, 2014 10:18 AM

Suspend him for being dumb.

19. themeccalambeaufield says: Aug 22, 2014 10:18 AM

You can’t fix stupid!

20. mibengal says: Aug 22, 2014 10:20 AM

After watching last nights game, I don’t see how the media is predicting the Steelers to win the AFC North this year. Their ONLY hope is an easy schedule. Maybe it’s just me but it sure looks like Tomlin has lost the locker room. The Steelers used to epitomize the word “team” but these last few years? Not so much.

21. snakecage says: Aug 22, 2014 10:20 AM

These two gentleman should be commended for their honesty and respect for the law. 2 hours after smoking weed; yeah totally fine to drive. I see people smoking weed while they drive all the time; they aren’t the worst drivers in the DC area.

22. jjrs89 says: Aug 22, 2014 10:20 AM

I respect dumb more than I do dishonest. Regardless, I don’t understand how these guys put themselves in these positions making the kind of money they do and with what they have to lose. The crazier part is if these guys get a bigger punishment than Ray Rice.

23. miamatt says: Aug 22, 2014 10:21 AM

In all seriousness, I’d say two hours post-smoke is more than enough time to have a clear head to drive.

24. codythao35 says: Aug 22, 2014 10:21 AM

Right, I smoke two hours ago but I still have no idea where I am, that’s why. Loser, should have been out of the league already.

25. cjbrowns1 says: Aug 22, 2014 10:22 AM

Steelers to employ new trick play called…

puff puff halfback pass

26. warhawk137 says: Aug 22, 2014 10:22 AM

That is astonishingly dumb. He needs to get some kind of trophy for that.

27. hakunamangata says: Aug 22, 2014 10:22 AM

Honestly this guy’s job is to run into a pile of people with his head.

Repeatedly.

Sooooooooo can’t say as I’m surprised by his logic. Just glad he didn’t tie it back to a 9/11 conspiracy like the last guy.

28. bitw44 says: Aug 22, 2014 10:23 AM

He was fine to drive, yet WHY would you drive with 22 grams of weed in your car????

29. schmitty2 says: Aug 22, 2014 10:23 AM

Obviously Bell doesn’t have “Friday” or “Half Baked” in his DVR collection if he thinks that way.

30. martin492013 says: Aug 22, 2014 10:23 AM

I was on my way to the plane, then I got high
    Tomlin lets me play, when I am high

31. mmmpierogi says: Aug 22, 2014 10:23 AM

*********************************************

Haha — I’m a Steeler fan, but you can’t make this stuff up. Classic.

32. tjr324 says: Aug 22, 2014 10:24 AM

If he smoked two hours ago he wouldnt be high at the time he was stopped. Not sure why thats so “dumb” to tell an officer after he’s already found the weed in the car. And a blood test for marijuana would be able to detect it if you smoked weed days before, at the very least. That says nothing about whether he was under the influence while driving. I assume the author and majority of commenters are ignorant to what they are trying to talk about. Like someone said before, its the equivalent of having 1 beer 2 hours before driving.

33. annes22 says: Aug 22, 2014 10:25 AM

What a pair of dumb asses they both are. They shouldn’t have played last night either, excuse me it’s ok to get pulled over, and then it’s ok to play. Sit and watch for god sake. The Steelers sucked with their help also, they were terrible.

34. marvsleezy says: Aug 22, 2014 10:28 AM

You like how he sneaked in a “Don’t you know who I am?” without actually saying it? Not as dumb as we thought maybe, haha.

“Why would I be getting high if I had to make it to my game?”

35. tommikula says: Aug 22, 2014 10:28 AM

That hit Bell took on the goal line in Baltimore last year must have killed many brain cells.

36. enkay85 says: Aug 22, 2014 10:29 AM

Get over it, it’s just weed. Legal in two states for crying out loud and possession in D.C.

37. jtm12180 says: Aug 22, 2014 10:31 AM

As a Steelers die-hard who sees plenty of stupid anti-Steelers comments on this board…

You have every right to this time…

38. rayjay9393 says: Aug 22, 2014 10:33 AM

i don’t smoke weed so much, but when I do….

sorry what was I saying officer?

39. timmmah10 says: Aug 22, 2014 10:35 AM

SPARTY ON!

40. “I impacted the game and as an official you never want to do that," Bill Leavy said in reference to Super Bowl XL. "It left me with a lot of sleepless nights and I think about it constantly. I’ll go to my grave wishing that I’d been better.” says: Aug 22, 2014 10:36 AM

The Steelers never take responsibility for their actions.

41. radiofriendly420 says: Aug 22, 2014 10:37 AM

I can’t wait until it is legal so these stories and discussions don’t exist.

42. nannymcsack says: Aug 22, 2014 10:38 AM

Having to fly causes anxiety in many people. There is nothing wrong with using a natural medication to alleviate anxiety prior to a flight. It’s common practice for dentists to administer valium before certain procedures to help patients with the same anxiety problems. Legalize it. Regulate it. And most importantly, in the interest of our national debt, tax it. Anybody that disagrees is blind.

43. tabdanger says: Aug 22, 2014 10:38 AM

It MUST be true since it was from the police report.. The police have never been known to lie or exaggerate information on those things before.

44. southpaw2k says: Aug 22, 2014 10:38 AM

At least he saved the league the trouble of having to give him a test to determine whether he was only in possession of an illegal substance versus actually consuming said illegal substance.

45. ragnarthemagnificent says: Aug 22, 2014 10:38 AM

Even with them the Steelers looked abominable. As the say, “the window has closed”.

46. tribefever says: Aug 22, 2014 10:38 AM

Dumpster fire

47. nervesplicer says: Aug 22, 2014 10:39 AM

I’m assuming that, based on his inane exchange with the police, he was still high. I’m going to give him the benefit of the doubt, but the dude needs to buy a vaporizer.

48. djlexluger says: Aug 22, 2014 10:39 AM

He needs a better strain.

49. trollhammer20 says: Aug 22, 2014 10:40 AM

Sigh. As one who enjoys the occasional toke and advocates legalization, sometimes, with some people, there’s clearly a reason it’s called “dope”.

50. themeccalambeaufield says: Aug 22, 2014 10:40 AM

For those apologists saying the 2 hours was enough, did you not read why he was stopped? Its because of the odor emanating from the car which would lead a logical person to deduce they were currently smoking. Not to mention there are tests for impairment.

51. zam0854 says: Aug 22, 2014 10:40 AM

Pittsburgh has awful middies!!

52. jwcarlson says: Aug 22, 2014 10:41 AM

“I smoked two hours ago.”

“And a half hour ago. And just finished one when we saw your lights come on behind us.”

53. bobnelsonjr says: Aug 22, 2014 10:41 AM

That is a good example of a brain on drugs and why marijuana is criminal activity.

Are they so weak they cannot “Just say No!”

By definition, they obtained the dope from organized crime. Nobody wants NFL players associated with underworld figures from organized crime.

There is nothing admirable about druggies. The Steelers have a big scandal here.

54. djg209 says: Aug 22, 2014 10:42 AM

Dave’s not here.

55. Chris says: Aug 22, 2014 10:42 AM

…which means I’m still high.

56. florsht says: Aug 22, 2014 10:43 AM

An honest man. Let’s keep him.
    Steelers Fan

57. numba1wiscosportsfan says: Aug 22, 2014 10:43 AM

Go Steelerz! lol

58. baddegg says: Aug 22, 2014 10:43 AM

Telling the Truth = “Dumb”

by today’s cynical standards…

59. holla2626 says: Aug 22, 2014 10:44 AM

“Bell initially told the officer there was no marijuana in the car, but when asked if they had smoked any, he replied: “It was about a minute ago,” before clarifying that it could have been within the previous two hours.”

Good thing he isn’t a DB….his backpeddling is terrible

60. nypd1056 says: Aug 22, 2014 10:44 AM

Any law enforcement officer worth his badge knows weather its liquor or drugs (yes marijuana is a drug) all you have to do is pass your flashlight (day or night) across the individuals eyes and the pupils of the that individual will not dilate if the person is on any drugs or alcohol.
    SIMPLE ROAD TEST.

61. nullaereale says: Aug 22, 2014 10:45 AM

__________________________________
    If you don’t live in Colorado marajuana possession is a crime. Drinking alcohol is not. Telling the truth was admirable. Not knowing the law especially in light of the suspensions of other NFL player is stupid.

62. MDRaider says: Aug 22, 2014 10:47 AM

I smoke two joints in the morning. I smoke two joints at night. I smoke two joints in the afternoon, it makes me feel alright. I smoke two joints in times of peace, and two in times of war. I smoke two joints before I smoke two joints, and then I smoke two more…

63. joewilliesshnoz says: Aug 22, 2014 10:48 AM

A real 1st class organization ? What a joke, from the owner to the scouting dept., one big train wreck.

64. kurgan74 says: Aug 22, 2014 10:48 AM

Wow, I surprised he did not ask the cop where they could get some Cheetos for the flight to Philly.

Bluntman and Chronic….Jay and Silent Bob must be so proud.

65. xli2006 says: Aug 22, 2014 10:48 AM

The issue shouldn’t be if he was smoking pot… It’s just a plant, who really cares if a person wants to enjoy a plant? Legalize it or decriminalize it already.

The bigger issue is that he was driving. That is a DWI and a serious offense.

66. 2sloweggroll says: Aug 22, 2014 10:50 AM

Hey hey hey hey…………….. smoke weed everyday

Legalize it!

67. radiofriendly420 says: Aug 22, 2014 10:50 AM

Everyone has a road they use on a regular basis to get to/from wherever. Let’s say the speed limit on that road is 45 mph.

If the government shows up tomorrow and marks the speed limit on that road at 1 mph, would you follow that speed limit, or would you say “This is absurd” and drive 45 mph?

Would we call the people going 45 mph idiots the way we call marijuana users idiots?

68. Stiller43 says: Aug 22, 2014 10:51 AM

How dumb can you be? WHY WOULD YOU ADMIT ANYTHING TO THE COP?!!

69. SparkyGump says: Aug 22, 2014 10:52 AM

It depends on the strain of cannabis. Some wear off pretty quickly while others take quite awhile. I’m available for testing of Mr. Bell’s strain.

70. orthomarine says: Aug 22, 2014 10:53 AM

Rule #1: Don’t talk to cops…

Rule #2: See rule 1

71. nullaereale says: Aug 22, 2014 10:53 AM

Legalize it.
    ________________________________
    But until it’s legal –it’s illegal. And if you’re smart you just don’t engage in illegal activities. I would love for prostitution to be legal in all 50 states but it’s not so i’m not going to pick up a prostitute, risk getting caught and then say “hey this was an arrangement between two consenting adults.” It’s simple–Respect the laws–whether you agree with them or not.

72. stillers213 says: Aug 22, 2014 10:54 AM

I don’t know what turns me off more, all the low character geniuses in the NFL getting arrested or the ridiculous amount of flags being thrown. You know it’s bad when you get frustrated even when the call is FOR your team. Welcome to the arena football league fellas.

73. packerbackernj says: Aug 22, 2014 10:56 AM

You mouth breathers do realize that even if it was legal, more then likely it will be on the NFL’s banned substance list right? I agree, it should be legal, but these idiots would still be getting suspended for it just like adderral.

74. calamnet says: Aug 22, 2014 10:56 AM

Whether you are against weed being legal or not, or them actually being high enough to spark a DUI, still doesn’t make up for the fact that their employer has a drug policy. They know the policy. And then still do it.

This type of disregard…….guarantee it doesn’t happen at your place of employment, why cut them any slack?

75. fleaman1381 says: Aug 22, 2014 10:56 AM

He may not have been high, but to borrow from Harold and Kumar… he wasn’t low.

76. crewchief15 says: Aug 22, 2014 11:02 AM

Depending on how much he smoked and the quality of the stuff, he could easlily be to impaired to be driving.

77. coloneldukelacross says: Aug 22, 2014 11:04 AM

Another MSU scholar…pompous blow dried college boy.

78. theageofquarrel says: Aug 22, 2014 11:05 AM

It was only pot,it’s not like he Ray Rice’d or Ray Lewis’d anyone, Jesus Christ

79. olcap says: Aug 22, 2014 11:06 AM

So genius Tomlin, knowing there will be a suspension coming for both, prepares idiotically for the season by having just these two backs play the entire game, instead of getting the other RBs ready.

It’s the Tomlin Way.

80. realityonetwo says: Aug 22, 2014 11:08 AM

“I smoked two hours ago,” Bell said, as enough smoke billowed out of the vehicle to attract the attention of a cop.

81. stillers213 says: Aug 22, 2014 11:08 AM

It’s simple, really. There is a time and place for everything. Some of us are taught that at a young age while others may learn it on their own at some point in life. Those who don’t get it, struggle in life and usually end up arrested like this wayward young man.

82. cornerstone2001 says: Aug 22, 2014 11:09 AM

Two hours ago?? Really?

The motorcycle cop who stopped them said he smelled the dope as Cheech and Chong drove by him.

83. bassplucker says: Aug 22, 2014 11:09 AM

If guys like this had to think in order to breathe, they would have been dead years ago. There’s dumb, and then there’s the level of dumb that just makes you numb to consider.

84. sb44champs says: Aug 22, 2014 11:11 AM

Puff-puff give

85. youpeopleareallthesame says: Aug 22, 2014 11:11 AM

It slows things down, it just helps me see the field more, Officer

86. dontouchmyjunk says: Aug 22, 2014 11:12 AM

Two hours after smoking or vaping, you are not high anymore. Anybody who imbibes knows this.

Having said that, traces stay in your urine for days. Weeks if you consume regularly. Months if you’re a daily consumer like snoop.

87. JackedUpSports says: Aug 22, 2014 11:12 AM

but blunt was

88. patsfan13 says: Aug 22, 2014 11:12 AM

Hey Officer man, can you turn the strobes on?

89. kerzondax says: Aug 22, 2014 11:14 AM

I could care less about the smoking of pot. It should be legal, the league should permit it, etc.

HOWEVER, those aren’t the rules now. The downside for someone in his position if caught is HUGE. I’m not worried about the pot. I’m worried about the stupidity.

90. FoozieGrooler says: Aug 22, 2014 11:15 AM

“I had the right to remain silent… but I didn’t have the ability.”

– Ron White …& Le’Veon Bell

91. richndc says: Aug 22, 2014 11:17 AM

Dang man, if this is true, you need to get a new dealer and buy better pot.

92. pftisawful says: Aug 22, 2014 11:17 AM

the kid was honestly trying to get off by being “blunt” I know it’s funny but I guess he hoped for a sympathetic officer who would make him call a friend to pick up the Car

93. fattlipp72 says: Aug 22, 2014 11:18 AM

Even when its legal, if the cops suspect your under the influence they can order a blood test and if its in your system you’ll get a DUI. Even if you smoked 2 days ago.

94. Bull Rush says: Aug 22, 2014 11:19 AM

“It was only pot,it’s not like he Ray Rice’d or Ray Lewis’d anyone, Jesus Christ”

It is only pot, but its the DUI that’s more serious. You can’t be that ignorant. This isn’t about smoking pot, it is about operating a motor vehicle, while under the influence, during the day, when lots of people are out, including kids.

95. dontouchmyjunk says: Aug 22, 2014 11:20 AM

“But until it’s legal –it’s illegal.”

Marijuana has been decriminalized in almost every state except those in the south where men marry their sisters. Everywhere else it’s the same as a traffic ticket. It’s the driving under the influence part that is the sticky wicket. And it’s sticky because there isn’t a standard of testing yet that can determine if the person is really high or not. Traces can remain for weeks in your body.

Oh. And marijuana is a fantastic pain reliever. If I were a football player I’d turn to cannabis over a pharmaceutical pain killer, which is addictive. Cannabis is not.

96. bradwins says: Aug 22, 2014 11:21 AM

I don’t understand what he said that wrong.

97. JaminJake says: Aug 22, 2014 11:22 AM

Anyone who compares smoking marijuana to drinking probably hasn’t tried marijuana.

Have you ever seen what adderall and caffeine does to people? I’d be more concerned about people drinking their Starbucks beverage after taking their adderall and having delusions that they are now Aryton Senna.

98. thehawg says: Aug 22, 2014 11:25 AM

Don’t smoke in the car.

99. 8to80texansblog says: Aug 22, 2014 11:25 AM

This hurts Josh Gordon more than anyone I think… Goodell is going to drop the hammer on these fools and Gordon will be collateral damage.

100. psj3809 says: Aug 22, 2014 11:34 AM

I smoked two hours ago so i’m not high !!!

And here they are in no doubt a nice car, they could have endangered lives while they were high.

Pathetic. Whats the matter with these young millionaire footballers ?

Just embarassing. Obviously they’ll get a slap on the wrist from the Steelers as theyre potential starters.

101. leatherface2012 says: Aug 22, 2014 11:35 AM

what if he was sitting by his pool in his yard, and not driving?

102. nyking1963 says: Aug 22, 2014 11:35 AM

Leveon Bell, Blount, Ray Rice……along with others
    Somehow the most talented team in the division, the Bengals….you barely hear a peep out of them.
    About the only thing you do hear is them signing their core to extensions…core meaning great football players who haven’t embarrassed their organizations.
    It sure seems like this division has turned over.

103. drgreenstreak says: Aug 22, 2014 11:37 AM

104. pats777 says: Aug 22, 2014 11:37 AM

And the NFL still allowed him to play last night even after admitting to banned drug use no less than 24 hours prior. Hypocrisy running wild, not to mention legal liabilities reaching a whole new level of crazy.

105. footballforeseer says: Aug 22, 2014 11:37 AM

Ugh.

First, people who smoke pot aren’t automatically criminals. They are adults that supposedly live in a free society where they have the ability to decide for themselves what they want to do with their bodies.

Second, two hours after smoking is plenty of time to not be impaired enough to drive.

Third, its ridiculous that the worst thing you can do in this situation is tell the truth to the cops.

Its time to legalize.

106. metalman5150 says: Aug 22, 2014 11:40 AM

Marijuana is far more natural and promising of a drug than any pill from a pharmacy.
    Marijuana is all-natural.
    Get off of your high-horses and join the rotation, pass the peace pipe, please.

107. wellthatsinteresting says: Aug 22, 2014 11:44 AM

Time to give Mewelde Moore a call because it looks like Le’Veon ‘Bong’ and Le ‘Sig’-Garrette ‘Blunt’ might miss a game or two or three or four this season.

108. DrSteveBrule says: Aug 22, 2014 11:53 AM

Officer: “Hi.”
    Le’Veon: “Yes. I mean, no.”

109. letemplay says: Aug 22, 2014 11:53 AM

bradwins says:Aug 22, 2014 11:21 AM

I don’t understand what he said that wrong.
    ——————————————————-

Well, it goes like this,

So he told them there was no pot in the car. Okay, good start. Then he told them he smoked about a minute ago, before changing that to two hours ago.

No! This is not how we do it. Read your “How to deal with Cops” handbook! You tell them, no you have not smoked. Then you politely ask if you are free to go. If the answer is no, you ask why you were pulled over, and why you are being detained. If you were breaking a law, then apologize, take your moving violation citation, and again, ask if you are free to leave. If the cop asks if he may search your vehicle, (he will) politely decline, invoking your rights under the 4th amendment.

If you didn’t break a law, and were pulled over because the cop saw you swerve or something. Once again, announce your sobriety, and politely ask if you are free to leave. If you have to take a field sobriety test, great! Those are easy to pass if you haven’t smoked that much.

The absolute worst thing you can do is admit to having smoked. The cop now has probable cause to search you, your passengers and your vehicle. By admitting that you are giving up your 4th amendment rights.

110. pantherfan40 says: Aug 22, 2014 11:57 AM

I told a cop that once…..

111. directormtb says: Aug 22, 2014 11:57 AM

I was gonna play football, but then I got high

I was gonna get on a chartered plane and fly, but then I got high.

Now I’m at the hospital getting blood drawn, and I know why. Because I got high, because I got high, because I got high

112. politicallyincorrect says: Aug 22, 2014 11:58 AM

steelers are not what they used to be…. starting with Big Ben, SHolmes… POUNCEY, now Bell… they are there with Pats, Dolphins, Bengals, Cowboys and Seahawks for employing a lot of turds

113. wickedmainah says: Aug 22, 2014 12:05 PM

Legalize it.

114. wiztopher says: Aug 22, 2014 12:07 PM

We The People are to blame for unconditionally feeding this machine we call the NFL. I love Pro football, but hate the NFL

115. hollywood2311 says: Aug 22, 2014 12:12 PM

This just in:
    Bell and Blount demand a trade to Denver or Seattle. No preference.

116. skawh says: Aug 22, 2014 12:26 PM

You embarrass my team, and disrespect the privilege of making millions as opposed to being a working stiff, I’m cutting you’re ass. No excuses. See-ya – NEXT!

117. packerenglishmajor says: Aug 22, 2014 12:31 PM

Good luck Roger Goodell, you are so butt hurt by your Ray Rice call.
    #who’s the genius?

118. getyourownname says: Aug 22, 2014 12:33 PM

Proves the Wonderlic test doesn’t accomplish much. Sounds like they should abandon it for RBs.

119. mrlaloosh says: Aug 22, 2014 12:35 PM

Old reliable, one word, OZIUM!

120. pafinfan72 says: Aug 22, 2014 12:36 PM

Why…..yes sir that is a martini in my hand but I am not drunk….how dumb are these morons.

121. sbchampsagain says: Aug 22, 2014 12:38 PM

bell or blount won’t help the steelers this year. They looked terrible last night- No WRs and a toothless defense.

122. t8ertot says: Aug 22, 2014 12:45 PM

The same Steeler fans who are crowing “legalize” are the same ones who were calling for Josh Gordon’s head. Karma

123. clevelandrocksyourface says: Aug 22, 2014 12:52 PM

Cop to Bell: “Can I see your license, please?”

Bell to Cop: “Uhhh, isn’t it on the back bumper?”

124. crewchief15 says: Aug 22, 2014 12:55 PM

dontouchmyjunk said:

—————
    Not that simple, depends on quality, how much for how long, and the idividuals tolerance/sensitivity to the drug. I like your cool words to describe smoking pot (that’s what we called it 40 years ago), he said “imbibes”, thats cool…

125. tangysizzl says: Aug 22, 2014 12:56 PM

“You have the right to remain silent, anything you say can and WILL be used against you”.

126. bestinafcnorth says: Aug 22, 2014 1:01 PM

I didnt there was a scientific test that measures weed AND state level equals impairment. This will be reduced to reckless op and the weed is a misdemeanor. Much ado about nothing. One game suspension.

127. duce000 says: Aug 22, 2014 1:10 PM

Some of these comments are just dumb. DUI for smoking weed 2 hours ago? Are you serious!?!?! Dumbest law I have ever heard. What test did they give him to determine if he was still high? What test is possible to give to test how high you are? Give you a bag of chips and see if you eat the whole bag? This is the dumbest law

128. thelastwordyaheard says: Aug 22, 2014 1:14 PM

this guy’s a gem.. a LeVeon diamond to be exact

129. chargrz says: Aug 22, 2014 1:17 PM

They play for Rooney so nothing is gonna happen to them.

130. drs76109 says: Aug 22, 2014 1:22 PM

Wait’ll Goodell gets a hold of this.

131. ejheim62 says: Aug 22, 2014 1:23 PM

Um, LeVeon? You DO realize that you DO have the right to remain silent? Good God. I realize you’re high, but Judas Priest, you might be a little TOO high when you say dumb stuff like that.

132. kws001 says: Aug 22, 2014 1:35 PM

Pot should be made legal everywhere in the US. Tax the crap out of it and use that money to pay down the national debt, Problem solved.

133. warhammer420 says: Aug 22, 2014 1:36 PM

Legalize it and stop this demonization of a dam plant. Weed makes you a safer driver anyway. It’s people texting while driving that is the real danger.

134. kepdogg23 says: Aug 22, 2014 1:37 PM

Anything in the car I need to know about? Yeah, just one big blount on top of the passenger seat.

135. patriotsdefense says: Aug 22, 2014 1:39 PM

hahaha

136. mrrmiyagi says: Aug 22, 2014 1:47 PM

I think we may be just a couple players away from having a All-Pothead Team. Bell, Blount, Gordon, Dareus…..

137. thegreatgabbert says: Aug 22, 2014 1:47 PM

“My mind is perfectly clear at the moment….”.

138. nickwhite11 says: Aug 22, 2014 1:59 PM

Everyone whining to legalize it is forgetting you still won’t be able drive under the influence of marijuana. Legalizing it doesn’t help situations like this

139. jhosford4 says: Aug 22, 2014 2:00 PM

legality does not matter in this case. If this quote is true, then he just sealed a 4 game ban, as is written in the NFL rules and agreed upon by the players union. he could be in seattle or denver and it wouldn’t matter. They will loose the game checks for 4 games, and any future guaranteed money left on their contracts has been voided and is now not guaranteed. hope that joint was worth it, cause it was really expensive….

140. pittsburghdamned says: Aug 22, 2014 2:01 PM

Running backs last on average about 3-5 years as a pro or something?

Way to get a jump on shortening that only possible career choice aside from carrying a mop, you complete idiot.

141. jeffa43 says: Aug 22, 2014 2:02 PM

knock your fiancé out with punch to face….
    Gets you two games.

Doing something 100% less harmful than drinking,
    And minding your own business..
    Gets you 4 games.

Wow… Stupid represents rules based on lies.

Someone tell me I’m wrong …

Ya, thought so…

142. vwbrown19 says: Aug 22, 2014 2:05 PM

Dumb and dumber sooo he didn’t know you could get a DUI for driving while high… haha lmao

143. b3nz0z says: Aug 22, 2014 2:10 PM

studies show that for most users there is no impairment when driving. but let’s ignore that and keep pretending weed and alcohol are somehow similar.

144. mightyminer says: Aug 22, 2014 2:24 PM

What an idiot…

it’s weed, not chinese food

145. dallascowboysdishingthereal says: Aug 22, 2014 2:25 PM

Like these two are Cheech and Chong on their way to a preseason game. Unreal.

146. phillyphan975 says: Aug 22, 2014 2:27 PM

Snoop Dogg was upset that they were not high after 2hrs…must not have been the good good

147. higheriqthanyou says: Aug 22, 2014 2:46 PM

At least Tomlin “punished them” by playing them more than normal, as he said in his press conference.

148. fc187 says: Aug 22, 2014 2:52 PM

Not exactly a Rhodes Scholar, is he.

149. alshonsmeathooks says: Aug 22, 2014 2:58 PM

can’t make it up

150. kayabirie says: Aug 22, 2014 3:14 PM

Don’t forget to bring a terrible towel…snap

151. wrdtoyrmama says: Aug 22, 2014 3:16 PM

Someone needs to straighten young Le’von out, and quick. Dude, you’re cruising around Pittsburgh smoking skag weed with LeGarrette Blount and a couple hoochies.

Son, you’re a professional now, step your game up, get some better friends or mentors, and a better dealer.

152. higheriqthanyou says: Aug 22, 2014 3:23 PM

Should have paid him off like they did Bill Leavy.

153. kando53 says: Aug 22, 2014 3:28 PM

Didn’t think he was stoned anymore, and didn’t know he could get a DUI for it. The guy really is very, very STUPID, and probably smokes far more than he should, especially if he really thought that he wasn’t stoned anymore.

Considering they have basically all admitted to being stoned, what is the hold-up with suspensions? You could simply add an additional suspension for Bell’s DUI. Let’s get with it NFL.

154. Bull Rush says: Aug 22, 2014 3:35 PM

Here’s the issue no one is talking about regarding legalizing pot. There are ways to ingest it when you don’t know you are taking it. You don’t just smoke it. Edibles are causing lots of problems for kids and unknowing adults alike in CO and WA.

People saying this situation is no big deal because “it should be legal” are missing two points (1) it isn’t legal yet, its a crime, and (2) when it is legal there are different problems to deal with

155. radiofriendly420 says: Aug 22, 2014 4:11 PM

When I was a kid, I thought people who used marijuana were dumb and lazy…thanks to those “this is your brain on drugs” commercials.

Funny…as an adult I see it’s the exact opposite quite often. Especially after reading the comments board on here.

Proud of everyone out there who continues to spit in the face of outdated, unjust laws! Keep it up. You are NOT wrong.

156. deezenucks says: Aug 22, 2014 6:27 PM

Where’s all those steelers homers now?!
    The rest of the league looks up to the high standards you claim to hold yourselves to…

157. babehuee says: Aug 22, 2014 6:32 PM

If you smoke pot while driving and your not impaired then you got ripped off. Just saying.

158. 1mommicked1 says: Aug 22, 2014 7:26 PM

make him go away

159. steelerofthedraft says: Aug 22, 2014 9:14 PM

Have to prove he was impaired , just like alcohol you can be charged with DUI but if you blow a .07 charges get dropped . After 2 hours from smoking you’re 100% fine, believe me I’ve smoked my fair share

160. swagger52 says: Aug 22, 2014 11:36 PM

Well…Sure looks like the Steelers season is over and all up in toke.

161. steelcurtainn says: Aug 23, 2014 12:40 AM

Big Deal….It will be old news in a few weeks and Le’veon Bell will be running all over defenses in a few weeks. He made a mistake and definitely shouldnt have been on the road and I am sure the guy has learned his lesson because of it.

162. realphinsfan says: Aug 23, 2014 1:00 PM

I keep seeing comments about how “It’s like drinking a beer 2 hours before you drive” when it doesn’t say anywhere how much they smoked. What if between the 2 of them, they burned half a pound of grass and were stoned beyond all comprehension? They can definitely afford that much. One beer isn’t enough to get most people even buzzed, so to compare it to one beer is stupid.

163. crewchief15 says: Aug 23, 2014 4:55 PM

All drugs can be addictive, to say pot is not addictive is just bull hockey. By the way, I also think it should be legalized, that does not mean it’s not a drug or that it can not be abused.

164. juststeel says: Aug 23, 2014 10:35 PM

I never have a problem with smoking a little weed. There is a time and place for it though. This is not the time or place. You can’t teach stupid. It always rears its ugly head.

165. ajgreenhof says: Aug 24, 2014 10:48 AM

Someone is a baby toker and forgot he was still stoned after 2 hours.

166. 1greatusername says: Aug 28, 2014 1:02 PM