Skip to content

Report: Delano Howell’s neck injury isn’t career ending

Indianapolis Colts v New York Giants Getty Images

Colts General Manager Ryan Grigson didn’t sound too many optimistic notes about safety Delano Howell’s neck injury earlier this week when he said that Howell would need to form an “opinion with his wife and his agent” about next steps.

Whatever those conversations might be, it doesn’t sound like they’ll involve bringing an end to his career. Mike Wells of ESPN.com reports that the injury is not going to force him to stop playing football.

Howell met with doctors this week to discuss the best course of action and, per Wells, the Colts are expected to speak with them on Friday about where things go from here. At that point the timetable for a return to the field will presumably start to take shape.

The injury knocks Howell out his presumed spot alongside LaRon Landry in the Colts defense. Mike Adams is the next man up in that spot.

Permalink 4 Comments Feed for comments Latest Stories in: Home, Indianapolis Colts, Rumor Mill
4 Responses to “Report: Delano Howell’s neck injury isn’t career ending”
  1. thegreatgabbert says: Aug 22, 2014 1:44 PM

    The wife and the agent advised Delano to keep playing. Then they went off together for a quiet drink.

  2. oldbyrd says: Aug 22, 2014 2:29 PM

    Delano, remember,,,, The Lord moves in mysterious ways. Have courage and God be with you.

  3. “I impacted the game and as an official you never want to do that," Bill Leavy said in reference to Super Bowl XL. "It left me with a lot of sleepless nights and I think about it constantly. I’ll go to my grave wishing that I’d been better.” says: Aug 22, 2014 2:56 PM

    This is good news. The Colts doesn’t have to tank a season to replace Delano.

  4. orivar says: Aug 22, 2014 3:02 PM

    I hate when people just try to automatically assume the extent of an injury. If that’s my GM I’m having a private talk with him.

Leave a Reply

You must be logged in to leave a comment. Not a member? Register now!