Skip to content

Falcons drop to 63 players

cd0ymzcznguwzdbhnduynddiytjhm2yyzthlmtjjotqwyyznpta1ntvindu4mmningmwnwvlmjg3zwvmyjnlzgqzzgrk AP

Earlier on Friday, a few of the moves the Falcons made to get down to 53 players were announced via sources other than the team.

The team has confirmed those cuts — linebacker Pat Angerer, running back Josh Vaughn, tackle Pat McQuistan, linebacker Yawin Smallwood and fullback Maurice Hagens — and announced seven more. The moves leave the Falcons with 63 players and 10 more moves to make before Saturday’s deadline.

Some of the names among the seven other players cut may be familiar to avid Falcons or Hard Knocks fans, but all of them were long shots to wind up on the final roster. They are defensive end Nosa Eguae, cornerback Jordan Mabin, wide receiver Freddie Martino (pictured), safety Kimario McFadden, tight end Jacob Pedersen, offensive lineman Adam Replogle and defensive tackle Donte Rumph.

Mabin and Replogle were members of the Falcons practice squad last season while the other players were signed as undrafted free agents after being passed over in May.

Permalink 5 Comments Feed for comments Latest Stories in: Atlanta Falcons, Home, Rumor Mill
5 Responses to “Falcons drop to 63 players”
  1. pantherfan40 says: Aug 29, 2014 5:32 PM

    3 and 13 at best

  2. burtmurphy1 says: Aug 29, 2014 5:36 PM

    Correct. The panthers will be 3 – 13. At best.

  3. bucsorbust says: Aug 29, 2014 5:42 PM

    Rumor has it that Mike Smith called the league and asked if he was allowed to cut more.

  4. quidnuncq says: Aug 29, 2014 5:42 PM

    Awwww… not Cupcake….

  5. johnnylittle8 says: Aug 29, 2014 5:54 PM

    Why do panthers fans think they run the NFC South? They have No WR’s, No Oline, Cam is already hurt and your defense won’t put up the same numbers as last year. 6-10 at best for the Kitty Kats

Leave a Reply

You must be logged in to leave a comment. Not a member? Register now!