League fines Lynch $11,050 for unsportsmanlike conduct

Lynch Getty Images

Seahawks running back Marshawn Lynch won’t be saying “thank you” to the league office this week.  (He may instead be using a different two-word expression that ends in “you.”)

Per a league source, Lynch received a fine in the amount of $11,050 for his backward dive while grabbing his crotch into the end zone at the tail end of his career-long 79-yard touchdown run.  Lynch wasn’t flagged for the move, which was deemed to be unsportsmanlike conduct.

It’s the same finisher Lynch applied nearly four years ago, at the tail end of his “Beastquake” run against the Saints in the playoffs.  Monday’s edition of PFT on NBCSN included a split-screen of the eerily similar runs with the identical endings.

In the 2010 playoffs, Lynch was neither flagged nor fined for the move.  Last year, the NFL fined Patriots cornerback Logan Ryan $10,000 for doing the same thing.

Permalink 128 Comments Feed for comments Latest Stories in: Arizona Cardinals, Rumor Mill, Seattle Seahawks, Top Stories
128 Responses to “League fines Lynch $11,050 for unsportsmanlike conduct”
  1. BringBackTheFlex says: Dec 25, 2014 11:29 AM

What a classy guy.

2. doctorrustbelt says: Dec 25, 2014 11:29 AM

Small hands.

3. firerogergoodellnow says: Dec 25, 2014 11:29 AM

“Yeah”

4. 509seahawks says: Dec 25, 2014 11:30 AM

Roger Goodell = clown

5. punkyqb says: Dec 25, 2014 11:31 AM

Good example for our kids.

6. tattooit says: Dec 25, 2014 11:31 AM

Nice little Christmas bonus for you and the rest of your snickering little media pals, eh Mikey?

7. rainsarge says: Dec 25, 2014 11:33 AM

Isn’t grabbing your crotch the only appropriate gesture after a run like that.

8. BringBackTheFlex says: Dec 25, 2014 11:35 AM

MVPs usually show up for the bulk of the season. Lynch was a no-show for so many games this year. He’s got a whole FIVE games over 100 yards and SIX games under 70 yards.

He’s a good back, but just didn’t do enough all year. Besides, I thought Wilson was the only reason the Seahawks win.

9. raiderej says: Dec 25, 2014 11:37 AM

10. titansbro says: Dec 25, 2014 11:38 AM

Like him as a player, but he’s such a tool.

11. pftpoettwo says: Dec 25, 2014 11:41 AM

Hey marshawn, come to minny and board our love boat. You can do that move while falling into our frigid waters!

Vikings are the best, greatest, most wonderful, and exceptionally fantastic franchise since the time of the Romans!

Now excuse me while I go and thaw out my brain.

12. realnflmaster says: Dec 25, 2014 11:41 AM

No Fun League

13. raymondtx says: Dec 25, 2014 11:43 AM

Grow up marshawn.

14. kage916 says: Dec 25, 2014 11:44 AM

Yeah he gets fined but not flagged, Jarrell Freeman gets a BS flag for “taunting.” This league is a joke

15. hawkforlife says: Dec 25, 2014 11:44 AM

NFL consistency, the gift that keeps on giving.

16. gobuxfla says: Dec 25, 2014 11:56 AM

NFL: The Puritans of modern sport.

What’s next? Banning laughing and having fun?

17. sounddacharge17 says: Dec 25, 2014 12:08 PM

I know that was an awesome run but my god, That was just poor tackling on the cardinals. Petterson that was just pathetic, lynch shoved you away like the waste of resources that you are. Props to lynch but seriously NFL step your tackling game up

18. megatronownsyou says: Dec 25, 2014 12:08 PM

Marshawn Lynch is a criminal and a bad person. A DUI, assault, gun charges etc…and if you watch him during games he basically never stops talking trash to his opponents. A lowlife scumbag in the truest sense of the term

19. truths4all says: Dec 25, 2014 12:14 PM

According to Sherman, Lynch was just sending a message to Patrick Peterson about his flimsy, girlie tackle attempt when he performed his backward dive while grabbing his crotch into the end zone at the tail end of his career-long 79-yard touchdown run.

Lynch was saying that Peterson’s feeble tackle attempt was a real insult and an affront to him and to NFL football. Reviewing the tape, Peterson wanted no part of Lynch.

20. patsfan1820 says: Dec 25, 2014 12:21 PM

I’m sure it was worth every penny.

21. bedoubleu16 says: Dec 25, 2014 12:38 PM

Dear nfl players, if you could please just play the game without emotion, don’t do anything that may fire yourselves up because someone else might feel inferior, please stop having individual personalities and please just play like the robots we want you all to become! Keep complaining about everything people, entertainment will become a thing of the past

22. shutmdownd says: Dec 25, 2014 12:45 PM

They should fine Arizona’s D for that pathetic excuse for tackling…

23. happy8kiddo says: Dec 25, 2014 12:45 PM

To those idiots that think this is good for football. Go watch professional wrestling.

Thank you Lynch for showing your true personality. Since you don’t follow league rules that everyone including players that are much better than you.

you will never get into the HALL. enjoy.

24. dzimas61 says: Dec 25, 2014 12:56 PM

All this attention just feeds the Beast. Long live Beastmode!

25. cri33 says: Dec 25, 2014 1:03 PM

And increase Lynch’s fine to $500K. He won’t say “thank you” after that.

26. quickstrong says: Dec 25, 2014 1:16 PM

Great athlete but very unbalanced emotionally and socially, something is very wrong.

27. goodluckfan says: Dec 25, 2014 1:34 PM

I think it is time for a new commissioner thare hasent been a fine or game suspension for the player that went helmet to helmet against the sliding Chicago Qb so it seems he can’t do his jod right

28. seabrawk12 says: Dec 25, 2014 1:37 PM

None of you will ever experience the awesomeness that Beastmode experienced after that run. Keep hating, stay jealous, Merry Christmas . . . Thanks for aksing.

29. cleepord says: Dec 25, 2014 1:45 PM

Like it or not kids ARE watching. Even if it wasn’t a football game on tv I wouldn’t like my kids to see it. I know they don’t have to be role models if they don’t want to, however……

30. travisbicklesmohawk says: Dec 25, 2014 1:46 PM

Only 15 year old pop stars are allowed to grab their crotch, Marshawn.

I’d pay good money to see Goodell kicked in his.

31. number1hawkfan says: Dec 25, 2014 1:52 PM

Get used to it Seahawks haters. It’s gonna be a bad new year for you. Gonna be watching a lot of Seahawk games. Including watching them get covered in blue and green confetti. Anybody who doesn’t like lynch is someone I wouldn’t wanna hang out with. Get off your high horse, it’s funny. I don’t get offended by anything, I’m not a victim.

32. abqhawk says: Dec 25, 2014 1:54 PM

The NFL should fine itself $1bil for being a den of consistently inconsistent jackasses. Particularly the jackass who runs the big show.

33. surfinbird1 says: Dec 25, 2014 1:56 PM

Can’t even imagine having that much money. To know that you’re gonna be fined that much for one grab of your crotch and not care about it. These guys are getting paid way too much.

34. motsuret06 says: Dec 25, 2014 1:59 PM

This loon is very generous with his game checks as he is a regular contributor to NFL worthy causes albeit always involuntarily. A fool and his money are soon parted.

35. seahawkz4life says: Dec 25, 2014 2:16 PM

It was worth it, now to get all them Arizona fans to eat some crow. well the ones that swore up and down there was going to win

36. brucetrimble says: Dec 25, 2014 2:25 PM

That Lynch is a real class act. It’s a shame that so many kids see the game and his immature and unprofessional antics. The NFL should thank him for not speaking to the media.

37. brucetrimble says: Dec 25, 2014 2:30 PM

With Lynch and Sherman’s brash antics, the Seahawks are becoming unwatchable. Should they return to the Super Bowl, I’ll not be one of the worldwide viewers.

38. restorativejusticeprogram says: Dec 25, 2014 3:09 PM

If only AP did that after his touchdown runs he wouldn’t have a half-dozen children with a half-dozen different women around the country. Am I right?

39. jay59brp says: Dec 25, 2014 3:10 PM

Marshawn The Best In The League…He Doesnt Miss Games…Preductable…What Happen To The Reggie Bushes of the league the Chris Johnson Of The League…My Point Is Dont Believe in the hype Marshawn about that Action Boss Lol

40. JaminJake says: Dec 25, 2014 3:13 PM

Soon football will be played via the coaches submitting their play to the super computer and it will run the play 100,000 times to insure the results are accurate. Ball will just be placed at the spot the computer deems correct.

GOOD JOB GOODELL!

How about you penalize for yourself for violating the spirit of Football?

41. easyeddie says: Dec 25, 2014 3:24 PM

42. shaggytoodle says: Dec 25, 2014 3:29 PM

I am not offended by his move, I think its silly that he is so against talking to the media, but ok with making that kind of statement.

I do hope the parents that voice concern over this sort of action, take the time to explain to their kids why this isn’t an appropriate action. After seeing it you could have it explained to your child before the fist car commercial is over. After all it is the parents job to make sure their kids are raised properly, not Lynch’s.

43. cleepord says: Dec 25, 2014 3:36 PM

punkyqb says:
    Dec 25, 2014 11:31 AM
    Good example for our kids.

—-

I said the same thing. How can people not approve of a comment like that? Something to be said for good sportsmanship and humility. 11 times out of 10 I’m going to teach my kid how to be a good human. The world needs more of it. Not a lions fan but I miss Barry Sanders.

44. edlf2014 says: Dec 25, 2014 5:01 PM

Don’t know what his yearly income is but if it is up there where I think it might be $11,050 is pocket change. The fine then is a joke.

45. hawkforlife says: Dec 25, 2014 5:02 PM

To all of you that are crying about your kids please stop. First I watched the play live including the instant replays and never even noticed it until the uproar by PFT and other sports news outlets.

Second, I would be more worried about the TV & movie shootings, rapes, stabbings, thefts, bombings, nudity and Jerry Springer types than I would one crotch grab by an athlete in mid air.

46. boobobadoo says: Dec 25, 2014 5:09 PM

After making such a long, physical run, I too would be adjusting and holding my cup to make sure the fall on the ground does not move it out of position.

I guess Goodell never wore one in his days.

47. megatronownsyou says: Dec 25, 2014 5:10 PM

Oh wait I forgot hit and run. But everyone that gave me thumbs downs is right and I’m wrong. He’s a great guy and not a criminal at all.

48. jshawaii22 says: Dec 25, 2014 5:23 PM

Yet millions of adults with their children go see the WWE every week and you just don’t see an uproar. The DGeneration X used to used the “Crotch Grab” as a normal part of the act and no-one cared…

What is the issue?

Marshawn Lynch gives more to his Oakland charities in a year then you or I give in a lifetime, yet no-one mentions that.

The 10k fine is a joke in a league that promotes Cheerleader outfits so small, you couldn’t or wouldn’t wear it in any other public location, but all that’s OK, too, as long as it’s ‘holsome’ T&A… right NFL?

js

49. cleepord says: Dec 25, 2014 5:29 PM

hawkforlife says:
    Dec 25, 2014 5:02 PM

——-

I am more worried about that. People shouldn’t have to worry about these issues with sports on tv. But yeah you’re right kids aren’t impressionable at all are they….what with all the school shootings, and B.S. happening with the young people in Missouri. You’re right athletes grab away at your wangs and act like punks, beat people up it’s cool. I’m sure I am just missing the point.

50. Ferdinand says: Dec 25, 2014 5:44 PM

“Ain’t no man can avoid being born average, but there ain’t no man got to be common.” – Satchel Paige

51. sactogary says: Dec 25, 2014 5:52 PM

Dec 25, 2014 1:52 PM – number1hawkfan says: … Anybody who doesn’t like lynch is someone I wouldn’t wanna hang out with. Get off your high horse, it’s funny. I don’t get offended by anything, I’m not a victim.
    —————————————–
    Yeah, try that at your workplace. Get everyone’s attention, and grab your crotch in front of a bunch of customers. You might get a lot of support from the classless cronies you “wanna hang out with,” but from your employer? Not so much.

52. 22yearsagotoday says: Dec 25, 2014 5:55 PM

Michael Jackson grabbed his crotch a lot.

53. 22yearsagotoday says: Dec 25, 2014 5:57 PM

“Seattle wouldn’t know class if it bit em in the arse. Lynch, Sherman, Carroll and their anarchist fans.”

At least they’re not antiChrist fans. Then, I’d be worried.

54. jerrykill4pres says: Dec 25, 2014 6:12 PM

Total tool this guy is…

He fits right in with that cast of characters in seattle… PED pete, is the perfect leader for this cast of characters.

Just like his mock interview he did. Old Rog should have fined him for that as well. “Yeah” right lynch?….

This band of losers is perfect for seattle… Their superbowl and .484 winning percentage.. They sure have sooooooo much to brag about over everyone else in the league. Even Carolina and Jacksonville have a better win percentage than seattle does. It’s all doom and gloom in the pacific northwest!

55. mellimac says: Dec 25, 2014 6:18 PM

What! Ridiculous. Never noticed, nor would care if I did. Boys are always adjusting their packages. No need to irritate him, especially since he is not on my fav team. My team has a very cute guy who dropped an F bomb…he was right to ask why the morons taped it. This isn’t a monk retreat, it is football. You blow up a WHOLE team with that run, you might be tad pumped up. And if those idiots in head office keep pushing him, he’ll take a walk…not good. He may not be chatty Kathy, but he exemplifies second effort. No one comes close. There was a play a few games back, where he was upended, and while upside down he had his legs still churning. Like he could run upside down!…that was my ah-ha moment. This dude never quits.

56. jimmitch says: Dec 25, 2014 6:34 PM

I really don’t like celebrations every time someone makes a sack tackle or mediocre play. ReMinds me of what the xfl was trying to do. But I have liked Seahawks since they were a team. I spent a long time watching them lose. I’m loving their style of play offense defense special teams. All three phases.

57. ritchi33 says: Dec 25, 2014 6:38 PM

No Fun League……. Strikes again!

58. jshawaii22 says: Dec 25, 2014 6:39 PM

So which is worse NFL?

Marshawn’s 2 second, you had to watch it a few times on ESPN before you knew what it really was…

OR:

Tom Brady’s four letter forum that was very obvious and very much in your face… but no fine for the white, future HOF’er… right NFL?

js

59. stankytoes12 says: Dec 25, 2014 6:51 PM

Watched it like 100 times, sure doesn’t look that blatant, kinda looks like hes grabbing his thight, but I guess the first 10 times I watched this play before I ever knew he grabbed himself I never noticed, guess its not really a big deal at all until someone can make a few bucks by saying it is. Nice run, really was, wasn’t as good as the run vs NO, but it was beast mode none the less. Dudes a beast but im glad to have Lacy:)

60. stankytoes12 says: Dec 25, 2014 6:56 PM

Also it seems like the NFL genuinely dislikes Lynch, I don’t really understand, his persona is mysterious and the fans love it, let him be, let him be his own character, the fans don’t need to hear every players cliché by the book pressers after every game, we like this guy. And im a Packers fan, but I like this guy, and I like that he doesn’t give a F about anything other than making grown men look like toddlers on the football field. Hes part of the reason the NFL is successful, hes not part of the % of NFL players that hurt the NFL image, leave him alone.

61. revren10 says: Dec 25, 2014 7:35 PM

Who cares if he grabbed his crotch, Seahawks will lose in the playoffs. No Super Bowl victory this year, since they don’t have PED’s and the ability to hold receivers on every play

62. realitycheckbaby says: Dec 25, 2014 7:48 PM

What did Brady get fined??????

That’s what I thought.

63. abqhawk says: Dec 25, 2014 7:56 PM

cleepord says: Dec 25, 2014 1:45 PM

======================================

I hope all you do-gooder types whining about this shield your little dung beetles from watching the evening news. What you see there is far far worse than what you and the media claim Lynch did. Had the media not brought it to everyone’s attention over and over and over it would have been a total no issue. This is pay back it seems for his interviews.

64. j huber says: Dec 25, 2014 8:02 PM

Whats really happening here is all those fans of other pathetic teams, venting their frustration about another year, with a loosing team and record.

Poor people, some teams been in league more than 50 years, ain’t never been to the dance or playoffs. But each years they bring back same tired coaches and players. Insanity is doing the same thing over and over again, and exspecting a different result.

Go Hawks

65. polegojim says: Dec 25, 2014 8:04 PM

Boys mind in a mans body.

…But talking to the media is too much for him.

Very small.

66. tonebones says: Dec 25, 2014 8:13 PM

Weed them out one by one. Ray Rice, Peterson, and Lynch is next. Parents that spend money on products they see advertised during NFL games will start turning off their TV sets if the league didn’t do anything to keep these guys in line. The sponsors start pulling out and then everyone loses money. Players, owners, and commissioners. It’s not about having fun or being politically correct. It’s about money and the NFL is big business. That’s why they have an intelligent guy like Roger Goodell running the show. That’s why everyone’s making money. In other words, Goodell and the NFL are doing Marshawn a favor. He may not have the brains to figure it out, but its’ true.

67. tugsnipe says: Dec 25, 2014 8:17 PM

Everyone hating on Lynch about this didn’t even know he grabbed crotch until the stupid NFL made a big deal about it. I know it is just the same as shooting someone, fight animals or beating one your wife so we must spot it. Everyone I talked to who watched the game didn’t even see him grab his crotch so shut the hell up about the “Kids seeing this”. The ones bitching about the kids see this are probably have “sexy” and “juicy” written on they pants while watching honey boo boo.

68. leatherface2012isloosebutthole says: Dec 25, 2014 8:20 PM

The NFL should fine this mental midget a lot more than that.

69. sw19womble says: Dec 25, 2014 8:30 PM

Testing

70. lnfinite says: Dec 25, 2014 8:32 PM

Add games to his punishment. Here is an idea, act like you have been in the end zone before dimwit.

71. astburyj says: Dec 25, 2014 8:48 PM

“No Juice”

72. infectorman says: Dec 25, 2014 8:48 PM

listen to all the lowlife Cheathawk fans defending this shlub.
    You guys are funny.
    “Don’t you insult MY rb, don’t you know my whole life revolves around a football team and I have nothing else to live for so I have defned a classless POS that doesn’t even know I exist?”

pathetic

truths4all says:
    Dec 25, 2014 12:14 PM

According to Sherman

****************
    Stopped reading right there

73. stampnhawk says: Dec 25, 2014 8:56 PM

Best part of that was Peterson with the “excuse me” attempt at a tackle, given all the smack he talks about it his salary numbers.

74. footballfan58 says: Dec 25, 2014 8:58 PM

Didn’t see the crotch grabbing incident, but all I can think of whenever I hear of or see a guy doing this is that he must have some manhood insecurities. Why would a grown man think he’s cool to be grabbing and shaking his crotch in public??? I guess anything goes if it “makes” you more of a man.

75. apkyletexas says: Dec 25, 2014 9:02 PM

Would have been a great run if it had mattered to the outcome of the game. Beast mode in garbage time of a blowout though? Who really cares. Seattle won’t need his services next year, or to succeed in the playoffs this year.

76. billybone says: Dec 25, 2014 9:05 PM

NFL’s thinking is to fine him but then show it as a highlight on their network. Double dipping revenue and audience viewership all in one swoop.

And then people wonder why Lynch doesn’t do interviews. Some people stand for a greater message than the conformity that corporate America desires.

A lot of folks dislike the Hawks, but take the time to understand what these “misfit” players are trying to say and I’d think most of you would find a sense of appreciation.

77. smackingfools says: Dec 25, 2014 9:09 PM

I loved how they showed the replay 3 or 4 times after he did it. But the NFL has a problem with it.

78. smackingfools says: Dec 25, 2014 9:16 PM

All of you saying you didn’t notice most not have been watching. Or can’t see very well. I noticed it right off. Then again in the 3 or 4 times they had to show the replay.

79. chuckshontaspads says: Dec 25, 2014 9:20 PM

Lynches act was part of a scoring play- Brady was showing frustration on the sidelines, Pretty different circumstances I would say. CBS had to show Lynch they chose to show Brady.

80. rascalmanny says: Dec 25, 2014 10:07 PM

First letter …………………..T
    Second letter ………………H
    Third letter . ………………..U
    Fourth letter . ……………..G

These players need to be removed from the NFL.

81. dstep24 says: Dec 25, 2014 10:12 PM

what people on here don’t seem to understand, is that Lynch doesn’t really give a rip what anyone thinks. Growing up where he grew up, he’s been called worse, has been treated worse, and has seen a lot worse than the crybaby garbage that the media and a lot of fans of other teams throw at him. Say all you want. This is a guy who knows who he is. The crotch grab may have been a little extreme, but I don’t want my kids growing up to please other people. Life is too short. Be your own person. You do you, Marshawn.

82. lnfinite says: Dec 25, 2014 10:18 PM

Classless act fine him games.

83. mda000 says: Dec 25, 2014 10:28 PM

ESPN didn’t have any problem making it the #2 POD… I really didn’t notice it until this article. Yes, I have kids, no Lynch is not raising them. Every time you run a couple of guys over, that is one hell of a run.

84. sureban says: Dec 25, 2014 10:37 PM

“Love You”?

85. bornahawker says: Dec 25, 2014 10:41 PM

Do not expect TV to raise your verminous brats. If you are dumb enough to bring kids into this global debt and death Ponzi scheme then that’s your problem. How about spending your time putting an end to the importing of heroin for your brats by the CIA. Go Hawks!

86. afcdomination says: Dec 25, 2014 10:44 PM

its just childish. no matter what you think of whether or not they should be forced to do it, it is in their contracts. that is really all that matters, so to act like he is acting, its just really immature, you are paid among the top Americans for a job that covers all of a 4-5 month period.

to be honest it just makes me not like the guy. all you have to do is be a decent person, and you know, follow what you signed.

87. noteamforlosangeles says: Dec 25, 2014 10:54 PM

Like none of you didn’t bother to scratch where it itched before…..whatever…

88. packerbacker12 says: Dec 25, 2014 10:55 PM

“I thought it was hilarious and all in fun. Oh the complete and total hypocrisy of the league.”

Fun? How is grabbing your junk ‘fun’? These are professional football players. As Vince Lombardi would say “When you score a touchdown, act like you’ve been there before’. What Lynch did was immature.

89. amaf21 says: Dec 25, 2014 11:09 PM

#trash

90. liftheavyorliftheavy says: Dec 25, 2014 11:32 PM

rascalmanny says:
    Dec 25, 2014 10:07 PM
    First letter …………………..T
    Second letter ………………H
    Third letter . ………………..U
    Fourth letter . ……………..G

These players need to be removed from the NFL.

—————–

What are you REALLY trying to say?

91. mikeinhouston says: Dec 25, 2014 11:42 PM

The fine was worth it. Thanks for asking.

92. usdcoyotesfan says: Dec 25, 2014 11:58 PM

Roid rage.

93. shaggytoodle says: Dec 26, 2014 12:22 AM

afcdomination says:
    Dec 25, 2014 10:44 PM

________

I understand Lynch isn’t easy to like I am indifferent on him, from the whole taking a tip at a restaurant, to riding around midfield on the injury cart in college.

He is a goofy dude, but he has been well behaved, and like his contract says if you don’t do something you will be fined. He pays them, Seattle has a other people that I find way more obnoxious in the organization. I know he has strikes on him for his past, but right now it seems the biggest knock his media interaction.

I noticed the grab right away but whatever, there are commercials where a guy gets punched in the junk trying to buy razors, there will probably be stuff like that at the Super Bowl as well, Is there going to be a big fuss then? Probably not

94. 34defense2014 says: Dec 26, 2014 12:27 AM

I don’t understand peeps that say duh,, no fun league! NFL does not want there players expressing themselves. Just be NFL robots and not be able to enjoy themselves. So crossing a white line painted on a field gives you the right to act like an 18 year old? All the way from ODBjr to Lynch, it’s pathetic! If it where up to me, they wouldn’t be allowed to celebrate at all!! Be a Pro, act like a pro on and off the field! When a professional football player scores. Why don’t they just act like they’ve Been there before? And they’ll be back be real soon? By just simply doing what the greatest Halfback did his brief Pro career and just give the ball to the Official? Now that would be professional, cool, fun and much respected! Instead of what these knuckleheads do now. If they don’t like that rule and they can not act like kids when they score? Then they should have chosen a different career. Maybe work 5 or 6 days a week, 10, 14 hour days for 60k a year? Lynch should have been suspended for the Playoffs! lol lol start handing out punishments like that. Plus 50k lol guarantee they would just hand the ball to the Official then:-) lol

95. brianjoates says: Dec 26, 2014 12:27 AM

Did all fines go up $1,050.00 this season?

96. beastmode5150 says: Dec 26, 2014 12:29 AM

Man, the Hawks have been struggling the last 3 years without any PED suspensions.

97. 34defense2014 says: Dec 26, 2014 12:37 AM

He definitely should have been suspended for the playoffs +50k! Set a precedent that a selfish act such as this hurts the other 52 players! All this nonsense would end real quick! lol

98. hawkhopkins12 says: Dec 26, 2014 12:44 AM

Here’s the Deal………Marshawn Lynch is true to himself and the Game!! For all you perfect Angels out there that haven’t ever screwed up I understand for you how’s it’s hard to understand? You’re so busy judging others you forget the Cardinal rule that when you’re so busy pointing fingers you’ll always have 3 pointing back at yourselves!!!!! Stop the Hating if you can? True NFL fans support players that play the Game at the Highest Level!!! Marshawn Lynch is Truly one of the Most Amazing Players to watch play the game……..exciting to say the Least. As far as the Commissioner and his Fining of Lynch, please really!!! Commissioner is the epitome of Dumb & Dumber!! Seahawks go to Super Bowl 49 and Win and for all the chatters and naysayers that doesn’t happen by Accident! You don’t get air lifted to Back to Back SB’s……….Lynch is true to himself and the Game and that’s more than I can say about most of the Hatters in the Blog and the Commissioner……….. please!!!

99. knew8411 says: Dec 26, 2014 1:20 AM

Thats a pretty classless expression. I’ve seen high schoolers that werent that immature.

100. captainpicardsfacepalm says: Dec 26, 2014 1:51 AM

Yeah

101. californiaqid says: Dec 26, 2014 2:36 AM

I’m tired of the NFL being the morality police. This trend is a mistake and I suspect will create a lot of unnecessary problems in the future.

102. bnwpnw says: Dec 26, 2014 3:37 AM

WON’T SOMEBODY THINK OF THE CHILDREN???

103. drswaggletooth says: Dec 26, 2014 5:03 AM

For a man who does not celebrate scoring a TD all season, not even during the last three seasons it is an absolute disgrace to fine him. He never spikes the ball, just drops it in the end zone….never even does a high five, he only shakes hands with other players, to fine him is pure stupidity…just look at his track record of in excessive celebration. While it may not have been appropriate, it was one of the best runs in the history of the NFL….and a little of this or that just might happen on a run like that….beastmode 2.0

104. clssylssy says: Dec 26, 2014 6:47 AM

As a Cards fan, I can just laugh and acknowledge that alot of Cards fans probably felt he was justified, I totally missed it (thanks for making an issue out of something once again that probably would have gone unnoticed).
    Lynch is an amazing player and true Beast and the league should leave these guys alone! Nobody was injured and “boys will be boys”; get over yourselves…this isn’t church and these aren’t choirboys. There’s gonna be cusing and obscene gestures between the “boys”…it’s football not girlscouts! Whose to say he didn’t have to go to the bathroom real bad?
    As Sir Charles Barkley once said, “I’m not a role model”, people need to do their own parenting and fans going to football games need to realize they may hear or see something that offends their overly sensitive, moralistic little life bubble–this is the NFL!
    They don’t hand out the Lombardi for sportsmanship and the Hawks are playing Champiionship caliber football. The NFL needs to get back to it’s roots and the days when the game could entertain as well as be tough without all the BS fines and frivolous rules.

105. icabodslip says: Dec 26, 2014 7:10 AM

Goodell is a nut.

106. realdealsteel says: Dec 26, 2014 8:25 AM

Bogus fines for nothing is just another example why the NFL is ever so slowly eroding. In 10 years, when the NFL’s attendance and audience is half of what it is now, idiots like Roger Goodall will be scratching their heads and wondering why.

107. nyneal says: Dec 26, 2014 8:57 AM

I saw him do that and couldn’t believe he didn’t get flagged. You’re not supposed to do that type of thing.

Plus — how stupid is it to risk an injury by throwing yourself on the ground on your back like that? It just doesn’t make any sense. Had he gotten hurt by doing that, he’d have been nominated for a Darwin Award.

108. realitycheckbaby says: Dec 26, 2014 9:19 AM

None of you even know if his hand was there on purpose and didn’t know he’d done it until it was reported.

“My kids…”

BS!

And most of you blamed Brady’s tirade on the media.

Hypocrites.

We’re going to win it and deep down you know it.

109. kroptonik says: Dec 26, 2014 9:21 AM

Dec 25, 2014 10:55 PM

———-

You must never watch seahawks games, that’s the SECOND TIME IN HIS CAREER in seattle that he has really even celebrated a touchdown, the rest of the time he calms down the rest of the guys around him and shakes hands before walking off the field to let the defense do their thing dominating your team…

110. realitycheckbaby says: Dec 26, 2014 9:21 AM

BTW – The comments about him risking injury with an already bad back were spot on.

111. rocbills says: Dec 26, 2014 9:35 AM

Still a punk .

112. dan1961 says: Dec 26, 2014 10:37 AM

What is considered one of the greatest runs in NFL history the beast quake run against the saints in the playoffs in 2010 and has been showed many many many times he did the exact same thing at the end of that run where were all the haters then?

113. seattlesue427 says: Dec 26, 2014 10:59 AM

Players routinely jump into the stands, do obscene dance moves, and engage in all manner of caveman celebrations (which I LOVE) and Lynch gets fined for flopping on his back with his hand in his crotch? The NFL is just pissed off because Lynch won’t conform to NFL corporate standards and pander to the media. Ridiculous!

114. Dogsweat says: Dec 26, 2014 11:10 AM

A bag of peanuts is smarter than Marchelle Lunch, the league should fine him for being a tub of goo.

115. mellimac says: Dec 26, 2014 11:29 AM

Lynch should get sign made up for the mandatory interviews…buy a vowel $50, buy a consonant $100.
    Crotch grab $11050

116. rukkus1 says: Dec 26, 2014 11:59 AM

But muh kids saw it!

^^^ I get tired of these people, and I consider myself to be a pretty concerned parent. 90% of the content on tv is: sexualized, violent, consumerism. .. not much good at all about tv.

I don’t think Marshawn’s 1 second iniquity should be your concern

117. mizzousooner says: Dec 26, 2014 12:03 PM

Classless punk.

118. ateeezzz says: Dec 26, 2014 12:05 PM

If the NFL finds this outrageous enough to fine him $11050, they should fine themselves the same for each time the show the run he did on New Orleans on their own channel. talk about a double standard.

119. dasmol says: Dec 26, 2014 12:08 PM

So what does the crotch grab mean? Tell me that, and then describe how it’s appropriate for the league’s image.

There’s nothing mysterious about Lynch. He’s just like Christmas Vacation: No Class

120. johnd757 says: Dec 26, 2014 5:08 PM

Seahawks and Lynch should spice up the celebration little bit next time.
    Instead of handshake after TD, they should do crotch shake with each other😉

121. jessesgear says: Dec 26, 2014 6:50 PM

I find it hilarious seeing everybody sarcastically call Lynch “classy”, or even sarcastically commend him for being such a good role-model.
    #1. Your kids are making far worse gestures than that on the playground at school every day, and it has nothing to do with football players.
    #2. It’s not like he was making direct eye-contact with someone and grabbing his junk and moving it around, he literally struck a pose mid-air after a 79 yard TD run and held that pose for like, 1/4 of a second.
    #3. It’s ok to call out Lynch for this as not being classy, yet no one gives Tom Brady crap from obviously yelling obscenities on the field or coaches cussing out refs on the sidelines.
    #4. This isn’t a bunch of kids playing two-hand touch at Sunday school. These are grown men getting physically assaulted constantly, who often times give a ton of time and money back to their communities, and are regular human beings besides all that.
    Finally, #5. The NFL is rapidly doing everything it can to turn football into a no-contact, offense-only, do-it-for-the-money sport/business. Maybe football needs more players who do it with passion and occasionally express that passion with a taunt or celebration.
    I’d rather my kids see someone who put in years and years of hard work, who can achieve something great and is genuinely excited about having done so than a bunch of PC, overpaid stiffs who are more worried about offending someone than making a great play.
    Stop trying to take the sports out of sports.

122. hawkforlife says: Dec 26, 2014 7:40 PM

Gotta add one more comment. For you posters that call him a punk, I dare you to walk up to him and say that. I’ll personally give you a hundred bucks each.

123. BringBackTheFlex says: Dec 26, 2014 9:30 PM

jessesgear says:
    =====================

You are missing the point. Brady’s tirade was not during the play. The cameras had to go search him out on the sideline. That is on the networks for not cutting away. Coaches cussing out the refs are usually for a reason, bad call or replay, again,the networks fault for searching those things out.

Lynch’s potting training incident happened DURING a scoring play when the cameras are supposed to be on him. Hard to justify the cameras cutting away from a scoring play.

Stop defending a classless act – you’re making yourself look bad.

124. shaggytoodle says: Dec 27, 2014 2:00 AM

BringBackTheFlex says:
    Dec 26, 2014 9:30 PM
    jessesgear says:
    =====================

I feel you are missing the point. Brady’s tirade was not during the play. The cameras had to go search him out on the sideline. That is on the networks for not cutting away. Coaches cussing out the refs are usually for a reason, bad call or replay, again,the networks fault for searching those things out.

Stop defending a classless act – you’re making yourself look bad.
    __________

I think you are missing the point actually, he isn’t saying what Lynch did was ok, he is trying to say don’t overreact so much.

People run out to Crucify Lynch for a silly choice, Yet Brady gets somewhat of a pass after showering his sideline with the F-Word. I get that Brady doesn’t have the baggage the Lynch does.

Some people will say that these are just a reaction you get from being guys being super”competitive” Some people will tolerate one act more than the other. Some people will say they are both poor sports.

I think both guys made Donkeys of them selves regarding their situation, but I also don’t think anyone needs to get lynched over it though.

125. proudchowdahead13 says: Dec 27, 2014 11:48 AM

Imagine if MLB fined players every time they grabbed their crotch!

126. dstxb says: Dec 27, 2014 9:02 PM

Why so sensitive? Is this really a big deal? He’s classless?? Only a classless person like Marshawn Lynch would do what he does for the city of Oakland. Lol

127. largentthanlife says: Dec 29, 2014 1:58 AM

Not only what he does for Oakland, but a local news story here (in Seattle) a few weeks ago showed Lynch and Lockette on video footage at a gas station finding a lost wallet. They checked the I.D. and the guys last name was Lynch so Marshawn and Ricardo returned the wallet to the guy in person right then. They drove to the address and returned the wallet. He might not live up to everyone’s standards for class, media relations etc. but to me this story illustrates his character.

128. bigbwoy000 says: Dec 29, 2014 7:41 AM

Michael Irvin pulled a similar move back in the 90’s against the Eagles in Veterans stadium after scoring & Eagle fans are still butt sore about that. That “perceived unacceptable” taunt was the basis for, a couple of seasons later, the Vet giving a standing ovation to Irvin laying motionless on the turf for a long time with what announcers thought might have been a serious neck injury. The crowd in Philly cheered loudly & gleefully the whole time he was on the turf.