Zimmer remains confident Peterson will remain a Viking

Getty Images

On Monday, Adrian Peterson’s agent has said it’s not in the player’s best interests to remain with the Vikings.  On Tuesday, the team’s head coach made it clear that his views on Peterson haven’t changed.

“I think everyone knows how I feel about Adrian,” coach Mike Zimmer told PFT Live on NBC Sports Radio.  “I respect him from the day I met him as a football player and everything else.  He’s done so many good things as a community and the state of Minnesota for the Twin Cities.  Really, we are just looking forward to getting him back and getting back with his teammates and playing for us.  I can’t speculate on what other people say.  All I know is how I feel and where we feel as an organization.”

Zimmer seemed surprised that Adrian’s agent would declare that Adrian is better off with another team.

“I know when we talked about football and the vision that I have for our football team and the vision I have for him, he seemed good to me,” Zimmer said.  “I know that I have been in situations before that I haven’t felt like it was the right situation, but I was under contract and it worked out great and I believe that’s how it’s going to happen here.”

In other words (quite possibly), Adrian has made a contractual commitment that makes his personal feelings irrelevant.  He’s under contract, for three more seasons.  And the Vikings don’t seem to be inclined to do anything about that.

I specifically asked Zimmer whether the “Adrian is under contract” mantra arises from a desire to maximize Peterson’s trade value, like the declaration from two years ago that the team had “no intent” to trade Percy Harvin.  Zimmer said that the Vikings want Peterson to stay with the team.

“That is always the number one thing to get him in the backfield with [quarterback] Teddy [Bridgewater], [receiver] Mike Wallace on the outside, [receiver] Charles Johnson the outside, [tight end] Kyle Rudolph inside,” Zimmer said.  “That’s always been the situation we want to be in.”

Zimmer still believes that, come Week One, Peterson will be a Viking.

“One of the things that everybody in the world remembers is Adrian Peterson as a Minnesota Viking. When he gets a chance to get into the Hall of Fame, when he gets to go in there, he’s going to want to go in with how everyone represented him and remembered him.  I just feel that’s how it’s going to work out.”

If the Vikings are merely trying to generate trade leverage by feigning interest in keeping Peterson, they should all finish the trek from Minnesota to Phoenix to Hollywood.  The interest in keeping him, both on and off the record, seems to be real and genuine.  While no one ever from the Vikings may say to him “play for us or play for no one,” that’s the dilemma he quite possibly will face.

Permalink 102 Comments Feed for comments Latest Stories in: Minnesota Vikings, Rumor Mill, Top Stories
102 Responses to “Zimmer remains confident Peterson will remain a Viking”
  1. restorativejusticeprogram says: Mar 24, 2015 4:43 PM

Stop the charade!
    No decent team would want this moron and child abuser on their squad.

2. In Teddy We Trust says: Mar 24, 2015 4:46 PM

Yes, I believe the Vikings are sincere in wanting AP (Aladdin Peterson) to play for them this year. At the same time, they aren’t stupid. If someone makes them a good offer, they will ship him off.

3. darkneptune73 says: Mar 24, 2015 4:46 PM

This whole situation is confusing. Agent says Peterson isn’t coming back. Zimmer says he is. AP says nothing.

The hell is up with that?

4. In Teddy We Trust says: Mar 24, 2015 4:49 PM

It seems like everyone on the Vikings wants him back and are bending over backwards to make him feel loved. Is Peterson just trying to avoid the awkward moment when he passes Kevin Warren in the hall?

5. truehoosier62 says: Mar 24, 2015 4:49 PM

In this whole sordid drama, Zimmer is perhaps the only component associated in any way with the Minnesota, that’s been decent to Adrian.

6. upnorthvikesfan says: Mar 24, 2015 4:49 PM

AP needs to fire his agent. He is leading him down the wrong path just so he can get a bigger paycheck for himself. AP, get a new agent & come home to Minnesota and blame it all on the old agent and all will be forgiven.

7. favrelous says: Mar 24, 2015 4:50 PM

but first he is going to whip AP with a switch for acting like an entitled baby…..

8. Norseman says: Mar 24, 2015 4:51 PM

He’s a great fit in the Vikings offense, and the best RB in the league. It’s not hard to imagine the Vikings are genuine in wanting him in the backfield with Bridgewater, Wallace, Johnson, Patterson, Rudolph- it’s a potent combo.

It’s not like AP is going to make more money going elsewhere- most likely it will be less if a trade ever happened.

Sooner or later Peterson may realize, contrary to what his agent said, it is in his best interest to remain in Minnesota.

That being the case, he better start mending fences with the organization and fanbase, both of which are rapidly tiring of this BS.

9. purplekoolaid1 says: Mar 24, 2015 4:51 PM

This is actually a tough situation in my opinion. When a player doesn’t want to play where he is under contract, it can become a poisonous situation, and downright distracting as adversity on the field arises.

Every time he gets tackled for a loss a few times, fumbles and has a 50 yard rushing game, people are going to start questioning his desire and effort. He might be stand-offish towards teammates and coaches. He might intentionally dog it during practice and in some games. The list goes on and on and it will snowball.

Not to mention the media will be a factor in all of it and be the fuel to the fire.

While I know this isn’t correct and it feeds into Peterson, it’s almost better to offload the poison before it wrecks the entire team. The chatter about him being unhappy and wanting a trade will never go away, even if he suits up in Week 1 in a Vikings uniform.

Just my opinion on the matter.

10. Fake French Accent says: Mar 24, 2015 4:51 PM

“The NFL is Modern Day Slavery.” – the wise sage, Sir Adrian Peterson of Palestine Texas.

Modern Day Slavery where you are compensated via mutually agreed upon contractual obligations paying 7 figures a year to sit at home while smoking weed awaiting your child abuse trial in which you are guilty.

11. Carl Gerbschmidt says: Mar 24, 2015 4:51 PM

Should have traded him when he had value. Seems like some teams make moves two or three years late. You need to always be looking ahead. #forwardthinkingowners

12. bobonmycob says: Mar 24, 2015 4:53 PM

Yeah…. and Zimmer must have taken too much cough syrup.

13. In Teddy We Trust says: Mar 24, 2015 4:55 PM

I hope no potential trade partners are reading this, but I don’t think it will take a king’s ransom to pry Peterson away from the Vikings. He was phenomenal in 2012, but he only had four game-changing performances in 2013 and the Vikings were 2-1-1 in those games. Last year he played one game and was extremely pedestrian. I’m sure he’ll have a very good season this year, whoever he plays for, but at this point in his career he probably isn’t worth the headache. I’d let him go for a second-round pick at this point.

14. stellarperformance says: Mar 24, 2015 4:55 PM

He’s an ungrateful egomaniac.

15. blizzard01 says: Mar 24, 2015 4:55 PM

Zimmer is a quality coach.

16. imnotsorryisaidthat says: Mar 24, 2015 4:55 PM

stuff some leaves in it Adrian, you were overpaid last year and will be overpaid for the next three,you have lost a step,cant cut and should be out of the league for your very bad behavior

17. arrowtoyourknee says: Mar 24, 2015 4:58 PM

I used to be a big fan of Peterson before this whole mess. I’m to the point where my patience has run thin. The vikings have been as accommodating as they possibly can be. Yet, they hold all the cards. If I were in charge, every time Adrian (his agent) tried to play hard ball, I’d fax his agent retirement papers, next to a copy of the contract Adrian signed, with a cover letter saying “Pick one.”

18. lenthevikesfan says: Mar 24, 2015 4:58 PM

I have nothing but love for Adrian Peterson. We all hope that someday if we make a mistake we will be given a chance to prove that that moment does not define us. I want nothing more this next coming season then to see Teddy Bridgewater handing the ball off to Adrian Peterson. One of the greatest running backs to ever play pro football, but also a man with faults just like you and I.

19. skawh says: Mar 24, 2015 4:59 PM

“I give up. I was a supporter until the last few days, I am so sick of this guy. Let him go, he is a fumbling ball hog anyways. AP, we will see you at your HOF induction ceremony, when you will be wearing purple. Until than? Just go home dude, you’re drunk.”
    ——
    Haven’t you noticed? He’s too busy counting his millions – He can’t hear you….not that he’d care what you think.

20. wiscoregon says: Mar 24, 2015 4:59 PM

Forget what team you root for, and forget about the NFL’s punishment. Doesn’t this guy deserve some punishment by the law?????

21. ariani1985 says: Mar 24, 2015 5:00 PM

With the lions defense coming back to reality, he might break the rushing title alone just playing the cup cake defenses in the NFC NORTH alone.

22. lnfinite says: Mar 24, 2015 5:02 PM

Simple: Coach speaks and his player shuts up. End of story…

23. irishddddd says: Mar 24, 2015 5:02 PM

Countdown to draft day trade…tick…tick…tick…tick…tick…..

24. ReligionIsForIdiots says: Mar 24, 2015 5:02 PM

He should be beside Sharper in the same cell block.

25. monctonvike says: Mar 24, 2015 5:02 PM

…Oh who was that you were asking about? Oh AP our RB that we have under contract for the next three years.

I loved the part where he said.

-Zimmer

26. spin5150bc says: Mar 24, 2015 5:03 PM

If the Browns were interested in coughing up a first rounder for Bradford…. just sayin’….

27. In Teddy We Trust says: Mar 24, 2015 5:04 PM

In 2013, the Vikings were 2-2-1 when Peterson rushed for 100 yards. They were 2-0 when he didn’t play at all. They almost won a wild game at Baltimore when Peterson left with an injury in the first quarter. They only lost because of bad officiating or a bad defense, take your pick. This was all before Teddy Bridgewater joined the team. I’m ready to hand the reins to Teddy and move on.

28. wafflestomp says: Mar 24, 2015 5:04 PM

Only the Minnesota Vikings are capable of creating train wreck, after train wreck, after train wreck.

It would almost be, gut busting, hysterical if real people weren’t involved.

So I’ll just give you a little skoLOL.

29. winninaintsinnin says: Mar 24, 2015 5:06 PM

Trade him to the Cowboys.

I hear they’re big into “second chances”.

30. bonesawisready says: Mar 24, 2015 5:12 PM

What happened to if Adrian doesn’t want to be in Minnesota the team will accommodate him? It seems pretty clear Adrian doesn’t want to be in Minnesota, but the teams seems to be taking no steps to accommodate him.

31. shaggytoodle says: Mar 24, 2015 5:13 PM

darkneptune73 says:
    Mar 24, 2015 4:46 PM

The hell is up with that?
    ________

All I know is that when players don’t like the job their agent is doing, they have a talk to set them straight, if that doesn’t work…. they usually fire them….

32. clamdiggers says: Mar 24, 2015 5:13 PM

The only thing lower than the combined iq of AP and Teddy is the Vikes playoff win %.

33. erod22 says: Mar 24, 2015 5:15 PM

I think Zimmer wants a do-over on taking this job.

34. bambam4 says: Mar 24, 2015 5:18 PM

Someone should stuff some leaves in Adrian’s mouth and put him in a time out on the bench because he is acting like a spoiled child. Adrian and no one but Adrian created this situation, so now he has to bear the consequences for his actions and just shut up.

35. cxforged9 says: Mar 24, 2015 5:19 PM

Norseman says: Mar 24, 2015 4:51 PM

——————————————

Well said Norseman!

36. pillowporkers says: Mar 24, 2015 5:20 PM

@darkneptune73 says:
    Mar 24, 2015 4:46 PM

The hell is up with that?

———————————————————-

Because the football world has nothing to report on right now, so they will scratch and claw for every potential lead and story on the situation without actually knowing anything. The best thing to do is stop reading the tabloids and let what happen happen.

37. stellarperformance says: Mar 24, 2015 5:21 PM

It’s no longer about the beaten child. I believe Peterson loves his kids and he thought he was being a tough disciplinarian.

But his attitude and sense of privilege have made this guy unbearable. Being forgiven means showing contrition, at least in my book.

This guy is playing the victim card, and his ego won’t let him be a real man about it.

38. farmmbig says: Mar 24, 2015 5:27 PM

His agent is taking this down a highly personal road—- He’s really destroying a reputation that Adrian had a chance at salvaging in Minnesota.

Instead, his agent seems hell bent on doing anything necessary to destroy his client’s National reputation too. Likely all for the sake of his agent getting another commission.

Didn’t Dogra get fired from an agency he was working for?

Adrian Peterson = Rod Tidwell
    Dogra = Jerry McGuire

Get your popcorn!

39. dwoofer says: Mar 24, 2015 5:29 PM

“will remain a Viking”………for at least another day or two, till one of the other teams gives MN a compensation package that’s good enough for them to save face while unloading a player who will not be, shall we say, at his best next year as a member of the Vikes backfield.

40. mnfaninil says: Mar 24, 2015 5:30 PM

Adrian is a standup guy when it comes to football. If he isn’t traded, there is no doubt he will give it 100% on the field, that is just who he is.

Once he realizes the Vikings finally have a QB who can win games on his own and he doesn’t see 9 or 10 guys in the box he’ll come around and get excited, especially while he cashes those checks totaling $12+ million this season.

41. gomybirdsgo says: Mar 24, 2015 5:30 PM

I think the biggest problem the Vikings are having in trading AP is that they must at least get the Value of Kiko Alonso. I’d put that value at a 2nd pick. The Vikings will look really bad if they can’t get the at least the same value that McCoy brought the Eagles.

Problem for the Vikings is that no one is willing to pay that. My guess is he either stays or goes for a 3rd and maybe a conditional 4th next year that’s easy to get, playing time or yrds or something of the like…

42. kissmysandwich says: Mar 24, 2015 5:32 PM

Did anyone else find it a bit ironic that his ridiculous b-day cake was purple and gold? LOL

43. elrock7 says: Mar 24, 2015 5:35 PM

Whats the story here? Just more mindless, boring drivel. Everyone knows he is under contract for 3 more years. If the Vikings want him, he plays there or retires!

End of story.

44. pervyspankspackfans says: Mar 24, 2015 5:37 PM

Been LOTS of voices on this subject. I believe Coach Zimmer is a quality man and coach. I’m believing him right now. AD will be a Viking….

45. wallabear says: Mar 24, 2015 5:38 PM

Want a ring-on-it, then head to Atlanta or to rival Detroit (wink!). Want more cash, then stay with Team Purple and be miserable. Either way, stop yo’ whining!

46. purpleguy says: Mar 24, 2015 5:40 PM

You know what is the most interesting part of Zimmer’s quotes? The fact that he listed the Vikings’ offensive weapons without Corduroy’s name even getting a whiff of a mention. . . . .

47. greengayfudgepeckers says: Mar 24, 2015 5:41 PM

As a Vikings fan I’m not sure which party is more pathetic, the Vikings or Peterson. At the end of the day Peterson is under contract, so instead of kissing his rear, the Vikings should give him the ultimatum, “play for us or retire”. Also, I’m not really understanding Peterson’s angle. Why would he be upset at the organization over something he put on himself? I mean does he really expect the team to publicly support a person in the midst of child abuse allegations? Not to mention the fact that he got paid 7 figures for doing absolutely nothing last year. Really pathetic. Shut up and play. And Vikings, stop kissing this moron’s butt.

48. summitmech says: Mar 24, 2015 5:43 PM

Ben Dogra = Wormtongue

Where is our Mithrandir (Gandalf) to save us!?

49. rspesq says: Mar 24, 2015 5:43 PM

Mr. Dogra is saying all the wrong things. He is being a bombastic unprofessional moron. AP, tell Mr. Dogra to shut up and then show up and play. Run for 2,110 yards, win a superbowl and then if you are still unhappy, go meet with the owners and ask for a trade. Mr. Dogra is ruining you. You need to prove to the league that you 1) are still a beast, 2) have gotten past your legal challenges and the bad press that came along with it, and 3) that you are in the end a team player and would not do anything to hurt the team. Once you have accomplished all of this you will once again be worth full value. Right now your value is diminished, you need to get re-established before a trade. Never sell low unless you are giving up which I doubt you are. Dogra is a knucklehead. Skol.

50. cakesw says: Mar 24, 2015 5:44 PM

Do the Vikings hold all the cards ? yes

Do the Vikings have a valuable asset ? Yes

Is Adrian Petersons trade value dropping rapidly the closer we get to draft day ? Yes

Is Adrian Peterson worth nice compensation ? yes

Is he worth as much as Vikings fan feel he is ? No

He is a 30 year old running back two years removed from a great season…what is propping him up now, is his 2013 season… For all we know…he’s not even half that back now, so in retrospect…his lack of playing in 2014 might have helped mask what could be happening to him.

and we haven’t even mentioned the PR night are that he is for the Vikings or the other team that may acquire him

I know people are screaming for a first, but face it….As a Viking fan…if Peterson was on any other team, you’d realize that 30 year old RBs don’t fetch firsts… I’m not even sure Jim Brown would have fetched a first at 30.

51. whatjusthapped says: Mar 24, 2015 5:45 PM

A pure PR ploy by Zimmer, probably instructed to say that by Spielman and the Wilf’s in hopes that someone is dumb enough to actually believe him.

Problem remains his fat contract (speaking of dumb), only the Vikings would value a RB to the tune of counting $15 mil against their cap. But then again, the Vikings looked at a 3rd or 4th QB talent in Ponder and picked him at #12 overall so their stupidity goes beyond the QB position.

Here is the real problem, if Peterson shows up at camp and dogs it in hopes of disrupting the team chemistry which is sort of ironic because the Vikings lead the NFL last year in player arrests and Peterson hadn’t been in trouble before so now he goes and gets arrested like a lot of his teammates and then then suspend him. So instead of upsetting the chemistry of the team, you would figure they would just welcome him into the criminal’s club but that’s not how they roll in Minnesota. No wonder he is confused.

52. rosstuckershair says: Mar 24, 2015 5:45 PM

It would almost be, gut busting, hysterical if real people weren’t involved.

So I’ll just give you a little skoLOL…………………………………………………………………

Only the Green Bay Rodgers are capable of creating train wreck (Fake field goal), after train wreck (2 point conversion) after train wreck (3 staright touchdown drives by Seattle)

Add in Guion and it is gut busting, hysterical…to say the least

53. twcham67 says: Mar 24, 2015 5:45 PM

Peterson just had teddy and a few of the boys at his party, it’s all about his phony agents crack habbit, and the guys banging on his door. actually sounding extremely desperate coming out of ol dogra.

54. goofer11 says: Mar 24, 2015 5:46 PM

The Vikings should go after Jerry Jones and the Cowboys for tampering. Adrian either plays for the Vikings or retires and writes a check for $2.5 Million for the signing bonus.

55. samoanjungle says: Mar 24, 2015 5:48 PM

I’m confused. It seems like AP would be begging to keep his job while the Vikings would be trying to make him take way less, trade him etc.
    Other people who committed domestic violence, to an adult – not a baby, are wishing some team wanted them right now.

56. quinzze says: Mar 24, 2015 5:49 PM

When he gets into the HOF do you think his son gives the speach?

57. smithdp says: Mar 24, 2015 5:54 PM

AP: I dont want to play here anymore.

Vikings: we dont want you to play here anymore either. But we arent stupid, we want at least a second round pick for you.

Clear enough?

58. djaehne says: Mar 24, 2015 6:01 PM

He is under contract the moment he signs. His feelings are his business. If he wishes to advertise them, so what. No bearing to the agreement. Having an agent cry about his client not comfortable, there is always retirement.

59. hazelmn says: Mar 24, 2015 6:04 PM

AP’s options:

1. Play for the Vikings
    2. Sit out for the Vikings (don’t get paid)
    3. Play for whoever the Vikings trade him to (not within his control)

AP and his bozo agent have forgotten who has the leverage here.

60. stasheroo says: Mar 24, 2015 6:08 PM

What happened to that promise about ‘accommodating him if he didn’t want to be there’? Just more lip service I guess.

61. getadealdonealready says: Mar 24, 2015 6:11 PM

As a Viking fan I remain confident I will like Peterson less every time he or his agent opens their mouth!

62. getadealdonealready says: Mar 24, 2015 6:13 PM

I find it interesting no mention of Patterson in that vision, had high hopes for that kid, hope he can figure it out.

63. bboregon says: Mar 24, 2015 6:18 PM

I will not watch this child abuser play for ANYONE

64. nfl123 says: Mar 24, 2015 6:24 PM

He’s worth a 4th rounder to a desperate team like the Cowboys. Given that market, he’ll probably be released, and sign a deal for a max guarantee of $10 million. He just isn’t very valuable anymore.

65. nfl123 says: Mar 24, 2015 6:30 PM

If Peterson were a Patriot, he would have been released already; no back is worth that contract.

66. coachkilla6 says: Mar 24, 2015 6:33 PM

1 playoff win in his 8 years as a Viking. One. James Starks and John Kuhn each have 6 wins or more plus a SB ring.

Keep paying AP for his failures. We’re going to sit back and enjoy the annual Viking off-season circus like we always do.

#nosignificantwinsinteamhistory

67. tokyofilthblaster says: Mar 24, 2015 6:36 PM

This kind of offseason drama is suitable for the unwashed masses in MN. Thankfully these sort of unseemly theatrics are beneath the upper class of the NFL’s elite team aristocracy.

68. coachkilla6 says: Mar 24, 2015 6:36 PM

#doubledigitlossesinall4superbowls

69. boomgrounder says: Mar 24, 2015 6:48 PM

Adrian Peterson brought all of this on himself. Personally I believe he belongs in prison for serial domestic child abuse. If he doesn’t want to play for the Vikings he should retire.

70. packerfanwi1028 says: Mar 24, 2015 6:59 PM

you Viking lovers are just as bad or worse then all the other teams or fans who turn a blind eye to women beaters or child beaters, ANYTHING to win, skolllll

71. youngs79 says: Mar 24, 2015 7:00 PM

Dogra got fired from his agency and now is suing them. He won’t make any additional money, off his meal ticket Adrian Peterson, unless he can persuade a team to trade with the Vikings and Adrian signs a new contract. Dogra is doing Adrian as disservice and I don’t know why he hasn’t fired him. Dogra is single-handedly damaging Peterson’s reputation worse than it already was. #Fire Dogra Adrian

72. jolly1234 says: Mar 24, 2015 7:06 PM

On a side note, it is refreshing to finally have a quality coach… Been a long time.

73. duffsbeer says: Mar 24, 2015 7:10 PM

there is a possibility that Dogra is being creative here. Most teams that had an over 30 RB that was under contract for $13M who had only played one game last year would be trying to renegotiate his contract and reduce his cap amount/ salary to something in the $6-8M range.

Dogra is making sure the Vikings don’t try to re-open it. He’s making it clear that the second they threaten to cut him if he doesn’t redo his contract then AP is gone. AP wants to maintain his $13M per year. Next month after the draft AP will be able to come out and state that he is fully invested in being a Viking and start trying to build his reputation back up.

74. ablazinpanda says: Mar 24, 2015 7:16 PM

If Peterson was the President his approval rating has gone from 95% a year ago to 45% a couple weeks ago, to now under 5% I say the Vikes hardball him to comeback or retire

75. shiftyshellshocked says: Mar 24, 2015 7:23 PM

Sorry. No way they trade Peterson for less than a first. You guys are some terrible salesmen. Slick Rick will wait this out until someone coughs up the goods. Patience my friends patience.

76. macneil4025 says: Mar 24, 2015 7:32 PM

Sorry AP, you have no leverage, retire or play for Minnesota, beating your child doesn’t usually bode well for more guaranteed money! Who runs your PR Team? You should be on your hands and knees crawling back to the Vikings, they didn’t screw you, the league did, and you sir didn’t help the cause!

77. nfl123 says: Mar 24, 2015 7:32 PM

Why do Vikes fans think he’s worth anything on the trade block? Getting a 3rd round pick would be a genius move for Minnesota. Releasing him is a smart football decision, and you should be hoping that happens.

78. bobonmycob says: Mar 24, 2015 7:48 PM

Well Viking fans, losing AP will be a big blow to the gut huh? Peterson will continue to dominate as one of the best while the Vikings watch from the sideline with a frown.

79. fdugrad says: Mar 24, 2015 7:57 PM

Vikes have already proven they can lose with the Father of the Year, he is thirty years old, with a burdensome salary of thirteen to fifteen million per year, and Minnesota has all the control in this situation. He apparently is unaware of the incoming tide of young, healthy and accomplished college running backs who will be able to acquit themselves sufficiently in his stead. He is, in addition, demonstrating a distinct inability to account for the added number of new and conditional draft picks the Vikes will obtain to fill other voids on the roster when they trade him in the near future. Peterson hasn’t been able to reflect on the possibility of the Vikings being completely disinterested in paying his astronomical salary or the fact that he will need to restructure this plunder by half when he signs with another team. Lastly, his position regarding being “hung out to dry” is as absurd as it is hubris-filled. He behaves as though his criminal assault on a four year old is unrelated to management’s reaction and is posing as though he is a victim. I just retired after forty-two years as a public school teacher and have seen some serious incidents of child abuse. This graphic example, however is the worst one I have ever seen, and after forty-two years in the field, that is saying something. The beating this little boy absorbed will leave physical, and worse, emotional scars lasting throughout his entire life, and Peterson plays the victim! The irony, of course is that instead of serving jail time, he will be playing in the NFL this coming season, earning millions! It will not, however, be in Minnesota. Dallas seems to be the logical landing spot, given the ‘Boys predilection for stocking their roster with murderers and punks with a penchant for domestic violence.

80. abqhawk says: Mar 24, 2015 8:10 PM

He may be a Viking but that certainly doesn’t mean he’ll be PLAYING on the field. He’s got some decisions to make. He’s an FA in 2018 & will be 33 then. Pretty much washed up at that point in his career, especially if he doesn’t play for the next 3 years, who’d want him then? So he must be banking on riding the pine and the income that is forthcoming being his last checks, whatever they end up being.

I wonder what his daddy says !

81. 1952vikefan says: Mar 24, 2015 8:13 PM

Winning will get rid of poor me feeling and then AP will once again feel wanted maybe once they start winning he will be happy and make even more he of strong faith should know everything happens for a reason be a better father and teammate

82. linemanguy74 says: Mar 24, 2015 8:23 PM

If Pack had a back as good as Peterson would they still be kicking field goals from 2inch line ???

83. funshipm174 says: Mar 24, 2015 8:30 PM

Zimmer said Adrian will be a Viking. What he didn’t say was there’s a good chance he’ll be a Viking who is sitting on the bench unless he has an attitude adjustment.

84. unmercifulone says: Mar 24, 2015 8:36 PM

“loserperformance says: The Vikings will end up paying $24.75M (2014 and 2015 combined) for a guy that still must show he has what it takes. He’d better at least set the NFL rushing record in 2015. The Vikings are stuck, and they do not deserve it. They stood by him and paid him last year when he couldn’t get a table at Chipotle. He’s an ungrateful egomaniac.”

I’m wholly unimpressed with your uncharacteristic show of concern for the Vikings organization. Do the words “hapless and tasteless” ring any bells cheesehead? I’m surprised your comment didn’t include your typical non-nonsensical and sarcastic troll comments.

85. patsfan1820 says: Mar 24, 2015 8:59 PM

There’s no other team that would be willing to pay as much for Peterson as the Vikings. Unless someone hands a 1st, 2nd, and 3rd to the Vikings (which would be kind of stupid) there’s no way in hell Peterson goes anywhere until his contract expires. Bridgewater seems like he’ll be ok but Peterson still is the guy that drives that offense and Zimmer as well as everyone else sees that. As for beating his child with a switch do I support that? No, but there’s people in the league right now that have done much worse.

86. squared80 says: Mar 24, 2015 9:51 PM

Poor AP. What a victim…

87. arctantheta says: Mar 24, 2015 9:59 PM

If the guy doesn’t want to play for the vikes, they should cut their losses and trade him for whatever they can get from the worst team they can. And then refuse to retire his number, or put him in the ring of honor. If you want to act like a spoiled brat, be prepared to be treated like one.

88. drunkwino says: Mar 24, 2015 11:03 PM

Check Dorga’s bank statements and you’re likely to find a fat deposit from Jerrah Jones to purposely destroy AP and Minnesota’s relationship and get him traded to Dallas for peanuts.

89. rosstuckershair says: Mar 24, 2015 11:32 PM

Keep paying AP for his failures. We’re going to sit back and enjoy the annual Viking off-season circus like we always do…

If it wasn’t for Aaron Rodgers, Kuhn and Starks would be working in a Milwaulkee brewery…

90. rosstuckershair says: Mar 24, 2015 11:37 PM

Well Viking fans, losing AP will be a big blow to the gut huh? Peterson will continue to dominate as one of the best while the Vikings watch from the sideline with a frown…

However, if he does stay, can you imagine AD going through the now very very soft middle of the Green Bay Rodger defense?

After all, TT has to get the budget back in line. He did have to up his offer by about 3 million for Cobb and Bulaga. The result..ILB and CB depth have been gutted…Maybe Capers will be the one frowning up in his booth…

91. usdcoyotesfan says: Mar 25, 2015 12:24 AM

linemanguy74 says:
    Mar 24, 2015 8:23 PM

————————————————————
    If the Vikes had a QB as good as Rodgers, would they still throw into coverage instead of walking into their kicker’s range?

92. navyvike says: Mar 25, 2015 1:11 AM

Bawahahahaha all you GB trolls.

Peterson will be back and tear up your mediocre defense. Better hope Ted Thompson does better in this draft as it’s all you got as your team declines. Loved the NFCC choke, this year it’ll be a NFCN choke lol

93. GenXJay says: Mar 25, 2015 2:19 AM

I’ve Google’d this agent Dogra fella…pretty sure it’s George Zimmerman.

94. nflrule says: Mar 25, 2015 5:20 AM

Anybody see pictures of his birthday bash this weekend?Stay humble AP.

95. dutchschafer says: Mar 25, 2015 7:48 AM

When you look at AP’s eyes you can tell nobody is home.

96. idurenn says: Mar 25, 2015 9:02 AM

The only thing the Vikings should be worried about is Adrian retiring.

Like noted, the Vikings have ALL the leverage, and I have a feeling Peterson isn’t real happy with his agent right now, either. Could Dogra make him and his client look any more selfish? After all, he only did it to himself.

I have a feeling Peterson comes back to the Vikes under his current contract with no re-structuring (even though I, as a Vikings fan thinks it’s too much) and has a chip on his shoulder & rushes for 1500 yards this season.

I also think Dogra will no longer be Adrian’s agent at the beginning of the year. Adrain will open his eyes and realize what an idiot he really is.

97. ocgunslinger says: Mar 25, 2015 10:00 AM

I can’t see any team trading assets for a 30 year old back who hasn’t played in a year with a contract that would potentially be a majpr financial problem. Backs tend to be a risk injury factor. Doesn’t make sense to a team trying to build for the future.

98. holdsteady76 says: Mar 25, 2015 10:24 AM

Dorga is trying to stimulate the trade market. The thinking maybe that teams aren’t ponying up good offers because they believe AD will be released. Adrian probably does prefer to be traded, but will likely end up honoring his contract. All the comments from his Dad indicate that he has closed the door on the Vikings. I think he requested a trade and the Vikings were open to that provided they can get what they think is fair value (a first rounder). To date I doubt any team has offered that. Thus his agent is making these comments trying to get teams to up their offers to the Bikes. If they don’t get fair offers then he will be back with Vikes.
    I don’t believe AD will be malcontent in locker room. He isn’t wired that way. Once the ball is snapped I don’t think he will care what color his shirt is, his football legacy is important to him.

99. sportsfandallas says: Mar 25, 2015 12:03 PM

Quote:
    goofer11 says:
    Mar 24, 2015 5:46 PM

I am not sure why you’d drag Jones and Cowboys in for tampering, they repeatedly indicate zero interest in AP, they haven’t said boy we sure would like to have him, Cowboys have done nothing wrong per tampering rules…
    that being said, this is eerily similar to Barry Sanders, he thought he could strong arm Lions into a new team, and he retired and never stepped back on the field, could same thing happen to AP… you bet, Vikings hold all the cards and have no reason to trade him. I expect him to suit up for the Vikings this season….
    ~Phil~

100. mlaabs2014 says: Mar 25, 2015 12:30 PM

Dogra needs to be FIRED & AP needs to play with Teddy, Wallace, Rudolph ect. so we can take down the Packers, Lions and Bears.

101. fmc651 says: Mar 28, 2015 10:04 AM

wiscoregon says: Mar 24, 2015 4:59 PM

((((((((((((((((((((((((((

Silly queen bay fan trying to act like it isn’t about the fact he plays for the vikings, its about justice. AD had his day in court already and punishment was handed down.

102. fmc651 says: Mar 28, 2015 10:10 AM

ocgunslinger says: Mar 25, 2015 10:00 AM

Doesn’t make sense to a team trying to build for the future.
    ))))))))))

I don’t see the Vikings trading AD either but since when are all trades about building for the future? They are not clearly and there are too many examples to prove this..