John Sullivan says Vikings players want Adrian Peterson back

AP

While Adrian Peterson may not want to play for the Minnesota Vikings any longer, the Vikings are making it clear they want him back.

That includes the players on the team as well.

Vikings center John Sullivan expressed his hope that Peterson returns to the team this season in an interview with Alex Marvez and Mark Dominik on Sirius XM NFL Radio Thursday night.

We want him back. There is no doubt the players want him back,” Sullivan said. “He missed an entire season. He more than paid his dues with this whole thing. I respect him as a man. I don’t want to talk too much about it just because I don’t want to put too much conjecture out there but I just hope it works itself out and he comes back and joins us. We have open arms here waiting for him. We want to rush for the 2,500 yards that he talked about a couple of years ago.”

Head coach Mike Zimmer has also made it clear he anticipates Peterson to remain with the Vikings going forward.

Many aspects still need to be resolved before Peterson once again steps on a field in Vikings’ purple, but key veterans like Sullivan expressing a desire for Peterson to return could help smooth over some of the hurt feelings on both sides.

51 responses to “John Sullivan says Vikings players want Adrian Peterson back

1. SO,you’re saying that Vikings players want Adrian Peterson back. Really. Because I WANT to sleep with Selena Gomez. But I’m not sure either one is gonna happen.

2. As do the fans. It might help to have the best player on the team back next year.

28 and his agent have to face the fact that the team/employer holds all the cards here.

Just like in real life.

3. There are no aspects to be worked out. Peterson is under contract to play for the Vikings. Until that changes (please God, let it change) he is expected to report.

Peterson needs to quit playing the victim in this whole debacle that he brought on himself! If anything, both his son and the Vikings are the victims in this. Moreso his son!

4. John Sullivan is a class act. Along with being one of the best centers in the NFL.

I appreciate the effort but Adrian Peterson is going to the Tampa Bay Buccaneers for the 34th overall pick on Draft Day.

Book it.

5. Whatever, dude! IF he doesn’t want to play for the Vikings, why does he think he could play for someone else?! Yes, he was great on the field. But he got paid to NOT play by the Vikings last year, while he dealt with some f the consequences for being a child beater. Does he really think he doesn’t owe the Vikings a LOT?! If he refuses to play for them, he gets an unpaid suspension and convinces every other team in the league he’s not worth it. Why would they trade him for anything less than a 1st round pick, and why would ANY team trade anything more than a 7th round pick for him?

Play for a year and prove bot that you can still play like that and that you have really learned a lesson. Then, other teams will want you. Until then, good luck, All Day Child Beater!

6. Peterson doesn’t want anything to do with the Vikings deal with it.

Trade him for a 2nd round pick, anyone that would trade a late first for him can just draft Melvin Gordon instead. He has fresher legs, low drama, isn’t 30 and a team friendly contract.

7. I’m waiting to see what happens in the draft. I’m expecting him to be traded for a 1st and a 3rd or 4th to either Arizona or Dallas, but I’m not expecting the announcement to happen until day 1 of the draft.

8. To John Sullivan, who said (about Peterson) “He more than paid his dues with this whole thing. I respect him as a man.”

Bite me John! The man beat a four-year-0ld boy with a stick until he bled. Who are you to say that he’s “paid his dues”? And if you respect Adrian Peterson as a man I would suggest that you take a long hard look at your own values – seems like you’ve set that bar really low.

9. I’ve never doubted the players always wanted him back. All the bile and hatred only comes from anonymous bloggers and press clippings.

Many have stated he will be a “locker room cancer and a distraction”. That simply isn’t true. Just us bored posters here that are consumed with this dilemma and soap opera. Everybody else (players, management, coaches) are use continuing on with their off season work.

10. Peterson is gone.

He is the property of the Dallas Cowboys even if nobody including the NFL is willing to admit it yet.

The behind – the – scenes negotiations are being conducted right now.

The only surprising thing about all of this is that the New England Patri*ts don’t appear to be involved.

4TAINTEDRINGS

ONESCUZZBALLOWNER

11. Players, fans, coaches it doesn’t matter, they are all morally bankrupt there. Why wouldn’t a player who abused his 4 yr old child not be welcomed back to a franchise that has led the league in arrests since 2000 with 42. They obviously are a match for each other starting with the corrupt owner. When it starts at the top it’s pretty tough to remove the undesirables.

12. Until Peterson himself says he doesn’t want to play for the Vikings, I’m not buying into the media garbage. I just wish he’d come out and say it himself instead of having his dumb-as-a-rock agent talk in his place. Seriously, this guy has no leverage. If the Vikings want him, he has to play for them or no one. I would love to see him back as I believe he deserves a second chance. His actions are definitely discouraging. I have lost a lot of respect for the man, but he can get a lot of that back by 1) firing his representation, 2) admitting he was wrong and he has made amends, and 3) he plays for the Vikings without complaining.

13. ariani1985 says:
    Apr 10, 2015 8:45 AM
    Along with this request, I want my Packer STOCK to triple in value!
    /////////////////////////////////////

14. The player quotes, the coach quotes, and spielmans quotes are telling me one thing…

AP in purple next year, or AP not playin anywhere.

15. Gee, I would like to know when the hell any of these so called sports reporters actually heard Adrian Peterson, himself, say he did not want to play for the Vikings.

I have not heard him say it. His agent has said it, but that certainly doesn’t make it true.

16. AP fathers countless children with countless women and on the rare occasion that he see’s them he beats them with sticks and Sullivan respects him as a man? I just lost respect for Sullivan as a man.

17. I would assume that the reason Sullivan got the raise and contract extension so early was that there was a clause in the contract that required him to issue such a silly statement.

Who would respect a camel riding drug abusing child abuser with his arrest record, driving habits, and loss to win ratio?

18. Bought 500 shares of packer stock yesterday from a guy on a corner by the name of Johnny Cisco, NOT sure if it was a good investment? Then again the packers sell it all the time to their sheep I mean fanbase.

19. shortmandan says:
    Apr 10, 2015 9:52 AM

////////////////////////////////////

Because I’m sure that’s exactly what Sullivan is thinking about when he’s blocking for him.

Don’t get me wrong – I completely disagree with what he did, but I highly doubt the players are thinking about AP being a bad father while playing football.

20. To all of you who won’t believe Adrian doesn’t want to play for the Vikings until he comes out and says it himself, do you honestly believe that his agent is out there saying these things without Adrian’s approval? You think Adrian is thinking, man, I can’t wait to get back on the field and play for the Vikings, and he doesn’t realize his agent is out there saying things like, “it isn’t in Adrian’s best interest to play for the Vikings. Why would it be?”

I think you need to wake up and smell the coffee. He doesn’t want to be here, and that isn’t the kind of guy you want on your team.

21. idurenn says: Apr 10, 2015 10:43 AM

shortmandan says:
    Apr 10, 2015 9:52 AM

////////////////////////////////////

///////////////////////////////////////////

Then Sullivan should say he likes playing with him, not that he respects him as a man. Because AP’s not a man.

22. It also delusional to say he has no leverage. It takes but a week or two to create dissension in the locker room. Just look at what Harvin did with no leverage.

23. Hey, people he doesn’t owe us fans or the public a damn thing!! Cast that rock at your own glass house!!

24. Indybear says:
    Apr 10, 2015 7:07 AM

“He more than paid his dues with this whole thing.”

No, he hasn’t.
    )))))))))))))))))))))
    As far as the court system is concerned he has. Roger’s bumbling this case further isn’t helping the matter. He has punished the Vikings organization. And that is wrong.

25. Really? The other players want a hope of making the playoffs [’cause without him they are purple-participation-ribbon contenders]? That is suprising… NOT!

26. “loserperformance says: It’s not interest-bearing stock. It’s a souvenir, and no longer available….unlike the souvenir jerseys of Ponder, Moss, and Peterson overflowing the racks at Dollar Store.”

In other words Packer Stock has no intrinsic value… much like the team that issued it. And exactly how would you know what jerseys are sold at the Dollar store? Looking for some QB Puffer jerseys since no self-respecting retail outlet would be caught dead with your team’s rags on their shelves? I mean, what intelligent person would admit to being from Queen Bay, let alone rooting for it’s ONLY claim to fame.

27. There are lots of people who do not want AP in a Vikings uniform next year. Packer fans and players, Lions fans and players, Bear fans and players, Cowboy players, Arizona players, Buc players.

28. Peterson has 3 years remaining on his contract but no guaranteed money. This might have happened regardless of what went on last year. I think it’s more about the contract, wanting guaranteed money, than it is about him feeling “uneasy”, and it’s his agent pushing it.

29. unmercifulone says:
    Apr 10, 2015 5:54 PM
    ……..I mean, what intelligent person would admit to being from Queen Bay, let alone rooting for it’s ONLY claim to fame.
    /////////////////////////////////////////////

I would, if I could. But I’m from Minnesota…….born and raised in Duluth.

30. AD will have to renegotiate his contract if he wants to be traded. No way the Cards or Cowboys will pay what’s left on his current deal. He will be even more untradable after this season. It’s gonna go down near or during the draft. It’s Teddy’s team moving forward.

31. conormacleod says:
    Apr 10, 2015 7:24 AM

There are some fans that want him traded. I was willing to see if he was truly sorry for his actions & that a lot of the country doesn’t condone beating a child as discipline. He comes out of this situations as a “poor me” attitude. I want to see him traded, but not cut, then he gets his way.

32. tokyofilthblaster says:
    Apr 10, 2015 9:48 AM

MN fans just want this whole sordid mess to be over with so they can get back to the business of losing football games
    )))))))))))))))))))))))))

Now some facts.

The Vikings have the sixth-highest regular-season winning percentage in modern NFL history, ahead of teams like the Ravens, Packers, Patriots and Colts. Throw in 13 Hall of Famers and they fare pretty well for a franchise that hasn’t won a Super Bowl.

Source is CBS Sports