Daniel Tosh wears Aaron Hernandez jersey at Boston show

Tosh Getty Images

Comedian Daniel Tosh, Dolphins fans and host of Comedy Central’s Tosh.0, performed on Friday night in Boston. And unlike most out-of-town acts that pander to the locals by talking about how the city they’re presently in is the greatest city in the history of cities, Tosh trolled the paying customers.

Via Boston.com, Tosh wore an Aaron Hernandez jersey.

The gesture came only one day after the two-year anniversary of the murder of Odin Lloyd, for which Hernandez has been convicted.

The Patriots provided refunds for Hernandez jerseys following his arrest in 2013. Obviously, not all of them were returned to the team.

Permalink 64 Comments Feed for comments Latest Stories in: Aaron Hernandez case, Home, New England Patriots, Rumor Mill
64 Responses to “Daniel Tosh wears Aaron Hernandez jersey at Boston show”
  1. detroit09 says: Jun 21, 2015 11:32 PM

Poor taste but I guess no surprise there.

2. rationalfootballfan says: Jun 21, 2015 11:33 PM

Immeasurable savagery haha

3. pacificdan says: Jun 21, 2015 11:35 PM

And this should surprise no one who watches or listens to Tosh.

4. boobsmcgoo says: Jun 21, 2015 11:35 PM

Awesome.

5. TomsulasMustache says: Jun 21, 2015 11:35 PM

Hernandez was arrested in 2003? Wow where have i been?

6. olsonm4 says: Jun 21, 2015 11:43 PM

Let’s not forget Tosh is a massive Dolphins fan. None of this should come as a surprise from a division rival popular for his insensitivity.

7. bills72284 says: Jun 21, 2015 11:45 PM

Aaron Hernandez was the the ultimate joke of aperson so it’s good that a comedian picked up on this and used it in an act…he shot and killed a person for getting a some water spilled on him could you even imagine him at a waterpark? possible massacre just saying SCUMBAG

8. uwisheuwereapatsfan2 says: Jun 21, 2015 11:51 PM

Likely the only remarkable thing about the show.

9. SurfBandits says: Jun 21, 2015 11:59 PM

Tosh…Classless individual.

10. edelmanfanclub says: Jun 21, 2015 11:59 PM

Big Tosh fan. Hes a big dolphins fan, given his demeanor and that. This doesnt surprise me

11. feelnsavage says: Jun 22, 2015 12:13 AM

It’s a joke… he’s a comedian… lets not be pansies about it

12. bospat says: Jun 22, 2015 12:20 AM

Guy is a toolche anyway..sad that idiots like him make millions…

13. sandmanz66 says: Jun 22, 2015 12:24 AM

Brandon who?

14. Dogsweat says: Jun 22, 2015 12:29 AM

That was 1.10 cents jersey.

15. MostcensoredposteronPFT says: Jun 22, 2015 12:31 AM

detroit09 says:
    Jun 21, 2015 11:32 PM
    Poor taste but I guess no surprise there.

=
    Poor taste? It’s hilarious, you only think it’s poor taste because you probably root for the Pats.

16. imsorryyoufeelthatway7 says: Jun 22, 2015 12:35 AM

Lol that’s great, but I’m of tosh and stand up in general. Anybody who went to the show knew what his sense of humor is and I doubt that anyone present was really surprised. It’s just those who aren’t a fan him that will be offended, but those folks don’t have to support him by watching his tv show or his live shows

17. followme2boston says: Jun 22, 2015 12:36 AM

@surfbandits, I don’t even know if Aaron Hernandez’s mom is sticking up for him right now.

I am simply stunned by that comment. You do know he killed people right?

Just, wow, you literally know no shame.

18. iamjoshgordonswastedlife says: Jun 22, 2015 12:38 AM

As @ pacificdan mentioned… Tosh is irreverent, crass and lacks boat loads of tact, but it’s what you should expect. Now if only the mass murderer could get Tosh to give him a chance at a “web redemption”…

19. alfredogarciashead says: Jun 22, 2015 12:46 AM

Too early?

20. cwilliams135 says: Jun 22, 2015 12:59 AM

Don’t think Bills72284 said anything about championships. There is more to life than cheating your way to multiple Super Bowls.

21. whodey83 says: Jun 22, 2015 1:04 AM

Not sure if the Bills super bowl record is even relevant, guy. That all you got?

22. bbwasright says: Jun 22, 2015 1:08 AM

Tosh who? OK, I googled him, and now I know who he is, thanks to this stunt. Congrats dude! I would have laughed and wanted to see a video of your routine if you’d worn a Brady jersey with a “.5” tacked onto the end. But Aaron Hernandez needs to be dead – lord knows he already is to any Patriots fan. Is wearing his jersey in Boston supposed to make someone laugh? That’s like trying to make a joke about the shooting in South Carolina when they haven’t even gone to trial yet.

If he was hoping to attract new fans, Tosh failed on this one. I really don’t ever need to see him perform. Plenty of talented comedians out there.

23. fearthehoody says: Jun 22, 2015 1:36 AM

Just tacky! Respect the dead and their families

24. muslimponder says: Jun 22, 2015 2:07 AM

I dressed up as Aaron Hernandez for Halloween ^_^ killer costume idea.

Bought me his jersey on eBay. put on some diamond studs in my ears, shaved my head, drew some fake hand/finger/neck tats in marker. I was the hit of the party!

25. trevor123698 says: Jun 22, 2015 2:24 AM

Back when he started out, I hated this man. Nowadays, I love his show. this is hilarious. and I’m a huge pats fan. Won 2.2 g’s off this super bowl victory.

26. hifive123 says: Jun 22, 2015 2:45 AM

There is no Daniel Tosh. There is only Lane Kiffin.

27. ivanpavlov0000 says: Jun 22, 2015 2:53 AM

This is juvenile and harmless … and that’s Tosh for ya. People going to see Tosh perform expect to be shocked and have their sensibilities thrown for a loop. They’re looking for, “I can’t believe he …” moments.

It’s just a jersey. And the fact that Hernandez is a murderer who makes every football fan feel shame is still a relevant issue. The guy isn’t in jail.

28. vancouversportsbro says: Jun 22, 2015 3:32 AM

Now I know why I like tosh more than others do. I also just saw how he called brady trent solder with hair plugs. Hilarious!

29. popelava says: Jun 22, 2015 3:41 AM

funny is funny.

30. seatownballers says: Jun 22, 2015 3:49 AM

Tosh is old news. He’s just trying to grab headlines

31. jerrysglassescleaner says: Jun 22, 2015 4:33 AM

Haha! That’s hilarious! Grow a pair and take a joke!

32. patriotsfootballleague says: Jun 22, 2015 5:57 AM

Never watched him, and now I don’t think I ever will. What a schmuck that is stuck with a 7th graders disposition.., at least that’s what I gather from this. Humor comes from intelligence and maturity of a situation, knowing what is exactly funny about and why, first hand experience with immediate relation. Money and laughs from someone’s tragic murder doesn’t seem right to me, but, to each his own.

33. rahavort says: Jun 22, 2015 6:58 AM

Close race between Tosh and Dane Cook for the best comedian who is the worst at making people laugh

34. jetsclaps says: Jun 22, 2015 7:07 AM

Lol

35. beachsidejames says: Jun 22, 2015 7:15 AM

Jailed for murder and suspended and fined for multiple times caught cheating. Winners or Scumbags….?

36. patsfanforlife says: Jun 22, 2015 7:18 AM

At the end of the day, a Dolphins fan was wearing a Patriots jersey, so it’s all good.

37. drakost says: Jun 22, 2015 7:19 AM

Have to admit I smiled when i first saw it. Also while his show can certainly be crude, it does at times provide a gem or two.

38. wvuandsteelers says: Jun 22, 2015 7:21 AM

I saw him live and he told a story about how he performed in New Orleans right after their SB win (which was pretty close to Katrina as well). He came out and said “F**k the Saints. I’m not going to feel sad for you because Mother Nature gave you a well-needed bath.” He said the place went silent…….and then erupted in laughter. It’s just part of his act.

39. ebr362 says: Jun 22, 2015 7:22 AM

Tosh is hysterical! nuf said.

40. abninf says: Jun 22, 2015 7:23 AM

Who cares. He’s a 2nd tier comedian. Liberals are so hyper-sensitive. I think you actively go out looking for things to offend you.

41. gadgetdawg says: Jun 22, 2015 7:31 AM

I think the word comedian is a bit too much for Daniel Tosh. I guess you used it because there isn’t an easy word that means “unfunny idiot”?

I also don’t see why it matters that he wore Henandez’s jersey. If a man has no talent then he’ll look for another way to get attention. Congrats for the decision to give it to him.

42. somethinsbruin says: Jun 22, 2015 7:32 AM

It was probably the funniest thing he’s done – ever.

43. mrhoban says: Jun 22, 2015 7:49 AM

It’s comedy, folks. Nothing is sacred.

44. zuzus petals says: Jun 22, 2015 7:49 AM

Speaking as a Pats fan- I promise you–there isn’t anything you can call Hernandez we wouldn’t applaud you for and agree with… except “Patriot.”

45. trolltoll11 says: Jun 22, 2015 7:57 AM

Lighten up America. Stop taking yourself so damn seriously. Stop being so damn sensitive.

Bababooey.

46. unlimitedcriticism says: Jun 22, 2015 8:02 AM

He’s a professional troll. What do you expect?

47. buzzbeaubank says: Jun 22, 2015 8:04 AM

Saw him in Nantucket last night, and he was hilarious. His show can be hot and cold, but this set was amazing.

48. jchipwood says: Jun 22, 2015 8:12 AM

“The Patriots legacy is measured by three things. Tuck rule, spygate, and deflategate.”

Daniel Tosh

49. mancave001 says: Jun 22, 2015 8:12 AM

patriotsfootballleague:
    ——–

So you’ve never watched him, but you get to judge his comedy and call him a “schmuck?” Right. Tosh deliberately tries to offend in his comedy…it’s what he does. Trolling the crowd is a hallmark of his, as are tasteless jokes. If it’s not for you, fine. But don’t call the guy names, especially if you haven’t seen him.

50. Kingmj4891 says: Jun 22, 2015 8:52 AM

Daniel Tosh is about as classless as they come. The fact that people go and pay to watch him be classless shows the horrible downward spiral that this country is in.

51. fordmandalay says: Jun 22, 2015 8:59 AM

I bet he just KILLED onstage!

52. pef12 says: Jun 22, 2015 9:04 AM

am a Pats fan and kudos to Tosh for going into the Lion’s den – shades of Lenny 2.0

53. purplengold says: Jun 22, 2015 9:08 AM

That’s hilarious. But why a Dolphin fan?

54. simplesimon1 says: Jun 22, 2015 10:43 AM

That is hilarious!!!!!

55. floratiotime says: Jun 22, 2015 11:06 AM

It’s a comedy show folks.

56. somethinghappeninghere says: Jun 22, 2015 11:07 AM

purplengold says:
    Jun 22, 2015 9:08 AM

That’s hilarious. But why a Dolphin fan?
    ——————————–
    kiddo there are lots of Dolphins fans not from s. Florida (I am one of them)

Missed that of course since I don’t live around Boston…but please Tosh put that on your regular show…loved it when he wrote on his cheat “the Jets suck”…and don’t forget to roast the Rexys aka the Bills too…

57. Spazz says: Jun 22, 2015 11:11 AM

I gotta give Tosh credit for banking millions with a really great show concept. All the material for his show is handed to him on a silver platter, and his quick tasteless wit appeals to the Millenials. I’m not above laughing at his humor.

58. denverdude7 says: Jun 22, 2015 12:00 PM

When do the refunds start for the Tom Brady jerseys?

59. bobnelsonjr says: Jun 22, 2015 2:59 PM

Tosh usually wears his Sam jersey.

60. 4Q says: Jun 22, 2015 4:57 PM

Tosh didn’t troll the paying customers, Tosh insulted the victims families to get himself a laugh. D-bag.

61. fanofpft says: Jun 22, 2015 7:13 PM

This is what he does. Those that don’t know that must have never seen him.

62. patriotsdefense says: Jun 24, 2015 12:23 PM

It was funny and he is a notorious sore Dolphins fan. All and all, Viacom is his employer and Robert Kraft is Viacom so Tosh better watch out or he’ll be a nobody again in the snap of a finger.

63. dave399 says: Jun 24, 2015 1:17 PM

I’m surprised this guy had the sack to even set foot in downtown Boston after his numerous and ridiculous Patriots and Patriots fan hate rants.

64. gizzmonic says: Jun 25, 2015 6:41 AM

wasn’t he on Hollywood squares?