Ryan Tannehill calls Miko Grimes situation a distraction

On Sunday, the wife of Dolphins cornerback Brent Grimes launched a profane Twitter tirade against members of the local media, quarterback Ryan Tannehill, and a specific portion of the anatomy of NBA Hall of Famer Magic Johnson. On Wednesday, Tannehill, Grimes, and coach Dan Campbell chimed in on the aftermath of the Miko Grimes meltdown.

“Honestly at this point I’ve heard what she said and I don’t really want to give it the time of day,” Tannehill told reporters. “It doesn’t affect the way I think about myself or the way that I go about my business and prepare to win games. The saddest part about the whole thing is that we have to answer questions about it and it’s becoming a distraction to myself, this organization and this team. Other than that, it’s just business as usual and nothing has changed for me.”

Tannehill added that Brent Grimes apologized for the situation. Grimes also addressed his wife’s remarks in response to questions from reporters.

“I’ve said this plenty of times: My wife is my wife,” Grimes said, via Adam H. Beasley of the Miami Herald. “She talks. We don’t speak the same things. That’s her. . . . My wife’s opinions are her opinions. They’re not my opinions. I really don’t understand why you ask me about my wife’s opinions. It’s not mine.”

Regarding the claim of Miko Grimes that the entire team hates Tannehill, Brent Grimes said, “I don’t know where she got it from.” (A specific portion of the anatomy of NBA Hall of Famer Magic Johnson couldn’t be reached for comment.)

Meanwhile, Armando Salguero of the Miami Herald noted Wednesday that the Dolphins posted a video interview with Grimes on the team’s official website, but then took it down. Salguero also noted that Grimes said the situation was a distraction only for the media — contrary to Tannehill calling the situation a distraction.

Interim coach Dan Campbell (who’ll lose the label after Sunday, and who could be looking forward to that) tried to downplay the situation.

“I’m not concerned about it,” Campbell told reporters. “I just wanted to make sure those two are okay and I know that they are, I’ve talked to both of them. I know that they’ve talked to each other and we’re off to New England now. I feel like the issue is resolved.”

It apparently is resolved. But it’ll be interesting to see if Miko has anything more to say on Sunday, when the Dolphins host the Patriots. Or maybe she’ll be otherwise occupied, either by getting arrested or baking nasty cakes for Brent.

Permalink 36 Comments Feed for comments Latest Stories in: Home, Miami Dolphins, Rumor Mill
36 Responses to “Ryan Tannehill calls Miko Grimes situation a distraction”
  1. FinFan68 says: Dec 31, 2015 4:52 PM

She is the quintessential hood rat. I can only imagine how embarrassed Brent Grimes is. If he is not, then he is no better than she is

2. wte1 says: Dec 31, 2015 4:53 PM

What sleazy bar did Brent Grimes first meet this classy lady?

3. Iknowitall says: Dec 31, 2015 4:56 PM

If Grimes were a real man, he would be able to keep his wife in check.

Just sayin.

4. jolly1234 says: Dec 31, 2015 4:59 PM

When the Pats put 30+ on them, at least she’ll know she did her part to further cripple the trainwreck that is the Dolphins.

5. plum54 says: Dec 31, 2015 5:00 PM

Too funny PFT mentioned the rather vulgar tasteless birthday cake. Google it, words can’t describe it! Or rather PFT could not without the federal obscenity law coming into play. A poster on another site mentioned yesterday. X rated.

6. helladonks says: Dec 31, 2015 5:02 PM

Sounds like a contestant on Flavor of Love

7. Mr. Wright 212 says: Dec 31, 2015 5:16 PM

It’s alright, Brent won’t be there next year anyway. And from what I keep hearing, Tannehill might not be either.

8. nflrule says: Dec 31, 2015 5:16 PM

Control your woman fool!

9. fanofpft says: Dec 31, 2015 5:18 PM

You would think Grimes is telling her this stuff. Or even using her to get his message out. But she claims to know others on the defense.

10. draculalambert says: Dec 31, 2015 5:25 PM

Tanahill has not turned the corner … He will wind up getting traded and bouncing around the league. Think of it like a Fitzpatrick situation but a poor mans version of that.

11. williamannand says: Dec 31, 2015 5:38 PM

Tannehill himself is a distraction.

12. ballboy48 says: Dec 31, 2015 5:41 PM

Any woman that calls their husband “Bae”, and is 40 years old, has issues.

13. pkrlvr says: Dec 31, 2015 5:54 PM

Miko Grimes should be sterilized….

14. PATRIOTSDYNASTYLIVES says: Dec 31, 2015 6:01 PM

Well I suggest you tell your wife to zip it and keep her under control with her mouth because IT WILL cost you your job sooner then later…

15. bksk07 says: Dec 31, 2015 6:01 PM

Yeaaaaaa Oklahoma drill

16. davikes says: Dec 31, 2015 6:14 PM

New headline “Ryan Tannehill calls Miko Grimes a nut job”

17. duanethomas33 says: Dec 31, 2015 6:18 PM

He is feeding that idiot wife of his information, because she is saying stuff, that only someone at a closed practice would know. Good luck Brent as you still have some a few years left, but that idiot of yours, is making sure this is your last year in the NFL.

18. YouCryin?PatsMustBeDoingTheirJob says: Dec 31, 2015 6:22 PM

Wow, Tannehill must have graduated at the head of his class.

19. godenbroncos says: Dec 31, 2015 7:07 PM

Brent would still prefer Tannihill’s wife. She’s certainly more attractive than Miko.

20. dropanotherpassadams says: Dec 31, 2015 7:16 PM

Classic woman with Narcissistic Personality Disorder with the passive codependent husband.You have to feel for Brent because if she acts like this in public, just think how bad she is behind closed doors.He needs to decide if he can deal with her, or give her 50% of his money and run.

21. mrz28 says: Dec 31, 2015 7:18 PM

Guess they didn’t like my post

22. cantonbound13 says: Dec 31, 2015 7:33 PM

Miko is a Housewives of Atlanta reject.

23. dasheisenberg says: Dec 31, 2015 7:56 PM

So, what is she saying that isn’t true…?

24. 1986wake says: Dec 31, 2015 8:23 PM

Moral of the story. Don’t marry hood rats.

25. jag1959 says: Dec 31, 2015 8:41 PM

You can take the rat out the hood but you can’t take the hood out the rat

26. cflnflfan says: Dec 31, 2015 8:44 PM

Miko Grimes is one of those NFL wife/mom’s who feel like THEY have made it to the NFL. Like its a WE thing. Wives/mom’s tend to not “claim” their husbands career as their own in other professions. Exactly what professional or life skills does she possess aside from the need to bring attention to herself?

27. jwade37 says: Dec 31, 2015 8:47 PM

Funny part is, and what no one is saying: NO ONE ON THE TEAM IS DEFENDING RYAN TANNEHILL

28. etyaps says: Dec 31, 2015 9:04 PM

Brent Grimes looks like a chump, no way your wife keeps embarrassing you with your co-workers n them not lose respect for you.

29. Ugadogs21 says: Dec 31, 2015 9:21 PM

I have wonder what his mother thinks of her daughter inlaw…Dolphins need to cut bait on Grimes before she really does something to embarrass the organization (sic)

30. Buttfuqer says: Dec 31, 2015 9:59 PM

31. mykl954 says: Jan 1, 2016 12:41 AM

Good luck with your next team Brent. Your masculine wife has now burned 2 franchises. She’s too much baggage for any team other than the most desperate.

32. allidoiswin55 says: Jan 1, 2016 4:42 AM

Ryan is weak to even admit that.. Shows he’s not a leader at all. Life’s not fair and so is the life of any NFL qb. When you voice a public complaint about anything to do with a teammate you’re rightfully considered weak. Qbs get all the credit when they win and get the blame when they lose. They also are severally overpaid but it’s just the pressures of being the qb and face of a franchise.

It’s clear he can’t handle that..

33. randomguy9999 says: Jan 1, 2016 9:31 AM

Tanny buddy, you aren’t winning many games and it IS business as usual since you can’t hit the broadside of a barn if it’s longer than a checkdown

34. fishyinalittledishy says: Jan 1, 2016 2:32 PM

I did read what she had to say and it was an interesting read, she let it all out there didn’t hold back one little bit. I was embarrassed for her she must have been on the drink early that afternoon because nobody would have let it all go like that without being a bit tipsy. Now having said that she might have gone over the top on Tanny but I could have been just as mad this year on many occasions. Some of it I agreed with and some was just plain ridiculous and not needed. I just can’t believe she was a 100% sober. That’s not an excuse, because being the wife of Brent Grimes and more importantly a mother she has responsibility not to completely lose it like she did.

35. bakeberryjam says: Jan 1, 2016 3:49 PM

She’s so delusional. Thinks she has legions of “haters” just because no one wants to hear her bad-mouth the team, “leak” private locker-room info, and attack anyone who talks negative about Brent, even though he’s had probably his worst career season this year, after already declining last year.

It’s unfortunate because I still like Grimes as a player, but the guy is increasingly not worth his contract. Miko does not help his cause.

36. ocalarob says: Jan 2, 2016 12:33 PM

I think she’s spot on, Lazors inept offensive philosophy with no running game to speak of has put great pressure on this defense. Tannehill is mediocre at best with marginal accuracy and absolutely no pocket presence which makes him responsible for some of the sacks he’s incurred, the other sacks are attributed to the lack of a running game. all these three and outs put great pressure on the D and clueless fans pointing the finger at the D, a good offense is a good defense.