Four more 2016 NFL Draft picks set (guessing they don’t like that in DC)

Getty Images

With the wild card round of the playoffs in the books, four more slots in the 2016 NFL draft order were set.

Washington secured the 21st overall pick, based on a lower strength of schedule number than the 9-7 Texans.

The Vikings will pick 23rd, and the Bengals 24th. The remaining seven first-round selections will be determined by playoff results. The Patriots, of course, forfeited their pick for more probably than not deflating footballs.

Here’s a look at the first-round order as we know it at the moment:

Here’s the list of the top 20 slots in this year’s draft shown with records and strength of schedule numbers. The remaining picks will be filled in as the playoffs progress (wild card weekend losers will take slots 21-24, divisional round losers 25-28, etc.):

1. Titans: 3-13 (.492 )

2. Browns: 3-13 (.531)

3. Chargers: 4-12 (.527)

4. Cowboys: 4-12 (.531)

5. Jaguars: 5-11 (.473)

6. Ravens: 5-11 (.508)

7.  49ers: 5-11 (.539)

8. Dolphins: 6-10 (.469)

9.  Buccaneers: 6-10 (.484)

10. Giants: 6-10 (.500)

11. Bears: 6-10 (.547)

12. Saints: 7-9 (.504)

13. Eagles: 7-9 (.508)

14. Raiders: 7-9 (.512)

15. Rams: 7-9 (.527)

16. Lions: 7-9 (.535)

17. Falcons: 8-8 (.481)

18. Colts: 8-8 (.500)

19. Bills: 8-8 (.508)

20. Jets: 10-6 (.441)

21. Washington 9-7 (.471)

22. Texans 9-7 (.476)

23. Vikings 11-5 (.504)

24. Bengals 12-4 (.477)

49 responses to “Four more 2016 NFL Draft picks set (guessing they don’t like that in DC)

1. torchamundo says:
    Jan 10, 2016 8:57 PM
    Vikings need to trade AP for that #4 pick from the Cowboys
    ————————————————

Maybe you meant to say that fourth round pick from the Cowboys for AP.

2. torchamundo says:
    Jan 10, 2016 8:57 PM

Vikings need to trade AP for that #4 pick from the Cowboys
    ———————————-

The way AP played to end the season (and today), they couldn’t trade him for a conditional 2017 7th rounder. Six of his last eight games he’s averaged three and a half yards per carry or less and rushed for less than than 70 yards. he has officially hit the wall.

3. Depending which players area on the board but Vikings need O-lines and another safety. Very confident Vikings will go all the way to win it all next year. Get rid of AP and Walsh though. At least that’s what Belichick would do.

4. tvguy22 says:
    Jan 10, 2016 9:12 PM

It’s Redskins. You guys are ridiculous with your silly crusade.
    =======================================

Hey… it makes them “feel’ better about things. lol

5. if i were the Washington Redskins, i’d franchise tag Cousins, give him another year and see if his good year was a fluke……i’d use a 2nd or 3rd round pick on a QB and if Cousins struggles next year, throw in the rookie.

6. Has Goodell given the Patriots back their #1 2016 draft pick back yet?

Goodell is a hypocrite. He will pontificate about how important the NFL draft is to the fans while stealing a first round pick from Patriots fans as a gift to owners of teams that could not compete with them on the field.

7. Why provoke the Patriots fans? I mean, hasn’t America had to put up with their constant whining long enough? It’s sad to see a media outlet coddle a fanbase so much. Let it go.

8. Pats fans need to stop with their delusional rants. They act like no other team has ever dominated the NFL before, its absurd to claim the league is after them for anything other than their shady activies, there’s just too much to overlook in the cheating department for it to have any merit. Stop embarrassing yourselves, Pats fans.

9. torchamundo says:
    Jan 10, 2016 8:57 PM

Vikings need to trade AP for that #4 pick from the Cowboys
    _______

I don’t think that’s going to happen, but I would settle for the fourth pick in any round.

10. codythao35 says:
    Jan 10, 2016 9:34 PM

________

Dude, I think the Vikings will be improved next year and will have a good season, but no true Viking fan could ever be even mildly confident that they’ll go all the way to win it all. Did you see the way they lost the game today? The curse is alive and well.

11. Texans and Vikings will be trying to figure out how to move up in the draft to get a Qb
    ———————————————————–
    why would the Vikings give up on Teddy Bridgewater??? i would love him to play in Washington. he’s a fine QB, what the Vikings need is some WRs who can get open and (of course) linemen to protect Teddy.

12. Stop embarrassing yourselves, Pats fans.
    ===
    When you admit that PV=nRT applies to fooballs anywhere in this universe…

13. All you guys talking about Adrian Peterson trade talks make me think. I don’t think athletes should be role models and I truly don’t care what most guys do on my favorite teams. Steroids, smoking pot… Things like that don’t really bother me. Even ray rice if he had any talent left probly deserves a chance to play. But anytime I hear about that scum bag Peterson it makes me sick. Kids are helpless when it comes to who their parents are. Rices wife did choose not to leave him when he decided to knock her out. Petersons kids are stuck with that loser. If my team had this guy I would be pis$ed. As a father that volunteers as a coach I feel for kids and I’m so glad he fumbled to today and average 2 yards a carry. Every game he plays after today will be one to many. Here’s hoping he just disappears but we all know he’ll be in canton someday. And we all know his 7 kids with 7 different women will be draining our society for years to come.

14. I love how REDSKINS is a “banned” term yet, Cowboys (who would slaughter native americans) is still PC. Do not also forget about the “saints” which is forcing religion upon me every time I have to hear the name mentioned. Can the story be amended to say Dallas and New Orleans instead of their mascots. Thanks

15. I mean, hasn’t America had to put up with their winning long enough? Their I fixed it for you( not a Pats fan, but I couldn’t resist)…

16. I’m sure the vikings pick at #23 will be the greatest #23 pick ever in the history of the NFL… according to viking fans.

17. twincities90210 says:
    Jan 10, 2016 9:05 PM
    the NFL is completely rigged and controlled.

Talk about a Weapon of Mass DISTRACTION

———————————————
    Twincities90210 you are not wrong however when trying to inform the sheep who are still sleeping it’s better to put a current event or stomething that happened durring these distractions to help pull the wool. Look into it everyone sports are huge for a reason. On that note…. Go Pack Go

18. In Teddy We Trust says:

Wow, that higher draft pick makes me feel so much better about that missed field goal.
    ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Totally agree (full sarcasm on like you).

And yet after week 17, many Packer fans laughed at us for winning the game because we’d end up picking later in the draft than they would.

That’s loser mentality. I always want to win the game.

19. “Four more 2016 NFL Draft picks set (guessing they don’t like that in DC)”
    __________________________

Why would DC not like that more than anywhere else? Because the skins lost? But they have the best pick out of all the wild card losers. I’m not sure I understand your point.

20. Redskins have a good base so having a late pick stinks but I think the Redskins can focus on the right player, just not the right player at the spot.