Pacman issues apology to Antonio Brown

AP

As he promised he would, Bengals cornerback Adam “Pacman” Jones apologized to Steelers wide receiver Antonio Brown on Friday.

Jones had accused Brown of faking an injury after the Vontaze Burfict hit that was part of the wild final sequence of last weekend’s game in Cincinnati. Jones had said Brown would be cleared by the end of this week, “I promise.”

He wasn’t. The Steelers on Friday ruled Brown out of Sunday’s game in Denver.

The apology came via a video posted on Jones’ Instagram account.

“AB – My apology, my brother,” Jones said. “I’m a man of my word. I’ve been doing a little traveling so that’s why it took so long. But I apologize, sincerely. Get well.”

Jones was fined $28,940 for contacting an official after the play.

64 responses to “Pacman issues apology to Antonio Brown

1. I almost fell out of my chair reading this, it doesn’t change that the dood is insane, but at least he did it

2. Pacman will make the list of broke ex NFL athletes in about year 2 of his retirement. Dude puts the J into Jenius.

3. What I want to know is what did he see that would give any indication he was faking???

The hit was brutal, and you can actually see Brown’s body go limp on his way to the ground when he was knocked out.

Pacman’s not only a bad person, he lacks the common sense that everyone else had when they saw it live and on replay that it was a brutal hit and he wasn’t faking.

Somehow as fans, we are all partly responsible for the fact that morons like Pacman Jones are millionaires… Yuck.

4. They really need to add a zero to most of these fines. If the penalty is a relatively minor hit to the sizeable bank accounts these players have, then they will never stop the shenanigans.

5. Well that was unexpectedly mature of him.

I mean, granted, I still wish the maturity had started somewhere around two minutes from the end of the game last Saturday, but, uh, better late than never, I guess?

Gotta find the silver lining where you can.

6. I guess Brown wasn’t “my brother” when he was accused of faking it though, right?

I would hope that Brown tells Jones exactly where he can put his apology!

7. Plenty of reasons to rag on Pacman, but he said what he would do and he did what he said he would do. I still think he’s barely bright enough to keep a seat warm but he didn’t knock out Brown, just responded badly to the event.

8. To be fair to Pacman, all he did was bump into the ref while jawing with Porter. He didn’t cheap shot Brown or do anything else. I can give him a break for that.

9. Marshawn Lunch says:
    Jan 15, 2016 4:22 PM
    “They really need to add a zero to most of these fines. If the penalty is a relatively minor hit to the sizeable bank accounts these players have, then they will never stop the shenanigans.”
    _________________

Agree 100%. They consider it a small price to pay for scratching that “I need to commit some serious violence” itch. Better than seeing a therapist I guess?

So, increase the player fines AND implement coinciding fines for the TEAM as well. Any time one of your players gets fined, so do you. That would stop this crap in its tracks.

Pacman got off cheap when he ripped Amari Cooper’s helmet off and slammed his head into it. He should have been suspended for 3 games for that, as Burfict was in this case.

All that said, Burfict needs to be leashed thrown in a kennel. He’s nothing but a rabid dog.

10. Couldn’t help laughing at this, but it’s sad. The flag was based on the hit, not the extent of the injury.

Jones is his own worst enemy. At least Burfict has had the sense to remain quiet since drawing one of the penalties that helped undo his team. Jones somehow thought blaming Brown would absolve him for his own bad behavior. As with many of his choices, his antics this week have only caused him more grief.

11. Twenty-eight thousand, nine forty?

What more would he have had to do to make it an even twenty-nine thousand??

12. It is so good to know this outstanding individual Adam Jones is a man of his word! The Bengals must be proud to have such a stand up player on their team.

13. truthfactory says:
    Jan 15, 2016 4:20 PM

———————————————————————

Full disclosure, I am a Giants fan and don’t have any dog in this fight.

I thought the same thing Pacman did when I saw the play live. I thought Brown was hamming it up to get a flag. After seeing a million replays of it my opinion changed but live I was pretty sure he was faking it. Truth is the Steelers have a reputation for blurring the lines of “fair play” going back to the 70s.

This game saw one coach pull a players hair out of bounds, another coach goad players on the field into a penalty and clear head hunting hits on both sides of the field.

And I loved every minute of it.

14. Good for Pacman for apologizing.
    Small consolation though, and doesn’t
    take away any of Antonio’s headaches.

15. It’s a shame how big of a story this nonsense became.

And it’s a shame how many people actually believed him.

But that’s why people like Jones says things like this – some people believe whatever they want to believe, whether it makes any sense or not. Believing an obvious lie is still more palatable to some than believing the obvious truth.

16. thurstonblogging says:
    Jan 15, 2016 4:35 PM

Adam Jones and the rest of that team are all scumbag losers.
    ————————-

I’ll take a team of scumbag losers over a team that has a rapist and a dog-killing felon on the roster.

17. bradyakagod says:
    Jan 15, 2016 4:35 PM

Does anyone else get a sense of sarcasium with this apology? I can’t wait till Berfick issues his apology after steelers lose on Sunday.
    ——————————————————–
    I’d say anyone who actually takes the time to view the apology would say no. I’d say let’s give the guy some positive reinforcement for actually doing the right thing. Maybe he will see the difference between good and bad behavior. I’d also say if you’re going call out anyone at least have the common courtesy to get the name right.

18. Porter, Ward, Harrison – Not to mention even their coaches getting in scrums with players. At least they know someone is going to smash them in the mouth back from now on.

19. So now that we know Jones totally made up this story about Antonio Brown “winking” at him and tacitly admitting that he faked the injury, will we now also stop believing his other made up story about Coach Porter “cussing” and antagonizing the Bengal players?

It baffles me why everyone accepts the word of these Bengal players that Coach Porter “antagonized” them. There is NO EVIDENCE that he did.

And more to the point – why does it it matter? So what if he antagonized them? Grow up and ignore it. If they had just worried about themselves they would be playing this weekend and not the Steelers.

20. People are just hating on Pacman for his past. The guy has turned it around the last 5 or so years. His penalty was for making contact with the ref but he was right to jump in Joey Porter’s face who was on the field (where he shouldn’t have been) instigating. If the refs got it right these would have been offsetting penalties.

21. Pacman Jones is a man of his word? What word exactly?

Are we supposed to find virtue in some moron apologizing a week later about something he never should have said?

Hope in his premature offseason he works on what being a decent human being is all about.

22. thurstonblogging says:
    Jan 15, 2016 4:35 PM

Adam Jones and the rest of that team are all scumbag losers.
    ————————-

Dog killer who paid his debt yes…rapist no …unless you have proof big mouth that you would care to share…..
    You will definetly fit with your team of scumbags…no effort required.

23. Contrary to all the football haters on this site, Pacman kept his word. Some in his situation would have made excuses. He didn’t.

24. bradyakagod says:
    Jan 15, 2016 4:35 PM

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
    No, I don’t get that sense at all. I watched him on Inside The NFL. He seemed to think the hit wasn’t that bad…but he’s a defensive player. Naturally he will say that. But he did apologize. I didn’t see the video, but I’m guessing it was much more sincere than Cryin’ Leaf.

25. “Pacman” made up a story about Antonio Brown “winking” at him after the play.

So what the hell value does “Pacman’s” b.s. apology have to do with anything to anybody? The guy is garbage. His apology and four bucks will get you a cup of coffee nowadays.

And by the way, what kind of nickname is “Pacman?” That game came out before Adam Jones was born, and Adam Jones is no spring chicken.

26. Let me see if I have this right…

Burfict hits a defenseless receiver ILLEGALLY and knocks the daylights out of him (concussion so bad that he can’t play the following week)

Pacman acts like a total donkey on the field when the flag was thrown. He was so out of control that he contacts a ref trying to get at joey porter who’s only thing he did wrong was being on the field giving a stare down to the Bungals defense.

Gillberry and Burfict started the incident with Porter by making contact with the Steeler doctor and then with Porter.

SO HOW DO YOU BENGAL FANS AND BENGAL SIDING MORONS FIGURE PORTER CAUSED ALL THIS? Your stupidity and no disipline as players cost you the game, not Porter and certainly not the refs.

27. Nice way to give your team’s 100% away as the first penalty was
    Not a sure field goal win but your dumb ars had to go give it away
    So good move there you genius

28. At least it’s a sincere apology.
    Thank Pacman.
    PS – I love your video game, been playing it since before you were born.

Keep up with the penalties, you are entertaining.

29. DaCriticDatsRight says:
    Jan 15, 2016 7:54 PM

Let me see if I have this right…

—————————————————

People are taking issue with Porter because what he achieved is rare.

How many times have guys been flagged for hitting a defenseless receiver, or bumping a ref, a QB throw a pick or a RB fumble within two minutes? These things happen to win or lose a game.

But for a coach to get into the heads of opposing players during a game, using what can only be described as a siren call or Jedi mind trick (he kept his hands in his pockets but when he started talking the IQ of surrounding Bengal players appeared to drop by 30 points), and manipulate a 15 yrd penalty out of the situation… that’s some never before seen art right there. Many have tried, none have succeeded that I can recall.

What it really comes down to is that we do not see things like this happen any given Sunday, and so people are having a hard time comprehending the impact it had upon the outcome.

30. “My brother”

He basically called him a liar and cheat and had no concern for his medical condition but has the nerve to call him his brother? What a turd.