Belichick: I would never, ever, ever underestimate Peyton

DENVER, CO - JANUARY 19:  Head coach Bill Belichick of the New England Patriots congratulates  Peyton Manning #18 of the Denver Broncos after the Broncos defeated the New England Patriots 26 to 16 during the AFC Championship game at Sports Authority Field at Mile High on January 19, 2014 in Denver, Colorado.  (Photo by Kevin C. Cox/Getty Images) Getty Images

The Peyton Manning Bill Belichick’s defense will see on Sunday is not the same as the Peyton Manning who beat the Patriots in the AFC Championship Game two years ago, nor is it the same Peyton Manning who led the Colts in a lot of great battles with the Patriots through the years. At least, that’s how it looks to most of us.

But Belichick said today that he’s expecting a great Manning to play against New England on Sunday, and the Patriots would be foolish to think the 2016 version of Manning will be easy to beat.

“Peyton’s a great player,” Belichick said. “We’ve had tremendous battles with him through the years. There’s no player off our team I have more respect for than Peyton Manning. His preparation, his consistency, his skills, I would never, ever, ever underestimate him under any circumstances.”

Belichick referred to the Broncos as the “best team we’ve played this year,” although the last time the Patriots played the Broncos, it was with Brock Osweiler at quarterback. On Sunday, with Manning at the helm, Belichick thinks he’ll be facing as good a player as he’s ever coached against.

Permalink 90 Comments Feed for comments Latest Stories in: Denver Broncos, New England Patriots, Rumor Mill, Top Stories
90 Responses to “Belichick: I would never, ever, ever underestimate Peyton”
  1. lemmetalkwouldya says: Jan 20, 2016 11:45 AM

Meanwhile, the Donks are all talking crap about New England

2. patsxsaintsfan says: Jan 20, 2016 11:46 AM

The only thing we should say all week. I wish Gronk wouldn’t have said anything but it’s too late now. The Broncos are giving this team all the edge they need to come out ready to play as if they wouldn’t already be. I think this will be a good game I’m curious to see how the Broncos try to cover eldeman. If Chris Harris JR is on him I feel like eldeman will win that battle but only time will tell. Should be a great game and I hope at the end of it I get to see Peyton manning take off his helmet for the last time

3. watdoiknow says: Jan 20, 2016 11:47 AM

Look at Bill playing well with others!

4. chesswhileyouplaycheckers says: Jan 20, 2016 11:50 AM

Only a fool underestimates his opponent. The Hoodie is no fool. A lot of trash gets talked here by the ignorant but Manning is a great player playing the back nine. Physically he may have deteriorated but anyone underestimating his football IQ or competitiveness does so at their peril.

5. whywerule says: Jan 20, 2016 11:50 AM

Peyton’s arm might not be the same, because apparently his wife Ashley was hogging all the HGH so she should improve her 40 time, but Peyton is still one of the two smartest QBs in football.

Football IQ can always be dangerous, and Peyton has not lost any.

Should be fun, but a lot more fun if the Pats win.

6. patriottony says: Jan 20, 2016 11:51 AM

See these comments versus the BS cheap shots already coming from the DENVER DONKEY’s players:

Like: “take gronk out at the KNEE’s”
    Like: “Every time brady gets touched he wants a flag”

Shall I go on?

Some teams just don’t get it…

7. futures44 says: Jan 20, 2016 11:51 AM

Patriots don’t need extra motivation for this game. Broncos look nervous to me. They know the Pats should of won with half their team hurt last time.

8. weepingjebus says: Jan 20, 2016 11:52 AM

Belichick will sing Peyton’s praises all week, while the Broncos take shots at Brady, maybe insult his wife a little too. Which QB will spend all week filled with an unquenchable desire for vengeance? I guess we will see.

9. cwludwig says: Jan 20, 2016 11:54 AM

That’s why he Cheats!

10. isphet71 says: Jan 20, 2016 11:55 AM

The Broncos and their fans are trying really hard to politic and win the game off the field because they are scared what’s going to happen ON the field.

I say this as a fan of the Broncos (lifetime lions fan but lived in Denver for quite a while so I adopted them as my second favorite team.) But Manning is throwing ducks and diminished farther at this point than Elway ever was when he helped win his 2 Super Bowls, and most Denver fans and the team knows it.

11. alltee says: Jan 20, 2016 11:55 AM

peyton manning one td in mile high this season including playoffs

Tom Brady 3 tds in mile high this season (1 game)

This isn’t the same manning and Broncos fans know it and Broncos players are spending more time trying to get the refs to play for them through the media

12. seriously423 says: Jan 20, 2016 11:56 AM

Patriots=class

Broncos=not

13. BobbyHanks63 says: Jan 20, 2016 11:56 AM

When he talks he is sincere and he says the right things about other players. If he does not feel that way about other players he says nothing. That’s what I want for the team that I follow, a head coach with a proven track record and someone that does not have to answer every question the way the person who asked it wants him to. Love him or hate him no true fan would not want this head coach behind their team’s bench. The guy is simply brilliant.

14. jff27 says: Jan 20, 2016 11:56 AM

Broncos: “Brady’s a crybaby”.
    Pats: “I would never underestimate Peyton”.

Pats>Broncos

15. unknownsniper says: Jan 20, 2016 11:57 AM

hey papa, can i get extra hgh on my pizza?

thanks papa

16. futures44 says: Jan 20, 2016 11:58 AM

Unfortunately this is the Patriots vs the NFL office. Not just Peyton.

Mike Kensil, the NFL’s Senior VP of game operations, chose to first break the news to a Patriots employee that the footballs the Patriots used in the first half of the AFCCG lost some air by saying to Patriots equipment man Dave Schoenfeld, “We weighed the balls. You are in big f—— trouble.”

Next, another NFL operations hack, Dave Gardi, sent false PSI information to Patriots owner Robert Kraft which exaggerated how much air the Patriots footballs lost and lied about the PSI levels of the Colts’ footballs.

Then it was leaked to ESPN’s Chris Mortensen that 11 of 12 Patriots footballs were underinflated by two PSI.

The NFL tried to pawn off Ted Wells as being an independent investigator. As did Wells. They finally gave up that lie in court.

Troy Vincent, the NFL’s VP of Operations either lied to Ted Wells about his recollection of when he first heard that the Patriots were suspected of deflating balls or he lied in Tom Brady’s appeal in June.

Goodell lied and lied and lied.

17. truetrue85 says: Jan 20, 2016 11:59 AM

I’m with Bill on this one, I learned the hard way to never doubt the Sheriff on that dreaded night back in 2009 when I witnessed him erase a 17 point deficit in 4 minutes to come out victorious by 1 point… of course aided by the oh so memorable 4th & 2. I see my Patriots winning this game, but it’s gonna be a lot closer than most Pats fans are thinking. 31-27 Patriots.

18. patsfan1820 says: Jan 20, 2016 11:59 AM

Belichick is never going to talk trash about a player and give them extra motivation plus he and Peyton are friends anyway.

19. gmen05 says: Jan 20, 2016 12:00 PM

Belichick with more respect than the entire Patriots fanbase. Good for him. Now here come the incessant insults about Noodle Arm from the legion of Patriots couch potatoes.

20. TeeHeeLOLatPatsHaters says: Jan 20, 2016 12:02 PM

I agree with Belichick.

The lengths PEDton* would go to get his HGH. Going to a shady Balco-tied pharmacy in Indiana and having them ship his illegal PEDs to his wife and then use her to lie about what they really were for.

Who knows what depths the filthy doping cheat will stoop to next! Don’t underestimate a guy like that Bill.

21. notwithkubiak says: Jan 20, 2016 12:05 PM

Broncos have 0 chance to win this game.

22. ricko1112 says: Jan 20, 2016 12:06 PM

NE has always been about about class and the high road. True football fans realize this. It’s only the fair weather, bandwagon fans who are dumb enough to believe all the lies that spew from the corrupt NFL offices and their lapdogs over at BSPN.

These yahoos don’t root FOR any team in particular. Their alliegence changes year to year, depending upon which is the “team du jour.” Instead they enjoy rooting AGAINST teams. They are easily exposed when they vote down any comment that tells the truth about NE. Like this one.

23. getyourownname says: Jan 20, 2016 12:07 PM

Belichick is smart. Bronco players, not so much.

24. skoobyfl says: Jan 20, 2016 12:08 PM

Peyton will shake his hand first after the loss, for the last time.

25. cmj0121 says: Jan 20, 2016 12:08 PM

Belichick: I would never, ever, ever underestimate MY DELIGHT IN ALL THINGS CHEATING

26. ReligionIsForIdiots says: Jan 20, 2016 12:12 PM

Jan. 12 – Sports Authority Field

2 New England 16
    1 Denver 26

History repeats itself.

27. Bizzareslantpass says: Jan 20, 2016 12:15 PM

HGH ! Derp!

28. TheWizard says: Jan 20, 2016 12:18 PM

I wish they would have won the Dolphins game and had these guys at home.

Mile High tough to get a win in.

29. ricko1112 says: Jan 20, 2016 12:20 PM

Get ready for a steaming pile of Manning Face!

30. henry53 says: Jan 20, 2016 12:21 PM

(Pats fan here)
    Let’s put it this way; Manning may not be physically as great as he once was, but mentally he is a player that can take charge when it matters. Manning would never have allowed that clock management mess that was the Cheif’s endgame last week. He would simply turn off his headset and lead the offense.

31. jkautz11 says: Jan 20, 2016 12:27 PM

News flash: The Patriots can’t win in Denver. Home field advantage alone will win this game. I’ll be at the game this week, and I know the crowd is going to bring it like 2013. Brady won’t even be able to HEAR HIMSELF THINK!!

– Broncos Country!

32. nepatriot1 says: Jan 20, 2016 12:31 PM

I think the Patriots are going to beat the Broncos silly, worse than the smackdown they gave the Colts last year. At least Luck could throw. We’ll see on Sunday.

33. 12444uggg says: Jan 20, 2016 12:32 PM

“The league allowed a Colts equipment man to stick a needle into a Patriots football to take a PSI measurement during the first half of the AFC Championship last January.”

The league didn’t “allow” anything, if Brady doesn’t throw a pick, the equipment guy doesn’t touch the ball. The NFL were informed by Grigson the day before of the concern (that was shared to him by the Ravens) yet the Refs who were in charge of the equipment still allowed “Dorito Doink” to take off with all of the game balls for the Pats and walk into a bathroom. The Refs didn’t get accurate PSI measurements either. I’ve maintained if you’re still losing sleep over this, stop with the “moon landing” conspiracy theories and blame the Refs first and foremost.

Oh, BB is smart enough not to underestimate 18, but I’m guessing about 95% of the Pat fan base isn’t.

34. justintuckrule says: Jan 20, 2016 12:32 PM

I hope he gives us one more epic performance to cap off a stellar career.

35. streetyson says: Jan 20, 2016 12:33 PM

@futures44 – agreed. But my favorite part of Framegate is when Aaron Rodgers actually (and bravely) admitted to running just such an illegal scheme for years in Green Bay to improperly inflate the balls and try and sneak them past the refs and how the refs would sometimes reject the balls and sometimes not spot it! And what was Troy Vincent’s response when asked why they wouldn’t investigate? : “we don’t want to overreact”. In-bloody-credible!

36. rollotomasi14 says: Jan 20, 2016 12:39 PM

TheWizard says:
    Jan 20, 2016 12:18 PM

I wish they would have won the Dolphins game and had these guys at home.

Mile High tough to get a win in.
    —————————-
    That would have changed the dynamic of postseason and may not have even faced Denver because they would have had to play KC.

37. skinnylegspeytonmanning says: Jan 20, 2016 12:42 PM

So Billy is now sending Valentines to his opponents?? Wow, what happened to old stone lips?

38. stealthjunk says: Jan 20, 2016 12:44 PM

Any updates on whether the Deflator ever lost that weight?

39. gotitan says: Jan 20, 2016 12:45 PM

I thought you were going 19-0?

40. bjwbrown2011 says: Jan 20, 2016 12:50 PM

Belichick vs Manning is one of the all time great rivalries in terms of a coach vs a player.

Bill showed Peyton the ultimate respect back in 2009 on the 4th and 2 game when he basically said: I can’t give the ball back to Peyton with a chance to win, doesn’t matter if he gets the ball back on his own 20 or our 25, he’s probably going to score.

Peyton has been successful so often, but the Patriots have designed so many successful counters to Peyton which Peyton then counters back.

The 2006 AFC championship game is one of those all time greats where the Pats jump to a 21-3 lead off a pick 6 based on a disguised coverage, then in the 4th quarter Peyton spots that disguise and gets a huge gain putting them in a great spot to score the eventual winning TD.

If Peyton decides to go into coaching, I would love to see him spend a year with Belichick just to see what would happen when you combine what are probably the two best minds in football of this generation.

41. RE LEE says: Jan 20, 2016 12:53 PM

Brady also said that outside of Peyton’s family, nobody admires Peyton more than him. BB, Brady and Peyton are legends. We are darn lucky to witness their relentless drive for excellence.
    It’s not just arms strength or mobility that make a good QB. There are many QBs who have those talent yet do not reach the greatness of Brady and Peyton. Football IQ is paramount. BB knows that Peyton have that. It compensates for lack of strength… Brady is a testament to that. Peyton strength is a tad diminished for now. If he feels a mite better on Sunday it will be a long day for my Pats.

42. graylingskies says: Jan 20, 2016 1:00 PM

Evident in these Pats playoff pressers is the universal quality of character of everyone throughout the entire organization. What’s their main focus on? It is what’s important long term… their families, their community and their teammates. They are humble when asked to talk about themselves, and at game time, cool and unflappable under pressure. No need for false bravado and no need to try to humiliate or intimidate the competition. They love to compete against the best. Their body of work and consistent success does their talking for them. It must be scary as hell for those opposing teams and fans who have no character whatsoever and have no clue on how to build any from scratch. Win or lose the Pats will be back again next year and the year after, you can take that to the bank.

43. rollotomasi14 says: Jan 20, 2016 1:00 PM

Denver fans should be concerned about only 1 offensive TD in their last 24 post season possessions.

44. listenup823 says: Jan 20, 2016 1:00 PM

Any team on any Sunday, Chowder Heads!

45. wkdblc52 says: Jan 20, 2016 1:04 PM

And on top of that I would never film teams illegally to gain an advantage because you all know how paranoid I can be, and yes, I don’t like the media to know how I hedge on injury reports every week, and yes, I mumble a lot in those worthless press conferences because I don’t feel I should have to explain anything I do, and yes, my QB likes to deflate footballs to gain an advantage when he feels its necessary, what’s wrong with that ! I am Bill Belichick, and I am God !

46. tajuara says: Jan 20, 2016 1:06 PM

Meanwhile, the Donks are all talking crap about New England

—————————————————-

Some players are, just like Gronk did this morning, but is part of the game…

47. nenlain says: Jan 20, 2016 1:07 PM

Smart man.

48. goodguyattorney says: Jan 20, 2016 1:14 PM

Good grief I hate The Hoodie. I hate that pretty boy QB. I hate the Patriots. And I really really really hate the fact that they are better than everyone else at doing what they do. Oh, I hate that BB is not my team’s coach and that Brady is not my team’s QB because then I’d know the feeling of always winning and always being in the Championship game and always being in the SB and almost always seeing them hold that trophy for my city. It can’t last forever for them right? I mean, isn’t 15 years of this in my face enough?

49. rollotomasi14 says: Jan 20, 2016 1:14 PM

listenup823 says:
    Jan 20, 2016 1:00 PM

Any team on any Sunday, Chowder Heads!
    —————————-

You know who says that? People who are concerned about their teams chances.

50. orangecrush5818 says: Jan 20, 2016 1:14 PM

Fact: Tom Brady 2-6 in Denver
    Fact: Tom Brady 2-2 against Peyton in the playoffs.
    Talk all the trash you want Pat’s fans, the Broncos are the AFC’s version of the Giants if the pats aren’t at home they can’t beat the Broncos…..

51. sb44champs says: Jan 20, 2016 1:15 PM

I would never, ever, ever underestimate Peyton
    =============================
    Translation: This is going to be blow out

52. concrete998 says: Jan 20, 2016 1:18 PM

I think NE defensive coordinator Matt Patricia was instrumental in the win over KC and I believe he will be the difference in Denver this Sunday.

Belichick will shine Peyton’s shoes today and make him feel like Superman but when Peyton realizes he can’t play up to those accolades… he’ll start tossing picks left and right.

Sadly, as I respect the chess matches they’ve had over the years, Belichick, Brady and the game itself, have all passed Peyton.

It’s only fitting that Brady and Belichick are present for Peyton’s last game.

53. rollotomasi14 says: Jan 20, 2016 1:23 PM

orangecrush5818 says:
    Jan 20, 2016 1:14 PM

Fact: Tom Brady 2-6 in Denver
    Fact: Tom Brady 2-2 against Peyton in the playoffs.
    —————————-
    You just posted that they won 2 games, so obviously they can. You need to try harder.

54. TeeHeeLOLatPatsHaters says: Jan 20, 2016 1:26 PM

Fact: Tom Brady 2-6 in Denver
    Fact: Tom Brady 2-2 against Peyton in the playoffs.

—-
    Fact: Tom Brady is 0-0 in Denver in the playoffs in 2016.
    Fact: At this point in time, the Patriots are the better football team. The better team doesn’t win all the time but they do most of the time.
    Fact: Only the above two facts are relevant for Sunday.

55. rollotomasi14 says: Jan 20, 2016 1:27 PM

orangecrush5818 says:
    Jan 20, 2016 1:14 PM

Fact: Tom Brady 2-6 in Denver
    Fact: Tom Brady 2-2 against Peyton in the playoffs.
    ——————-
    Fact: Manning is 0-5 in postseason games when the temp is under 40 degrees.
    Game time temp this Sunday? Under 40 degrees. So 2-6 is better than 0-5.

56. donlogansb says: Jan 20, 2016 1:27 PM

Pats are favored? Vegas says so, but that’s more for the betting line. This is too close to call.

Denver is the only NFL team with a true home field advantage—the altitude. They live there. They practice there. They’ve adapted physically. Every team that plays there has to contend with it. And it’s a tough one.

Not the same as the 12th man effect in places like Seattle. That’s psychological. And somewhat physical due to the noise. But doesn’t hit players like a ton of bricks. Altitude does.

Denver’s advantage wears down opponents physically and psychologically.

Can’t be overstated.

Look at the Pittsburgh D at the end of last week’s game. Totally gassed.

The home field advantage balances off any of Peyton’s supposedly diminished skills.

But don’t believe the hype. Or even what your eyes have told you over the past season.

Peyton’s greatness can’t be overstated, either. He can pull it together to create one last masterpiece or two. That’s all he needs.

Just watch.

57. graylingskies says: Jan 20, 2016 1:27 PM

Opposing teams don’t have the right to know what injuries players suffer from. The information gives opponents unfair advantage and places a target on that player for further injury. The only reason for injury reports are so the book can set a line in Vegas favorable to the house. If the league insists on these reports then that’s what they will get, reports listing every ailment known to man. It’s a stupid rule and should be eliminated in the next CBA.

58. TeeHeeLOLatPatsHaters says: Jan 20, 2016 1:29 PM

I mean, isn’t 15 years of this in my face enough?

—-

59. shikbraves says: Jan 20, 2016 1:35 PM

I have no doubt the Pats can cheat for another 15 years…this team knows no shame

60. rollotomasi14 says: Jan 20, 2016 1:40 PM

orangecrush5818 says:
    Jan 20, 2016 1:14 PM

Fact: Tom Brady 2-6 in Denver
    ————————
    Fact: Denver is 2-5 in Superbowls, so I guess if Denver makes it there, they’re not going to win based on your logic, right?

61. graylingskies says: Jan 20, 2016 1:45 PM

donlogansb says:
    Jan 20, 2016 1:27 PM

Denver’s advantage wears down opponents physically and psychologically.

Can’t be overstated.

Look at the Pittsburgh D at the end of last week’s game. Totally gassed.

Just watch.
    ___________________________________

I’m a Pats fan who’s lived in Denver and everything you say is true. Tell the equipment manager to bring those O2 tanks along, Bill.

Hope we get the best from both teams this weekend. I’ve always liked the Donks, just not when they play the Pats.

62. rollotomasi14 says: Jan 20, 2016 1:45 PM

Just watch.
    —————————
    Except that Peyton is 0-5 in the postseason when the temp is under 40 degrees, game time temp is going to be in the 30s. Does home field advantage over come that?

63. TeeHeeLOLatPatsHaters says: Jan 20, 2016 1:45 PM

——–
    No offense but it’s funny hearing this stuff. People talk like the Denver Broncos are sherpas and the team plays on Mount Everest.:)

I’m sure there’s a tiny advantage to be had at 5,000 feet or whatever it is but most of it is psychological more than anything…and it’s not like this is marathon running, it’s a football game.

64. tylawspick6 says: Jan 20, 2016 1:51 PM

Why do people hate the greatest GM and coach of all time?

Is it just the jealousy and self hatred those people out there have?

If this was 1986, the media would be calling BB the Red Auerbach of the NFL.

Disgusting.

65. campcre3k says: Jan 20, 2016 1:52 PM

Ppl are saying the Broncos are all talk but wasn’t tom Brady sending shots at Peyton through email???

66. chesswhileyouplaycheckers says: Jan 20, 2016 1:59 PM

gotitan says:
    Jan 20, 2016 12:45 PM
    I thought you were going 19-0?
    ————————-

Found it strange that a titans fan would throw shade at anyone. Never mind the winningest team in the last 20 years particularly with the 19-0 comment considering how the Pats are about as close to the 19 part of it annually as the titans are to the 0 but then I realized the obsession with the number 19. It’s the same number of games the titans have won…in the last FOUR years and the Patriots have lost in the last FIVE.
    Poor little guy

67. riggo08 says: Jan 20, 2016 2:00 PM

I would never, ever, ever underestimate Bill’s ability to cheat under any circumstances. *PATRIOTS

68. orrnumberfour says: Jan 20, 2016 2:04 PM

Broncos: “Brady’s a crybaby”.
    Pats: “I would never underestimate Peyton”.

Pats>Broncos

…………….

You nailed it buddy. Perfect summary. Short. Accurate. Truth.

69. TeeHeeLOLatPatsHaters says: Jan 20, 2016 2:18 PM

campcre3k says:
    Jan 20, 2016 1:52 PM

Saying he’s got two years isn’t taking a shot.

Judging by what we saw this year I think that was a compliment! Brady gave him credit for an extra year.😉

70. orrnumberfour says: Jan 20, 2016 2:19 PM

I mean, isn’t 15 years of this in my face enough?

—-
    When other fans feel like this… it’s one of the greatest compliments a dynasty can get.:)

…………

Absolutely. It is a HUGE compliment that they are sick of the Patriot dynasty.

71. cornerstone2001 says: Jan 20, 2016 2:19 PM

It’s so priceless Pats fans attacking Manning for cheating when in complete denial about their own QB.

Dont give me this “Brady was exonerated by the courts” garbage spewed by Skip Bayless. They NEVER exonerated him or called him innocent, they only said Goodell overstepped his bounds.

In your world, OJ was “exonerated” by the courts
    which makes him innocent right?

72. rogergoodellisatwat says: Jan 20, 2016 2:32 PM

Belichick also said that Hochuli is one of the best referees he’s faced in all his years in New England.

73. silvernblacksabbath says: Jan 20, 2016 2:32 PM

No need to underestimate him Bill. Peyton will choke like he always does…

74. sueb45 says: Jan 20, 2016 2:33 PM

goodguyattorney says:
    Jan 20, 2016 1:14 PM
    —————-
    This is a true fan. As a Pats fan, I can tell you, we all know how lucky we’ve been and that our time with Brady and Belichick can’t last forever. PatriotsNation savors every minute of every game!

75. danm1978 says: Jan 20, 2016 2:35 PM

notwithkubiak says:
    Jan 20, 2016 12:05 PM
    Broncos have 0 chance to win this game
    ———————————————-
    The only teams that have 0 chance to win the game are teams that are not playing. If they are in, they can win.
    Didn’t Denver have no chance in November?

76. sueb45 says: Jan 20, 2016 2:38 PM

cornerstone2001 says:
    Jan 20, 2016 2:19 PM

In your world, OJ was “exonerated” by the courts
    which makes him innocent right?
    —————–
    No court ever declares any defendant ‘Innocent’–the verdict is not guilty or a declaration for the defendant. In Brady’s case, the judge was not even tasked to decide guilt or innocence….and still felt compelled to put into the court record that “there is no evidence that Mr. Brady took air out of any footballs or that he asked anyone else to take air out of any footballs”….that’s pretty close to calling him innocent.

77. wantsomecheesewiththatwhine says: Jan 20, 2016 2:39 PM

bill also said manning is the best quarter back he’s ever faced. and since he’s been in the league since the 70s that’s saying something.

i’ll give him that, and he can say that because, of course, he never had to ‘face’ brady

78. sueb45 says: Jan 20, 2016 2:44 PM

campcre3k says:
    Jan 20, 2016 1:52 PM
    —————-
    No, a private email from Brady’s phone was leaked to the press (and people wonder why he wouldn’t hand it over), someone asked him if Peyton’s career was over, Brady said that he thought he had a lot more time left to play than Peyton (I’m paraphrasing)—he wasn’t bashing Peyton or trash talking him. When the email was released, Brady called Manning and apologized. Manning, being the gentleman that he is, accepted that apology.

79. jjfootball says: Jan 20, 2016 2:45 PM

HGH VS THE DEFLATOR

80. tdubdizzle says: Jan 20, 2016 3:39 PM

The Patriots have a lot more humility than their fans. Ironically.

81. goodguyattorney says: Jan 20, 2016 3:55 PM

sueb45 says:
    Jan 20, 2016 2:33 PM
    goodguyattorney says:
    Jan 20, 2016 1:14 PM

I mean, isn’t 15 years of this in my face enough?
    —————-
    This is a true fan. As a Pats fan, I can tell you, we all know how lucky we’ve been and that our time with Brady and Belichick can’t last forever. PatriotsNation savors every minute of every game.
    ———–
    Although watching them lose to the Giants – twice – was pretty fun.

This Panthers fan is enjoying this year and I’m really hoping for a rematch as nothing would be sweeter than beating the Patriots for a Super Bowl win.

82. harveyredman says: Jan 20, 2016 4:06 PM

nepatriot1 says:
    Jan 20, 2016 12:31 PM

_______________________________

I have to agree with you. The Patriots have looked unstoppable when healthy – and they are healthy now.

Broncos haven’t hit their stride with Peyton under center yet. And I don’t see it happening against the Pats.

It will take an NFC team to slow the Pats down.

83. mrmcdougle says: Jan 20, 2016 4:13 PM

seriously423 says:
    Jan 20, 2016 11:56 AM
    Patriots=class
    —————

Said no fan outside of Boston

84. mrmcdougle says: Jan 20, 2016 4:23 PM

orrnumberfour says:
    Jan 20, 2016 2:04 PM
    Broncos: “Brady’s a crybaby”.
    Pats: “I would never underestimate Peyton”.

Pats>Broncos

…………….

You nailed it buddy. Perfect summary. Short. Accurate. Truth.

……

If you’re conflating coach speak with a defensive lineman, then maybe. I haven’t heard Kubiak call Brady a crybaby, so it’s a bit of a stretch.

85. goattoday says: Jan 20, 2016 5:00 PM

This thread is hilarious. It begins with BB saying he never underestimates Peyton Manning. The responses go on to mention HGH, Brady’s wife, 2-6 here, 0-5 there and more meaningless crap.

All because Bill won’t underestimate Peyton?

Hurry up Sunday so half these clowns will go home and stop posting!

86. plum54 says: Jan 20, 2016 5:01 PM

A previous poster said it, but I want to post it again because it’s so telling.Tom Brady has thrown MORE touchdowns this season , 3, than HGH manning has ONE. ONE touch down!!!
    As someone once said you are what your record is. ONE touchdown!!!!

87. thecape15 says: Jan 20, 2016 5:19 PM

A great BB doesn’t under estimate anyone.

88. murf17 says: Jan 20, 2016 6:26 PM

I am amazed that there is not one comment from a Pats fan talking about how Manning had nothing but positive things to say about Brady and BB during his press conference. Just point out all the other things that were said by players who don’t get it. I know it is hard to acknowledge that Peyton may do some good things and he has never bashed the Pats, but come on guy slets be a little subjective.

89. gysot says: Jan 20, 2016 6:57 PM

rollotomasi14 says:

—————————

““““““““`
    Sorry the forecast is for mid to upper 40s on Sunday. 1-4 local time the forecasted temp is 46.

90. natcatmoore says: Jan 20, 2016 11:02 PM

Sometimes you don’t need stats to know. You just know what a person’s made of and what they have working for them. I know that Denver will prevail and shock everyone. Go Peyton – give it all you’ve got one last time!