Dolphins announce three additions to Adam Gase’s staff

DAVIE, FL - JANUARY 09:  The Miami Dolphins announce Adam Gase as their new head coach at Sunlife Stadium on January 9, 2016 in Davie, Florida.  (Photo by Mike Ehrmann/Getty Images) Getty Images

The Dolphins formally introduced three new members of head coach Adam Gase’s first staff in Miami.

A couple of the hires had been previously reported, so the Dolphins’ announcement served as confirmation that Clyde Christensen will be the offensive coordinator and that Jeremiah Washburn will be an assistant offensive line coach. The third hire announced is Bo Hardegree as the quarterbacks coach.

Christensen comes to Miami after 14 years as a position coach and offensive coordinator with the Colts. Gase is going to call the offensive plays, so Christensen will be focused on other responsibilities. Those are likely to include work with Ryan Tannehill.

Not only did Christensen spend those 14 years working with Peyton Manning and Andrew Luck, but Hardegree will be a first-time quarterbacks coach. He was an offensive assistant under Gase in Chicago last year and was a quality control coach for the Broncos in 2014.

Washburn was fired as the Lions’ offensive line coach during the 2015 season, ending a stretch on Detroit’s staff dating back to 2009. His father Jim, a longtime defensive line coach, is also reportedly headed to Miami for a job on the defensive staff.

Permalink 7 Comments Feed for comments Latest Stories in: Home, Miami Dolphins, Rumor Mill
7 Responses to “Dolphins announce three additions to Adam Gase’s staff”
  1. joemontanawasthegreatest says: Jan 21, 2016 7:44 AM

I think some of these NFL vets will balance out a young staff.

The Dolphins always win the off season though, so you never know.

2. PATRIOTSDYNASTYLIVES says: Jan 21, 2016 7:48 AM

This is gonna be good to watch……

3. contender21open says: Jan 21, 2016 7:50 AM

I see “many Super Bowls” in the future.
    Tannehill’s headed to the Hall of Fame.

-Disappointed Phin Phan

4. edaniel82 says: Jan 21, 2016 9:05 AM

As a Broncos fan I feel the Dolphins have made some really good hires this off season. Joseph will get that D playing good football again and Tannehill should greatly improve under Gase

5. securb2013 says: Jan 21, 2016 10:16 AM

We always win the off-season I wish we could win a playoff game.

6. savantrep says: Jan 21, 2016 11:42 AM

Long time Dolphin fan here. I’ve gotten to the point that I don’t believe anything until I see the results. Last off-season was filled with so much hype, the Phins had everyone thinking they were going to be the kings of the AFC East. So until I actually see it on the field, this will sadly be the same old story with the same old Dolphins.

7. bsizemore68 says: Jan 21, 2016 10:41 PM

To many injures and not enough back up players who could not get the job done. I will wait and see how the omelet turn out before I bitch and whine. Bill