Skip to content

Incognito headed to Pro Bowl as injury replacement

Richie Incognito AP

Richie Incognito was out of the NFL in 2014 in the wake of a bullying incident.

He was back in 2015 with the Bills, and now he’s going to the Pro Bowl.

Incognito, 32, previously made the Pro Bowl with the Dolphins in 2012. He said in December he was playing the best football of his career with the Bills, for whom he started all 16 games at left guard.

The Bills ran the ball well in 2015, and Incognito joins Bills center Eric Wood in the Pro Bowl. Wood and Bills quarterback Tyrod Taylor were announced as Pro Bowl injury replacements earlier Monday.

Incognito replaces Cardinals guard Mike Iupati.

Permalink 24 Comments Feed for comments Latest Stories in: Buffalo Bills, Home, Miami Dolphins, Rumor Mill
24 Responses to “Incognito headed to Pro Bowl as injury replacement”
  1. buffalowned says: Jan 25, 2016 7:17 PM

    Kinda surprised it took this long. He could’ve gotten in as a starter he was outstanding this year.

  2. packmangamble says: Jan 25, 2016 7:23 PM

    He bullied his way in!

  3. manderson4150 says: Jan 25, 2016 7:27 PM

    Incognito has really improved himself and his game…..hard to believe all that nonsense was given so much attention and press.

  4. krismn22 says: Jan 25, 2016 7:31 PM

    Okay so how many players who were actually voted into the pro bowl are going?

  5. eglsfan says: Jan 25, 2016 7:39 PM

    Who cares

  6. themboys5150 says: Jan 25, 2016 7:41 PM

    Ritchie is a ProBowl lineman, Most every year, Very sad as a Dolphins fan That He is gone.. And the mouth who said he bullied his way in, We are clearly aware You were bullied as a Kid, Maybe You will Teach Your Kid How to stand up for himself!!! Otherwise.. You will have a David Martin Kid!!!

  7. greeneblitz says: Jan 25, 2016 7:42 PM

    He played well enough that he should have been a starter in the Pro Bowl this year, he was consistently good all year long in both pass and run protection.

  8. pfatalbert says: Jan 25, 2016 7:54 PM

    is Martin even still in the league?

  9. jetrainer says: Jan 25, 2016 8:00 PM

    Richie was another victim of Ted Wells and his hitman fact finding manifesto’s. Jonathan Martin knew he wasn’t an NFL caliber player and cried wolf before he got demoted and ultimately quit.

    Way to go Richie, and as a Dolphins fan I miss you.

    P.S. Pathetic behavior on the part of Philbin and all of the front office. They should have supported a loyal player.

  10. senatorblutarsky says: Jan 25, 2016 8:07 PM

    He should be headed to prison.

  11. tformation says: Jan 25, 2016 8:13 PM

    Martin is indeed out of the league.

    Looks like Richie has worked out a lot of his problems. Less beaten up luxury cars this year. Keep it up, Richie.

  12. yyc2phx says: Jan 25, 2016 8:44 PM

    Buddy of mine with the Bills said he was an upstanding guy this year and nothing like his reputation…

  13. toddsuperbowles says: Jan 25, 2016 9:13 PM

    He deserves it, had a great season. I still think he got a raw deal due to that bullying nonsense.

  14. chriskap11 says: Jan 25, 2016 9:14 PM

    Jan 25, 2016, 8:07 PM EST

    He should be headed to prison


    By your username it is apparent just as many of our foolish politicians you believe everything that someone tells without being able to think for yourself.

    Richie was commended by rookie Miller and his other line mates for his help and leadership.

    Bullies or abusive type of personalities find it very difficult to alter their behavior because it is their basic characteristics.

    Therefore if Richie was as bad a person as we were told or led to believe he would have slipped up and had his true color show.

    That didn’t happen so as an educated person I believe the story was blown out of proportion

  15. paulieorkid says: Jan 25, 2016 9:16 PM

    Every other player who gets an invite to the Pro Bowl by reason of injury get the headline, “First Name Last Name Earns Pro Bowl Berth.”

    But Incognito gets in, and it’s “Incognito Headed to Pro Bowl as Injury Replacement” — as if he’s undeserving scum who lamed his way in.

  16. chriskap11 says: Jan 25, 2016 9:33 PM

    Jan 25, 2016, 9:16 PM EST
    Every other player who gets an invite to the Pro Bowl by reason of injury get the headline, “First Name Last Name Earns Pro Bowl Berth.”

    But Incognito gets in, and it’s “Incognito Headed to Pro Bowl as Injury Replacement” — as if he’s undeserving scum who lamed his way in.


    Pretty sure he ran over your linebacker, kicked out your defensive end or buried your sorry safety leading the NUMBER 1 running game of NFL. But stick to your lame theory it might hold water in your world.

  17. chriskap11 says: Jan 25, 2016 9:47 PM

    I bet any money Brady would had loved to have Richie protecting him yesterday with that line he had in front of him

  18. paulieorkid says: Jan 25, 2016 9:57 PM

    Settle down Chris — it doesn’t look like you understand what I was trying to say with my “lame theory.”

  19. chriskap11 says: Jan 25, 2016 10:42 PM


    You’re right I missed it, sorry just get pissed reading foolish comments especially regarding players many know nothing about.

  20. cuda1234 says: Jan 25, 2016 10:45 PM

    Incognito was bullied out of the league for a year by the PC media while everyone on the Dolphins seemed to have his back. Can we expect an apology anytime soon?

  21. Deb says: Jan 25, 2016 11:01 PM

    Never see a headline about Richie Incognito that I don’t think we’re about to discuss one of Goodell’s undercover sting operations.

  22. drgfri says: Jan 25, 2016 11:13 PM

    He sure is an all-pro meathead. Did you read the report from Miami?

  23. myopinionisrighterthanyours says: Jan 26, 2016 9:09 AM

    So, will he be going incognito?

  24. fanofpft says: Jan 26, 2016 6:56 PM

    Keep him away from the event female staffers.

Leave a Reply

You must be logged in to leave a comment. Not a member? Register now!