Plenty of offense early in Pro Bowl

Pro Bowl Football AP

The Pro Bowl started with a touchdown. Then came another.

So, it’s about what you figured it would be. All offense with one defensive play setting up another score

It’s Team Irvin vs. Team Rice — as in Michael Irvin’s picks vs. Jerry Rice’s picks — and the offenses are off to a hot start. Team Rice went up 7-0 on an Eli Manning to Travis Kelce touchdown pass, and Team Irvin came right back with a Russell Wilson touchdown pass to Julio Jones.

Team Irvin went for two and didn’t get it, but Sean Lee then intercepted a Manning pass. Wilson and Team Rice turned that into a touchdown pass from Wilson to Devonta Freeman.

Team Irvin went for two again, and Wilson found Jones wide open for a 14-7 lead late in the first quarter.

More touchdowns are coming. Hopefully everyone stays healthy as the defenses mostly watch.

Permalink 13 Comments Feed for comments Latest Stories in: Home, Rumor Mill
13 Responses to “Plenty of offense early in Pro Bowl”
  1. chawk12thman says: Jan 31, 2016 7:45 PM

Wonder which Pro Bowl team has the most money in 2016 contract amounts on their team?

2. Wisconsin's Favorite Son Jeffrey Be Dahmed says: Jan 31, 2016 7:50 PM

I’m just glad to see my Packers have left the area to be as far away from Green Bay and Manitowoc as possible.

3. patsfan says: Jan 31, 2016 8:01 PM

At least the defenses are watching. That guarantees the some audience.

4. conormacleod says: Jan 31, 2016 8:04 PM

Lighten up. It’s just a fun game. Don’t like it? Don’t watch it.

5. mitybuc says: Jan 31, 2016 8:13 PM

Need to give it meaning again and bring back to NFC vs AFC.

And to the players voted in, not injured, not in the SuperBowl, and not present…you’re jaded. Game is better off without you.

All that said, I’m still watching.

Just impossible to root for either team. Irvin vs Rice?? moronic

6. jimthebuilder27 says: Jan 31, 2016 8:14 PM

Glad I’m not watching. Disgrace of a football game

7. mbmixer says: Jan 31, 2016 8:24 PM

Globetrotter game is more entertaining, more people in the stands too.

8. kelsey59 says: Jan 31, 2016 8:52 PM

I am watching American Ninja Warrior. It is more entertaining.

9. lindacaseauthor says: Jan 31, 2016 8:58 PM

I think this pro bowl is fun to watch. Not often we see such great offenses, it’s usually great defenses winning the game nowadays. Love It!

10. dtroxallday says: Jan 31, 2016 9:01 PM

Hey conormcloud, who are you talking to? As of your post, absolutely no one is complaining.

11. bornahawker says: Jan 31, 2016 9:23 PM

Wilson, picked 75th overall. Wow! I think Montana was 75th too! I like the future.
    Go Hawks!

12. marcuswelby1 says: Feb 1, 2016 6:04 AM

By the time the second half rolled around, there was next to no tackling. Its as if everyone went in at halftime, and said ok now we’ll play tag football.

13. vikingforlife says: Feb 1, 2016 9:02 AM

I seriously think they have to go back to NFC/AFC format, otherwise, I’m still watching. It’s football, everyone! We still get more football! I don’t care what anyone says, I love football and I will still watch!
    ( I like Rice, but I really can’t stomach Irvin on the sidelines, really I can’t!).