Titans owner says she’ll do “everything in my power” to fix team

Titans co-owner Amy Adams Strunk and Nissan North America chairman Jose Munoz are congratulated by guests after an announcement that LP Field will now be called Nissan Stadium, Thursday June 25, 2015, in Nashville, Tenn. The naming rights are subject to approval by the NFL and Metro Government Authority. (George Walker IV/The Tennessean via AP) NO SALES AP

The Titans have made plenty of changes lately, and owner Amy Adams Strunk reached out to her season-ticket holders to say she’d do everything in her power to fix things.

And since it’s been a bit since they’ve been any good at football, she’s also good enough to not raise ticket prices this offseason.

“I realize we have not met your expectations, and our recent on-field performance is unacceptable,” Strunk wrote, via the Associated Press. “My goal is simple: to return the Titans to the consistent playoff contender we were during our first several years in Nashville.”

Since she took over last March, she’s hired a new team president (Steve Underwood), General Manager (Jon Robinson) and coach (Mike Mularkey). That kind of turnover is reasonable, since they’re 5-27 the last two years, and earned the top pick in this year’s draft the old-fashioned way — by stinking.

They’ve had just one winning season in the last seven, and haven’t won a playoff game since after the 2002 season.

“I will do everything in my power to get this team back among the upper echelon of the league,” Strunk wrote. “I thank you for your continued support of the Titans, and we are hard at work to give you the team that you deserve.”

That means they have to beat the bushes to sell more tickets, and the letter included a number of perks, including a lunch or dinner with Strunk, Underwood, Robinson, and Mularkey, along with vouchers for concessions.

Permalink 20 Comments Feed for comments Latest Stories in: Home, Rumor Mill, Tennessee Titans
20 Responses to “Titans owner says she’ll do “everything in my power” to fix team”
  1. roddoliver says: Feb 3, 2016 6:37 PM

First step: sell the team to someone who cares about football.

2. key2heat says: Feb 3, 2016 6:38 PM

The Titans have been ripping off fans for years. Time for a change NOW

3. whereyaat says: Feb 3, 2016 6:46 PM

Drafting Mariota and firing Whisenhunt was a great start. She obviously cares more about football than her predecessors, who hired Whisenhunt and had jetsam and flotsam for QBs.

This team has some assets at WR, RB, and on the O-line that it can improve on if done correctly. Their defense also has a few good players, but needs massive improvement to be competitive.

4. titansfan53 says: Feb 3, 2016 6:52 PM

“Everything in my power…” like only hiring a GM that will hire Mike Mularky as the head coach? Now I feel great!

Please just sell.

5. riseuprob says: Feb 3, 2016 6:56 PM

What’s Mularky’s record as a hc? Obviously the guy to turn a franchise around.

Is it telling that they didn’t pick up Chip who has a relationship with their ab?

6. riseuprob says: Feb 3, 2016 6:56 PM

What’s Mularky’s record as a hc? Obviously the guy to turn a franchise around.

Is it telling that they didn’t pick up Chip who has a relationship with their qb?

7. ReligionIsForIdiots says: Feb 3, 2016 7:12 PM

Sometimes you forget that they actually have a team in Tennessee.

8. savethebs says: Feb 3, 2016 7:27 PM

2 winning seasons

2008 13-3
    2010 9-7

Nit picky? Sure but we need all we can get.

9. tformation says: Feb 3, 2016 8:01 PM

Well, you’ve got a young QB who doesn’t suck and isn’t out partying in Vegas & getting arrested. That’s a pretty good start toward getting your team better.

Hey, I wish the Bears had Mariota, honestly. Trade you. Straight up, Cutler for Mariota. Sound good?

10. fumblenuts says: Feb 3, 2016 8:17 PM

Stink….Stank…..Strunk!

11. controlaltdeletedeletedelete says: Feb 3, 2016 8:44 PM

Toronto Titans has a nice ring to it

12. titans109 says: Feb 3, 2016 9:54 PM

Hire a coach that has an ability to coach and put together a decent staff & I will consider buying another set of psl’s. Until then, I’ll just keep my money.

13. rcali says: Feb 3, 2016 10:36 PM

Hey Titans fans, see, no need to worry! Amy has it all figured out!

14. going4iton4th says: Feb 4, 2016 12:17 AM

Ownership is a mess, and the fact that they hired a guy that’s failed two places and wasn’t so good as an interim because of “continuity” is garbage.

15. titaniksigh says: Feb 4, 2016 12:42 AM

Blah blah blah. Blah blah, bla’ blah bla’ blah. Blah blah. Blah. Blah. (Long, slow fart noise) aaaand blah.

I watched football this season as a fan of football, not as a Titans season ticket holder….for the first time in 7 years. It’s amazing how much I enjoyed the game when I didn’t feel like someone was wasting my money.

16. mutantman87 says: Feb 4, 2016 1:12 AM

“Consistent playoff contender” might also describe the Bengals, who have made 5 consecutive playoff appearances and 6 in the past 7 seasons, but also lost their opener every time. But then again, Mularkey has never even been to the playoffs as a head coach, so baby steps.

17. PokeSalad says: Feb 4, 2016 10:29 AM

Whelp, so much for that. She’s the Tomsula of NFL owners.

18. concmike says: Feb 4, 2016 11:17 AM

Aside for a quarterback the team needs pretty much everything else to improve.

The first pick in the 2016 draft because you sucked for another year is a start….until you f#@k that up….

Firing Whistlehump was the best move during the 2015 season…..keeping Mike Mularkey is just kicking the can down the road another year….4-12 isn’t going to be pretty later this year.

No playoff wins in almost…..14 years??? Really? How many times can you say rebuilding year with a straight face???

Sell the team to someone who knows football and didn’t pop out of someone who married into it….

19. cybersqueak says: Feb 4, 2016 1:40 PM

I”m a season ticket holder and this is the first I’ve heard about this.

20. birdmantd says: Feb 8, 2016 12:21 PM

Meanwhile my sources tell me she is secretly trying to put together a bad team in the hopes that it will drive down attendance thus letting her get out of the stadium lease early so she can move to a tropical destination. However a group of rag tag and castoff players is determined to overcome the odds and have a winning season.