Cam Newton sports “I win my way” T-shirt

Zz1iOTNkODljZGNiNDAzZDhlZjU0ODI3NjdjMWMxM2EwYQ== AP

In an Instagram message thanking the fans for a memorable 2015 season, Panthers quarterback Cam Newton wears a T-shirt that declares, “I win my way.”

The text accompanying the photo reiterates Cam’s “my way” mantra: “I am not perfect and I will make mistakes but I will continue to work on improving each day trying to perfect all my imperfection. Pursuing greatness is my commitment, and I will continue to be true to myself, to my family and to making all of you who follow me proud. I will win my way and hope to inspire you all to win your way.”

Perhaps an even more telling message appears over Newton’s right shoulder in the photo, in a framed crop of the iconic shot of Muhammad Ali standing over a fallen Sonny Liston.

“Only a man who knows what it is like to be defeated can reach down to the bottom of his soul and come up with the extra ounce of power it takes to win when the match is even,” the quote from Ali declares.

That’s where Newton needs to focus in the next stage of his development. When things aren’t coming easily for Cam and the Panthers, he needs to fight past the feeling that it’s not his day and find a way to overcome the adversity, even if he’s tempted to think there’s no hope. As to his decision not to dive on that loose ball late in the Super Bowl, it’s possible that Newton decided, consciously or not, that there was no way the Panthers were going to score a touchdown against the Denver defense.

The next time Newton is in that situation, he needs to come up with an “extra ounce of power,” providing the throw or the run that will turn what seemed destined to be a defeat into a win.

I don’t care that he was sulking after the game; I’d rather see a player be miserable than happy following a tough loss. And I don’t blame him for walking out of the press conference after hearing Chris Harris Jr. crowing about what Denver’s defense did to Newton and the passing game. But to the extent that Newton’s emotions are distracting him during a game, Newton needs to “reach down to the bottom of his soul,” ignore the feeling that he’s destined to lose, and find a way turn it around.

Permalink 148 Comments Feed for comments Latest Stories in: Carolina Panthers, Home, Rumor Mill
148 Responses to “Cam Newton sports “I win my way” T-shirt”
  1. Patskrieg says: Feb 12, 2016 10:56 AM

He could start by reaching down to pick up a fumble. It’s probably an easier reach than the bottom of his soul.

2. jimjets says: Feb 12, 2016 10:56 AM

Gracious in victory and defeat. He still needs to grow up and man up. It’s not a “racial thing” to call this guy out. He’s a sore loser, and that’s childish.

End of story.

3. hahalolrofl says: Feb 12, 2016 10:56 AM

this isnt about happy v. sad

it is about professionalism and the winning mentality

he doesnt have either.

4. sixchr says: Feb 12, 2016 10:57 AM

Does. Not. Get it.

5. Kelly's Chronicles says: Feb 12, 2016 10:58 AM

This one just can’t help himself. The arrogance is the one constant in it all, win or lose. And it is why everyone outside of the Carolina fan base will always hate him.

6. chrispy0515 says: Feb 12, 2016 10:58 AM

He should wear a shirt that says “It’s all about ME”!

7. wkheathjr says: Feb 12, 2016 10:59 AM

Well said!

8. lingsun54 says: Feb 12, 2016 11:01 AM

In other words, he loses his own way. Rather than cover up his own fumble.

9. mogogo1 says: Feb 12, 2016 11:02 AM

Crazy to think how many millions he has cost himself in the past week. The sky was the limit had they won but even this loss handled with an ounce of class wouldn’t have really hurt him; he’d still have been the reigning MVP with a great smile and all that charisma.

But now he’s already admitted to quitting during the Super Bowl for fear of being hurt and who knows what he might say next. Maybe they still make those “No Excuses” jeans but beyond that would you want him advertising your product?

10. gbbvan says: Feb 12, 2016 11:02 AM

Loser puss

11. playinpossum says: Feb 12, 2016 11:02 AM

‘I win my way’ as long as I’m not playing against Von Miller

12. gints1017 says: Feb 12, 2016 11:04 AM

Should have just worn a shirt that says Loser

13. baldbuc says: Feb 12, 2016 11:04 AM

“I lose my way” would be a more appropriate shirt.

14. cpozsgai says: Feb 12, 2016 11:04 AM

And tomorrow he will be sporting the infamous “Don’t you know who I am? The guy who lost the super bowl because he was afraid to dive for a fumble.”

15. razzzmajazzz says: Feb 12, 2016 11:04 AM

It seems you lose your way too, Cam.

16. draculalambert says: Feb 12, 2016 11:04 AM

Not as good as the “you like that” shirts.

YOU LIKE THAT?????????

17. sueb45 says: Feb 12, 2016 11:05 AM

Ah, but, the back of the shirt said “I lose like a petulant child”.

18. newjerseygiants says: Feb 12, 2016 11:06 AM

Man-child sore loser. Mommy should have been there to hug him and tell him he’s the greatest ever.

19. tdubdizzle says: Feb 12, 2016 11:06 AM

What a diva.

20. sb44champs says: Feb 12, 2016 11:06 AM

“I win my way” T-shirt
    =====================
    I, I, I…Me, Me, Me…. My, My, My……..

21. kyblue33 says: Feb 12, 2016 11:07 AM

CHILD?

22. dangitgary says: Feb 12, 2016 11:08 AM

He should create a t shirt that has a big “I” in the middle of it.

23. tdubdizzle says: Feb 12, 2016 11:09 AM

You will lose your way too.

24. animalkindness says: Feb 12, 2016 11:09 AM

But ya didn’t

25. tdubdizzle says: Feb 12, 2016 11:10 AM

So there you have it….

Cam would rather lose his way than win the teams way.

I’m so tired of this fool. He should have had AP as his father.

26. cpozsgai says: Feb 12, 2016 11:10 AM

Turning into the laughing stock of the NFL.

27. tdubdizzle says: Feb 12, 2016 11:11 AM

Dangitary-

“He should create a t shirt that has a big “I” in the middle of it.

This guy is so self involved he named his son Chosen, anybody want to try and defend that.”

LOLLLLLLLL!!!! There’s no sticking up for that. The guy really thinks he’s God.

28. goawayeverybody says: Feb 12, 2016 11:11 AM

There’s no “Cam” in “Team.” :)

29. seabrawk12 says: Feb 12, 2016 11:12 AM

You show me an instagram pic of Cam, and I’ll show you a loser.

30. Silver and Black attack says: Feb 12, 2016 11:14 AM

$50 bucks says this clown has the all time worst follow up season after winning the MVP…any takers?

31. vikesr4reel says: Feb 12, 2016 11:14 AM

Nobody loves Cam more than Cam!!
    What a full blown clown!!

32. charger383 says: Feb 12, 2016 11:15 AM

Sellers will be paying him big bucks for ads/sac

33. rutchaser says: Feb 12, 2016 11:16 AM

You lose your way too. I get so tired of a lot these guys. They remind me of Kanye West who I cant stand.

34. It Takes 3 Mannings To Equal One Brady says: Feb 12, 2016 11:16 AM

Why do people keep justifying his post game walk out because “he could hear the Denver players crowing”??? Every effing year the losing team of the Super Bowl can hear the winning team crowing. EVERY year. This wasn’t a unique scene. This wasn’t unusual. This is how it is. And only one player walked out like a baby who couldn’t handle the moment. Which is guess is fitting because on the field he clearly wasn’t able to handle the moment. From the first play of the game, you could tell he was uncomfortable. He over threw receivers by 10 feet. He was either choking, or way too amped up. If he was too amped up, he would have settled as the game progressed, but he didn’t. He just kept missing open receivers. And part of that was Denver, but if Cam hits on some of those badly misfired passes, it might have been a different outcome. The Broncos did their job, but it seemed the Panthers beat themselves on a lot of the plays. Newton should have had 400 yards passing

35. sbchampsagain says: Feb 12, 2016 11:16 AM

He must need that extra ounce of energy to pick up the fumble at his feet, instead of recoiling in fear.

36. tajuara says: Feb 12, 2016 11:17 AM

——————————————————–

Who would be happy after a tough loss? That statement is an oxymoron.

37. rjpats says: Feb 12, 2016 11:20 AM

Should have gone with a Most Interesting Man in the World shirt

“I don’t always lose, but when I do, I do it like a petulant baby”

38. bigbenh8tr says: Feb 12, 2016 11:22 AM

Nothing but a petulant child. It will be a shame if he ever gets his chance at the SB again. Embarrassment to himself, not a good role model , and not a real man

39. RegisHawk says: Feb 12, 2016 11:22 AM

Newton’s greatest power is the ability to get everyone else to make excuses for him…

40. bradygirl12 says: Feb 12, 2016 11:25 AM

A winner never even entertains the thought that it’s just not his day. A winner has “amnesia” and is able to move on to the next play ,completely forgetting the one before it. He doesn’t quit until the clock reads 0:00. Can Cam Newton grasp that mindset? From reading the T-shirt,evidently not. He just doesn’t get it,probably never will.

41. bigbenh8tr says: Feb 12, 2016 11:27 AM

dangitgary says:
    Feb 12, 2016 11:08 AM
    He should create a t shirt that has a big “I” in the middle of it.

__________________________________
    He already wears jersey number 1. That screams I and Me. Our highschool team wasn’t allowed to wear single digits because it is a team sport.

42. kingpel says: Feb 12, 2016 11:29 AM

This guy went from potentially becoming the face of the league to a year and a 1/2 away from his teammates and Panther fans turning on him. What a shame.

43. vikesr4reel says: Feb 12, 2016 11:30 AM

He is so typical of the modern NFL
    Me first and $$$$$
    Doesn’t love the game for the game, loves the game for all the $$$ he can scam!! (AKA Cam)

44. fumblenuts says: Feb 12, 2016 11:31 AM

“I win my way.”

Your way didn’t work….go back and re-watch the Super Bowl.

45. lx2016 says: Feb 12, 2016 11:31 AM

This is beyond hilarious. “I win my way”. After that performance, he’s right. Its why he played to lose. Can’t even dive like a so called Superman would for that fumble…… Grow up kiddo, this statement you wrote looks like a immature kids writing a “I’m sorry daddy “letter. Grow up, lose the shirt, lose the attitude, lose the kid type of writing (words with numbers, incomplete spelled words, ect). This just confirmed how immature he’s getting. Regressing as a player.

46. wallabear says: Feb 12, 2016 11:32 AM

C’mon Cam. SB 50 should now be posted away in your mind’s eye,in reference to Childhood’s End. I want to see you soar like Drew Brees, win a Super Bowl, and become a pillar of humbleness, like Brees. Yes, we loved the Child’s Play of The Dab etc., but now it’s time to shed that skin and be a real man. Even in defeat, stand your ground, chin-up, and Face The Music — even if it unwantingly bears a sad, old tune.

Like the Nike mantra says: JUST DO IT.

47. kwf484 says: Feb 12, 2016 11:32 AM

I loses his way too…Sore loser=loser!!!

48. iseek11 says: Feb 12, 2016 11:33 AM

And everyone will mock and ridicule you their way. Thanks for the ammo. Most people find it’s actually easier to be classy and respectful rather than defiant and self absorbed. Makes life easier for your momma too.

49. lx2016 says: Feb 12, 2016 11:34 AM

——————–
    I meant he’s regressing as a grown up, not a player.

50. kickinpuppies says: Feb 12, 2016 11:36 AM

That bandwagon emptied quick. Wow!

51. dbfan4ever says: Feb 12, 2016 11:40 AM

After the Super Bowl Cam Newton has a new line of shirts. This time it says:

“I lose my way”

52. rootpain says: Feb 12, 2016 11:41 AM

Millennial Affluenza & Arrogance Syndrome. Spreading quickly I’m afraid.
    I heard Muhammad Ali sent him a message asking him to step away from the picture as Ali doesn’t suffer fools and losers well.

53. peytonwantsaflag says: Feb 12, 2016 11:41 AM

“I win my way.”
    ———————-

and you lose like a little girl (which I guess is your way too)

54. itsthecameenewtonshowcom says: Feb 12, 2016 11:44 AM

WoW!! What an idiot! Who is advising this guy, his Daddy? Keep digging Cammy. You are hysterically amusing!

55. itsthecameenewtonshowcom says: Feb 12, 2016 11:46 AM

Lois Lane would have jumped on the ball!

56. jrterrier5 says: Feb 12, 2016 11:47 AM

Think it’s time for Cam to stop digging that hole.

57. osiris33 (bandwagon since 1976) says: Feb 12, 2016 11:47 AM

Can’t wait until next year when they don’t catch all the breaks they had this year and go back to being the 9-7 team they really are. Cam will implode.

58. jrterrier5 says: Feb 12, 2016 11:49 AM

Has anyone had the heart to tell him that he did not win? He and his team lost.

59. jrterrier5 says: Feb 12, 2016 11:50 AM

Has anyone had the heart to tell him that he did not win? He and his team lost.

60. levanderwilliams says: Feb 12, 2016 11:52 AM

This clown will never learn…

61. somethinghappeninghere says: Feb 12, 2016 11:54 AM

I could never figure out just why I did not like Cam Newton coming out of college…now I know why! He wins “his way” by almost going undefeated in 2015 regular season,, and he wins his way by losing the Super Bowl…which he nearly single handedly lost! Too damned many diva QBs in this league now…Newton, Manziel, Roethlisberger, Mallet, Cutler…way too many!

62. sloppymoe says: Feb 12, 2016 11:56 AM

Only if he could lose like a professional.

63. rootpain says: Feb 12, 2016 11:56 AM

I think we are giving Cam way too much credit for being original. I saw that Brady was the first to wear gold vanity warm up cleats. One pair had in bold lettering “4th on depth chart and don’t you forget it”.
    Another had the names of every person who attended his games, both home and away, written on the cleats (I’m on both the left and the right cleat; what are the chances of that?).
    A third pair has every rule of the rule book written on the cleats.

So you see, Cam is not that original…..and still has a lot to learn.

Patriots win SB51. Back in their rightful place.

64. vdogg says: Feb 12, 2016 11:59 AM

There may not be an “I” in TEAM but in his case he clearly sees the “ME”. Self centered self absorbed will only last for so long in the locker room. All the talent in the world but no brains. Sad…grow up dude.

65. southpaw79 says: Feb 12, 2016 12:00 PM

Kaepernick played a hell of a lot better in his Superbowl loss and continued to do things his way. 2 years later he may not even be a part of the team anymore. The thing is Cam, that it is not about your way, it is your TEAMS way. If you want to be YOU, be you somewhere else. It is time to be the leader of your team and not the leader of the Cam Newton cheerleading squad. Just ask Colin Kaepernick’s #1 fan, Colin Kaepernick.

66. asseenonokra says: Feb 12, 2016 12:01 PM

itsthecameenewtonshowcom says:
    Feb 12, 2016 11:46 AM

Lois Lane would have jumped on the ball!

__________________________

Dude, even Matt Ryan would have jumped on the ball. Maybe…

67. rootpain says: Feb 12, 2016 12:02 PM

I think we are giving Cam way to much credit for being original. I heard that Tom Brady was the first to wear vanity warm up cleats. One pair had in bold lettering “4th on depth chart and don’t you forget it”.
    Another had the names of every person who attended one of his games, both home and away, written on the cleats (I’m on both the left and the right cleat; what are the chances of that?).
    A third pair has every rule of the rule book written on the cleats.

So you see, Cam is not that original.

SB51 goes back to the Patriots now that parity has been reestablished. Go Brady.

68. jmethane says: Feb 12, 2016 12:02 PM

Where are the Carolina fans? You like this? Did you buy one of these shirts?

Why not?

His arrogance is beyond anything I have ever seen before. Even in defeat. It is comical at this point and karma is about to smash his fingers in the door of that lambo.

69. Rdog says: Feb 12, 2016 12:02 PM

It’s just a shirt. I can wear a Nike t-shirt with some basketball picture or phrase on it, but I’m not declaring to the world that I have what it takes to go to the NBA. Cam Newton can wear a t-shirt with a message on it, but doesn’t have to be held 100% accountable to that message in all areas of life. (he maybe should have kept it in the closet for a little longer, though)

70. nhpats says: Feb 12, 2016 12:03 PM

Running away from that fumble will be THE defining moment in Cam’s career. He peaked and is on the downslide. Expect him to go the way of RGIII…..

71. melikefootball says: Feb 12, 2016 12:06 PM

Cam needs to get some advisors before he speaks. Any one that wears gold MVP shoes on the field when it was obvious for him to have these made for the SB when the title was named the night before shows what type, win for myself, team player he is and deserves the ridicule he has received.

72. wrlegrand says: Feb 12, 2016 12:08 PM

Cam doesn’t have the winning mentality? Really? He has won everywhere and big. The only step left is the NFL. Getting so close and not winning caused him to melt down. Who the hell cares, honestly? I would flip out losing in intramurals in college…at least he cares and is not just collecting a check like a percentage in the league. Damn this story is overblown and crazy.

73. mongo3401 says: Feb 12, 2016 12:11 PM

Cam is truly superman. Not a Panther fan but you have to admit he is among the current best. He made a bad showing at a press conference. Big deal. About 29 other NFL teams would love to have him. They may not admit it but they would. I can’t knock him for believing in himself the way he does. I fully expect in 2016 Cam will be as amazing as he was in 2015. At least the guy speaks his mind instead of doing the normal window dressing routine.

74. unitas19 says: Feb 12, 2016 12:11 PM

Sad thing is I think he does get it. It’s harder for him to take an honest look in the mirror, easier to live in a state of denial and arrogance.

75. vancouversportsbro says: Feb 12, 2016 12:11 PM

I must of forgot, when did he win?

It’s so easy to hate on guys like him and Lebron James. Just two guys who think the world revolves around them.

76. vancouversportsbro says: Feb 12, 2016 12:14 PM

———————–

Must not watch basketball. Lebron James is hands down so much worse. He even took over his own team and makes personnel moves.

77. jbfazz1213 says: Feb 12, 2016 12:16 PM

No Cam You LOST Your Way !!! By Doing The Reverse Dab Going After That Fumble. But U Will Dab Hardest When Your Winning Multiple SuperBowls a Man With Your Talents Should. SuperBowls>ProBowls Career 3 MVPs 2 SuperBowl Titles

78. firedog784 says: Feb 12, 2016 12:16 PM

He sounds like Frank Sinatra (I did it my way).

He has no idea of how much tougher it’s going to be on him when the bad times come for that team. And they will come. Like they do for most teams. When the expectations aren’t met and the wins don’t come as easily as they did this year the blame that comes his way as the QB will be tenfold because of his arrogance now.

79. joker65 says: Feb 12, 2016 12:19 PM

He needs to stop now. His agent should just tell him to shut it.

80. hoops737 says: Feb 12, 2016 12:19 PM

There’s a reason he wears that “Number 1” on his chest…It’s all about $cam

Not a team player

81. jbfazz1213 says: Feb 12, 2016 12:24 PM

Captain American Jumped On The Grenade To Save His Team. Cam Ran From The Grenade To Save Himself

82. billymutt says: Feb 12, 2016 12:25 PM

Cam Newton: I win my way.

But you didn’t.

83. stevedenetz says: Feb 12, 2016 12:28 PM

where is his support team……. does he have an agent that is offering advise……. this could have been handled better, not just by cam’s action, but the actions of those trying to cultivate his image. they dropped the ball even more than cam did.

84. oldandgrumpy72 says: Feb 12, 2016 12:29 PM

Isn’t football the ultimate “TEAM” sport?

85. Ugadogs21 says: Feb 12, 2016 12:30 PM

It was a great act for 17 weeks but now he’s been exposed.

Close the book on this poser already.

86. davemc617 says: Feb 12, 2016 12:31 PM

He apparently loses his way too.

87. pete2112 says: Feb 12, 2016 12:39 PM

One word: Jerk

Perhaps someday he’ll grow up.

88. dukeearl says: Feb 12, 2016 12:39 PM

kickinpuppies says:
    Feb 12, 2016 11:36 AM
    That bandwagon emptied quick. Wow!
    *****************

Sure did, hardly a peep out of any of them since Cam lost the Superbowl.

89. thegreatgabbert says: Feb 12, 2016 12:42 PM

He’s a freaking simpleton, I don’t know why anyone would waste time trying to decipher his thought process.

90. blu4l1fe says: Feb 12, 2016 12:47 PM

He just needs to stop. Everybody in the world knows what kind of winner and loser he is. It is over and done with and even if he, for any strange reason, thought of saying anything to pacify what he said (and how he acted) in the post SB conference, it’s not going to matter.

IT’S over Cam. We get it. You don’t win graciously and you don’t lose like a winner. As been previously stated numerous times by some, it’s a very good thing he didn’t win because we would never hear the end of it.

91. nwhmpshr says: Feb 12, 2016 12:47 PM

you dont have the maturity or character to be qb cam. try another position like cheerleader.

92. harrisonhits2 says: Feb 12, 2016 12:54 PM

Just an immature turd.

93. itsthecameenewtonshowcom says: Feb 12, 2016 12:56 PM

Will the fans be embarrassed next year when Cam does his Dab, Superman and all other histronics designed solely to bring attention to himself knowing full well that he doesn’t care about the game??

94. nhpats says: Feb 12, 2016 12:56 PM

wrlegrand says:
    Feb 12, 2016 12:08 PM

————–

He didn’t win the SB and with his running away from the fumble to secure the Broncos victory he proved he has no heart and has since lost his team and the respect of countless NFL fans.

95. willycents says: Feb 12, 2016 12:57 PM

joker65 says:
    Feb 12, 2016 12:19 PM

He needs to stop now. His agent should just tell him to shut it.
    —————————————-
    Do you really think he would listen to his agent? He KNOWS he is the GOAT at the qb position. If you don’t believe me, ask him.

96. bunkmcnulty says: Feb 12, 2016 1:05 PM

Losing with class is NOT embracing losing, Cam. It’s called sportsmanship. Is that too big a word for you Cam? Can you fit it in to the sentences with the constant double negatives you use?

This young man has a lot to learn.

97. lambeaudungbarn says: Feb 12, 2016 1:15 PM

At one time I really liked this guy.
    But his entitlement attitude has ended that for me.
    It seems most of his generation of Baby Daddies and “It’s all about me”, share this attitude. Sooner or later they will get a lesson in life, when they get a little older and realize life isn’t just all about them, They will see they really don’t have the friends that sacrifice and love thy Neighbor brings to people.
    He could learn a big lesson in life from Teddy Bridgewater, Not the best QB, but the best he can be, and the best teammate he can be.

98. bigbenh8tr says: Feb 12, 2016 1:23 PM

nhpats says:
    Feb 12, 2016 12:03 PM
    __________________________
    Can’t stand Cam but don’t be stupid. He will be back. He didn’t even have Kelvin Benjamin this season, but I will say Ted Ginns season was a complete fluke.

99. charger383 says: Feb 12, 2016 1:35 PM

The runaway fumble is what he will be known for like the butt fumble

100. cmj0121 says: Feb 12, 2016 1:37 PM

Brady sports “I CHEAT my way” T-shirt

101. 93civiccpe says: Feb 12, 2016 1:38 PM

“I win my way and I pout and act like a spoiled baby when others win their way”

102. ebdug says: Feb 12, 2016 1:39 PM

I don’t really care about how he reacts to the press or whatever T-shirt or mantra he’s following.

He’s got to learn that there are going to be days when the Panther running game isn’t there and he needs to find a way to move the ball against a full secondary.

103. bradygirl12 says: Feb 12, 2016 1:40 PM

If “winning his way” means having bad body language from the minute something goes wrong all the way through to the end of the game,the SUPER BOWL,mind you, the Panthers will never go anywhere with this guy. He has to learn to shake that stuff off or he will be a perennial loser. I hope he can,because he is awesome to watch when things are going his way. He is amazing.

104. nbptma1 says: Feb 12, 2016 1:41 PM

Seeing that ball on the ground and not going for it will haunt him until pre season. Who is he getting advice from? “Be your own man”???? This should tell you all you need to know about this man and his values.

105. spiritbearparanormal says: Feb 12, 2016 1:48 PM

YOU don’t win football games. Your TEAM wins football games. By everyone doing their job.

Team. Remember that little complication? Team sport ?

Ain’t all about you, son.

106. intrafinesse says: Feb 12, 2016 1:48 PM

I miss the days when Cam would pout on the bench with a white towel draped over his head. The camera zoomed in on him and he was wearing that black cap think football players wear.

Cam, go back to wearing a towel over your head when your losing. I get a kick out of that.

107. whenwilliteverend says: Feb 12, 2016 1:53 PM

It looks like he’s been taking PR lessons from RGMe.

108. bigredtuna says: Feb 12, 2016 1:58 PM

Newton and Manziel have spent their whole life with people telling them how great they are and he has to take a step back. As Paterno said about that kind of feedback, it’s only poison if you swallow it. They have.

Cam is a young man who will have a long roadif he can’t find his way back to earth.

109. lucky5ive says: Feb 12, 2016 2:00 PM

How about boycotting any advertiser that has him front for them..I’m tired of enablers like his coach and general manager..they should have said, “Your wrong Cam”, instead they kissed his butt.

110. anywho123 says: Feb 12, 2016 2:09 PM

He still is who we thought he was…

111. nflgtcfl says: Feb 12, 2016 2:14 PM

Well all that matters is that at least he learned his lesson
    …..
    Sort of?

112. endzone says: Feb 12, 2016 2:26 PM

Maybe Park Avenue needs to have the voting for MVP and all the performance awards after the Superbowl. Leaving the Superbowl Performances out is stupid. The awards structure needs to be reexamined. The people who voted for Cam for MVP must be angry and feel like rubes. It will be a long time before he’s forgiven, and he’s not off to a good start.

It is obvious here in these comments fans are furious.

113. laserw says: Feb 12, 2016 2:31 PM

I think what Cam Cheating’s shirt really means that the only way can have a winning season is to have 13 teams with losing records on the schedule and only have to face 3 successful teams.

What is interesting is that I wonder if Cam Cheating has ever fallen on one of his own fumbles during the regular season. If there has been such an occasion, then his excuse int he Super Bowl is proved a lie.

114. ee00ee says: Feb 12, 2016 2:48 PM

rjpats says:
    Feb 12, 2016 11:20 AM
    Should have gone with a Most Interesting Man in the World shirt

“I don’t always lose, but when I do, I do it like a petulant baby”
    __________________

CLASSIC!!!!

115. cmj0121 says: Feb 12, 2016 2:57 PM

laserw says:
    Feb 12, 2016 2:31 PM

*****************
    You play who is scheduled for you.

The Patriots haev feasted on a lousy division for more than a decade.

Keep up.

116. jsrdc says: Feb 12, 2016 3:06 PM

You win your way, and you also LOSE your way, Cam – like a 5 year old whose ice cream cone was taken away.

Denver pounded your team. They were the better team without a doubt on Super Bowl sunday, especially defensively, even though the Panthers did play fairly well on defense. T

You are ALL ABOUT showboating when winning, but revert to a pouty child when you lose.

It is your choice to sulk, but just understand you will be connected to that behavior just like you are connected to the behavior when you are winning.

It is time to start growing up, Cam. Greatness needs no self-promotion, and the sooner you realize that, the better.

117. ee00ee says: Feb 12, 2016 3:08 PM

What’s all this most valuable person crap I keep hearing about? He was awarded the MVP, Most Volatile Player “award”. It’s less an award than a distinction.

118. itsthecameenewtonshowcom says: Feb 12, 2016 3:17 PM

It has been so fascinating to watch a guy destroy his national brand so quickly. He needs to hire a damage control pr firm like Kobe did. Super Scam has a long ways to go to get his public perception. Yes Scam, we do have the right to judge you and have done so! You are not so much!

119. lynx79 says: Feb 12, 2016 3:34 PM

Sonny Liston was forced by his mob handlers
    to throw both Ali fights. Ali was angrily shouting
    at Liston to get up and fight in that photo. Look at Liston in
    that photo, he did not bother working up a
    sweat before entering the ring.
    Floyd Patterson told me he (Floyd) was
    convinced Liston took a dive in both Ali fights.
    Very poor reference point for Cam.

120. steelcitywhitty says: Feb 12, 2016 3:43 PM

cant wait for CAM to go into media beastmode – ” I’m just here so I won’t get fined, boss.”

121. joetoronto says: Feb 12, 2016 4:00 PM

MVP my arse.

122. jmd0722 says: Feb 12, 2016 4:47 PM

Why not have a t shirt that says i chock in the super bowl !

123. zygizag says: Feb 12, 2016 6:24 PM

We want players to be themselves and not give us the old tired lines and when someone does that we blast him.

Last paragraph “maybe he can turn it around” ?????

His team primarily because of him went 17-2 !!!!

Johnny M needs to turn it around.
    RG III needs to turn it around
    Cutler needs to turn it around
    Kapernick needs to turn it abound

but Cam at 17-2 needs to turn it around ???

I would take Cam over every active starter in the NFL but perhaps 3-5.

124. fanofpft says: Feb 12, 2016 6:41 PM

You just lost. Cam stop digging!

125. robinjoes says: Feb 12, 2016 7:04 PM

Panther Fans are listening, we are here. NFC CHAMPIONS are HERE!

Cam has peaked, he has no heart, he doesn’t want it, he acts like its all about him, he lost the game for the Panthers because he didn’t dive for the fumble

False, False, False, False, & False

Panthers didn’t play anybody, false again.

What action depicts childish behavior more?
    1. Sulking after a SB loss by not really saying anything to media
    2. being a 26+ year old and commenting on a football player in they way that most of you are.

In my opinion, most of the posts on this article, or any other about Cam and the post SB#50 actions are way more childish than anything Cam has done up to this point.

I get making sports related arguments and comments. Trash talking is part of the game and part of fandom. Most people are taking it to extremes and it is, well, disturbing. People need to get a grip and try, TRY, to act like an ADULT.

What is one of the first things parents teach us?

IF YOU DONT HAVE ANYTHING NICE TO SAY, DONT SAY ANYTHING AT ALL.

Think about, look in the mirror, now chastise yourself you petulant child.

KEEPPOUNDING!!!!!!

126. bastardfromhell says: Feb 12, 2016 7:10 PM

Cam Newton is the Ronda Rousey of the NFL.

127. mcmccii says: Feb 12, 2016 10:27 PM

The Ali comparison just further hammers in the fact that he wants all of the spotlight. Boxing is 1 on 1, football is the ultimate team sport.

128. aj66shanghai says: Feb 13, 2016 4:51 AM

One of the all-time great Losers in sports. I’m not sure there is even a parallel to draw to another player. Only opposite extremes.

Last year, we were treated to Tom Brady and Russel Wilson, two guys who lead by the example of “the separation is in the preparation.” It was a great game, lots of guys staying in with major injuries, and ultimately decided on a play where New England’s preparation paid off.

This year we get subjected to Glam the Scam, who is too afraid to go after the ball on the ground and spent his time preparing shiny shoes and celebrations, and looked lost the whole day. Not a good game, but Denver certainly deserved the win.

129. aj66shanghai says: Feb 13, 2016 5:04 AM

It seems Cam also has a fundamental misunderstanding of the difference between himself and Ali. Ali didn’t play a team sport. Ali didn’t have a league in place to promote the sport and its events, that is why he had to be loud and showy. Ali also took political stands for social justice, he didn’t just make vague complaints about racism. Ali was a thoughtful man who had a way with words, and while he spoke in a culturally “black” manner, he was succinct and insightful.

Ali had a legitimate claim to G.O.A.T, then and even now. Cam has one great year in 5.

Ali likely made less money in his career than Cam did this year alone.

If Cam is saying Ali is his role model, it shows how poorly he has modeled himself after Ali.

More likely, Cam thinks of himself as a modern Ali, which shows how stupid, arrogant and egocentric he is.

130. jaro6771 says: Feb 13, 2016 6:02 AM

I love how quickly this bandwagon emptied. I used to live in Charlotte and these fans were the definition of bandwagon. Mostly soccer moms bringing their kids to games and leaving at halftime to beat traffic. Obviously this guy does not deserve the outside support.

131. cvc1cvc says: Feb 13, 2016 7:17 AM

Cam is certainly entitled to ‘win’ in whatever way he chooses. The fact remains, he ‘loses’ like a petulant 9 year old, showing a lack of maturity and leadership. He may go on to win many more games in his career, but until there’s some change in the way this young man faces adversity, he will continue to be a loser to me.

132. vikingforlife says: Feb 13, 2016 8:10 AM

I think robinjoes makes a really good point. I am sure it was not easy to watch a team that was so full of life and on their way to a SB championship run into a defense like the Broncos. But it happens, and it did happen. So come on everybody, lighten up. If not for Cam’s sake, then for all the loyal Panther fans out there who know their QB is a really unique guy who sometimes says things that not everybody understands or agrees with. So what? Did all of you lose money or something? It’s not like he cheated or stomped on somebody’s face, right?

133. cubb1 says: Feb 13, 2016 8:34 AM

Cam is an enormously talented player, but he still has a lot of growing up to do.

134. jostler18 says: Feb 13, 2016 9:51 AM

I haven’t seen the word “petulant” over the course of my 34 years alive than I have as many times in this thread.

Works though.

135. sn19 says: Feb 13, 2016 10:15 AM

It would be more appropriate if he had a picture of Dennis Green screaming “HE IS WHO WE THOUGHT HE WAS!”

136. dabbindan says: Feb 13, 2016 10:27 AM

i didn’t think i’d wear out reading the comments before i got to the end of the page. the unanimity of opinion is remarkable. glad to see it in the sports world.

i had this perspective when i saw him in an auburn game with a gatorade towel carefully draped over his head. i decided to keep an open mind after the season he had and see how he handled things. i resisted until the news conference and the statement about good losers being losers.

i return to my original conclusions and they are set in stone.

137. itsgettingchippy says: Feb 13, 2016 10:01 PM

robinjoes says:
    Feb 12, 2016 7:04 PM

What action depicts childish behavior more?
    1. Sulking after a SB loss by not really saying anything to media

What is one of the first things parents teach us?

IF YOU DONT HAVE ANYTHING NICE TO SAY, DONT SAY ANYTHING AT ALL.

__________________________________

You seem to get it about as well as Cam gets it. He didn’t merely sulk after losing the SB by not really saying anything to the media. He rolled his eyes, looked annoyed, gave one word answers to most questions, said the Broncos didn’t do anything special and walked away because he didn’t like hearing Harris say the Broncos game plan was to force the Panthers to pass. All of this after celebrating in the face of opponents throughout the regular season.

Parents also teach their children to be good sports both when they win and when they lose. If Cam wants to celebrate as he does when he’s winning, more power to him. But maybe he and his fans should be ready for the criticism when he loses and simply can’t act like an adult and a professional.

138. jiminauburn says: Feb 14, 2016 1:39 AM

I heard that they are renaming the team in honor of Newton. It will now be known as the Carolina Newtons. They are going to put a drawing of his face on the helmets as the team logo.

139. tonebones says: Feb 14, 2016 8:42 AM

He’s always acted like a child. Children laugh more than adults, and they cry more than adults. That’s exactly who he is and he likes it. We’re the ones that have a problem with Cam being childlike, but that’s who he is. Deal with it. Look at Johnny Manziel. As much as we want to change these guys, they are who they are, not who we want them to be.

140. concretejimmy52 says: Feb 14, 2016 1:05 PM

That bandwagon emptied quick. Wow!… LOL
    No kidding. I don’t think I’ve ever seen a bandwagon empty so quick. Panthers do have a good team though but many questions were answered after the game. I knew they would throttle the Cardinals but how many people thought they were going to blow out the Broncos because of what the Seahawks did two years ago? I had the Broncos 20-17 and said Von Miller would get MVP. I knew the Broncos defense was for real and the Panthers would bring theirs also. What was interesting to see was how average they made Cam look. I thought he was worthy of MVP but they should have given OPOY to someone else. I don’t care about their schedule, 15-1 is still amazing. Broncos took away Cam’s running game and made him play from the pocket. He looked uncomfortable all night long. And then to watch a completely different Cam after the game than the one we saw winning all season long. Some people were right about him and his antics. He’s painted himself in a bad light and no one to blame but himself. Teams are already taking notes on how to beat the Panthers. I wonder if Cam ever recovers from his debacle? The Panthers won’t go 15-1 again. Even I thought the Panthers to be an interesting team but now see Cam for who he is. An immature and selfish, although talented, football player. Good luck with that. Bandwagon fans indeed.

141. concretejimmy52 says: Feb 14, 2016 1:08 PM

“If you didn’t kick me off the team so this guy could be the leader, we would have won this game.” “Don’t say I didn’t tell you so.” …
    Steve Smith

142. badbabyjane says: Feb 14, 2016 3:32 PM

“Cam Newton released his first public pic of his newborn son (not so incidentally named “Chosen”) on Instagram this week bracketed with his MVP Trophy and Offensive Player of the Year Trophy! The baby was merely a prop!!! What kind of man does this?”

(Jarrett Bell, USA Today Sports, 2/14/16)

143. dsheik says: Feb 14, 2016 9:04 PM

Lol. Actually had a shirt made, to take a photo, to post on the net, that says “I win MY way”

You go girl.

144. fanboyarmy says: Feb 15, 2016 3:20 PM

So first Cam rips off DC Comics with his Superman schtick. Now he is ripping off Frank Sinatra’s song “I Did it my Way!” Very original Newton. Very original. Obviously, “your way” is really in fact someone elses.

145. realqc says: Feb 18, 2016 8:22 AM

I love how everyone points to Newton as the reason the Panthers lost, there is about 7 other players I would hold accountable before I address Newton about his less than stellar play in SB50.

146. deepizzaguy says: Feb 18, 2016 6:26 PM

I did not know that Cam Newton is old enough to remember Old Blue Eyes.

147. badmoonrison says: Feb 18, 2016 9:29 PM

I guess Subway wont be calling him anytime soon. They got Von Miller on speed dial though.

148. bridgeh2o says: Feb 19, 2016 12:20 PM

Sportsmanship. Class. Humility.

These traits have no color.

Cam failed in all 3 after the Super Bowl.