Bucs hire Spytek as director of player personnel

New Buccaneers Logo AP

The Buccaneers have hired John Spytek as their director of player personnel.

Spytek comes from the Broncos, where he’d spent the last two seasons as a national scout. He has 10 years of NFL personnel experience.

Spytek was the director of college scouting with the Browns from 2010-12 under Tom Heckert, the director of pro personnel with the Broncos who also was Spytek’s boss with the Eagles.

Spytek was a linebacker on Michigan’s 2003 Big Ten championship team.

Permalink 14 Comments Feed for comments Latest Stories in: Denver Broncos, Home, Rumor Mill, Tampa Bay Buccaneers
14 Responses to “Bucs hire Spytek as director of player personnel”
  1. getakluwe says: Feb 15, 2016 7:52 PM

Sounds like a company that’s on the New England payroll.

2. lewsblues says: Feb 15, 2016 8:00 PM

with a name like that, he should be working for the Patriots …

3. j0esixpack says: Feb 15, 2016 8:11 PM

Cue obsessed Patriots haters

It’s really kindof getting old.

I think at this point even the least educated ignorant NFL fan knows Spygate was about Camera Placement and FrameGate was about Roger Goodell’s drive to curry favor with certain owners so as to get a new $44 million contract in another few years

4. rushbacker says: Feb 15, 2016 8:37 PM

And the poaching of our staff begins. . .

5. sdchicken says: Feb 15, 2016 8:43 PM

I think he enables the machines to ultimately take out the humans in terminator 2

6. typicalnipple says: Feb 15, 2016 8:50 PM

This Spytek is big on Big John Football.

7. VenerableAxiom says: Feb 15, 2016 9:06 PM

Good thing others went there before me, but it was the first thought I had as well.

8. smithdp says: Feb 15, 2016 9:36 PM

Its a shame that this man may be very talented, but literally could never work for the Patriots based simply on his name. Im not saying its fair….

9. thegreatgabbert says: Feb 15, 2016 9:37 PM

“O.K., buddy, I’m sorry if you think your wife is cheating on you, but it’s just my name and I’m a football executive, I can’t help you…”.

10. jaxon51 says: Feb 15, 2016 9:56 PM

Don’t insult everyone with Spygate was about “camera placement”.
    Everything Matt Walsh, Ernie Adams , Belichik and Brady did was destroyed by Roger G in Foxboro in scandal that NFL handled so so poorly.
    Spygate was about stealing opponents intel and getting it relayed to Brady’s helmet after allotted timeframe allowed.
    Don’t worry Roger screwed Deflategate up so badly he would never re-open this investigation. $750,000 plus a couple draft picks for 3 Lombardies is something every fanbase would be okay with.

11. MichaelEdits says: Feb 15, 2016 10:02 PM

I know nothing about the guy and wish him well, but with a name like Spytek he really should be with the Patriots.

12. insightfulcomments says: Feb 16, 2016 2:12 AM

Should’ve hired Daletek.

13. excusemewhileiwhipthisoutagain says: Feb 16, 2016 8:43 AM

How did the Patriots miss this guy???

14. competitivecompetitioncompeter says: Feb 16, 2016 1:06 PM

Well I hope he’s better at managing pro personnel than he isa making novelty battery operated espionage gear because I gotta tell you the price may be right but you’ll notice the poor quality right away.