DeAngelo Williams: Brady is the only one who likes Belichick

Divisional Playoffs - Houston Texans v New England Patriots Getty Images

Bill Belichick has won more than any active coach. He has also taken criticism more than any active coach.

From LaDainian Tomlinson saying the Patriots’ lack of class comes from the head coach, to Don Shula referring to Belichick as “Beli-cheat,” some of the best in the business have ripped Belichick.

The latest example comes from Steelers running back DeAngelo Williams, who spent some time on Twitter interacting with fans. One fan in New England told Williams that he should finish his career with the Patriots, and Williams said he wouldn’t because he has heard no one likes Belichick, with the exception of Tom Brady.

“From what I’m told only Tom Brady likes the head coach so no thank you I’m happy where I am,” Williams wrote.

It’s unusual to see a player take an unprovoked shot at an opposing coach like that. Unless the opposing coach is Belichick.

Permalink 168 Comments Feed for comments Latest Stories in: Home, New England Patriots, Pittsburgh Steelers, Rumor Mill
168 Responses to “DeAngelo Williams: Brady is the only one who likes Belichick”
  1. notwhoyouthinkitis says: Feb 16, 2016 5:21 AM

The fact that he is not alone in his opinion speaks volumes.

2. vikingforlife says: Feb 16, 2016 5:21 AM

Hmmmm…. does that really surprise anyone??? But, according to all of you, he gets the job done, right? So, it doesn’t matter.

3. cross300 says: Feb 16, 2016 5:38 AM

Says someone who has never played for the coach. I suppose that holding players accountable and expecting excellence is an unlikeable traits. But it certainly is a winning trait. You know what the players do like those superbowl rings. Deangelo will never see one of those.

4. patriottony says: Feb 16, 2016 5:40 AM

That’s right never too early For BULLETIN BOARDS….Esp since they Play the PATRIOTS AGAIN…like every year…and they will LOSE AGAIN like every year…

5. patriottony says: Feb 16, 2016 5:40 AM

BTW…wanna bet MATT FORTE ends up with NE? Why because it is a “TEAM” not a group of 53 over inflated egos…

6. Pftsliberalagenda says: Feb 16, 2016 5:44 AM

I don’t like my boss but he consistently helps our team to meet and surpass expectations. If it’s a high school prom vote popularity matters. In real life, results do.

7. footballgodtb12 says: Feb 16, 2016 5:56 AM

Coming from a guy who is no where near the Patriots locker room. How about Jules Edleman? That guy literally would throw the wrapped up body into Boston Harbor for BB. Guys that don’t like BB are the players that want to get paid, not work or be late for work and relax.

8. alphadux2u says: Feb 16, 2016 5:57 AM

It’s not a personality contest. I wish he was the head coach of my team.

-Niner fan

9. brendangraf says: Feb 16, 2016 6:04 AM

“I love you coach, I would do anything for you” – Julian Edelman, recorded on tape.

10. thecape15 says: Feb 16, 2016 6:06 AM

Those of us in NE know otherwise.

11. bigoldred says: Feb 16, 2016 6:11 AM

Famous High school quote “That’s what I heard”. A lot of coaches, good and bad, are unliked by their players.

12. GoodellMustGo says: Feb 16, 2016 6:11 AM

DeAngelo Williams ✔@DeAngeloRB
    10 years ago they drafted Laurence Maroney over me and I haven’t liked them since!

——
    Sounds a little salty:)

Well then again it was Maroney so maybe Pats fans are too😦

13. mrjdon says: Feb 16, 2016 6:14 AM

Bill Belichick is the greatest coach off all time!

14. mzew233 says: Feb 16, 2016 6:18 AM

Even DeAngelo Williams’s towel boy, Mike Tomlin, Don Shula, Mike Florio, my Dog, would have gone for a FG on 1/2 chances in the red zone instead of 4th down.

As a Pats fan in Bill we trust However:
    -Trick drop-punt onside kick against Philly?
    -Kicking to the Jest in week 16?
    – Lets not throw it against Miami, or to Gronk in the actual AFCC game for that matter, because we dont respect Denver?
    – Receive the kick, 2 4th down attempts in AFCC?

Bill absolutely cost Tom is revenge season, the #1 seed, and let down many fans while coincidentally only giving life to Patriots hate and controversy. Yet nobody within new England will actually be critical of Bill.

15. ridingwithnohandlebars says: Feb 16, 2016 6:19 AM

So the only person who likes him is the guy he threw under the bus last year?

16. skoobyfl says: Feb 16, 2016 6:21 AM

Prepare for an onslaught of rage and disgust from jaded bandwagon fans that won’t even be turning on their TV’s in 2 years for football.

17. stoopidfool says: Feb 16, 2016 6:22 AM

Uhhhh……yeah, that sounds legit…..who’d he get that from , some other guy who has zero chance of being signed by the pats?

18. bdemas17 says: Feb 16, 2016 6:28 AM

GREATEST coach of all time. Players seem to love going to New England to win, not to LOVE their coach. How well does that work out for Rex Ryan?
    I’d also go out on a limb and say anything said by a Steeler about the Patriots isn’t worth the time it took to type it out.

19. usa98j30t4 says: Feb 16, 2016 6:32 AM

He’d rather lose with that bozo Tomlin.

20. yette1 says: Feb 16, 2016 6:35 AM

Greatest Head Coach of All Time: No I prefer not to play for him, he’s not nice. He might make me practice and earn my roster spot.

21. bricketh says: Feb 16, 2016 6:37 AM

I wonder if the Bills, Dolphins, Browns, Raiders, etc like their coaches? For that matter, does Pittsburgh? Liking your coach is good and all, but what matters is whether or not he can get the job done. Only one coach got the job done this year, and that was Kubiak (one could argue it was Phillips, but I digress). And Williams has never played for Belichick. Rodney Harrison and Tedi Bruschi liked Belichick. Edelman likes Belichick. Moss likes him, too… I’m sure any player that has had success likes him, and everyone else hates him. That’s sports for you. If Belichick won in 2001 and never again, he’d probably be the darling of the league, but he is currently reigning over the “evil Empire” of the NFL, so he’s reviled for his success.

22. Iknowitall says: Feb 16, 2016 6:40 AM

Belicheat.

ZERO earned championships.

ZERO UNtainted Titles.

ZERO class.

ZERO legitimate Lombardis

23. jstamper3377 says: Feb 16, 2016 6:51 AM

He’s been the coach for 15 years and I can’t think of a player who left that said anything bad about him. There are many ex patriots in the media now and nobody says what Williams said. I think the opinions of the players who actually played for him are more important than the speculation of someone who hasn’t. If people hated playing for him any one of the hundreds of players that came through here would have spoken up by now.

24. mswravens says: Feb 16, 2016 6:51 AM

Baby & Belicheat are partners in crime. They don’t care what anyone else thinks.

25. drocity says: Feb 16, 2016 6:52 AM

If you want your ego stroked and you “gotta be me”, then by all means don’t go to New England. (*cough* Reggie Wayne) It is not the place for you. If you want to win football games, compete at a championship level every year, and treat your job as a profession, you may want to play for the best coach in history. But of course, it is not for everyone.

In hockey, players felt the same way about Scotty Bowman. As a player once famously said, “You hate him for 364 days of the year, and on the 365th day you get your ring.”

26. margoadams says: Feb 16, 2016 7:01 AM

Colvin, Watson, McGinest, Brushchi, Evans, Brown, Flutie, Law, Milloy, Wilfork, Vrabel et al all prove the haters are wrong. Including this dope Williams.

27. j0esixpack says: Feb 16, 2016 7:01 AM

This explains all of Williams’ Super Bowl Rings

Players who choose their teams based on how warm and fuzzy the coach is are not welcome in New England anyways

But Julian Edelman appears to disagree regardless

28. bostonloyalty says: Feb 16, 2016 7:05 AM

BB = 🐐

29. thedoctlc says: Feb 16, 2016 7:05 AM

Since the criticism isn’t aimed at Peyton Manning, it’s not one-sided.

30. kennadrin says: Feb 16, 2016 7:08 AM

Stay in Steelgaytown and retire ringless lmao

31. chump-change says: Feb 16, 2016 7:13 AM

So, “someone” told D’Angelo that? Funny, every ex-player I ever heard says he loved Beli (eg. Rodney Harrison). Never heard a guy who actually played for Beli say anything bad about him. Most say he’s funny and smart and that no one outside the building knows what Bill is really like.

32. 12coltsfan12 says: Feb 16, 2016 7:13 AM

Patriots are only a good fit for those who will sacrifice lifestyle for hard work and WINNING.

too bad my colts won’t do anything like that.

33. babyjunkie says: Feb 16, 2016 7:16 AM

Kiss the rings!

34. logast says: Feb 16, 2016 7:17 AM

I’d like to know how many rings Williams has.

And if what he claims were the case, wouldn’t there be a voluminous amount of testimony from former Patriot players to back this up?

35. babyjunkie says: Feb 16, 2016 7:18 AM

Dee-Ann Jell-o

36. flash1287 says: Feb 16, 2016 7:27 AM

Amazingly not one former patriot player has EVER said anything like that.

37. pdw3332 says: Feb 16, 2016 7:29 AM

Gee another dumb football player saying stupid stuff. Wonder if it’s because he has never won anything and is jealous or because he has never revieved any love from Belichick (Belichick picked Maroney ahead of him in draft)….then again if Bill ever says a nice thing about Williams I’m sure Williams, just like LT did when Bill said nice things about him, will start kissing Belichick’s butt.

38. mannynh says: Feb 16, 2016 7:30 AM

He’s just bitter because Belichick drafted Maroney instead of him.

39. bigbluefan1 says: Feb 16, 2016 7:30 AM

He is the coach not your daddy or best bud
    He gets the job done he has the rings to prove it both as an assistant and head coach

40. jjb0811 says: Feb 16, 2016 7:34 AM

I’m sure BB needs a tissue after hearing those mean comments.

41. cb3313 says: Feb 16, 2016 7:35 AM

15 years of NFL dominance by the Patriots speaks volumes. The fact that Williams wouldn’t be able to cut it in NE speaks volumes. Most importantly here, NE doesn’t want him…so who cares?

42. pdw3332 says: Feb 16, 2016 7:37 AM

The best part of all the Belichick hatred amongst you clowns is this: if your team could switch coaches today, there is not ONE of you that would not take Belichick over your current team’s head coach….such losers on here! Lol

43. sportsavant says: Feb 16, 2016 7:38 AM

With the disclaimer that I’m a long time Patriots fan, I honestly have not heard DeAngelo Williams opinion echoed by many others. I know that Patriot players have come and gone for various professional reasons (and some not so professional reasons!), Legarrette Blount immediately comes to mind of someone that chose to return so would like to hear about other players that are not so enamored of Belichick’s coaching style. Don Shula’s opinion really doesn’t count for much in this discussion.

44. patrickpjm says: Feb 16, 2016 7:39 AM

Notice that all of these comments come from people outside the organization. You never hear them from former Patriots.

45. rumblefsh9 says: Feb 16, 2016 7:42 AM

I would take a Superbowl win in Philly with a coach no one liked….ANY DAY OF THE WEEK!!

46. Akula says: Feb 16, 2016 7:43 AM

And yet somehow tonight Belichick will try to sleep.

47. pdw3332 says: Feb 16, 2016 7:43 AM

Also what is great about this is it shows what a complete loser Williams is and why he has never won anything. M he is more worried about olaying for a coach who will be his buddy and make football fun for him. While Belichick cares about only one thing, winning football games. Guess that is big part of why Bill is GOAT and Wiliams is just another guy who never maximized his talent and took every chance he could to tap out of games with injuries his whole career.

48. bus1717 says: Feb 16, 2016 7:43 AM

Most of the people that take shots at him do for two reasons.

1. They always lose to him.
    2. They aren’t wanted by the Pats organization. Mr. Williams please stay where your at it ok.

49. troy43mvp says: Feb 16, 2016 7:46 AM

If I were a fan of the Pats, I would be shocked and appalled………(see what I did there?)

50. billytodd2013blbaad says: Feb 16, 2016 7:48 AM

sometimes losing with class is better than winning with no class!

51. gojags says: Feb 16, 2016 7:51 AM

The fact is that everyone likes Belichick to be their team’s coach and as DeAngelo pointed out no one likes Belichick to be the coach of an opposing team.

52. rollotomasi14 says: Feb 16, 2016 7:53 AM

Oh, I’m sorry, I didn’t know the head coach’s job for an NFL team was to be popular and liked, I thought it’s their job to build a winning team. I hear Rex Ryan is well liked, how does that work out for him?

53. ggreen657 says: Feb 16, 2016 7:54 AM

I’d rather have a winning coach than one who is popular.

54. dickroy says: Feb 16, 2016 7:55 AM

I believe in the old saying that if you don’t have anything good to say about someone, then say nothing. I like Shula and Williams!

55. nhstateline says: Feb 16, 2016 7:59 AM

it is all that matters. he’s won so much he drove his opponents to the point that they ended up trying to deny the laws of nature in federal court. I’d say that’s pretty successful. Plus, there’s the guy people see on tv then there’s the real guy. The dope talking has seen the former not the latter. Depending on where I’d spent the bulk of my career, if I had spent years on losing NFL teams, had made a lot of money but never won anything but wanted to and I got a shot to come to New England given how competitive they are every year ? I’d walk to Foxborough.

56. bullcharger says: Feb 16, 2016 8:00 AM

I see lots of players resign with the Patriots, so I don’t think that is totally true.

That said, if I was going to pay players and coaches millions I wouldn’t want a coach that thinks he is buddies with the players.

Getting the most out of a player is what Belichick is paid for and that’s what players are signing up for too.

57. guypatsfan says: Feb 16, 2016 8:01 AM

It doesn’t matter who likes who. Teams would kill to have Bill Belichick as their head coach.

58. bigredgoog says: Feb 16, 2016 8:03 AM

I think players, if they had to choose just one, would rather Respect their coach than Like their coach. It’s nice if you can have both but certainly not a requirement for a fulfilling job.

59. fanofsportsman says: Feb 16, 2016 8:04 AM

Not surprising the two cheaters get along!!!

60. 3rdngoal says: Feb 16, 2016 8:05 AM

I can understand that pov. I would want to play for a coach that would step on the field in the path of an oncoming player during a game to stop him too.

61. bullcharger says: Feb 16, 2016 8:06 AM

notwhoyouthinkitis says:
    Feb 16, 2016 5:21 AM
    The fact that he is not alone in his opinion speaks volumes.

————

Volumes about what. About how much the Patriots win?

If you get paid millions a year you shouldn’t expect your job to be easy.

It should be impossible for one coach to be so much better than all the others, but you can see that players who care about winning end up with him and players that want to work for their buddy go elsewhere.

62. kmo25 says: Feb 16, 2016 8:10 AM

From what he’s told? Yeah, i’m sure there are all sorts of Patriots players emailing or texting their thoughts to D’Angelo Williams. Please! Why is this even a story? Belichick wouldn’t even let that stiff fill his water bottles for him. He had one good year in 2008 and now he is an expert on the Patriots locker room. Hysterical !!!

63. theringisthething says: Feb 16, 2016 8:11 AM

That’s like being Catholic and saying you don’t like the Pope.

64. jerryyouradisgrace says: Feb 16, 2016 8:13 AM

The guy is the best coach in the league…period. However he gets the job done ….and he does EVERY year…he’s got the rings to prove it

Sometimes winners get hated…in his case it’s all the time
    I could only wish the boys had a coach HALF as good as him.

65. jjkelson says: Feb 16, 2016 8:14 AM

Coaches don’t have to be like. It’s not a popularity contest. They have to be respected and he is respected by people who know football.

66. 6ball says: Feb 16, 2016 8:16 AM

” From what I’m told only Tom Brady likes the head coach so no thank you I’m happy where I am,” Williams wrote.

1. If you’re moronic enough to make life / career choices based upon ” what I’m told” , then the Patriots don’t need you. Their offense requires you to have a brain.

2. If all Patriots not named Brady hate Belichick, why don’t they leave via free agency? I’m quite certain that players like Gronkowski, McCourty, and Edelman could find another team interested in their services.

67. paulrevereshorse1775 says: Feb 16, 2016 8:17 AM

players don’t like Belichick because he makes them work, makes them think, and holds them accountable, more then they’ve ever had to before.

It’s not for everybody.

68. rjbell4 says: Feb 16, 2016 8:21 AM

Revis acted the same way — until he got paid to come to New England and win a championship with Belichick. It’s easy to snipe from the outside.

69. roverboy1949 says: Feb 16, 2016 8:27 AM

Ring or buddy???? I’ll take the best chance at a ring, thank you.

70. rootpain says: Feb 16, 2016 8:29 AM

I’m sure Bill was disappointed to hear what DeAngelo had to say. I know that Belichick covets the same type of coach/player partying relationship that Rex Ryan has. Now what will Belichick do to find a friend?

Give me a break. DeAngelo knows full well he wouldn’t make a Belichick team so he preempts any consideration by his looney statement.

71. jcmeyer10 says: Feb 16, 2016 8:30 AM

Salty man. Come back when you win four Super Bowls.

72. roverboy1949 says: Feb 16, 2016 8:37 AM

do you want a ring or a friend??

73. TB12RALLYCRY says: Feb 16, 2016 8:40 AM

The Patriots can speak for them selves and certainly dont need Williams speaking for them…if anyone is gonna rock the Foxboro setup its gonna be someone from in the program……..carry on………

74. inbillwetrust says: Feb 16, 2016 8:42 AM

Here’s an idea worry about the steelers lol… pathetic

75. steelerben says: Feb 16, 2016 8:49 AM

Unless I’m mistaken, you are in the NFL to win championships, not make friends. Belichick certainly does that.

We’ll keep DeAngelo in Black and Gold, though.

76. patsxsaintsfan says: Feb 16, 2016 8:56 AM

Have you seen the way ex patriots talk about him like teddy and Willie? And you wanna tell me they don’t love him? Even if you don’t like him who cares? He is one of if not the greatest coach of all time and only a hater would deny that. I hear good things about him all the time from eldeman and McCourty also. I think the only people that don’t like belicheck don’t like hard work.

77. truthprofessor says: Feb 16, 2016 8:57 AM

Ask future hall of famer Jason Taylor, who says his biggest regret was not playing for Belichick. Ask lots of other guys… Ed Reed, for example.

The answer won’t mesh with your pre-established jealousy-fed hatred

78. thundersnacker says: Feb 16, 2016 9:00 AM

I can’t help but think of Colts’ hero Reggie Wayne wanting out of his Patriots contract because Belichick looks at football as an actual job, as opposed to a children’s game. “Too much work” Wayne said. So yeah, if you’re lazy or just want to have fun, you might not want to go to the Patriots. Williams would be an awful Patriot.

79. magnumpimustache says: Feb 16, 2016 9:02 AM

The head coach is a thankless job – unless you win the superbowl.

If you look at all the great people Belicheck has Traded or cut, the fan favorites who thought were untouchable and he did it anyway.

If I was a player I might not like he either, but I would fear him.

At the end of the day the coach is only responsible for Wins and Losses. And no one can deny that Belicheck is the best.

80. quinzze says: Feb 16, 2016 9:04 AM

Players that want to work and have a chance to win a Super Bowl love him. Players that want to collect a pay check and be buddy buddy with there coach don’t. Williams is still upset that Belichick picked Maronny over him in the 06 draft. Your coach is your boss not your pal.

81. switchwitch59 says: Feb 16, 2016 9:04 AM

The only thing in the NFL that is a popularity contest is the Pro Bowl. Who cares how many players like Belichick? You have to take these things with a grain of salt. This is like Jeff Saturday proclaiming Peyton Manning is the hardest working QB in the NFL. How many NFL QBs did Saturday see prep for games? 5, 10? Most of the ones he would have seen were 2nd and 3rd stringers, not a good comparison for the rest of the starting QBs in the NFL is it? So, do you think Williams ran an opinion poll amongst all Patriots players, past and present? He talked to a few who were given the old heave ho, that’s who’s opinions he’s running with. Big surprise.

82. skunkb3ar says: Feb 16, 2016 9:13 AM

You don’t have to like your boss. In fact, you most likely SHOULD’NT. People love playing for Rex Ryan, his players love him. How is that working out?

Guys like DeAngelo, Reggie Wayne, etc. show what their priorities are: Don’t work me too hard, let me have fun, etc. over winning.

83. steelcurtainn says: Feb 16, 2016 9:22 AM

Would you want to play for a organization widely regarded for cheaters since Belicheat has become the coach? Me neither!

84. clelek05 says: Feb 16, 2016 9:22 AM

I’m guessing he heard that from LeVeon Bell through his smoking partner LaGarrette Blount.

85. GoodellMustGo says: Feb 16, 2016 9:30 AM

Revis actually called Belichick a jerk… and then his opinion was the complete opposite once he got to know him as his head coach.

Tomlinson did not play for Belichick but once he met him his opinion changed too.

Funny how that works. :)

86. GoodellMustGo says: Feb 16, 2016 9:31 AM

mannynh says:
    Feb 16, 2016 7:30 AM

He’s just bitter because Belichick drafted Maroney instead of him.

Sure looks like it.

Maybe he wanted to be drafted by the Patriots or he thought the Patriots were interested in drafting him. Who knows.

#AndWhoCares
    #NotWorthyToBeAssociatedWithUS
    #NotOnOURLevel

87. rgorr44 says: Feb 16, 2016 9:34 AM

DeAngelo, what a dumb comment and loser approach to your profession.

88. realpatsfan says: Feb 16, 2016 9:35 AM

WOW, Williams did not get picked by BB and now he never will.
    Do these cry babies have anything else to do?
    Shame on them.
    As far as Don Shula he should talk he is responsible for all the injuries the Dolphins 70’s teams have been plagued with, having his players injected with pain killers all for the win.
    It must be hard to live with so much envy.

89. GoodellMustGo says: Feb 16, 2016 9:36 AM

So many people still thinking of the NFL’s Greatest Dynasty that ever was, is, and ever will be this offseason.:)

#ThatsTheWayItShouldBe
    #WeAreJustThatMuchBetterThanYouAtEverything
    #WeAreJustSuperior
    #UAreJustNotOnOURLevel
    #UWillNeverBeOnOURLevel

90. tylawspick6 says: Feb 16, 2016 9:37 AM

Jealousy is a very ugly thing. Karma can also be a problem for entitled big mouths.

That right there is EXACTLY why NE was never looking at the injury prone Williams in free agency,

Big mouth, entitled, ego, etc.

Not really Pats material.

Also, last time I checked players LOVE playing for BB.

91. TheWizard says: Feb 16, 2016 9:39 AM

This quote is so stupid and has been so thoroughly rebuked on this thread that it should be deleted in its entirety.

92. BradyIsTheGCOAT says: Feb 16, 2016 9:39 AM

brady / belicheat are the skid marks of the league. they can’t retire soon enough to restore some integrity to the game.

93. 4rings4brady says: Feb 16, 2016 9:44 AM

Willams source must have been Tom Jackson

94. airraid29 says: Feb 16, 2016 9:48 AM

“The fact that he is not alone in his opinion speaks volumes.”

Why, because everyone loves DeAngelo Williams, and if more than one person didn’t it would “speak volumes”

He is correct, only Brady likes to play for Belichick. Excepting of course:

-Rodney Harrison
    -Vince Wilfork
    -Troy Brown
    -Tedy Bruschi
    -Every member of every team he has ever coached that is worth a damn, including the 1986 Giants that carried him off the field
    -Robert Kraft
    -Jimmy Johnson
    -Urban Meyer
    -Nick Saban
    -Every single Patriot fan in the world.

So, ya. The guy who never played for Belichick has
    the inside scoop. Who did he get that from? Brandon “4 Years a Slave” Spikes, who tried to come back but f-ed up and got cut??

95. bigal5654 says: Feb 16, 2016 9:48 AM

15 years of DOMINANCE, err CHEATING

96. patfan12 says: Feb 16, 2016 9:53 AM

mzew233 says:
    Feb 16, 2016 6:18 AM

As a Pats fan in Bill we trust However:
    -Trick drop-punt onside kick against Philly?
    -Kicking to the Jest in week 16?
    – Receive the kick, 2 4th down attempts in AFCC?

—————————————————-

10 AFC Championship games, 6 Super Bowl games, 4 Super Bowl wins. BB has done a heck of a lot more right than wrong and I think the other 31 teams would love that record. So yeah, Bill’s earned a pass on any and multiple mistakes he might have made.

97. papatoad says: Feb 16, 2016 9:53 AM

It’s lonely at the top! I think BB and TB are cool with that.

98. factman66 says: Feb 16, 2016 10:00 AM

This is what happens when you cheat, never take accountability, and act as if you’ve somehow accomplished something great meanwhile you cheated. The pretentious arrogance of the Patriots if finally being called out, it’s about time!

99. jerry944 says: Feb 16, 2016 10:10 AM

Who cares..what has williams ever won..you want a super bowl ring or a coach you can go get coffee with

100. williamshatnerstoupee says: Feb 16, 2016 10:16 AM

I don’t think Patriot fans have gotten over being knocked out of the playoffs, after a year of guaranteeing that Brady would be hoisting his fifth Lombardi.

101. GoodellMustGo says: Feb 16, 2016 10:19 AM

As a Pats fan in Bill we trust However:
    -Trick drop-punt onside kick against Philly?
    -Kicking to the Jest in week 16?
    – Receive the kick, 2 4th down attempts in AFCC?

—-
    And each and every single one of them would be called genius moves had they worked.

Just like the non timeout at the end of Super Bowl 49.

Go figure.:)

#HindsightIs2020
    #GimmeARiskTakerOverAWussyCoach
    #GimmeAgressiveOverPassive
    #GimmeABullyOverAWeakling

102. patriotsticketssince1978 says: Feb 16, 2016 10:21 AM

I think Ted Johnson might be the only Patriot (I can remember) that has publicly displayed animosity toward BB.

Guys that could certainly hold a grudge like Drew Bledsoe or Lawyer Malloy have had nothing bad to say.

Whatever, on to 2016.

103. GoodellMustGo says: Feb 16, 2016 10:26 AM

Guys that could certainly hold a grudge like Drew Bledsoe

You can tell Bledsoe is still a little salty over that.:) But deep down he knows it was the right call.

104. theringisthething says: Feb 16, 2016 10:26 AM

You guys keep your hate – we’ll keep our championships.

105. ssullivan1005 says: Feb 16, 2016 10:27 AM

Keys words “he heard”. Haters!! If the Patriots would take him he would go so he could at least have a chance at getting to a SB!! I am sure Belichick could give a dam if players like him. Just do your job!! Its not a popularity contest its a business. How many out there really like their boss!! That was not even worth printing.

106. bigearl61 says: Feb 16, 2016 10:35 AM

@goodellmustgo, bledsoe dreams of being brady

107. TB12RALLYCRY says: Feb 16, 2016 10:44 AM

facts of this are certain.Williams has sour grapes over the draft and the Patriots taking Maroney over him……get over it Williams…..ever heard of Mr. Irrelevant???????

108. coltcountrysteelerfan says: Feb 16, 2016 10:47 AM

You can love a coach for what they helped you accomplish but hate him as a person or for his personality. Williams is a fairly classy guy with a lot of respect from fans and players, I couldn’t be happier with his presence this season.

Patriottony, sure the Pats have been getting the better of the Steelers as of late but that hasn’t always been the case. It’s only a matter of time before the upper hand is switched back. These teams are more evenly matched then you may care to confess.

All 31 other teams would not want Bill as a coach. Sure constant losers and teams constantly hiring coaches would. Steelers are on their third coach since the 70’s and Tomlin has a higher win percentage then The previous 2. Tomlin is a career record .632, Bill is a career .667, not much of an upgrade.

109. paulrevereshorse1775 says: Feb 16, 2016 11:28 AM

factman66 says:
    Feb 16, 2016 10:00 AM

—–

lmao

110. cb3313 says: Feb 16, 2016 11:36 AM

williamshatnerstoupee says:
    Feb 16, 2016 10:16 AM

________________________________________

Nah. That’s just another Troll Fantasy, like asterisks in the record book and Belichick being banned from the league…

Now, back to the children’s table…

111. ocgunslinger says: Feb 16, 2016 11:37 AM

DeAngelo was standing next to Harry Reid when “someone” made a comment to Harry about Mitt Romney then turned and wispered something to DeAngelo. That same “Someone”…….

112. cb3313 says: Feb 16, 2016 11:39 AM

factman66 says:
    Feb 16, 2016 10:00 AM

_______________________________________
    Boo hoo hoo!

My team can’t overcome warm Gatorade!

Run along Troll…

113. patsfiend says: Feb 16, 2016 11:41 AM

mzew233 says:
    Feb 16, 2016 6:18 AM
    ———

There’s no bigger Pats homer than me and I have to agree with you. A series of curious decisions by Pats coaching down the stretch likely cost Brady a ring.

However, given the track record of BB, I’m sure he learned from those mistakes and I’ve got to give him a pass. If he does this stuff again next year? Then we need to talk about moving on.

114. footballace says: Feb 16, 2016 11:45 AM

Belichick’s 6 Superbowl appearances, and 4 rings speak for themselves. The Hoodie doesn’t have to be liked.

115. factman66 says: Feb 16, 2016 11:53 AM

“Nah. That’s just another Troll Fantasy”
    So you admit that Pats fans are trolls living a fantasy?
    Cool because there’s no denying that Pats fans repeatedly predicted 19-0, the Patriots winning it all, and Goodell handing Kraft the Lombardi trophy….The “revenge tour” failed just like the relative’s diet.

116. patsrthegreatest says: Feb 16, 2016 12:09 PM

“Nah. That’s just another Troll Fantasy”
    So you admit that Pats fans are trolls living a fantasy?

_______________

The only fantasy is your screen name, clown. It’s all good, the Steelers can look forward to getting the floor mopped with them next season, too….AGAIN

117. GoodellMustGo says: Feb 16, 2016 12:09 PM

So freaking ADORABLE watching inferior players and fans of inferior teams talking about the 4 time World Champion Patriots!😀

It’s like a couple of puny little chihuahua yipping their opinion on the grizzly bear next door!

118. rogerdw66 says: Feb 16, 2016 12:11 PM

Didn’t Brady just win a “most disliked player” voted on by other players? And while you can tell yourselves it is because you are just so darned good, (3-5 over last 8 games) other teams have had successful runs of some duration and not been hated like the Pats are. Because they did it fairly. This stank will last as long as B/B are there.

119. It Takes 3 Mannings To Equal One Brady says: Feb 16, 2016 12:11 PM

I don’t know Williams, so it would be stupid to speak like I do, but I think his comments tell you all you need to know. If that is how he feels, then I wouldn’t want him on the team. It makes no difference if you “like” the guys you work with, the only thing that matters is rings. If you would pass up on a chance to play for the coach with the most rings, because “most players don’t like him”, then you aren’t the kind of player the fans would want, and I’m guessing you aren’t the type of player that coach would want.

Aside from the fact that if you watch the post game after Super Bowl 49, it didn’t look to me like Brady was the only one that likes Belichick. Just saying.

120. scrappler says: Feb 16, 2016 12:13 PM

nobody like them because they “push the envelope” or “cheat” depending on what team you root for.

nobody likes a cheater, but opposing fans need to stop whining about it. if you aint cheatin you aint tryin.

similarly, patriots fans can enjoy the success their team has had, but have to take the criticism like men. stop whining about being called cheaters.

121. kissbillsrings says: Feb 16, 2016 12:20 PM

Pats will go after Megatron & Marvin Jones…..
    LeFell & Dobson are gone & if they can somehow land Forte & with Deon Lewis coming back the offense would be unstoppable ….
    Draft offensive players exclusively in this draft….
    Mayo is gone….

122. trina16 says: Feb 16, 2016 12:33 PM

patsfiend says:
    Feb 16, 2016 11:41 AM

————————-

Moving on to where? Do you know how many mediocre coaches are out there? After having 15 winning seasons in 16 years you want to move where exactly?

The team could have a losing season next year, and BB would still be the best coach in the league.

123. factman66 says: Feb 16, 2016 12:33 PM

Fine by me, I hate the Steelers. Regardless, the guy made a fool out of himself by making that comment. Not my fault.

124. mmmcusa says: Feb 16, 2016 12:34 PM

Why do Pats fans act like they have the most Super Bowl wins in NFL history, when a quick Google Search will tell you the actual facts:

“The Pittsburgh Steelers (6–2) have won the most Super Bowls with six championships, while both the San Francisco 49ers (5–1) and Dallas Cowboys (5–3) have five wins. Dallas, Pittsburgh, New England and Denver have the most Super Bowl appearances with eight……..The New England Patriots have won 4 super bowls(s) in their franchise history.”

So four is certainly excellent, but some of the comments made here like kissing the rings is just ignorant of the actual place the Pats are in when it comes to Super Bowl wins, which is tied for 3rd.

125. pastabelly says: Feb 16, 2016 12:39 PM

Williams is full of it. If he wants a pal and not a coach, then he would be best off with someone like Rex Ryan. Any player worth his salt would want to play for a coach who would put him in the best position to win.

126. trina16 says: Feb 16, 2016 12:41 PM

coltcountrysteelerfan

———–

That doesn’t say much considering that Tomlin has a smaller sample (fewer games) than BB.

If I were a coach next year and won the first 6 games I would have a career record of 1.000. Would that make me a better coach than BB and Tomlin?

127. GoodellMustGo says: Feb 16, 2016 12:45 PM

Didn’t Brady just win a “most disliked player” voted on by other players?

And also voted the most liked too, but I guess you forgot about that part.

128. Hitdog18 says: Feb 16, 2016 12:45 PM

Pats fans don’t care what ANY of these guys (or you trolls) think. best run by QB/Coach ever, all of this other stuff is noise.

129. wend28 says: Feb 16, 2016 12:56 PM

DeAngelo has been salty all season about the Panthers making it to the Super Bowl after they cut him. Seems like now it’s carried over towards other teams as well. I dislike the Patriots as much as the next person, but I can’t imagine Belichick only being liked by Brady. There’s a reason he’s been the most successful coach the last 15 years. If players didn’t appreciate him for the coach he is, he wouldn’t be able to win as much as he has during that time period.

130. scottbrowning2 says: Feb 16, 2016 12:58 PM

No biggie. It’s not like we are shopping for cast offs from the biggest crybabies (well, second to the Colts I guess) in the AFC. Personally I am proud New England has a coach that has never pulled a Tomlin at a press conference to make excuses for a failure to perform.

131. GoodellMustGo says: Feb 16, 2016 1:14 PM

With fully inflated footballs:

Patriots:
    12 wins and an AFC Championship appearance. Led the NFL in fewest turnovers. Again.

Colts: 8-8, missed playoffs after playing the AFC Championship game last year
    Ravens 5-11, missed playoffs after winning an AFC Wild Card game last year

#Delicious
    #NumbersDontLie
    #FactsDontLie
    #TruthIsTruth
    #WeKnowTheTruth
    #PatriotHaterOnlyHasExcuses
    #PatriotHaterCantHandleTheTruth

132. ampatsisahypocrite says: Feb 16, 2016 1:17 PM

This is the reality point of view outside the New England bubble, Patriots fans. Get used to it.

But listen, help me here guys. How is it that the Patriots didn’t win the Bowl with Brady playing the whole season? Why, I thought the only thing that could stop them is Brady being out hurt! Like you said, right? So what happened? Brady all year and no ring. What gives?

133. cb3313 says: Feb 16, 2016 1:36 PM

ampatsisahypocrite says:
    Feb 16, 2016 1:17 PM

________________________________________
    Pretty simple:

Our team got out played on that day. Our coach made some questionable decisions and Denver’s D was outstanding…

See that’s how most of us do it in New England…but Oh wait…Denver cheated because our tablets went out on our sideline. Or, Denver cheated because half their team are PED users! Or Denver had three of their players fined after the AFC game! You don’t get fined for following the rules. Must have cheated…WHAA!

Nah, we’ll leave that to the Trolling Haters in the Loser’s Circle…

Kiss The RingS!

134. paulrevereshorse1775 says: Feb 16, 2016 2:03 PM

ampatsisahypocrite says:
    Feb 16, 2016 1:17 PM

——

I know. It’s amazing how many people are wrong.

135. It Takes 3 Mannings To Equal One Brady says: Feb 16, 2016 2:26 PM

mmmcusa says:
    Feb 16, 2016 12:34 PM

=======================

This isn’t a conversation about the history of the Patriots franchise. It is a conversation about Bill Belichick. And Belichick has 4 rings in his time with the Patriots. So through that lens, the comments are 100% accurate. Not to mention Belichick won 2 more rings before he became head coach of the Patriots. 6 rings is a pretty good run. If I’m not mistaken, he has coached in 11 Super Bowls, but I’m not taking the time to look it up. So your complaints about the Patriots fans acting like the Pats are the winningest franchise in history are misguided and make you look like a dope. Leads me to believe you are a fan of one of the teams with more rings, and your panties are all bunched up because your team is getting slighted…

136. gysot says: Feb 16, 2016 3:19 PM

Never any shortage of patsie fans here shouting that they have “the greatest” coach, QB, owner, and organization of all time. With that stockpile of “GOATS” they should have won more than one single championship in the last 11 years. Your success has been on par with teams such as Seattle, New Orleans, Denver, and Indy. And far below that of Pittsburgh and NYG. I would expect much more from a self proclaimed GOAT.

137. fanboyarmy says: Feb 16, 2016 3:53 PM

Get him out of Foxborough, Belicheat is overrated.

Denver Broncos
    NY Giants
    Others

138. cb3313 says: Feb 16, 2016 4:22 PM

gysot says:
    Feb 16, 2016 3:19 PM
    ________________________________________

Best team in the Salary Cap ERA. Fact not Opinion. “On Par” with no other franchise…Nice try through…

139. paulrevereshorse1775 says: Feb 16, 2016 4:41 PM

actually….that’s 10 Conference Championship games.

Hard to keep up sometimes. :)

140. gysot says: Feb 16, 2016 4:47 PM

With all of that “GOATness” either they really are not that good or they have really underachieved.

141. bcgreg says: Feb 16, 2016 4:53 PM

Yeah, enjoy sitting on the bench next year.

142. wantsomecheesewiththatwhine says: Feb 16, 2016 4:54 PM

i think BB is the GOAT,
    but let’s not forget joe gibbs who won 3 titles with 2 mediocre QBs (williams, rypien) and one half-way decent one (theisman).

143. ygghh says: Feb 16, 2016 5:02 PM

Odd coming from a guy who.plays for a coach who trips players on the field. And cries like a bitch every time things dont go his way.

144. cb3313 says: Feb 16, 2016 5:31 PM

mmmcusa says:
    Feb 16, 2016 12:34 PM

_______________________________________
    Sorry…Maybe this will make it more palatable?

Patriots are the best team in the Salary Cap ERA. (Last 20 years.)

I don’t begrudge any of the other franchises that you mentioned or their past accomplishments….

Our “Kiss The RingS” go out to all the haters living on Troll Fantasy Island. Dreaming of as asterisks and talk of tarnished championships just because they whimpered long enough. And to those that lob bombs at the Patriots and their fans and then whine when we defend our team.

Funny how they either curl up into the fetal position and disappear or start with the cute little name calling every time they are asked for proof of their crybaby accusations…So, to them we say…

Kiss…The…RingS!

145. cb3313 says: Feb 16, 2016 5:37 PM

bigal5654 says:
    Feb 16, 2016 9:48 AM
    15 years of DOMINANCE, err CHEATING
    ________________________________________
    Uh Uh Troll, SUPPOSED cheating…None of you have provided any PROOF of any cheating, just repeated crybaby accusations…Therefore, you have zero credibility.

Run along now…

146. fanofpft says: Feb 16, 2016 7:15 PM

While most other teams need far more FA to fill in gaps. The few this team might have they can’t seem to land the better known or more sought after ones.

Case and point they had to settled on Steven Jackson. The last one I know of was Darrelle Revis 2 seasons ago. Who was the one before him? Start your search engines.

147. musicfootballprogramming says: Feb 16, 2016 7:46 PM

Heh, jealous much Williams?

These guys run through walls for their coach, he’s the only coach in the league with 6 rings. Ex-players never bad mouth him that I’ve heard.

More importantly, if you want to go to a Super Bowl, New England is where you go. Here’s the ranking of all the teams that have been to the Super Bowl in the salary cap era (last 22 seasons).

Ranked by wins, then appearances, then most recent win, then most recent appearance. Got it? Good. I love this stuff.

#. Team (W-L) Last W, Last L
    16. Bears (0-1) –, 41
    17. Eagles (0-1) –, 39
    18. Raiders (0-1) –, 37
    19. Titans (0-1) –, 34
    20. Falcons (0-1) –, 33
    21. Chargers (0-1) –, 29

11 way tie for last (0-0): Dolphins, Jets, Bills, Bengals, Browns, Jaguars, Texans, Chiefs, Washington, Lions, Vikings

148. musicfootballprogramming says: Feb 16, 2016 7:48 PM

Oh and the Patriots landed #1 without ever cheating the salary cap in the salary cap era.

Broncos should be 1-1 in “legit” salary cap era Super Bowl wins, dropping them to 7th.

149. truthinesshurts says: Feb 16, 2016 8:51 PM

Joke’s on you, DeAngelo. You could have had the endorsement contract from D’Angelo’s Sub Shops that are only located in New England. Probably would have meant free sandwiches every day, maybe $50/month retainer so they could use your name and photo in ad campaigns. But no, you blew it! No free sandwiches for you !!! Good luck when you retire, you could have built up a nice little nest egg for yourself…sigh.

P.S. It’s just over a week after the Super Bowl, and this actually made it into the short list of headline stories?? That’s just sad. What next ?? “Practice Squad Lineman Announces Retirement After Never Being Activated On Game Day” ?

150. gopatsgocats says: Feb 16, 2016 9:02 PM

Total lie I know for a fact Gronk and most of the team loves him too.. And they really love winning Rings and being in the championship game every year.. Haters gonna hate the best coach and team in this century!!

151. patpatriot7 says: Feb 16, 2016 9:48 PM

The pittsburgh Steelers have won six Super Bowls. They also have the most players who died prematurely – before the age of 50 – from steroid use too!!

152. switchwitch59 says: Feb 17, 2016 9:24 AM

fanofpft says:
    Feb 16, 2016 7:15 PM

——————————————–
    Now, if you want to be honest, you’ll look up how many of those “better known or more sought after” FAs the Patriots even looked at. The answer is none, even their own, because they won’t overpay for big names. They leave that stupidity to other teams. They don’t hamstring their team for over-inflated-ego guys, they only look at the value players.

153. whispersd says: Feb 17, 2016 12:53 PM

DeAngelo should talk to players like Randy Moss and Darrelle Revis – All-Pros at the top of the game who played for Belichick and had very good relationships with the coach. There’s a reason the Pats keep getting veterans like Steven Jackson to join the team. And if the players hated the coach, that wouldn’t happen.

I’m sure there are some players who don’t have good relationships with Belichick – Wes Welker and Richard Seymour come to mind. But most of the Patriots like the atmosphere in Foxboro.

DeAngelo Williams isn’t going to learn much about Belichick’s coaching playing in Pittsburgh.

154. qbarrel says: Feb 17, 2016 6:33 PM

That’s okay Deangelo, I’m pretty sure BB would rather have Matt Forte anyway. You had a good 1/2 season, but prior to that, you’ve been washed up ever since signing that last big contract in Carolina.

155. fanofpft says: Feb 17, 2016 8:16 PM

I can think of one quick of the top of my head. Reggie Wayne. There were many more throughout last season.

156. winninaintsinnin says: Feb 17, 2016 9:18 PM

Cheats like cheats

157. switchwitch59 says: Feb 18, 2016 7:40 AM

fanofpft says:
    Feb 17, 2016 8:16 PM

—————————————-
    And they cut him, didn’t they? Some guys are worth a tryout, but that doesn’t mean they get to stick around. How much money did Wayne get paid by the Patriots? Don’t forget, they don’t get PAID during the off-season, room and board provided, the big money comes from making the roster.

158. cb3313 says: Feb 18, 2016 8:00 AM

gysot says:
    Feb 16, 2016 4:47 PM

__________________________________________

Troll Reality/Fact Check:

Patriots most dominate team in the past 20 years! Fact not Opinion…

Sign us up for more of that underachievement.

Back to Troll Fantasy Island with you….

159. cb3313 says: Feb 18, 2016 8:11 AM

mswravens says:
    Feb 16, 2016 6:51 AM

Baby & Belicheat are partners in crime. They don’t care what anyone else thinks
    _________________________________________

Awe…How cute. Name calling…Neat!

If winning championships is a crime…Then you are correct…That is the only “crime” the Trolls can provide proof of!

Patriots, TB12 and Patriot Fans Win Again!

160. cb3313 says: Feb 18, 2016 8:45 AM

factman66 says:
    Feb 16, 2016 11:53 AM

“Nah. That’s just another Troll Fantasy”

So you admit that Pats fans are trolls living a fantasy?
    ________________________________________

Yeah, we predict we are going to win the Super Bowl every year! It’s called having high expectations based on a winning tradition.

Didn’t we already spank you send you back to the kid’s table?

161. cb3313 says: Feb 18, 2016 9:35 AM

winninaintsinnin says:
    Feb 17, 2016 9:18 PM

Cheats like cheats
    _________________________________________

Trolls like Liars!

Patriots, TB12, & Patriot Fans Win Again!

162. danm1978 says: Feb 18, 2016 10:00 AM

factman66 says:
    Feb 16, 2016 11:53 AM
    “Nah. That’s just another Troll Fantasy”
    So you admit that Pats fans are trolls living a fantasy?
    ——————————————————————
    Totally true. Over at NFL.com,here it was 19-0. Revenge Tour.Don’t cry when the Patriots are running the score up every week.
    Or as a Patriots fan I know put it after Denver ruined a perfect season “We’ll still win the Superbowl” Then after Denver got the #1 seed it was “We’ll take you down in Denver” Then after Denver beat them it was “**** off. The Panthers will annihilate you”
    After Denver won the SB it was “Goodell fixed it”

At least Belichick and Brady showed a lot of class in defeat.

163. cb3313 says: Feb 18, 2016 12:29 PM

danm1978 says:
    Feb 18, 2016 10:00 AM

After Denver won the SB it was “Goodell fixed it”

At least Belichick and Brady showed a lot of class in defeat.
    ________________________________________
    And they are classy in victory too…Can’t say the same for Denver and many other franchises.

We predict the Patriots are going to win the Super Bowl every year! It’s called having high expectations based on a winning tradition. Some might have said “Goodell fixed it”, but a majority of NE fans admit that Denver’s D-line out played the Patriots O-line in the AFC game.

While some of the Trolls wish & hope for their team to make the playoffs or advance one round… Patriot fans predict Division, Conference, AFC & Super Bowl championships. During the past 20 years, no fan base has been more accurate with their predictions…Even a blind Troll gets a nut every once in a while. I guess that’s something to pound your chest about…I guess…

Kiss The RingS!

164. fanofpft says: Feb 18, 2016 8:58 PM

Well he asked out. Pierre Thomas, Robert Turbin,Hakeem Nicks, also worked out.

Yeah that is my point that the team is not landing any “named” players. Steven Jackson was about it. After no one else wanted him.

Yet every story on here the fans are saying pats will pick up such and such. It just doesn’t happen.

165. ibillwt says: Feb 18, 2016 11:38 PM

Playing for the Great One is strictly for ballers (Edelman, Harrison, Vrabel, Brady, Ninkovich, etc.), not players in need of a friend.

166. goodellsucks43 says: Feb 21, 2016 3:17 PM

If I actually had the talent to play pro football for the Patriots, I’d love Belichick. Who cares if he’s an a-hole or not? The guy knows how to win.

167. gaffya says: Feb 21, 2016 4:04 PM

to some people honor and integrity matter more than winning a bunch of tainted titles that aren’t even recognized outside of hometown fanboy’s…DeAngelo want’s to win a S.B. not cheat to get one…that’s why he’s politely saying…I’ll stay in Pittsburgh with the most dominant team in the history of the league…….or in other words…I want a ring not an asterisk so I’ll stay in Pittsburgh.

168. cb3313 says: Feb 21, 2016 6:43 PM

gaffya says:
    Feb 21, 2016 4:04 PM

___________________________________
    Was that honor or integrity when your coach went on the field and tripped a player?

CRICKETS!

Funny how the only people talking about asterisks are the Trolls who’s teams repeatedly lose to the Patriots. In order to have an asterisk you have to provide some evidence/proof. Just crying long and loud doesn’t get it done. Since many… many people have asked the Trolls for proof of their accusations to earn some credibility and exactly 0.0 Trolls have offered ANY…It is all just “make believe” on Troll Fantasy Island….(Remember NFL lies and ESPN lies don’t count a proof. Troll’s opinions don’t count as proof.) Wells has no proof. Roger has no proof. Trolls have no proof…

Unproven Accusations = Crybaby Soup

Open wide! Here comes another big spoonful! Cry about that for a while…

Patriots WIN AGAIN!