Texans WR Strong arrested while riding in Packers player’s car

AP

Texans wide receiver Jaelen Strong was arrested late Sunday night for possession of marijuana, ABC-15 in Phoenix reported Monday.

The report said Strong, who played college football at Arizona State, was arrested in Scottsdale while riding in a car driven by his college teammate, Packers safety Damarious Randall.

Randall was not arrested. Strong told police the marijuana was his.

Strong caught 14 passes in 10 games as rookie, three for touchdowns. His first two catches went for touchdowns in his first game last October vs. the Colts, but he only caught one more pass between then and mid-December.

He was a third-round pick last spring.

59 responses to “Texans WR Strong arrested while riding in Packers player’s car

1. I’m glad to see Randall (perhaps rookies are heading Carter’s warnings?) had a fall guy, but still need to make better choices young man.

2. I don’t smoke weed, but I have many friends that do. It shouldn’t be illegal – the authorities should tax the hell out of it.

That said, every single one of these players needs to know that a 4 game suspension waits just around the corner if they get caught. To you and me, that is 1/4 of our calendar year without pay.

When you consider the length of most NFL careers, weed just is not worth it.

3. zerotrophiessince1961 says:
    Feb 29, 2016 3:37 PM

When you consider the length of most NFL careers, weed just is not worth it.

————————

4. If you are in the NFL and want to smoke pot during the off season, you should move to Colorado, Washington, Alaska, Washington D.C. or Oregon. Pot is legal in those states so no getting arrested which mean no violation of NFL rules (because of the arrest).

5. nhpats says:
    Feb 29, 2016 3:43 PM

______

What do you think they’re doing now?

6. nhpats says:
    Feb 29, 2016 3:43 PM
    —————-

Alcohol and tobacco are already taxed to the hilt. While it may not be in alcohol’s league in terms of health care costs, don’t kid yourself it is certainly right up there with it in terms of lost productivity. So called ‘sin taxes’ could be heavily leveled on it and it would still be cheaper for society as a whole and consumers individually than it is now.

7. These two definitely need to go through Chris Carters “Fall Guy Class.” Is it true that, going forward, it will be offered during the Rookie Symposium?

8. Off season morons on weed patrol. “Hey, you drive while I blaze one up!” “Duh…..ok.” I wonder if they were headed for Letroy Guions place?

9. I agree it should be legal. But what justification is that for us to “tax the hell out of it”? It does not have a heavy cost to society. If anything, our Government should “tax the hell” out of tobacco and alcohol as those substance have already proven to have enormous costs to society.
    _________________________________
    Marijuana does have a heavy cost on society, will it lessen if legalized? Maybe, it sure cut down gang violence when Prohibition ended. If legalized should be treated and taxed like alcohol, both have been shown to impair judgement and reaction time.

10. Not a smart move by Strong, he was in O’Brien’s doghouse all season. Not the way to show you have matured. Looking like another 3rd round bust for Rick Smith and the Texans.

11. zerotrophiessince1961 says:
    Feb 29, 2016 3:37 PM

When you consider the length of most NFL careers, weed just is not worth it.
    ====================================
    I have always been for outlawing weed. I live in an environment where very little is wrong. That said I really like your idea of taxing the hell out of weed. I makes sense. Very good post zerotrophiessince.

12. Per the story, the Black Maserati driven by Randall didn’t have license plates.
    Really have to wonder about the intelligence level of some people. If your going to roll around in a $100,000 plus vehicle with no plates, you may want to leave the blunts at the crib.

13. I was gonna defend him and ask why he pulled over in the first place, citing racial profiling of young black guys in a nice car, but then I read that they had no license plates on the car lol…

Look, if you’re gonna do dirt, do it at home. If you have to do it in public, make sure your ride isnt hot…I’d be mad at the driver for whipping a car w/no tags and getting me locked up.

14. Smoking weed shouldn’t be illegal. But driving and smoking weed should be. Hopefully Randall “didn’t inhale.”

15. I love all these fall guy comments, what’s wrong with owning up to it if its actually yours.

No point in dragging your friends career down if he has nothing to do with your choices.

16. silverandblack052099 says:
    Feb 29, 2016 3:42 PM
    The fall guy isn’t supposed to also be an NFL player.

the fall guy needs to be anyone but yourself ! agree with postser that said a “random” drug test beckons… although it is a packer so likely he gets a pass.

17. Good start to his NFL career. Just another stupid idiot with too much money. Might be a good idea for the driver to have plates on the car too, talk about attracting attention.

18. Randall should be suspended as well. Whether or not weed SHOULD be legalized, it is still a drug that is illegal in the NFL and if these players WANT to play in the NFL they need to follow the rules. No argument, no debate.

19. Man, c’mon Packer defensive players… Stay away from the weed.

I blame myself for this, I wished that I could brag about our defense being dope… by dope I meant as in “Playing Great Defense” – not dope as in everyone suspended for smoking weed.

20. If they were really driving around with weed in a fancy sports car without license plates I am very curious as to their respective Wonderlic scores.

21. lindacaseauthor says:
    Feb 29, 2016 6:17 PM
    _______________________
    Dumb statement. That is not the way the law works. There is actually more evidence against Brady and his missing phone then Randall. By all means the NFL should “randomly” test him ASAP.If he doesn’t pass then put him in the program. This is the NFL’s problem they need to demonstrate consistency in judgement and punishment. Well that and they have bad lawyers.

22. I love all the people who state “weed should be legal” from mom’s computer; lazy no-good unproductive losers.

…..I can only imagine what job sector they are in (hint: most aren’t working). Probably all hired by mom and still live at home. All reputable companies drug test employees and weed falls under the illegal substances.

If you need to alter your mind to live, then pay the price.

23. Ok couple of thoughts. If you millionaire (or poor for that matter) leave the gonja at home and if you have it wait to smoke it to where ever you are going. I will never understand it ever. SMDH

24. chesswhileyouplaycheckers says:

——————————————————

So the bar for bad things for society is lost productivity? Proof that smoking pot makes one less productive- please no stories about my neighbor who smokes pot sits on his couch. I have neighbors who do not smoke pot and do nothing but sit on their couch and watch TV all day. Shall we heavily tax TV use? What about going to the beach and laying in a chair all day? playing video games? Taking as mid day nap? All examples of lost productivity. Shall we punish those who lay at the beach and do not put on SPF 50- since there are health care costs of skin cancer. OR do we let people make a personal choice of what they wish to do with their time and how they treat their bodies? Stop buying into the Reefer Madness mentality.

25. selfpromotingqb says:

If you mix Packers green with Packers “gold ”
    It comes out orange.
    Scientific proof that the Packers are YELLOW
    ——————————————————-

Red and yellow make orange. Blue and yellow make green – mixing yellow with green makes a lighter green. Did you miss 2nd grade?

26. paulchi2014 says:
    Mar 1, 2016 10:23 AM
    selfpromotingqb says:

If you mix Packers green with Packers “gold ”
    It comes out orange.
    Scientific proof that the Packers are YELLOW
    ——————————————————-

_______________
    I agree this guy is a moron. Why is he so concerned about color anyway? I mean if the Packers were some hideous purple and gold I would still love them. In conclusion please talk about relevant man stuff and avoid the discussion about whose uniforms look better unless you have a gash. Even then do it on some other site.

27. For the record, according the the official NFL team colors, the gold used in the Packer and Viking uniforms is exactly the same.

So unless you enjoy getting drunk for the sole purpose of picking fights over minutiae, let it go.

28. Arrested for possession??? How freaking dumb!!! Let’s tie up the jails and court over a stupid possession of marijuana. You should only be arrested if you have a large enough amount that it is considered trafficking or distributing. Here in Minnesota you can possess up to 32 grams and not get arrested. You do not have to face a judge if you choose to just pay your fine.

29. When police asked why Strong was sitting in the back seat, he replied it was impossible for any receiver to not get behind a packers d-back.

30. petedutcherjr says:
    Feb 29, 2016 4:19 PM

And it should remain illegal. AND make alcohol illegal too. And smoking.

Instantly improve the health of the entire nation.

—-

Why is it that people like you feel the need to control how other people live their lives? Just mind your business, Bloomberg!

31. I wish they’d come out with a field sobriety test for marijuana. Cut to the chase. I don’t care if people want to smoke, but I find it hard to believe Randall wasn’t burning some rope himself.

32. I’m sure Randall will take Strong out to eat at an expensive restaurant to repay him for taking the fall. Packers fan here,wouldn’t doubt Randall took a few hits as well

33. Haters will hate & if that helps u sleep then fine. All the while u know your team sucks. Don’t forget that EVERY team wants a piece of PACKERS HISTORY. That being the VINCE LOMBARDI TROPHY!