Adam Jones: I lost my cool in the last game, it won’t happen again

CINCINNATI, OH - JANUARY 3: Cornerback Adam Jones #24 of the Cincinnati Bengals warms up prior to the game against the Baltimore Ravens at Paul Brown Stadium on January 3, 2016 in Cincinnati, Ohio. (Photo by Andrew Weber/Getty Images) Getty Images

Soon-to-be free agent cornerback Adam “Pacman” Jones is promising to clean up his on-field act this year, whether it’s in Cincinnati or somewhere else.

Jones said on PFT Live on NBCSN that he doesn’t think he has a discipline problem, but he does know he can’t afford to cost his team 15 yards, as he did at a critical time in the Bengals’ playoff loss to the Steelers.

“I know I lost my cool in the last game. That won’t happen again,” Jones said.

In a wide-ranging interview, Jones also acknowledged the open secret that teams tamper in the NFL, saying that his agent has already heard from teams that are interested in his services, even though it’s against NFL rules for any team to contact his agent until next week.

“As of now, I don’t know, to be honest,” he said. “I know a lot of other teams have been contacting my agent saying if I don’t get signed there are other places I can go.”

Jones said he’s open to signing with any team that wants him and has a good chance to win, and he wants that team to know he works hard, practices hard and plays hard. And this year, he vows to play hard without picking up 15-yard penalties.

Permalink 62 Comments Feed for comments Latest Stories in: Cincinnati Bengals, Rumor Mill, Top Stories
62 Responses to “Adam Jones: I lost my cool in the last game, it won’t happen again”
  1. doriangray927 says: Mar 1, 2016 9:01 AM

Pacman has always had zero chill. Who does he think he’s fooling?

2. jm91rs says: Mar 1, 2016 9:03 AM

This guy is a clown, but as a Bengals fan I think he needs to stay. This year was the best year he’s had and if not for Geno dominating, he easily would have been defensive MVP.

3. troy43mvp says: Mar 1, 2016 9:04 AM

Also he will never be arrested again. Bahahaha!

4. mack2x says: Mar 1, 2016 9:04 AM

“I lost my cool in the last game, it won’t happen again”

Yes it will.

5. huh6016 says: Mar 1, 2016 9:10 AM

Goodell is teaching them all how to lie I see

6. bettis3636 says: Mar 1, 2016 9:11 AM

The free agent in him said this… key word…AGENT!!! Pac Man has been a joke dating back to his college years.. he will never change!

7. mazenblue says: Mar 1, 2016 9:16 AM

He needs anger management because obviously he is delusional on this subject.

8. gojags says: Mar 1, 2016 9:18 AM

“I lost my cool in the last game, it won’t happen again”

You won’t be playing in the playoffs again atleast till you retire. The Steelers and the Ravens are back.

9. joetoronto says: Mar 1, 2016 9:18 AM

“I lost my cool and punched out that woman outside a bar last year with a straight right to the face. It won’t happen again.”

10. troylok says: Mar 1, 2016 9:20 AM

You can’t undo stupid. He’ll do something stupid – again and again. It’s a pattern of behavior.

11. r502 says: Mar 1, 2016 9:24 AM

The best predictor of future behavior is past and present behavior. This guy cannot and will not help himself. Jerks like Jones NEVER think they have a discipline problem even though every one else can see it as plain as day.
    Jones’ career is full of BS tough guy attitude and stupid mind blowing penalties on the field. His off the field act would have most of us rotting in prison. Dude is a straight up selfish loser.

12. gotitan says: Mar 1, 2016 9:26 AM

Glad he isn’t on my team, anymore.

13. willycents says: Mar 1, 2016 9:26 AM

“Goodell is teaching them all how to lie I see”
    ___________________________
    He certainly is. He started with the Patriots ten years ago and still hasn’t taught them to lie effectively’

14. charliecharger says: Mar 1, 2016 9:36 AM

I’m a zebra and I’m going to change my stripes. I also have a bridge for sale. Any buyers?

15. intrafinesse says: Mar 1, 2016 9:37 AM

Hey, no problem!
    All is forgiven.
    All you did was cost your team a chance to advance in the playoffs – you know – the playoffs that you play all yer for.

All us Bengal fans have forgiven you.

16. thetooloftools says: Mar 1, 2016 9:40 AM

“Adam Jones: I lost my cool in the last game, it won’t happen again” – not as a Bengal it won’t.
    Your going to get cut.

17. qbarrel says: Mar 1, 2016 9:41 AM

But here’s the thing Pacman – it ALWAYS happens again…..and again….and again.

18. cueghost says: Mar 1, 2016 9:41 AM

Bengals don’t change their stripes… or something like that.

19. nhpats says: Mar 1, 2016 9:42 AM

He and Burfict snatched another Bengals playoff loss from the jaws of victory. Why would Bengals fans want either of these clowns to return on their football team?

20. whenwilliteverend says: Mar 1, 2016 9:47 AM

He’s lying through his teeth. He’s only saying that because he needs to sign another contract so he can still make it rain. As soon as he gets another contract he’ll forget about those words. Like someone else said, you can’t fix stupid.

21. eaglesnoles05 says: Mar 1, 2016 9:53 AM

If losin’ your cool is cool, consider Pacman Miles Davis

22. justafan2014 says: Mar 1, 2016 9:54 AM

I promise, this time will be different than every other time I said it won’t happen again.

23. clashpoint says: Mar 1, 2016 9:56 AM

In this post, Adam Jones is more honest about what happened in the Steelers game than the Bengals fans were, who tried to blame a Steelers coach for the stupid actions of Adams. He’s still a punk though.

24. vikingdoode says: Mar 1, 2016 9:57 AM

The simple difference between a champ and a chump

25. TB12RALLYCRY says: Mar 1, 2016 9:57 AM

How many times have we heard this and it happens over and over………

26. xxbarklikeadogxx says: Mar 1, 2016 9:57 AM

Riiiggghhht. And Manziel just quit drinking.

27. iandemartino says: Mar 1, 2016 10:03 AM

You guys remember that scene in the South park movie where Saddam Hussein sings “I can change” to Satan?

I feel like this is sort of like that.

28. steelerfan63 says: Mar 1, 2016 10:08 AM

He wont lose his cool again until the Bungals are on the verge of being eliminated by the Steelers again.

29. steelerfan63 says: Mar 1, 2016 10:11 AM

Also he didnt just cost his team 15 yards. He cost his team a playoff game that they had in the bag.

30. vottorific says: Mar 1, 2016 10:12 AM

He will get paid. And it might be your team.

31. floriohatesthebengals says: Mar 1, 2016 10:14 AM

He was a stud last year. He’ll be back in Cincinnati.

32. TebowedOutOfThePostSeasonAndNeverToReturn says: Mar 1, 2016 10:23 AM

Hard to keep your cool when Steelers’ coaches pull your teammate’s hair and then run out on the field picking fights. At least the Steelers keep getting clownstomped in Denver. First Tebow. Then Manning.

33. painsyndicate says: Mar 1, 2016 10:24 AM

Sounds like this idiot needs his babysitter again.

What a disgrace.

34. milehihoss says: Mar 1, 2016 10:26 AM

Riiight.
    “I learned my lesson last night, I won’t come up in the morning.”
    –The Sun

35. williamshatnerstoupee says: Mar 1, 2016 10:39 AM

The team in the Black and Gold continue to live rent free.

36. steelerben says: Mar 1, 2016 10:50 AM

Does no one else realize that the NFL doesn’t care what kind of person you are, only what type of athlete? Sure, a team like the Patriots might not be willing to bring him in, because he doesn’t mesh with their locker room philosophy. But I’d wager that 20 teams would see an upgrade at the position by bringing him in and would be willing to eat the 3-4 unsportsman like penalties a year if he could manage to get them out of his system at non-critical moments. Coaches will call it “passion” and “being a competitor” when it is on their team and will say how he just needs to “channel his emotion”.

37. mountaindont says: Mar 1, 2016 11:11 AM

How about ripping off Amari Coopers helmet and slamming his head into it. Will that happen again ?

38. squackduckhawk says: Mar 1, 2016 11:26 AM

He should go back to being a pro wrestler…
    To come to think of it, I believe he said he would never lose his cool again upon his reinstatement.

39. chesswhileyouplaycheckers says: Mar 1, 2016 11:40 AM

But if it does he can always issue another of his A.B. style apologies…
    Any team that signs him knows what they are getting, the good and the bad.

40. thisonesforpat says: Mar 1, 2016 11:48 AM

Does anyone else frequently hit the “Report Comment” button when trying to vote thumbs up/down?

Use some space. It’s free. I find this to be terribly annoying

41. youknowyourteamisgreatwhenthetrollscantstop says: Mar 1, 2016 11:50 AM

I would not necessarily say that he is admitting that tampering exist. And I am not saying that tampering doesn’t exist. But this sounds to me like a lot of “wishful thinking & hoping” by the “Pacman” that some team somewhere will give him a look over and decide he’s worth the risk. It’s called self-promotion and generating false interest. This jerk’s days of fading fast into obscurity are FAST approaching!!

42. nyneal says: Mar 1, 2016 11:50 AM

steelerben says:
    Mar 1, 2016 10:50 AM

______________________________________

I find it interesting that a guy who calls himself “steelerben” should write a post which says the NFL doesn’t care about what kind of person you are.
    We all know Big Ben sexually assaulted two women and probably paid them off so he wasn’t taken to court. He served a 4 game suspension for one of his actions which says volumes about what the truth was.
    I agree with steelerben that the NFL puts out a smoke screen as far as players’ conduct goes, and the talent of the player has a lot more to do with how the league and teams treat him than what he does off the field.
    If O.J Simpson were still in his prime and not in jail, some NFL team (see Jerry Jones, for one) would be offering him a contract without a doubt.
    Look at the Vikings. Everyone knows Adrian Peterson viciously abused his 4 year old son, and he did serve a 1 year suspension for it. But the Vikings welcomed him back with open arms and so did the NFL. If he were a 2nd string player who only played on special teams, he’d have been banished to Siberia (which closely resembles Minnesota, by the way). But because he is a top RB, all is well with him carrying the ball and having Viking’s fans cheer him.

43. harrisonhits2 says: Mar 1, 2016 12:17 PM

Sure it will.

lolz Bungles

44. harrisonhits2 says: Mar 1, 2016 12:18 PM

“In the 2010 case, the police sergeant was so awe struck over Ben, he posed for a picture with him and made derogatory comments about the victim. He was later forced to resign because of his actions.”

Don’t forget the state policeman who Ben had hired as his bodyguard that kept other people out of the bathroom while Ben had one of his victims in it.

45. ditkainyourbutkus says: Mar 1, 2016 12:30 PM

“Until the next time I play the Steelers”

idiot

46. bsaleen12 says: Mar 1, 2016 12:32 PM

Does anyone really believe this guy?

True colors come out when your back is against the wall…

47. theroc5156 says: Mar 1, 2016 12:43 PM

gotitan says:
    Mar 1, 2016 9:26 AM

Glad he isn’t on my team, anymore.

____________________________________

So is he.

48. curtis35w says: Mar 1, 2016 12:45 PM

the National Felon League is a joke. How many times will they let this guy say “It Wont Happen Again”????

49. smoov513 says: Mar 1, 2016 1:01 PM

As a Bengals fan I’m torn because Adam made a lot of big plays on defense and on special teams but that last play was a heart breaker. My first instinct is move on from him to set an example to the rest of the team that this type of behavior won’t be tolerated. However he made a ton of plays and has a few years left in the tank, so I can see why a team would want to bring him in.

If you can trust him to not ruin the hopes of your city of winning it’s first playoff game in 25 years then sign him up….can’t say I trust him.

50. jonathankrobinson424 says: Mar 1, 2016 1:06 PM

……THAT is rich…..lol….I needed that laugh. This is PACMAN Jones we’re talking about….

51. daytontriangles says: Mar 1, 2016 1:11 PM

“I know I lost my cool in the last game. That won’t happen again,”

Anyone taking that bet?

The only way Adam Jones manages to avoid losing his cool on the gridiron is if he can’t take the field because he’s behind bars.

52. pskotte says: Mar 1, 2016 1:15 PM

Thanks for all the luv, Steeler trolls. I hope Adam Jones returns to the Bengals and continues playing fiercely, especially against you guys.

53. 0puddiiing0 says: Mar 1, 2016 1:15 PM

-“looking for a team that has a good chance to win.”-

Just another Free Agent who believes he individually deserves a ring. With an Agent who will wheel and deal to get him on a team with the best chance to win this season as opposed to BEING a teams best chance to win. I really hate this mentality in Free Agency. I’ve always believed a TEAM wins and deserves a ring never just a player.

54. tindeaux says: Mar 1, 2016 1:20 PM

yeah it won’t happen again
    El -oh – el

55. jerruhjones says: Mar 1, 2016 1:30 PM

He and Burfict should both be banned.

56. crownofthehelmet says: Mar 1, 2016 2:07 PM

He doesn’t need to change. He had every right to get mad and push the ref. Go watch the tape, who wouldn’t lose their cool over Joey Porter standing still, hands in pocket, smiling, surrounded by a mob of angry bengals players. Jones probably thought he was in real danger, just protecting himself.

That was sarcasm tebowed.

57. reprob8 says: Mar 1, 2016 3:31 PM

“I know I lost my cool in the last game. That won’t happen again”

…until it does

58. melikefootball says: Mar 1, 2016 4:36 PM

his guy will show the Bengal fans once more his talk is cheap.

59. mrmidevil says: Mar 1, 2016 4:41 PM

I seem to remember a similar statement when he couldn’t keep from getting arrested….how many times…? 6?

Oh yeah, but we believe you…..

60. keifer1751 says: Mar 1, 2016 9:03 PM

You’re a turd, Pac Man. I doubt that there are too many teams contacting your agents. You are not that great of a player to expect a team to really want to deal with you.

61. tralfaz1127 says: Mar 2, 2016 5:51 AM

Bengals fan here. He said the same thing before, and spent the whole year arguing with the refs.
    Hill lost us the playoff game with the fumble, but Pacman, not Burfict put em in FG range. He lost his cool and the game. Don’t believe a word he says, and that comes from a guy who was one of his biggest fans.

62. sherry0565 says: Mar 2, 2016 9:08 AM

Say what you want….but the Good plays last year MORE than outweigh the bad. Sign him up!