Skip to content

Falcons re-sign Adrian Clayborn

during the first half against the Tampa Bay Buccaneers at the Georgia Dome on November 1, 2015 in Atlanta, Georgia. Getty Images

The Falcons added Derrick Shelby to their defensive line on Wednesday and they also held onto defensive end Adrian Clayborn.

According to multiple reports, it’s a two-year deal with a base value of $9 million that could go up as high as $14 million.

Clayborn signed with the Falcons last year after missing all but one game of the 2014 season with the Buccaneers with a torn biceps. Clayborn spent four seasons with Tampa after being picked in the first round of the 2011 draft and had 13 sacks, although he also missed 13 games after hurting his knee in 2012.

He played in every game for Atlanta, starting four times, and had three sacks for a team that only had 19 of them in total.

The hope is that Clayborn, Shelby and Vic Beasley can produce more of them next season, although the Falcons shouldn’t stop looking for players who could help put some teeth into the defense next season.

Permalink 2 Comments Feed for comments Latest Stories in: Atlanta Falcons, Home, Rumor Mill
2 Responses to “Falcons re-sign Adrian Clayborn”
  1. ppc50 says: Mar 9, 2016 10:16 PM

    I guess the Cowboys will be doing nothing in FA, aside from McClain which is great

  2. bornahawker says: Mar 9, 2016 10:58 PM

    Go Adrian!
    Go Hawkeyes!
    Go Hawks!

Leave a Reply

You must be logged in to leave a comment. Not a member? Register now!