Dak Prescott expresses remorse for “misjudgment”

Zz0yMTY4YWZhYmIwYzQyZTc5OTFlNmEyOWE1ZmYwNjExYw== AP

A day after his arrest for suspicion of DUI, former Mississippi State and 2016 draft prospect quarterback Dak Prescott issued a statement expressing regret (shocker) for the situation.

“I want to make a statement, and first take complete responsibility for my actions,” Prescott wrote in a statement released to multiple members of the media. “I’m very remorseful for my misjudgment. I want to apologize to my true supporters, my family, Mississippi State University, the NFL, and the kids who look up to me. I won’t ask for forgiveness; however, I’ll show the true man I am and exhibit my character through my actions and behavior moving forward.”

Issuing a statement like this while facing criminal charges carries risk, since anything he says can and will be used against him in court. The statement feels like a confession, even if the only thing he has admitted to is a “misjudgment.”

The arrest came two days after the Mississippi State Pro Day workout.

It’s unclear whether and to what extent the arrest will impact Prescott’s draft stock. It definitely won’t help, especially after the misadventures of Johnny Manziel. Though he was never arrested for DUI, Manziel’s alcohol use contributed to his termination by the Browns after only two years.

Permalink 18 Comments Feed for comments Latest Stories in: Home, Rumor Mill
18 Responses to “Dak Prescott expresses remorse for “misjudgment””
  1. whenwilliteverend says: Mar 13, 2016 5:49 PM

Didn’t he say something similar at the NFL combine? One would have to question his sincerity. Here’s what he really wanted to say…

I’m very remorseful that my misjudgment is going to cost me a lot of money. I won’t ask for forgiveness because I’ll probably do this again. I’ll just show you how little character I have by my nonsensical actions and behavior.

2. dolphins4 says: Mar 13, 2016 5:50 PM

I wonder if he is another Manziel.

3. golforepar says: Mar 13, 2016 5:52 PM

You can understand having some drinks but you have to wonder why he would risk driving drunk RIGHT NOW!! dumb

4. barrymichaels61 says: Mar 13, 2016 5:52 PM

He should be commended for accepting responsibly, he is forgiven. 🙂

5. hawkforlife says: Mar 13, 2016 5:54 PM

But only to his “true” supporters. What a crock.

6. Bizzareslantpass says: Mar 13, 2016 6:01 PM

And he got his butt kicked on Spring Break? I was hoping this dude would pan out. Not a great start for someone who’s leadership is supposed to be one of his strengths!

7. broncodanny says: Mar 13, 2016 6:09 PM

Jerrah Jones…. Line 1…

8. wyrdawg says: Mar 13, 2016 6:25 PM

Actually, good for the NFL teams looking at this cat. It puts him where he’s supposed to be on anyone’s draft chart: 5th rounder. No second guessing that.

Then, I think about Warren Sapp and his positive MJ test at the combine..

.. we all saw how that ended up. We also saw the after affects of a man-child gone wild when the NFL was done with him. And you know that wasn’t his first rodeo.

“Man’s gonna play” vs. “Man’s gonna play in the NFL and inspire..”

Is it really all cut and dried like that? Is it that simple?

Sorry… more than 75 words there.

9. wildbill7200 says: Mar 13, 2016 6:28 PM

What is “Suspicion” of DUI.

10. Philly Eagles In 20xx? says: Mar 13, 2016 6:33 PM

S T R I K E 1

11. ilovefoolsball says: Mar 13, 2016 6:37 PM

It’s fine to drink just be like Bernie and don’t own a car so you can never get caught drunk driving.

12. hahalolrofl says: Mar 13, 2016 6:42 PM

Dak.

The name sometimes says it all.

13. eagles1960 says: Mar 13, 2016 6:52 PM

Shame, it cost you money dude.

14. jb11152 says: Mar 13, 2016 6:57 PM

Let me ask you all this :
    Would this type of thing ever happen to Andrew luck ? Or Andy Dalton? How about Matt Ryan, or Joe Flacco, or Derek Carr? Shall I go on?? This kid isn’t sorry. He is sorry he got caught. He has BUST written on his forehead

15. suncawy says: Mar 13, 2016 7:11 PM

Everbody remember, Shane Ray from last year ? Although, Ray was caught with pot. These kids need to be a little smarter than this, but don’t think he’s another Manziel.

16. bassplucker says: Mar 13, 2016 7:46 PM

This “misjudgment” won’t cost him millions – he’s (was) a low 3rd-round prospect at best – but it could easily cost him many thousands. It’s what, 4 months from the end of bowl season to the NFL draft? And these kids can’t keep their lives on the straight and narrow for 4 months with dollars like this at stake. Hard to imagine, especially for the prospects (and there are a lot of them) who have been dirt poor pretty much their entire lives.

17. bubbybrister/shovelpass says: Mar 13, 2016 9:05 PM

“I’m very remorseful for my misjudgment” Only a Dak would believe that he wrote that. Who talks like that? I might believe him if he had said, “sorry. My bad, bro.”

18. torebear says: Mar 14, 2016 5:39 AM

Not a good look for a QB.