T.J. Ward: Derek Wolfe told Tom Brady he was going to eat his kids

mike-tyson-getty-images-al-bello Getty Images

Broncos safety T.J. Ward, like so many of his current and former teammates, have become darlings of the media in the 37 days since winning the Super Bowl. On Monday, Ward passed along an anecdote that carried little or no inherent charm.

Appearing on ESPN’s Highly Questionable (via Nicki Jhabvala of the Denver Post), Ward explained the on-field demeanor of teammate Derek Wolfe.

“His presence, he’s a dog on the field and he really doesn’t take any mess from any one. Having him there up front, he set the tone for us,” Ward said, before providing a specific example.

“I heard him hit somebody with the Mike Tyson,” Ward said. “He told someone he was gonna eat their kids. . . . That was an opposing player. That was, um, Tom Brady. I think he told Tom Brady that.”

Permalink 63 Comments Feed for comments Latest Stories in: Denver Broncos, Home, New England Patriots, Rumor Mill
63 Responses to “T.J. Ward: Derek Wolfe told Tom Brady he was going to eat his kids”
  1. John Harbaugh Is A Sad, Whiney Middle Aged Woman says: Mar 15, 2016 12:06 PM

He then proceeded to do exactly that. Never have I seen the Greatest Cheater of All Time so rattled, so panicked, so completely out of sorts on the field. It’s as if the Deflator missed the team bus that day or something. He was shaking in his Uggs.

2. audge86 says: Mar 15, 2016 12:07 PM

The Broncos are a disgusting team and organization

3. walker615 says: Mar 15, 2016 12:07 PM

Please no fake outrage over this.. That’s honestly pretty funny

4. jeffnfl says: Mar 15, 2016 12:09 PM

He could afford to pay someone to do it for him….if he had half a brain and waited to hit FA like Malik did.

5. rhamrhoddy says: Mar 15, 2016 12:09 PM

HES outRAGEOUS!!

6. wjmoffatt says: Mar 15, 2016 12:10 PM

Well damn

7. orivar says: Mar 15, 2016 12:12 PM

At least he didn’t invoke the other Tyson line about, well you know, being passionate with him enough to find it loving.

8. patsxsaintsfan says: Mar 15, 2016 12:12 PM

That’s just dumb I hate when players being off the field stuff on the field like Greg hardy about Bortles and Brady’s wife’s. I love when Steve smith beat down on someone and told him he would beat them if he ever saw him in the streets but I can’t remember who it was. Regardless that’s who I want on my team the guy who ends stuff like that not who starts it.

9. intrafinesse says: Mar 15, 2016 12:12 PM

That terrible. The NFL can’t condone canibalism.
    The NFL must get tough on this.
    I think a life time ban is in order.
    In fact, the team should be docked all their draft picks, and fines $1,000,000 as well.

Imagine the horror of talking trash.
    You should only say nice things to the opponents, like:
    Uh, Gee, I hope the best team wins. Good Luck.
    😉

>>Wolfe publicly has said he both hates and respects the Patriots. It’s hard not to wonder, given Ward’s words, whether Wolfe is the Broncos defender who wanted to do something nasty to Brady when they played in the AFC title game.

10. steelbreeze676 says: Mar 15, 2016 12:14 PM

They did something nasty, they made him lose. I wish they would have gotten more 15 yard penalties. If you win you get to talk smack.

11. spoilerfutbol says: Mar 15, 2016 12:15 PM

He told “im going to send HGH to your wife”

12. gopatriotsgo says: Mar 15, 2016 12:15 PM

Did Wolfe not take his seizure medication?

13. mdsayre says: Mar 15, 2016 12:16 PM

A little psychological warfare in the trenches never hurt anyone. I’m pretty sure that happens every game.

14. 700levelvet says: Mar 15, 2016 12:17 PM

The ridiculousness of this is what makes it so funny. Seriously, does anyone think this actually affects whom it’s directed to? No matter who it is.They might fall over laughing…

15. swineflooo says: Mar 15, 2016 12:20 PM

Typical broncos classless player. I wouldnt expect anything else from this team full of cheap shot artists

16. jmc000 says: Mar 15, 2016 12:21 PM

@John Harbaugh Is A Sad

ya he was so rattled in that game that he was a missed XP and his coach deciding not to kick a FG with 5 minutes left in the game away from going to his 7th SB. Idiot.

17. iowamiah says: Mar 15, 2016 12:21 PM

So did he eat his kids then? Because if not, who care?. Pretty empty threat.

Yeah Derek….you’re going to eat my kids and I’m going to pick my teeth with your bones.

18. TB12RALLYCRY says: Mar 15, 2016 12:22 PM

Brady always gets the last laugh…..Denver will be no different….Bradys got it filed under D ……for Denver , Derek and Dumb and after there turnover of a offseason…..Defeated………..

19. pedmeg says: Mar 15, 2016 12:22 PM

In addition to shrinking your assets, PEDs will make you do and say some pretty crazy stuff.

20. subotai1 says: Mar 15, 2016 12:24 PM

Please as bad as Tom looked that day he still put them in a position to win that game in the end. First poster is probably a jets fan who hasn’t seen competent QB play since Namath was wearing pantyhose.

21. flash1287 says: Mar 15, 2016 12:25 PM

John Harbaugh Is A Sad, Whiney Middle Aged Woman says:
    Mar 15, 2016 12:06 PM

Yes he was so ” rattled, so panicked , so completely out of sorts on the field” yet managed to bring his team back to within a 2 point conversion of sending the game into OT.

Go figure….

22. cross300 says: Mar 15, 2016 12:25 PM

Brady will use this as motivation when they meet again. The Patriots will play better next time so good luck Broncos.

23. daneraider1 says: Mar 15, 2016 12:27 PM

Second coming of Alzado. Cant wait for him to be a Raider.

24. rhamrhoddy says: Mar 15, 2016 12:30 PM

The part that seems odd is him saying “ummm, I think it was Tom Brady”. Just seems you would remember that part clearly.

“Ummm it was eitherrrr Tom Brady or a special teams guy”

25. orangecrush78 says: Mar 15, 2016 12:30 PM

It’s just a mind games comment. It’s actually kinda funny, and a bit unoriginal. I am sure guys hear worse things every game.

26. jag1959 says: Mar 15, 2016 12:31 PM

Disgusting…classless…blah…blah
    Have any of the folks that trot those comments out over something said on the field ever played a contact sport? That was pretty tame

27. vancouversportsbro says: Mar 15, 2016 12:32 PM

I wouldn’t eat his kids but I did love seeing the cheater get rattled and throw a nice interception to Von Miller.

28. willycents says: Mar 15, 2016 12:35 PM

to y’all who are feigning outrage and revenge over this: When they publish what Brady told Von Miller he was going to do to his mother after the game, you will understand why Miller was such a beast.

29. boyso3 says: Mar 15, 2016 12:36 PM

I’m actually more curious about what Brady said back to him. He has such a cool and composed demeanor off the field but I’ve heard other players say that he talks as much crap as anyone out there. I wish they were all mic’ed up cause getting to hear the on field chatter is awesome. They do that a lot in hockey and to hear the exchanges between the players is priceless. I wish we had more of that in sports.

30. weepingjebus says: Mar 15, 2016 12:37 PM

“Hey Derek, at least my kids are sure I’m their father. Say hi to your wife for me.”

31. xilikemenx says: Mar 15, 2016 12:39 PM

Tammy immediately ran to the refs and screamed for a flag.

32. jimmyt says: Mar 15, 2016 12:41 PM

His wife then offered herself to spare her children.

33. tajuara says: Mar 15, 2016 12:41 PM

Go figure….
    —————————————————–
    After the two start safeties went down.

Go figure…

34. byrnestj7 says: Mar 15, 2016 12:41 PM

I’ve heard worse things in HS football

35. thebirdofprey says: Mar 15, 2016 12:41 PM

One thing I was say is the Broncos hit Brady as hard and often as any QB in the last few years playoffs or non playoffs.

At the end Brady was still game. Cam Newton was a broken player worried about the possibility of being hurt.

36. RegisHawk says: Mar 15, 2016 12:44 PM

Brady’s kids were his second choice because Greg Hardy had dibs on Giselle.

37. joker65 says: Mar 15, 2016 12:44 PM

When Tyson said, I half believed it. Wolfe saying it is just kind of funny stuff, not trash talk. Nothing wrong with talking, but this is more funny than trash talk. No one believes hes really going to eat his kids. If I was Brady I’d actually laugh if I heard that

38. steelerben says: Mar 15, 2016 12:45 PM

Not as good as, “You ain’t Russell Wilson, bro,” but still funny. If you’re going with old material you’re better off sticking to “How’s your wife and my kids?”

39. paulrevereshorse1775 says: Mar 15, 2016 12:47 PM

Pat’s fan here and I think it is funny. A lot of people need to get a grip here.

40. davikes says: Mar 15, 2016 12:47 PM

Guarantee the Pats use their first round pick on an O-lineman. Oh, wait a minute…

41. churchofthehoody says: Mar 15, 2016 12:50 PM

So professional athletes talk trash on the field???

Well that is shocking…

42. Aybtcr475 says: Mar 15, 2016 12:59 PM

Denver’s defense pummelled tawmy crybrady in the AFCCG.

43. proudchowdahead13 says: Mar 15, 2016 1:01 PM

The Broncos won the game by 2 points. Why do their players and fans act as is it was a blow out?

44. flexx91 says: Mar 15, 2016 1:03 PM

Yeah, a lot or people need to get a grip including some reporter who just needs a story to continue to earn a paycheck. If you played organized football before on any level, you’ve heard a lot worse……

45. tattooit says: Mar 15, 2016 1:04 PM

Awesome, and I’m sure Brady would agree.

46. xilikemenx says: Mar 15, 2016 1:04 PM

Tammy ran to the refs and screamed for a flag.

47. peytonwantsaflag says: Mar 15, 2016 1:06 PM

as kids go, I bet they are delicious.

48. paulrevereshorse1775 says: Mar 15, 2016 1:06 PM

I’ve said worse to people I’ve played golf with.

49. rootpain says: Mar 15, 2016 1:18 PM

That’s pretty sad right there. I know for a fact that Peyton promised everyone on the team all the Papa John’s Pizza and Budweiser they could eat and drink. Who in their right mind would turn that down just to snack on a couple of little kids.
    Knowing Peyton’s offer, I don’t think Brady was too concerned.

50. sigbouncer says: Mar 15, 2016 1:20 PM

Mmmm, mmmm…tastes like chicken.

51. surfinbird1 says: Mar 15, 2016 1:26 PM

Wow, now that’s a tough guy. Too bad he’s brain dead when it comes to contracts.
    Btw, it’s too funny to hear Bronco fans call anybody cheater.

52. enoughofthatalready says: Mar 15, 2016 1:37 PM

There is something better he could have wanted to eat instead. What was he thinking?

53. stealthjunk says: Mar 15, 2016 2:19 PM

All the faux outrage against the Broncos here is gratifying. It’s good to be king!

It’s also fun to relive the beating that Denver’s defense put on Brady. It doesn’t matter if it’s been Tim Tebow, Brian Griese, Jake Plummer, Kyle Orton, Brock Osweiler, or Peyton Manning at QB — Brady can’t win in Denver.

54. lanman11 says: Mar 15, 2016 2:21 PM

Brady was a gamer that day, as usual. He had them in position for a potential win, as usual. People can’t see greatness until a player is retired and no longer a threat to them, as usual.

It is dawning on me that there may be a race angle to this player hating on Brady.

55. xilikemenx says: Mar 15, 2016 2:33 PM

Hello Tammy. Are the orange lambs still screaming?

56. hehateme2 says: Mar 15, 2016 2:34 PM

brady is a clown… no wonder everyone is calling for his tutu.

cheater*

57. thegreatgabbert says: Mar 15, 2016 2:42 PM

” And then the big bad Wolfe ate up all the Little Brady-Bunchdens. The end.

58. mistrezzrachael says: Mar 15, 2016 2:56 PM

weepingjebus says:
    Mar 15, 2016 12:37 PM

Gotta say…that one made me laugh. Was probably Brady’s comeback

59. thegreatgabbert says: Mar 15, 2016 2:56 PM

“I’ll huff, and I’ll puff, and I’ll EAT YOUR CHILDREN UP!” roared the Big Bad Wolfe.

But you know how that turned out.

60. 46namredyps11 says: Mar 15, 2016 4:26 PM

And the Pats were only a botched PAT from being the team beating from Carolina, Denver was terrified of the prospect of OT…..Oh well, maybe next time.

61. patsfan4lifesbchamps says: Mar 15, 2016 5:42 PM

This explains why Manning managed to score twice as many TDs as Brady. Wolfe got into his head.

62. fanofpft says: Mar 15, 2016 8:26 PM

No wonder he never tried to run with the ball. Everyone who did got body slammed.

63. 1historian says: Mar 21, 2016 7:30 AM

All you Brady haters – wouldn’t you just LOVE to have him playing for your team?

In any case thanks for the laughs

Suggestion – some writer do a “where are they now?” on both of them 10 years after they retire.