John Harbaugh on Tray Walker: “Oh my God. This is devastating news.”

Baltimore Ravens head coach John Harbaugh watches from the sideline in the second half of a preseason NFL football game against the Washington Redskins, Saturday, Aug. 29, 2015, in Baltimore. (AP Photo/Nick Wass) AP

The Baltimore Ravens have released a statement regarding the motorcycle accident involving cornerback Tray Walker in Miami on Thursday night.

The team said Walker is in critical condition at Jackson Memorial Hospital in Miami after what they called “a serious motorbike accident.”

Ravens head coach John Harbaugh expressed his shock over the incident in the statement released by the team.

“Oh my God. This is devastating news. Our prayers and hopes are with Tray and his family tonight,” Harbaugh said.

A Miami native, Walker was a fourth-round draft pick by Baltimore last year. He appeared in eight games for the Ravens last season and recorded two tackles.

Permalink 74 Comments Feed for comments Latest Stories in: Baltimore Ravens, Rumor Mill, Top Stories
74 Responses to “John Harbaugh on Tray Walker: “Oh my God. This is devastating news.””
  1. weepingjebus says: Mar 17, 2016 11:08 PM

Awful, let’s hope for the best.

2. arb927 says: Mar 17, 2016 11:13 PM

Hope he was wearing a helmet… Motorcycles just aren’t worth it when you have so much to live for… Too much risk… Praying for him and his family

3. choubdynasty says: Mar 17, 2016 11:15 PM

Prayers go out to him and his family. Its devasting to hear such a news…..

4. ohand16 says: Mar 17, 2016 11:19 PM

I’m just hoping this young man pulls through and recovers from his injuries.

5. shadywarrior says: Mar 17, 2016 11:41 PM

Terrible. Hoping for the best for Tray. Hang in there, bud.

6. bostonpatriots1stfan says: Mar 17, 2016 11:46 PM

God bless…

7. donnymacjack says: Mar 18, 2016 12:22 AM

Prayers…

8. scottbrowning2 says: Mar 18, 2016 12:23 AM

Horrible news. I wish him the best for his recovery.

9. jssebastian2014 says: Mar 18, 2016 12:32 AM

Florida doesn’t have a helmet law. I sincerely hope he had one on anyway, and hope the prognosis is good.

Been in a Moto accident and my helmet saved my life. I hope he ends up able to say the same.

10. catquick says: Mar 18, 2016 12:33 AM

GOD bless! and please help the midget mind who thumbs down.

11. cheffyglenn says: Mar 18, 2016 12:33 AM

S
    Heard there might have been an unnamed Patriots player with him.

12. daytontriangles says: Mar 18, 2016 12:44 AM

Far too young to be facing a situation like this. I hope he recovers.

13. justintuckrule says: Mar 18, 2016 12:55 AM

Another chick texting and driving I bet. Needs to be zero tolerance for that like drinking and driving. Text once and you should kiss your license goodbye for 6 months. Texting kills more than drunk driving.

14. markcrodriguez says: Mar 18, 2016 1:34 AM

To all a people that are giving a thumbs down to the comments for this player’s recovery and prayers out to him and his family…show a little class!!!

15. chargerdillon says: Mar 18, 2016 1:47 AM

As somebody who rides a real manly scooter I can tell you first hand as I commuted to work for a couple years on it… not a single day went by I wasn’t almost killed by a car especially in this age of idiots on cellphones.

The only reason I wont get a motorcycle is because I know it would be the death of me.

Hope he survives and recovers.

16. boltergeist19 says: Mar 18, 2016 2:01 AM

I only wish the very best for a recovery and may God bless his recovery and his loved ones-family, friends, and teammates. 🙏

17. namriverrat69 says: Mar 18, 2016 2:21 AM

Cars don’t look for or respect motorcycles. Just about everyone who owns a bike has some type of accident from big to the smallest, even just dumping it . I was hit by a car running a red light in 1981. Stupidly I had no helmet. I was going to buy one the very next day.c I wrecked my knees. I never rode again even though I wanted to. God saved my life (again) and gave me another chance and I wasn’t going to blow it.

I pray Tray Walker recovers from his injuries.

18. maiphatdong says: Mar 18, 2016 2:47 AM

they’re looking for a patriots player that was there when it happened….

19. theallegedone says: Mar 18, 2016 3:00 AM

I will NEVER understand how people give a thumbs down to comments like “I hope he has a full recovery” and “God bless him”. There’s some pathetic people in this world. Maybe people should pray for them.

20. babygaga19 says: Mar 18, 2016 3:19 AM

I am amazed how the Fan Boy Army always has prayers for the athletes they don’t and never will know yet said Army never has prayers for those they do know and which are in need.

21. therealmccoy25 says: Mar 18, 2016 4:19 AM

Prayers going out to Tray, his family, and the Raven’s Organization! We are all Raven’s fans tonight! Get well soon!

22. holeinone09 says: Mar 18, 2016 6:12 AM

Thoughts and prayers to Tray and his family from this Steeler fan. Terrible news.

23. bpacha76 says: Mar 18, 2016 6:28 AM

I know everyone has the right to pick their mode if transportation but seriously enough enough. Why are they still legal?!?! Seriously MOTO X, TV and movies, and events with pro riders and THATS IT!!!! TOO DANGEROUS!!!!!

24. troy43mvp says: Mar 18, 2016 6:44 AM

Thoughts and prayers.

25. alfredogarciashead says: Mar 18, 2016 7:04 AM

Even with a helmet on if you wreck a motorcycle you will be lucky to come out just the way you were before. Very little margin for error.

26. paulrevereshorse1775 says: Mar 18, 2016 7:09 AM

Best wishes for Tray and his family.

27. davebarnes21 says: Mar 18, 2016 7:44 AM

john is being clearly deceptive.

28. davebarnes21 says: Mar 18, 2016 7:44 AM

but in all seriousness – hope this kid is OK!

29. bearpitt says: Mar 18, 2016 8:02 AM

I heard he was riding a dirt bike at night with no lights and got hit by a car.

30. bigdingyguy says: Mar 18, 2016 8:10 AM

I’m praying for the best. I can tell you first hand how rough it is riding in Miami/Dade. People just don’t look.

31. steamingpilerex says: Mar 18, 2016 8:29 AM

Not what I wanted to hear on Friday – my prayers to him & his family

32. pftcancer says: Mar 18, 2016 8:32 AM

Thoughts and prayers to this young man and his family. In the best case scenario, I hope he can still play football. If not, I hope that he and his family are taken care of. Speedy recovery young man!

33. enoughofthatalready says: Mar 18, 2016 8:56 AM

steelers fan hoping for a quick recovery.

34. mmmpierogi says: Mar 18, 2016 9:04 AM

Motorcycle accidents are a nightmare. Best of luck to him and his family.

35. natejthompson says: Mar 18, 2016 9:07 AM

Of course they are looking for unnamed patriot for questioning (Dobson)

36. ntewsr says: Mar 18, 2016 9:08 AM

Prayers for him and his family

37. 757ravensfan says: Mar 18, 2016 9:09 AM

Why ANYONE would down vote the prayers and well wishes towards a man fighting for his life is despicable. This isn’t about football or the team he plays for. This is about someone’s life! SMDH!!

38. pkrlvr says: Mar 18, 2016 9:15 AM

Why are 30 plus people thumbs downing these get well wishes? Weird.

39. breadmeatcheese says: Mar 18, 2016 9:20 AM

40. quizlingclinic says: Mar 18, 2016 9:33 AM

Any of you Internet sleuths know who the Patriot player rumored to have been with him is?

41. rootpain says: Mar 18, 2016 9:33 AM

Thoughts and prayers are with him.

42. seattlesue427 says: Mar 18, 2016 9:33 AM

From latest reports, all night surgery and still in critical condition. What a shame!

43. quizlingclinic says: Mar 18, 2016 9:37 AM

“eadmeatcheese says:
    Mar 18, 2016 9:20 AM
    It is being reported, no helmet, no working headlights, dark clothes, severe head trauma. So sad if these things are true, football is secondary now. Hope Ravens will take care of him forever.”

It’s obviously a tragedy, but why would the Ravens take care of him forever? He made his choices and this had nothing to do with his employer. If you wrapped your car around a tree in the middle of the night in a comparable manner, would you expect your employer to take care of you?

44. beerbudsnbevo says: Mar 18, 2016 9:39 AM

Two kinds of people ride motorcycles.

Those who have crashed

Those who haven’t crashed… Yet.

45. cheatustobeatus says: Mar 18, 2016 9:43 AM

pkrlvr says:
    Mar 18, 2016 9:15 AM

Why are 30 plus people thumbs downing these get well wishes? Weird.

Sad and pathetic is more like it. But to answer your original question.. Because this site is a home for trolls, haters, keyboard tough guys, and scum.

46. breadmeatcheese says: Mar 18, 2016 9:48 AM

I am sacrifice goat to sun god Rah, and punch eldest sun in ball to pacify osiris, and his sister to help hims.

47. 757ravensfan says: Mar 18, 2016 9:49 AM

For those DOWN voting the prayers for this young man, I pray and hope you or anyone you’re close to doesn’t have to experience what Walker is going through right now. B/C I know for a fact you would want everyone you know praying for you and yours.

48. khenien says: Mar 18, 2016 9:55 AM

Who the hell honestly cares about down votes dude? I don’t know what’s worse, the people who down vote or the people who complain about people who down vote?

Wishing/Praying for the best for Tray.

49. sporting4231 says: Mar 18, 2016 9:57 AM

breadmeatcheese says:
    Mar 18, 2016 9:48 AM
    ________________________

Oh, be real. Rah doesn’t take goat sacrifices and certainly wouldn’t approve of a sun being punched. Go back to Sun-day school. SMDH

50. breadmeatcheese says: Mar 18, 2016 10:03 AM

—

—

Not saying they have to, or they should, but he is their family, and paying his monthly health insurance premium would cost them about 1/quadrillionth of wht they bring in.

51. sabatimus says: Mar 18, 2016 10:06 AM

Horrible to have this happen, but what would any sane person expect when you ride a dirt bike in dark clothes after dark, with no lights on?

52. jonwill57 says: Mar 18, 2016 10:07 AM

breadmeatcheese says:
    Mar 18, 2016 9:20 AM

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
    It would be nice if Ravens do that, but I’m not sure if they are obligated, especially since it’s not a football (employment) related injury.

Hope the young man recovers to live a meaningful life.

53. richardernsberger says: Mar 18, 2016 10:14 AM

You ride a motorcycle regularly, you are risking serious injury. And to not wear a helmet? Yikes. I have a relative who’s an EMT, and, unsurprisingly, most of the fatalities he sees are motorcycle accidents.

54. breadmeatcheese says: Mar 18, 2016 10:16 AM

Just read a woman ran a stop sign, and hit him; the patriot wanted for questioning is aaron dobson. If these things are true then the woman should have her life permanently changed for the worse, and aaron dobson should help care for his friend.

55. steelerstrong says: Mar 18, 2016 10:18 AM

Wish him a speedy recovery.

56. shlort says: Mar 18, 2016 10:23 AM

Sad news for the young man and his family. It never ceases to amaze me the risks people take. Especially people whose livelihood is dependent on them being physically able to perform a job. Hopefully the kid recovers enough to have a life worth living.

57. rabidbillsfan says: Mar 18, 2016 10:25 AM

@breadmeatcheese

Well, if it’s true he didn’t have working lights, he is just as much as fault as the one who ran the light, they both are traffic infractions. And yes, I understand they aren’t exactly on the same level, but you can’t avoid what you can’t see, law abiding or not. Either way, good luck in recovery, and this had better be a message to all of those out there, it’s not worth leaving the brain bucket at home, wear a dam helmet.

58. silvernblacksabbath says: Mar 18, 2016 10:28 AM

Not an advocate for motorcycles at all but if you’re going to ride, at least wear a helmet and neon green or orange…

59. silvernblacksabbath says: Mar 18, 2016 10:30 AM

Car ran a stop sign.. Same thing happened to my uncle on his Harley.. Now his leg is amputated below the knee…

60. dolphinsruleall says: Mar 18, 2016 10:36 AM

757ravensfan says:
    Mar 18, 2016 9:49 AM

___________

Perhaps, consider the fact that a certain percentage of people do not pray, and a percentage of those people think it’s a completely meaningless gesture. I didn’t personally vote on any comments, I’m just saying, not everyone espouses the same beliefs. Some of us have no use for religious practice.

61. mmmpierogi says: Mar 18, 2016 11:10 AM

breadmeatcheese says:
    Mar 18, 2016 10:16 AM

************************************************************************

A little harsh when we don’t even know the full story. I have close calls all the time with people running stop signs while I’m out running. 9 times out of 10, it’s because they don’t see the stop sign to even know it’s there or they notice it after it’s too late to stop. If that’s the case, it’s just as much (or more) the municipality’s fault as it is the driver’s.

Could turn out that the driver knew the sign was there and just chose to blow through it, but probably wouldn’t jump to conclusions about that yet.

62. nyneal says: Mar 18, 2016 11:12 AM

My brother was a life long motorcycle rider, having ridden for over 50 years.

I say was, because he finally gave it up. He always said it isn’t IF you have an accident on a motorcycle — it’s WHEN. Luckily for him, he never had a serious one. He did have a couple of close calls though, and did slide down on gravel once trying to avoid a car backing out of a driveway without looking and ripped his skin up pretty good.

He says he was more afraid of cars or trucks hitting him than anything he would do to cause an accident. He said the most dangerous frequent incidents are usually because cars see you coming but pull out into your lane anyway. He says they think to themselves, ” it’s only a motorcycle and they can stop”.

I hope this kid survives with no long term effects.

63. mdl1952 says: Mar 18, 2016 11:22 AM

Praying for Tray and his family. Thanks to all the NFL fans who have put their differences aside and asked for God’s healing.

64. bcknights says: Mar 18, 2016 11:59 AM

Why do people give thumbs down on praying comments? I just don’t get it!
    Thoughts and prayers to him and his family.

65. thefavorite77 says: Mar 18, 2016 12:07 PM

As someone who rides and as a Steelers fan I want to say I wish this young man the best!

I ‘ve said a prayer for his recovery and hope he has all the strength necessary to make a full recovery.

66. lscottman3 says: Mar 18, 2016 12:10 PM

Wide receiver Aaron Dobson, in Miami for some offseason training, sent a Snapchat video Friday denying rumors that he’s the unnamed Patriots player the police are searching for.

Dobson also tweeted Friday morning that he was with Houston Texans wide receiver DeAndre Hopkins on Thursday night.

67. AtkinseatsyourOL says: Mar 18, 2016 12:48 PM

a bengals fan here. This is beyond football hoping for a full and speedy recovery

68. jaxon51 says: Mar 18, 2016 12:52 PM

Awful news, prayers to this guy and his family and Raven nation.

69. annes22 says: Mar 18, 2016 1:11 PM

He was riding at night, with no lights and no helmet.

70. williamshatnerstoupee says: Mar 18, 2016 1:16 PM

I wish this young man the very best and pray for a full recovery.

71. 757ravensfan says: Mar 18, 2016 2:55 PM

====================================

I get that, but why down vote it just b/c you don’t practice it? Especially considering the severity of the situation. If you don’t believe in prayer, that’s your right. But to crap on those who are offering prayer to this young man is pretty damn sad.

72. mmmpierogi says: Mar 18, 2016 3:25 PM

mmmpierogi says:
    Mar 18, 2016 11:10 AM

************************************************************************

0 9
    ************************************************************************

So, a comment suggesting to wait until the details come out before condemning some random woman causes people to get upset (judging by the thumbs-downs). Apparently was expecting too much when I assumed that people on here would have common sense.

73. zonex74 says: Mar 19, 2016 11:55 AM

Steelers fan here and that’s absolutely devastating. Was praying for him but I guess it was his time. Thoughts and prayers to the family and team.

74. rickochey says: Mar 19, 2016 1:37 PM

sad, i hate hearing of motorcycle deaths, I lost an awesome uncle and young kid who was in the military due to Mbike accidents.

prayers to the family.