Rams get the call to be on “Hard Knocks” this year

St Louis Rams v San Francisco 49ers Getty Images

The Rams are already getting the Tinseltown treatement.

According to Sam Farmer of the Los Angeles Times, the Rams’ return to Los Angeles will be documented by HBO’s “Hard Knocks” this summer.

“It’s clear both in Southern California and nationwide there’s significant interest in the return of the Rams to Los Angeles, and it seemed like a very good year to give people a look at our franchise and our players,” Rams COO Kevin Demoff said.  “We have one of the youngest teams, a lot of talented players — back-to-back rookies of the year — that we want people to start to get exposure to. What better way to do that than ‘Hard Knocks’?”

NFL Films is already shooting footage of the relocation, which is happening as we speak.

It’s a fascinating moment in league history, and makes it a natural for a show that does such a good job of taking us behind the scenes.

Permalink 29 Comments Feed for comments Latest Stories in: Home, Los Angeles Rams, Rumor Mill
29 Responses to “Rams get the call to be on “Hard Knocks” this year”
  1. ctiggs says: Mar 23, 2016 10:05 AM

We continue to LOL at the Lambs, their QB’s, and coaches are a joke. #noOnehasitbetter

2. brian55906 says: Mar 23, 2016 10:07 AM

It should have been the Bills…… Rex Ryan / Rob Ryan / Incognito / Tyrod Taylor / pressure to end the 16 season post season drought……

That would have been much more compelling than watching Case Keenum take 1st string reps as the starting QB of the Rams.

3. Florio Believer says: Mar 23, 2016 10:07 AM

The last team I have an interest in are the Rams….with the worst Head Coach in the league, it’s hard to even watch them when they play my team.

4. SexBoat Captain says: Mar 23, 2016 10:08 AM

This is going to be fun watching GReg Williams try not to be a dirty ,unethical ,bounty seeker while the cameras around !

5. buffordtjustice says: Mar 23, 2016 10:10 AM

This is interesting. Not a Rams fan but I will actually watch this show this year. Been a while since I last checked it out. I also want to see the Rams return to their old colors of blue and yellow.

6. dvdman123 says: Mar 23, 2016 10:10 AM

what in the world is so “Fascinating” about a NFL team moving L.A.? I’m sure we’ll see them moving back out in 2022.

7. cheeks9441 says: Mar 23, 2016 10:14 AM

I know I’m in the minority, but I’m a huge sports fan and I don’t watch Hard Knocks. Never have.

8. jstew0103 says: Mar 23, 2016 10:22 AM

I was initially excited when I read this. Mainly to see Todd Gurley and Aaron Donald as stars. But then I realized it meant episodes of the two dirtiest coaches in the league…Jeff “8-8” Fischer and Greg “The Bounty Hunter” Williams…good call NFL

9. pastanow says: Mar 23, 2016 10:26 AM

Expect cameos from the hottest Hollywood stars pretending to be excited about the return of the NFL, fireworks, military jet flyovers, marching bands and Warren Beatty getting all misty eyed about that epic film in which he played an LA Rams quarterback in 1978’s Heaven Can Wait.

10. cheeks9441 says: Mar 23, 2016 10:29 AM

9 0

Well then, maybe I’m not in the minority after all……

11. Big Ant TV says: Mar 23, 2016 10:33 AM

yay we get too finally
    see how bad a coach jeff fisher is lmao

12. Tuco_S says: Mar 23, 2016 10:34 AM

how has Fisher lasted this long as a coach?

13. vikingforlife says: Mar 23, 2016 10:39 AM

Really. Fascinating? I don’t think so and from every comment I read I think most people agree. The show is a joke and should end now. That being said, really glad my team wasn’t selected!!!

14. egomaniac247 says: Mar 23, 2016 10:47 AM

I can’t say I’m excited at the choice but let’s face it….Hard Knocks does such a damn good job of taking us behind the scenes that an hour long episode seems to go by in about 10 minutes. I’m always left wanting more.

So whether I think the team is a good choice or not, I’ll be watching.

15. 700levelvet says: Mar 23, 2016 10:57 AM

The timing is just irony I suppose…

16. ohand16 says: Mar 23, 2016 10:59 AM

I can’t believe it isn’t the Bills . So many people care about them

17. feckyerlife says: Mar 23, 2016 11:06 AM

I feel like i would’ve waited a year on the Rams, do they even have their own practice facility or anything yet? or are they using Rosebowl/USC for everything

18. pioniere says: Mar 23, 2016 11:10 AM

Glad it’s the Rams and not my team. One less distraction…

19. pooflingingmonkey says: Mar 23, 2016 11:20 AM

They should do a segment on Stan Kroenke’s hairpiece, speculating as to what animal it was made of. I’m guessing it’s made of otter fur.

20. granadafan says: Mar 23, 2016 11:23 AM

Teams that refuse to participate in Hard Knocks should not get a single cent in shared revenue. Same goes with teams that refuse to give up a home game for the overseas games.

21. edrooneyjr says: Mar 23, 2016 11:51 AM

Even if the Rams get a third rookie of the year they will still finish at .500 under Fisher.

22. schmitty2 says: Mar 23, 2016 11:53 AM

“Dirty coaches” Bounty hunter” blah blah blah. You “milennials” area bunch of whiny pansies who probably don’t remember how football was played back in the day. This league has become an embarrassment. Mark my words…in a few years you wont even be able to touch a QB period.

23. lawrencetayloristhebestever says: Mar 23, 2016 12:01 PM

Well, there’s always winning. Why not try that?

24. dcbear90 says: Mar 23, 2016 3:12 PM

Most boring team in the league. Just being in LA won’t be enough to make this compelling.

25. bobnelsonjr says: Mar 23, 2016 3:35 PM

I have not watched this show in many, many years and am unlikely to start this season.

You see emotionally unstable fools lose control and yell meaningless gibberish while childishly throwing objects and you see bad players getting cut. Neither is very interesting.

26. nickp91 says: Mar 23, 2016 4:42 PM

Good choice for Hard Knocks this year I’ll watch the Rams drama

27. ncphinsfan says: Mar 23, 2016 7:14 PM

Yeah, I laugh at all the comments about you don’t watch it… Some one must be because it grows ratings every year. Lets face it…. We do watch it and the team selected really does not matter. Granted teams like the Bills or Texans would be much better for controversy.

28. fearsome4 says: Mar 23, 2016 10:16 PM

Nobody found the Rams boring while they were beating up other teams. I find it highly entertaining.

29. kane337 says: Mar 24, 2016 8:47 AM

I’ll be watching this year as I do every year. It’s a great show if you love football. I think the Rams are a great fit for this year.