Robert Griffin III looks forward to reuniting with Josh Gordon

robert-griffin-10-100215-getty-ftr_1fm37jve71p6y1vmkjhspp9wc5 Getty Images

Former Baylor quarterback Robert Griffin III was the second overall pick in the 2012 draft. A former teammate from Baylor was a second-round pick in the supplemental draft that year.

Both Griffin and Josh Gordon are now under contract with the Browns. Although Gordon remains suspended for multiple violations of the substance-abuse policy, Griffin looks forward to a reunion.

“Josh is family,” Griffin told reporters during his introductory conference call in Cleveland. “We went to Baylor together. I love the guy. I don’t know what’s going to happen with him in the league or with the team, but he always knows that he has a brother in me. If the opportunity comes that he can get reinstated and play for the Browns, then I won’t be upset with that — let’s just put it that way. He is family. At Baylor, we believe in that no matter what happens. We always have your back.”

Gordon has shown significant promise during his relatively brief time of actually playing in the NFL, demonstrating the kind of potential that could make him one of the best receivers in the NFL. Griffin, several years ago, displayed the kind of potential that could make him one of the best young quarterbacks in the NFL.

If Gordon can be available to play and if Griffin can even begin to approach being the guy he was in 2012, the Browns could have an interesting combination at quarterback and receiver in 2016 — and beyond.

Permalink 14 Comments Feed for comments Latest Stories in: Cleveland Browns, Home, Rumor Mill
14 Responses to “Robert Griffin III looks forward to reuniting with Josh Gordon”
  1. steamingpilerex says: Mar 24, 2016 3:51 PM

Oh Boy – one disaster to another !

2. armchairqb says: Mar 24, 2016 4:00 PM

Yikes, going from the Redskins to the Browns? Was RGIII Saddam Hussein in a previous life? He’s clearly being punished.

3. logicalvoicepft says: Mar 24, 2016 4:01 PM

I’ve already ordered my RGIII Browns Jersey online. His is the best QB in the NFL, since Elway.

Forgive me Redskins fans for thinking the world of this guy. He is the most talented player we had in team history outside of Darrell Green and John Riggins. Heartbroken we gave up on him in a favor of a fraud called Cousins. I’m a Redskin fan but wounded. I know more about the Redskins than most of you since you were a gleam in your daddy’s eye!!!

4. kcflake says: Mar 24, 2016 4:11 PM

RG3 got screwed in Wash

5. captainwhodat says: Mar 24, 2016 4:18 PM

if this reunion was a movie, it would be a horror movie…

6. zo121179 says: Mar 24, 2016 4:23 PM

Josh has to stay away from weed and RG3 needs to stay healthy. I don’t see them playing together much, if any.

7. smokingthebowels says: Mar 24, 2016 4:33 PM

I wish him luck in Cleveland. It would actually be pretty cool to see the Browns be consistently good along with my Jets. One can dream

8. ddogdaddy says: Mar 24, 2016 4:41 PM

If I remember right the Browns had the 3rd pick in the draft right behind RG3 at number 2. I am trying to remember how that worked out for them.

9. ocgunslinger says: Mar 24, 2016 4:51 PM

I wish RGIII well in his restarting his career. However, if I am a Browns fan I want them to take the best QB available with their first pick. Rookie contracts are cheap until they find out just what they have with RGIII

10. conciselogic says: Mar 24, 2016 4:57 PM

More raw materials for the Factory of Sadness!

11. nflgtcfl says: Mar 24, 2016 5:07 PM

With all the CLE departures and the bad O-Line RG3 better be able to run.

Fast and frequently.

12. ragnarthemagnificent says: Mar 24, 2016 5:33 PM

Maybe they can add Justin Blackmon too!

13. mortalkondek says: Mar 25, 2016 9:06 AM

He is gonna need Josh if he is to succeed in CLE. So hopefully he gets reinstated soon and stops being a knucklehead. No question the dude can ball.

14. boltergeist19 says: Mar 25, 2016 9:19 AM

Why so they can remanence about the good ol days at Baylor. They will never play at the same time. One will be hurt and the other will be suspended. So they could say they were on the same teams in college and the pros. Good luck just don’t see both doing anything together. 3 is a china doll. And Gordon is wasted talent but Cleveland is used to it I guess.