NFL teams not liking what they hear from Christian Hackenberg

INDIANAPOLIS, IN - FEBRUARY 27: Quarterback Christian Hackenberg of Penn State throws during the 2016 NFL Scouting Combine at Lucas Oil Stadium on February 27, 2016 in Indianapolis, Indiana. (Photo by Joe Robbins/Getty Images) Getty Images

Penn State’s Christian Hackenberg is unusual among quarterback prospects in the NFL draft in that his best season was his freshman season: That year he showed great potential playing for coach Bill O’Brien, but when O’Brien left to coach the Texans, Hackenberg struggled mightily as a sophomore under new coach James Franklin, and only improved slightly in his junior year before leaving school early to turn pro.

Given that history, it’s not surprising that Hackenberg thinks the departure of O’Brien and arrival of Franklin hurt his college career. What is surprising is that Hackenberg turned off NFL teams in private interviews by blaming his problems on Franklin and the Penn State staff.

Two personnel sources on two separate NFL teams told Robert Klemko of TheMMQB.com that Hackenberg said all the wrong things in interviews. Specifically, Hackenberg blamed Franklin when asked what went wrong.

“Despite the fact that it’s probably true, you don’t want to hear a kid say that,” a personnel source on one team said.

As in any job interview, there’s a right way and a wrong way to talk about yourself when you’re a player talking to NFL teams. If Hackenberg says, “I committed to Penn State because I thought Coach O’Brien’s offense would be perfect for me, and after he left I didn’t do a good enough job of adapting to the new offense,” NFL teams aren’t going to have a problem with that. If Hackenberg says, “Coach Franklin didn’t do a good enough job of adapting his offense to me,” NFL teams are going to have a problem with that.

Permalink 89 Comments Feed for comments Latest Stories in: Home, Rumor Mill
89 Responses to “NFL teams not liking what they hear from Christian Hackenberg”
  1. shackdelrio says: Mar 26, 2016 8:13 AM

Sounds like a typical millenial. Blaming everyone but himself.

2. rpiotr01 says: Mar 26, 2016 8:17 AM

By god, NFL teams won’t stand for that kind of honesty. Take him off the board.

3. brenenostler says: Mar 26, 2016 8:21 AM

He’ll fall to the 4th round to the Texans

4. annes22 says: Mar 26, 2016 8:27 AM

Let him drop down in the draft, if you don’t like what he said.
    Maybe he should grow up and become a professional quickly, instead of being an idiot. Obviously had no schooling in how you behave in a rather important interview.

5. fordman84 says: Mar 26, 2016 8:29 AM

If scouts know it’s true, then say the truth. Had he lied they would be saying he said the wrong thing by not being genuine.

6. jbravo2312 says: Mar 26, 2016 8:32 AM

Bottom line, it’s just the fraternity of coaches protecting themselves. Making it taboo to speak poorly of them, the kids probably exactly right.

7. anonymousnevermindfishdeath says: Mar 26, 2016 8:37 AM

I think we found Tony Romo’s backup…..

8. Gary Piserchio says: Mar 26, 2016 8:38 AM

And that’s why so many teams (at any level) suffer. They don’t coach to a player’s strengths. I’ve always wondered how many “busts” were because coaches were too stupid (i.e., read as ego-maniacal) to work with what they had.

9. iammrbinky says: Mar 26, 2016 8:48 AM

Poor coaching staff. Horrible OL. Mediocre QB. Low draft pick. CFL is calling his name.

10. indymarc says: Mar 26, 2016 8:58 AM

Things a millennial will say. “It’s not my fault, it’s yours.”

11. dadsource says: Mar 26, 2016 9:03 AM

Franklin is a horrible coaching. Both his offensive of an defensive coordinators left this year to take other jobs because they know that ship is sinking and he won’t last past next year. Hackenburg is right in every respect and should be honest instead of kissing Franklin’s behind.

12. pastabelly says: Mar 26, 2016 9:13 AM

If the kid is being honest, that’s what you should want. I don’t get teams “not liking what they hear”. That’s a bad way of doing business.

13. bhester1906 says: Mar 26, 2016 9:13 AM

But if Franklin said the he didn’t do a good job adapting to him that’d be cool? At least he is honest IMO.

14. imamarinebiologist says: Mar 26, 2016 9:14 AM

Ryan Mallett part 2. And I agree with the millennial comments. Soft, coddled, enabled kids who’ve never learned responsibility and accountability. Blame blame blame, It’s easier giving than taking.

15. bobc74 says: Mar 26, 2016 9:28 AM

I highly doubt any of Joe Paterno’s graduates ever said dumb things like that in an interview. While Hackenberg may be telling the truth, no interviewer for any job position wants to hear the person they are interviewing say they didn’t perform well at their last position because of a “bad boss”.

16. 2since96 says: Mar 26, 2016 9:30 AM

All the millenial comments are great. Writte. By a bunch of old guys who were too scared to keep it real and bought in to the brainwashing they were being given.

Why should he say its his fault when it wasnt? One coach clearly knew what he was doing and the other didnt.

17. pacodawg says: Mar 26, 2016 9:37 AM

So let me get this straight. Lie?

18. bassplucker says: Mar 26, 2016 9:43 AM

Man talk about a fall from grace. I remember talk of him as a future #1 overall during his freshman year. I still think he gets picked sometime the 2nd day given the shortage of young QB talent in the league right now. How different would his situation be today if he had bolted Penn State after O’Brien left and gone somewhere else? Its kind of ironic because with all these young QBs switching schools the instant there’s a coaching change, Hackenburg stayed with the program and now he’s paying the price for it, literally.

19. whatjusthapped says: Mar 26, 2016 9:44 AM

He attended the Michael Sam School of Media Relations, I’m great and if you don’t agree, there is something wrong with you.

20. j0esixpack says: Mar 26, 2016 9:45 AM

The coaches might not want to hear it, but when you’ve got a team with a talented QB you adapt to your strengths

Belichick has changed his approach from year to year be it on D with a 3-4 or 4-3 or on offense with extra TEs in to block when the OL isn’t up to par

This kid might not be the next Brady in the NFL but in the realm of College ball he might as well have been

If he’s turning off coaches who don’t think he fits their style, so be it

21. hitman8343 says: Mar 26, 2016 9:52 AM

Maybe these NFL sources from two different teams are actually interested in him and are trying to deter others teams from drafting him. That has never happened before, has it!

22. hamlet423 says: Mar 26, 2016 9:59 AM

Coaches in these interviews are…exactly how nfl coaches are suppose to be. Completely closed minded and limited in their thinking.

They want every player to fit the exact same mold. And when they don’t they freak out. Even over minor details.

Andy Dalton was asked why there are no hall of fame qbs with red hair. Red hair is a, red flag apparently.

Cam Newton was asked a series of questions that lead to a team noting that he must have some kind of trouble with authority. I believe it started with something about dogs and cats and farm animals.

Dez Bryant was asked about if his mother was a prostitute. I wonder how he handled that question?

My favorite may be Marcus Mariota. After his interviews an unnamed NFL team member said “he has no red flags. That in of itself is a red flag.”

Also keep in mind that teams are floating these things out there in hopes that certain players drop on the board so they may have a better chance to draft them.

So despite all the negative comments, no easy way to know what is real and what is not.

I will say Hackenberg has nfl talent, but QB may be the biggest leap to make from college to the pro level.

Although with so many college QBs playing in a spread offense that makes it even tougher to make the jump to an nfl offense, scouts are going nuts he didn’t do well in a spread offense. And he even says –i suck in a spread offense and coach made me run it anyway. But dont tell the truth kid–just say it was your fault!

23. realfootballfan says: Mar 26, 2016 10:08 AM

He also regularly blamed his offensive linemen and surrounding cast, many of who have gone on to play well once they got away from him. Case in point, I heard that Donnavan Smith was a fat, lazy guy because he got Hackenburg “killed” at Penn State regularly. He didn’t seem to have too many problems with the step up in competition to the NFL though as a rookie in Tampa while protecting Jameis Winston’s blind side. But he’s got a lot of media cheerleaders who he knows personally and that make a lot of excuses for him though while they knock other kids with way more ability. Reminds me a lot of Tyler Braay when he came out of Tennessee who also had a much higher opinion of himself than his ability would indicate.

24. corvusrex96 says: Mar 26, 2016 10:11 AM

It is not like PSU installed the triple option when o’brien left , it was still a pro style offense that Hackenberg should have been able to adapt

25. teedraper says: Mar 26, 2016 10:18 AM

Typical ridiculous NFL. Blame the player if he tells the truth. The NFL is king of retread coaches!

26. captainwhodat says: Mar 26, 2016 10:24 AM

career backup at best…

27. tyjmey says: Mar 26, 2016 10:27 AM

Oh the irony of the old farts here blaming millennials for one kid blaming coaches.

28. drewthomcom22857 says: Mar 26, 2016 10:34 AM

He went from a pro style offense as a freshman and digressed to Franklin’s way with no blocking. He probably led the country in getting sacked. The NFL wants to hear, “Duh, I had a really good time the last 2 years and am too stupid to realize that I was about to get killed playing QB for Franklin.”?

29. jchemengr says: Mar 26, 2016 10:50 AM

That one quote defines how messed up the NFL is. When did stating a fact become assigning blame.

30. purpleandgoldforever says: Mar 26, 2016 10:55 AM

Given the kid’s honesty, we all know the Cheatroits won’t draft him

31. eoyguy says: Mar 26, 2016 10:58 AM

I know nothing about him, but looking at that picture, it appears he has the Tim Tebow throwing motion down pat.

32. streetyson says: Mar 26, 2016 11:09 AM

jchemengr says:
    Mar 26, 2016 10:50 AM

———————————-
    I’d agree except it’s probably not so much what he said but how – if he came over as intelligently deconstructing how and why things went backwards under Franklin and how the adjustments were done and how he’s learned from it etc, that’s fine, but it sounds like he’s just whiningly blaming everyone. And most QBs have to be able to adjust to different coaching styles when drafted to a new team, and do so with the right attitude.

33. stew48 says: Mar 26, 2016 11:34 AM

All this expert responding based on two alleged personnel comments. Can you imagine what an average defense attorney would do to this? My guess is the Browns are doing more homework on him now. And, yes, that means they will not take a qb with first, or even second pick.

34. lukedunphysscienceproject says: Mar 26, 2016 11:36 AM

I watch an awful lot of PSU games, and I just don’t see it. People have been making excuses for the kid for two years. He’s just not that good. Everything about him is mediocre at best. He strikes me as a Hoyer/McCown type. Mediocre physical skills, above average intelligence. The type of guy who you will read about signing a one year contract somewhere 10-12 years from now and think “Hmmm. Christian Hackenberg is still in the league?

As for the comments, that doesn’t bother me. What does bother me is the message that pro teams would rather you show your great “character” by lying to them.

35. FinFan68 says: Mar 26, 2016 11:41 AM

It comes down to what drove the answer. If it was spurred by emotion, the kid may be one who blames everyone but himself. If it seems prompted by intellect then the kid may be a decent problem solver that can learn from mistakes. Non verbals, tone and other factors would glean more information than a literal interpretation of his written words.

36. gah05 says: Mar 26, 2016 11:43 AM

There is obvious frustrations of his last few years at PS. Let’s not be too harsh, the guy is young and can & will say the wrong things…haven’t we all, especially at that age?

I hope to see him get into an ideal situation, he has all the tools to be successful in the NFL.

37. dickensbslim says: Mar 26, 2016 11:55 AM

Better a lie than a truth you don’t want to hear?

When players have skin that thin, fans let ’em have it. There’s no reason to hold the interviewers to a different standard. That they’d expect and reward the lie pretty much tells you how they handle their own business in dealing with people.

38. thejetssuck2001 says: Mar 26, 2016 12:03 PM

the nfl must really want the rams to have this kid!!!

39. youcantmakemepickausername says: Mar 26, 2016 12:07 PM

dadsource says:

——————————————————————————–
    I’m no fan of Franklin, but this is a pretty misleading comment. His offensive coordinator didn’t leave for another job, he was fired by Franklin.

40. mototax says: Mar 26, 2016 12:10 PM

I wasn’t there so I don’t know what was said or how it was said. Interviewing skills vary so who knows? If I were into conspiracies I’d say he is trying to turnoff coaches so the Texans can get him.

41. joewilliesshnoz says: Mar 26, 2016 12:32 PM

Good for you, Hack. Now try hitting the side of a barn.

42. chc4 says: Mar 26, 2016 12:36 PM

It’s not a matter of lying versus telling the truth. It’s a matter of maturity and taking personal responsibility. If I’m looking for another job b/c my current boss is making my life miserable, I don’t go into an interview and tell my interviewer that my boss is mean or too demanding. It makes me look like a weakling always looking to blame someone else. The right thing to say is “I’m looking for an opportunity that allows me to advance my career and expand my skill set”. Take the high road.

So even if Hackenburg was coached poorly he’s not supposed to say that. And btw James Franklin turned Vandy into a legitimate program, something that hasn’t happened in decades. I have a hard time believing he isn’t a good coach. Only game I watched Hackenburg play was their last bowl game against UGA. He was not impressive at all.

43. codiablo says: Mar 26, 2016 12:39 PM

Great! Vikings 5th rd! Skol boet chez!

44. twpguy1964 says: Mar 26, 2016 12:55 PM

I’m a 40 year Penn State fan and this kid is probably the most overrated,over hyped qb too come out in YEARS. I wouldn’t draft this kid anywhere higher then round 6, if at all.

No accuracy, not mobile and a whiner

45. 13chpshps says: Mar 26, 2016 12:56 PM

I have conducted 100’s of interviews for hiring and promotions. Never hire or promote anyone who cannot take personal responsibility. Never hire anyone who when asked to define negative qualities cannot provide anything. We all have faults and are imperfect, recognizing this and taking steps to improve ourselves is crucial to personal development. When you blame someone else for your deficiencies I have no faith that you’re doing an internal fair evaluation. If you can’t do that, you aren’t going to improve and you aren’t going to make it as an NFL QB. I don’t know from this short piece if this is the case, but it sure raises questions…what did this QB do to improve himself? Did he study and work harder? Or did it just suffice to blame the coaching and system?

46. ramfanmatt says: Mar 26, 2016 12:58 PM

Sounds like some teams are trying to tank his stock to scare other teams off. I don’t put much stock in any of these draft reports.

47. realfootballfan says: Mar 26, 2016 1:00 PM

Also, when did running a spread get more complicated than running a pro style offense? Some players just invoke the cape to be pulled out for them though I guess. Let’s try a more obvious reason he failed. He’s not that good. It’s kind of like Ryan Tannehill. At some point, it can’t be everybody else especially when everybody else succeeds away from you.

48. NinersRule says: Mar 26, 2016 1:07 PM

Can’t blame him for telling the truth, but another truth is that we don’t know if he is a spoiled brat or a good kid who got caught up in a bad coaching situation.

Either way, this kid should go to Canada. He ain’t playing in the NFL any time soon and he needs playing time to become good.

49. malibupaddlesurf says: Mar 26, 2016 1:11 PM

I do think the play calling was not suited well for the talent unless you were looking to set the all time PSU qb sacks leader.

50. thun2der says: Mar 26, 2016 1:16 PM

Sounds to me like he is just someone who has the stones to tell it like it is. Hell if I would take the blame if I knew my coach used me incorrectly. As long as you are honest and telling the truth you can’t worry about how it will be perceived. Let chips fall where they may

51. stellarperformance says: Mar 26, 2016 1:16 PM

Just because someone says something aloud doesn’t make it true……..including this story.

52. rajbais says: Mar 26, 2016 1:20 PM

The guy can’t play anyways.

He declined in college and when you do, you can’t play in the NFL.

If Aaron Rodgers’ brother Jordan could complete 59.9% of his passes for 2539 yards and 15 touchdowns versus 5 interceptions, Hackenberg can’t play in the NFL.

53. kylexitron says: Mar 26, 2016 2:07 PM

I’ve worked for people who made t hard to do my job well. When your job is to produce a product whether that is on field performance or any other end result of doing your job and you don’t feel you were able to create the best results because of management that hamstrung your efforts, you should be allowed to explain why you feel that way as long as you are articulate in describing the issues and how you would have preferred things.

54. stairwayto7 says: Mar 26, 2016 2:15 PM

As a PSU fan, Hackenberg is right on! Franklin wants a running qb who throw 5-8 yard passes. He is a qb who throws many deep balls. I quess the NFL wants yes men on their teams.

55. squared80 says: Mar 26, 2016 2:24 PM

Who cares. As with 90% of quarterbacks, it’s all about the system they’re in.

56. suhmonster90 says: Mar 26, 2016 2:34 PM

I had no idea Hackenberg has so many defenders. He was horrible in college and all the excuses in the world couldn’t make him accurate.

57. jonmannbaby says: Mar 26, 2016 3:06 PM

They did everything in their power to protect Hack….but his accuracy was HORRENDOUS…Footwork atrocious…James Franklin developed Josh Freeman into a 1st rd. pick..if that ain’t coaching…

58. fluiddarkness says: Mar 26, 2016 3:23 PM

They can have a problem with his brutal honesty, but they should also remember that he’s still a young man and his maturity is still developing. I’d cautiously draft him and sit him down for a few man to man talks. He didn’t go public (which really wasn’t meant to be public) with this before, so I’m inclined to think this complaint was more an aberration than the norm.

59. thegreatgabbert says: Mar 26, 2016 3:24 PM

Heaven forbid someone tells the truth in an interview. Obviously makes them untrustworthy.

60. jimlahey916 says: Mar 26, 2016 3:25 PM

Hope the rest of his PSU education was better than his football play because an NFL prospect he is not. McGloin is twice the player Hackenberg ended up being

61. clintonite44 says: Mar 26, 2016 3:50 PM

Gary Piserchio | Mar 26, 2016, 8:38 AM EDT

_________________________
    You nailed it there buddy. Just see the RG3 experience in DC under Jay Gruden.

62. SilentMajority says: Mar 26, 2016 4:19 PM

He’ll be lucky to play under the same coach his entire career…that is if he lasts long enough for the first one to get fired.

63. jrob23 says: Mar 26, 2016 4:28 PM

Good for him. Not only did his coach leave but the good players left or got injured leaving him behind the worst offensive line possible. He didn’t give in or pout but understandably he had a rough year. This kid has as much talent as any in this draft and years from now we’ll be talking about how smart such and such G.M. was for grabbing him in the 2nd or 3rd. Also, this kind of talk about how poor he’s doing in interviews is a smoke screen. Teams desperatley want him to fall to them. I love that he’s so fired up and competitive that he’s calling out the frauds who came on to coach.

64. thegreatgabbert says: Mar 26, 2016 5:26 PM

I think Hackenberg just turned 21. Carson Wentz was still sitting on the bench as a backup on a DIII team at the same age.

65. 65impala says: Mar 26, 2016 5:33 PM

I cant understand why coach Franklin was telling hack to throw the ball 5 yard short in the dirt to receivers???? Both are to blame, but man up and take the blame.

66. 65impala says: Mar 26, 2016 5:43 PM

NFL teams that release that info only want to steal him in a later round, and do you like women? Welcome to the NFL

67. stogie31 says: Mar 26, 2016 5:45 PM

Talent trumps words. Teams aren’t going to count him out for saying the wrong thing. He’s guilty of being too honest.

68. harrypetergrant says: Mar 26, 2016 6:07 PM

He should have stood up and screamed ” You CAN’T HANDLE THE TRUTH ” LOL

69. rcali says: Mar 26, 2016 6:08 PM

Let’s face it, we’ve all worked for people or are working for people that may not have a clue but unfortunately you have to lie about it when you go for interviews on your next job. The truth is not what people want to hear.

70. foodiefoodnerd says: Mar 26, 2016 6:25 PM

This isn’t an either-or situation, nor is it complicated. The correct answer, not PC and not millenial angst, is,

“Coach Franklin has much different methods and philosophy than Coach O’Brien who recruited me, and I didn’t agree with his play calling.

“As a result, most of my stats went down. It was a difficult situation, and I didn’t adapt as well as I should have. i’ve learned a lit from the experience, and I’m confident I can bring a lot to any twam, and play well for any coach.”

71. nelly837 says: Mar 26, 2016 6:29 PM

bobc74 says:
    Mar 26, 2016 9:28 AM

83 32
    *****************************************************

First of all when did any Penn State fan or Coach know what an NFL QB looked like? Remember this is the school that produced Todd Blackledge lol and if I remember right JOPA isn’t exactly the person I would be using as a hallmark of integrity. So what the kid told the truth and the Men’s club of NFL coaches want to pass judgement on him. I guess that explains why Jeff Fischer is still a head coach in the NFL, what do you think other coaches say about him behind closed doors.

72. legion1937 says: Mar 26, 2016 6:47 PM

Hackenberg originally committed to Penn St. when Paterno was still coaching there.

73. RealTVCritics says: Mar 26, 2016 8:24 PM

Little snot. Never trash your boss to your future employer. Rule one. Someone will take a chance on him but his teammates will know he will never have their backs in times of crisis. He will find someone else on the team to blame but never blame himself.

His prospects have been lowered dramatically.

74. dowhatifeellike says: Mar 26, 2016 8:51 PM

Expecting a kid who hasn’t even finished school to know what to say in an interview is asinine. I’ll take someone who means what he says over someone who tells you what you want to hear.

75. tomtravis76 says: Mar 26, 2016 8:58 PM

A coach should have his philosophy of how he wants to play, but you have to adjust every year, every week to the players you have available and whom your opponent is going to be the next game.

76. burrito12 says: Mar 26, 2016 10:04 PM

He could easily start at QB for the vikings.

77. firstdownbrowns says: Mar 26, 2016 10:05 PM

only need 1 team as they say to fall in love.

78. sumkat says: Mar 27, 2016 2:40 AM

Not getting drafted until the 4th or 5th round should humble him some. If not, his NFL career will be even less remarkable than his college career.

79. fishyinalittledishy says: Mar 27, 2016 4:44 AM

Never mind all that, can the boy play in the NFL.

80. vikingcheesegrater says: Mar 27, 2016 8:20 AM

I can see them having a problem if the guy is just whining for no reason, but why should they have a problem with what he says if he is telling the truth? Sounds like they are over thinking things.

81. xinellum says: Mar 27, 2016 10:54 AM

What the NFL coaches heard was a kid who would tell the truth when they screwed up and they don’t want that. I think having head coaches who don’t screw up is a better way to deal with it an not crucify a kid who simply told the truth. He will get drafted because O’Brien knows him and will sell him to someone.

82. bcrllc says: Mar 27, 2016 1:22 PM

Too bad you can’t just say what’s on your heart instead of sucking up.

83. hooterdawg says: Mar 27, 2016 1:53 PM

Doesn’t this guy have an agent? Doesn’t the agent advise his client how to address these questions? IMO it is the agent who needs scrutiny as much as the kid .

84. andrewa22 says: Mar 27, 2016 3:44 PM

Watched him all 4 years at Penn state. Kid is an overrated punk pretty boy who had a great year with Bill o Brien and was made better by (then) future pro bowler Allen Robinson. He is mediocre at best and won’t do anything in the NFL. I feel sorry for the team that gets stuck with him

85. daddeeo says: Mar 27, 2016 5:15 PM

Sounds like he needs a new agent. This kind of thing should have been prepped out of the equation…

86. buck8589 says: Mar 27, 2016 8:54 PM

He had 2 NFL lineman, an NFL tight end, and an nfl pro bowl wide receiver as a freshman. Plus a stacked defense to carry him. He had the same bad habits as a freshman, just alot more talent to hide it. And as for Bill O’Brien being a quaretback guru. Look at the the great quarterback play he is getting in Texas. They made the playoffs in spite of their quarteback play. He won 8 games with JoPa’s recruits in a weak conference with an an even weaker non-conference schedule. Hell, they could have won 6 games with no coach at all. Bill O’Brien and Hackenberg were both overrated. Bill Obrien had no depth but he had tons of talent left over. Franklin is the one really feeling the sanctions, and Hackenberg is the most wildly overrated person ever to be involved in football at any level, next to Bill O’brien of course.

87. joeknowsnada says: Mar 28, 2016 7:44 AM

I just saw this one. So, I am late to the commentary party. Hackenberg, if he is any good, should be able to play in any college – level system and at least be average, if not above average. He was not. IF a QB can make all the throws and read all the defenses, he can succeed. If not, he is just not that good. If/when he gets to the NFL, he will probably have to learn more than one system, deal with more than one coaching staff, work for more than one organization, at the very least. If he could not do so in college, he probably won’t be able to cut it in the NFL. If he wants to go ahead and blame it all on Franklin, so be it, but, he is wrong. AND, lots of high-level, future NFL stars who have good advisors and half a brain tend to transfer to better fits/environments when things are not to their liking. He could have done that, but chose to stay at PSU. That’s another mistake and error in judgement on his part. Nothing to see here. Let’s move on.

88. breadmeatcheese says: Mar 29, 2016 12:23 PM

Snag him Bears. Great value now. John Fox is great with young quarterbacks. He can get them ready emotionally. It’s the way he chews his gum. It comes from the heart.

89. steve3211 says: Mar 31, 2016 12:29 AM

jrob23 says:
    Mar 26, 2016 4:28 PM

You are delusional is you think he is even close to Goff or Wentz. He was a coddled 5 star coming out of HS because of size and arm strength. He did have the strength of character to stay with Penn during a very difficult time I will give him that. His footwork is absolutely atrocious. Watch him in the pocket his feet do not move. He also does not have the innate ability to feel pocket pressure an absolute must. Goff has a 1000 times the ceiling Hack does.