Adrian Peterson removes limit for matching donations to Palestine, Texas

AP

Last week, Vikings running back Adrian Peterson partnered with the Salvation Army to donate $100,000 to cleanup and recovery efforts after devastating flash flooding in Peterson’s hometown of Palestine, Texas.

Initially, he committed to making up to another $100,000 in matching donations. In an interview that will be aired on Friday’s edition of PFT Live on NBC Sports Radio, Peterson said that he has removed the limit and will now match all donations, regardless of amount.

So text “AP28” to 51555 or visit the Salvation Army page created for assisting the effort.

We’re calling on all Vikings fans who frequent the site to donate $20. And we’re calling on all the Packers fans who troll the Vikings fans in the comments section (and vice versa) to donate $20 as well.

And we’re calling on everyone to listen to Friday’s PFT Live on NBC Sports Radio to hear the conversation with Adrian Peterson. If you’ll be unable to listen live, we’re calling on you to subscribe to the podcast at iTunes or audioBoom,

37 responses to “Adrian Peterson removes limit for matching donations to Palestine, Texas

1. Notice that our RB is doing great charity while our ltitle sisters RB is busy wolfing down triple cheeseburgers! The sad thing this is acceptable in the land of cheese and stale moose meat!

2. There’s a reason the Packers were included in this thread.

Packer fans put their money where their mouth is, unlike Viking fans.

3. There is a guy from Toronto let’s just call him Joe who should donate $20 for every comment he makes. If AP had to match he would go broke. Right Joe!?!

4. I will donate the $20 but to a Children’s Shelter, not to honor AP’s request but to help AP’s children, those that he knows about and those he has yet to meet.

5. stellarperformance says:
    May 12, 2016 5:22 PM
    There’s a reason the Packers were included in this thread.

Packer fans put their money where their mouth is, unlike Viking fans.
    —-
    By the looks of Mike McCarthy and the Packer fanbase it looks like they put a ton of other things where their mouth is.

6. Not to be outdone…Mike McCarthy and Eddie Lacy will match your donations by eating a chicken wing for every dollar that is donated.

7. I’m calling on all of Peterson’s children and the hookers supplied by AP to his brother and uncle to donate $20.00. They’ll have this mess cleaned up in no time.

8. I would seriously like to implore Viking fans to be cautious when making donations to charity when Adrian Peterson is involved.
    I realize your hearts are in the right place, but he’s already been proven extremely untrustworthy in this area.

If you’d like to send a real message, donate your $28 to a children’s abuse center, or other charitable organization where you’ll know the funds are being used properly.

9. Maybe Mark Chmura will donate.
    As soon as he gets out of the hot tub with his teenage baby-sitter

10. ariani1985 says:
    May 12, 2016 4:04 PM
    —————————-

I like how you misspelled ‘little’ to make it spell ‘title’. Was probably a Freudian slip, knowing how many titles the Green Bay Packers have earned.

But, yes, it is a nice gesture by AP.

11. wafflestomp says:
    May 12, 2016 6:09 PM

———————

Read the article troll. It’s the Salvation Army.

12. WOW, Great going AP. I’ve always known your heart was in the right place. Great gesture, I have been and will always be a VERY PROUD Minnesota VIKINGS FAN (and I live in Chicago-yuck!!!). On another note, I still can’t believe people are making these snarky remarks. Really??? Is it necessary to do this? Why say anything at all? This is a good thing being done for people in NEED!! If you can’t say something nice, why say anything at all? What would your mothers say???

13. contra74 says:
    May 12, 2016 5:41 PM
    /////////////////////////////////

Viking fan donations? That will mean three wings apiece.

14. Wow, the trolls are still out in force.

15. finchy74 says:
    May 13, 2016 11:29 AM
    Wow, the trolls are still out in force. The irony is that AP is doing more to alleviate suffering in this action than the trolls will do in their entire lives.
    /////////////////////////////////////////////////////

He should. He’s already caused more suffering than I have in my entire life.

16. Packers trolling Vikings on monetary/economic issues is LOL material. Their entire economy relies on their residents to cross the borders for job in other states. If All the packer trolls on this site combined their saving and sold off all of what they owned it might buy a bag of chips.

Nice gesture AP.

17. While AP continues to atone for something he learned as a child, think about that, because I don’t think many do, the rest of the NFL world and it’s fans go on and continue to judge and do all their nasty little abuses while hiding behind their keyboards. He is trying to do something good, and people just keep trying to bring him down. I’m glad he’s not letting that stop him. Again I say, GOOD FOR YOU, AP. Please continue to do good work on and off the field. The Minnesota Vikings are proud of how hard you have come back!! Thank you!!! I’m sure Texas is very, very thankful as well!!!

18. finchy74 says:
    May 13, 2016 12:38 PM
    @stellarperformance I highly doubt that.
    ///////////////////////////

Don’t doubt it. I can assure you I have never whipped another person until they bled, a child no less, and inadvertently whacked his testicles in the process. Nope. I never did that. Very few people have, but this guy did.

The only reason Viking fans want to forgive him and ask others to forgive him is because he’s a star athlete! That’s it! That’s what is important to these “fans.” You can’t slice it any other way.

If he were a nobody from Whittier or Downtown West, he’d still be in jail until nobody remembered his name.

Get real.