J.J. Watt: I can do “anything and everything” I’m asked

HOUSTON, TX - JANUARY 09:  J.J. Watt #99 of the Houston Texans looks on during the AFC Wild Card Playoff game against the Kansas City Chiefs at NRG Stadium on January 9, 2016 in Houston, Texas.  (Photo by Thomas B. Shea/Getty Images) Getty Images

Texans coach Bill O’Brien stopped short of saying that defensive end J.J. Watt would play against the Bears this Sunday during an appearance on PFT Live Tuesday, but it was the kind of stop that could lead to Frank Costanza worrying about someone stealing his move.

The signs that Watt will be in lineup have been growing larger and larger over the last week or so, including Watt’s own comments to the media on Wednesday. Watt said that he never had any doubt that he’d be ready to go for the first week of the regular season after having multiple surgeries this offseason, including an operation on his back in July.

“I can do anything and everything they ask me to do,” Watt said, via John McClain of the Houston Chronicle. “I’m going to try to play every play. There’s no problem whatsoever.”

As Watt mentioned, he doesn’t believe he needs to play a limited number of snaps after being on the shelf all summer. The Texans may disagree, but a player’s going to be at risk of injuring himself on any snaps and the difference between having Watt on the field and not is a big one for the Houston defense.

Permalink 17 Comments Feed for comments Latest Stories in: Chicago Bears, Houston Texans, Rumor Mill, Top Stories
17 Responses to “J.J. Watt: I can do “anything and everything” I’m asked”
  1. idpfantasyfootball says: Sep 7, 2016 3:14 PM

“I can do anything and everything they ask me to do”

Great…. He’ll be Houston’s TD leader this season…

2. PFT-made-me-change-my-handle says: Sep 7, 2016 3:15 PM

And he’ll be in a wheelchair in about 2 years.

3. seriously423 says: Sep 7, 2016 3:17 PM

damn…this guy loves himself

4. jjackwagon says: Sep 7, 2016 3:20 PM

I can do “anything and everything” I’m asked…except score on offense from 2 yds out in a playoff game.

5. eazeback says: Sep 7, 2016 3:20 PM

the confidence of HGH talking

6. chesswhileyouplaycheckers says: Sep 7, 2016 3:31 PM

“I can do anything and everything they ask me to do,”

Unless of course they ask him to be humble…or quiet

7. 25jjc25 says: Sep 7, 2016 4:03 PM

Haters gon HATE!! HAHAHAHA

8. billymutt says: Sep 7, 2016 4:06 PM

J. J. Watt really loves him some J. J. Watt. A legend in his own mind.

9. skawh says: Sep 7, 2016 4:16 PM

Just be ready for the Patriots game and crush the cheater. Then I’d be on the Watt bandwagon.

10. mvp43 says: Sep 7, 2016 4:19 PM

I fully expect him to parachute out of an F-16 before the game.

11. cajunaise says: Sep 7, 2016 4:21 PM

J.J. seems like the type who’ll be very unhappy the day he loses a step. Early retirement candidate.

12. 25jjc25 says: Sep 7, 2016 4:23 PM

@billymutt

I guess someone who is a legend in their own mind has the stats that he has, I wish I was a legend in my own mind with those numbers, you may not like him, you may think he is on TV too much, heck you may have a crush on him but with the stats that he has racked up can not be denied. If that were the case I would love to be a legend in my own mind HAHAHAHA

13. theparadoxx82 says: Sep 7, 2016 5:15 PM

Unless you ask him to play at his Jags-Titans level for the other 12 games…

14. htowntexan says: Sep 7, 2016 5:24 PM

i think the coaches should sit him. this is the bears, and we don’t need him. watt could use more rest–it’s a long season. and if watt further aggravates the injury on sunday, then we’re a hot mess the rest of the season. if BOB plays him, it is another inexperienced coaching move.

15. aquineas1 says: Sep 7, 2016 5:29 PM

I’m a Bears fan and while I wish he would take another week to “rest that back”, I honestly I don’t see “I love myself” in any of those comments. I’m truly puzzled by the the JJ Watt hate. He’s one of the top defensive players ever. Yeah, the media loves him, and I’m sure he’s enjoying those endorsement, but who wouldn’t?

16. dino2997 says: Sep 7, 2016 6:59 PM

htowntexan says:
    Sep 7, 2016 5:24 PM

—————————————————————

I must say I find it amusing that a fan of a team who barely finished above .500 in arguably the weakest division in football only to see their team get shut out in the post season feels they don’t need their best player against a Bears team that beat that very same team last season that shutout the Texans.

17. billymutt says: Sep 7, 2016 7:12 PM

25jjc25 says:
    Sep 7, 2016 4:23 PM

@billymutt

Of course. He is a very good player, not denying that. His demeanor is irritating, though, and I disliked that about him since the first time I saw him do his stupid finger-wagging antics on the field. Comes across as having a huge opinion of himself and being a real arrogant a-hole.