Kaepernick says he’s not a Muslim, decries rumors fueled by Islamophobia

SAN DIEGO, CA - SEPTEMBER 01:  Colin Kaepernick #7 of the San Francisco 49ers speaks to media during a press conference after a 31-21 preseason win over the San Diego Chargers at Qualcomm Stadium on September 1, 2016 in San Diego, California.  (Photo by Harry How/Getty Images) Getty Images

Colin Kaepernick said today that he is not a Muslim and believes the rumors that he is are fueled by Islamaphobia.

“I have great respect for the religion, know a lot of people that are Muslim and are phenomenal people,’’ Kaepernick said. “But I think that [rumor of conversion] comes along with people’s fear of this protest, as well as Islamophobia in this country. People are terrified of them to the point where Trump wants to ban all Muslims from coming here, which is ridiculous.”

Kaepernick said his girlfriend, Nessa Diab, is a Muslim and has had an impact on his views, though he has not converted.

“The impact is just conversations that we constantly have,’’ he said. “This is an open discussion that I have with many people, not just my woman. She is Muslim, her family is Muslim, I have great respect for them. I have great respect for people’s right to believe what they want to believe. And I don’t think anybody should be prosecuted or judged based on what their beliefs are.’’

Kaepernick has become the NFL’s most-discussed player since his refusal to stand for the national anthem became publicized following the 49ers’ third preseason game. He will continue to kneel for the anthem before the 49ers’ opener on Monday night against the Rams.

Permalink 132 Comments Feed for comments Latest Stories in: Rumor Mill, San Francisco 49ers, Top Stories
132 Responses to “Kaepernick says he’s not a Muslim, decries rumors fueled by Islamophobia”
  1. vbe2 says: Sep 7, 2016 6:20 PM

Enough of this crap. Put it in a political forum. Football is entertainment. Football is my ‘Safe Space’ to get away from this kind of garbage.

I want my Safe Space back!!

2. ronfai says: Sep 7, 2016 6:20 PM

I love this guy, even tho he’s not Muslim.

3. hokies4life says: Sep 7, 2016 6:22 PM

Man kap is really winning..We actually still talking about this.

4. Hitdog18 says: Sep 7, 2016 6:23 PM

fueled by Fox news, more like it

5. ninjapleazee says: Sep 7, 2016 6:25 PM

Maybe this is getting all blown out of proportion, he knows he’s gonna warm the bench all game and all season so he probably was just used to sitting.

6. r8dernation says: Sep 7, 2016 6:26 PM

Kind of sounds like early stages of radicalization.

7. biggredbird76 says: Sep 7, 2016 6:27 PM

Here we go.

8. savojah says: Sep 7, 2016 6:28 PM

Yeah, sure. We believe you lol. Mr. Bible tattoo scriptures.

9. bleedingfacemask says: Sep 7, 2016 6:29 PM

This is the first time that I’ve heard this rumor.

Let me guess…started by a twitter-jerk?

10. uglydingo says: Sep 7, 2016 6:32 PM

Seems like Colin has dropped a lot of weight (less muscular), become a vegan, changed his hairstyle (he may need a bigger helmet), become a lot more political and less popular since he started dating his new girlfriend.

11. purplekoolaid1 says: Sep 7, 2016 6:32 PM

If this was never publicized (which it wasn’t in the beginning), nobody else would be sitting during the national anthem. But now other players in the league and other sports are doing it. We live in such a social media/media, follow-the-leader driven society that it’s sickening.

Whether you agree with him or not, he believes what he believes. Just as we all do. It’s really that simple at the end of the day.

12. rodgerstonelson says: Sep 7, 2016 6:32 PM

49ers please cut this fool.

13. sexualspaghetti says: Sep 7, 2016 6:32 PM

The funny thing about all of this is he’s an absolutely garbage football player. He’s just getting his name out there before he’s out of the league.

14. wagon151515 says: Sep 7, 2016 6:32 PM

trump doesn’t want to ban “all muslims”. ignorance is bliss. and the youth is full of it these days.

15. olefballcoach says: Sep 7, 2016 6:33 PM

He is not Muslim.. the Muslims are smarter than that!!

16. GeauxSaints57 says: Sep 7, 2016 6:33 PM

Gotta feel bad for 49er teammates and their fans with Kaep’s circus in town.

Meanwhile, the Browns are all like, “Thanks, Santa Clara!”

17. charliework says: Sep 7, 2016 6:34 PM

“…discussion that I have with many people, not just my woman.”

“My woman.” Pretty sure that’s not gonna fly with any feminists that previously supported Kaep.

18. jakkks15 says: Sep 7, 2016 6:34 PM

This is getting borderline TMZ

19. munny10 says: Sep 7, 2016 6:34 PM

Keep it up Kap! Way to divert the attention from the fact you got beat out by the 43 best QB in the NFL!

20. hugeheavywoman says: Sep 7, 2016 6:34 PM

And here comes Fan Boy Army who knows exactly what race he is because their big brother once saw his birth certificate. Laughing at FBA again!

21. mackcarrington says: Sep 7, 2016 6:35 PM

Sorry Kap, but if the PFT commenters say you’re a Muslim, then you’re a Muslim. After all, they know as much about your private life as you do.

22. chris1cat says: Sep 7, 2016 6:35 PM

Back up QB wanting Publicity!

23. lemmetalkwouldya says: Sep 7, 2016 6:36 PM

In stating that Trump says he wants to keep out all Muslims from this country, Kaepernick exposes himself as an uninformed fraud.

Trump never said that.

What he said was that he wants to keep out all Muslim terrorists, of which not all Muslim immigrants are.

Kaepernick has just lost all credibility

24. sirmetaphor says: Sep 7, 2016 6:36 PM

wagon151515 says:
    Sep 7, 2016 6:32 PM

———————–
    People hear what they want to hear. I agree 100%

25. concord148 says: Sep 7, 2016 6:39 PM

I have a solution – Replace the National Anthem with Yakety Sax and everybody will be happy.

26. thegreatgabbert says: Sep 7, 2016 6:42 PM

I do think rumors that Kap is “the most hated player since Rae Carruth”, (who murdered his pregnant fiancé) among NFL execs are fueled by “Kapearnickophobia”. I feel a bit sick and think I’m coming down with it as well.

27. jag1959 says: Sep 7, 2016 6:44 PM

“My woman”

Yep, there’s all kinds of enlightenment right there.
    He may not be one but he’s at least got that part of the fundamentalist Muslim approach to sexual equality down pat.

28. granadafan says: Sep 7, 2016 6:44 PM

Conservatives have disgraced themselves. This country was founded on freedoms to speak out and practice whatever religion (no, not just Christianity). The Conservatives have yelled at him to leave even though military folks fought and died for people like Kaepernick to speak out and for religious people like his girlfriend to practice her religion.

29. melikefootball says: Sep 7, 2016 6:44 PM

Where did he get this from? This disrespectful individual now has fifth graders kneeling. what do they know of Colin police phobia, despicable actions from one called a professional.

30. scrp2 says: Sep 7, 2016 6:45 PM

Whoa… This is getting bigger than Chip Kelly

31. hawkstradamus says: Sep 7, 2016 6:46 PM

Muslim fear is only for the Fox News fed people who have never seen or talked to a Muslim. I live In A city with people from all over the world. I’ve had Muslims as professors and drivers, they cook good food. Go to work, pray to God five times a day and care for their families. Good people and fine Americans, when Given the chance.

32. timegambit says: Sep 7, 2016 6:47 PM

Looks like O.J. from that 70’s flashback in Naked Gun.

33. abninf says: Sep 7, 2016 6:48 PM

===================================

Uh, no he doesn’t. This just goes to show how ignorant Kaepernick is on the issues he talks about.

34. Hitdog18 says: Sep 7, 2016 6:49 PM

bleedingfacemask says:
    Sep 7, 2016 6:29 PM
    This is the first time that I’ve heard this rumor.

Let me guess…started by a twitter-jerk?

______________________________________

it was a fake story on Facebook that got picked up and repeated by Sean Hannity

35. ditkainyourbutkus says: Sep 7, 2016 6:49 PM

this loser is like a swiss army knife of pc

36. ndy79 says: Sep 7, 2016 6:50 PM

Soon to be obsolete.

37. badmoonrison says: Sep 7, 2016 6:53 PM

Kap is clearly one of the most ignorant, low information, MSM-parroting people I’ve ever heard. I can’t believe he actually went to college. And that it wasn’t Mizzou or De Paul. Total lack of knowledge and education on every topic he’s commented on.

38. moerawn says: Sep 7, 2016 6:54 PM

Liked him much better when he was the drummer for Boston.

39. truthfactory says: Sep 7, 2016 6:54 PM

His “woman” lives in New York. And when it was rumored Denver wanted to trade for him, he floated the idea that he wanted to play for the NY Jets.

So, he’d rather go “play” for the Jets (with Fitzpatrick likely to resign there) than go play for the defending SB champs in Denver so he can be closer to his “woman”. Sounds like she’s taken over his mind and his will to be a good football player. I haven’t even heard him voice his strong desire to be the starting QB. I think he’s just along for the paycheck now and has lost interest in football, which is probably driven by his “woman”.

40. classyjacklambert says: Sep 7, 2016 6:56 PM

Oh shut up and just play the game

41. redzonerambler says: Sep 7, 2016 6:56 PM

I have always seen the patriotism directed toward the flag and anthem as acknowledgements of the ideals we strive for as a country and not just how well or poorly we are currently doing at reaching those ideals. Because of this Kap’s method of demonstrating seemed misplaced to me. It seemed he should be honoring the flag and anthem, while using his platform to say he feels we have work to do to fully reach those ideals as a society.

These comments here are presented better here in my opinion. I am glad he has used his platform this time to support tolerance and diversity in easier way for people to hear hopefully.

42. lindacaseauthor says: Sep 7, 2016 6:57 PM

My god. If he’s a Muslim, who cares. This division in this country is getting damn scary. If we don’t change the narrative, America will be weakened, maybe irreparably. This whole Kap thing needs to end, and end NOW.

43. mattwalshvideo says: Sep 7, 2016 6:57 PM

Stay in the locker room useful idiot.

44. fmckenney says: Sep 7, 2016 6:58 PM

“my woman” sounds like he’s already bought into the fundamentalists dogma. How do you feel about the LGBT community? T the earlier “jingoist” comment..this conversation is about the oppression of a people not flag waving.

45. diehardfootballfan says: Sep 7, 2016 7:00 PM

Barnum and Bailey circus clown.

46. cmich2006 says: Sep 7, 2016 7:02 PM

‘My woman’? Enough said!

47. doggeatdogg says: Sep 7, 2016 7:08 PM

Obviously the man is still ignorant about many things. Don’t tell me that muslims are not eating this up. They would do what he’s doing based on everything about this country, not just the issues he pointed out. It’s not islamophobia, not afraid of that religion. But that religion makes certain assertion and many of which include women no exercising certain freedoms.

48. bert1913 says: Sep 7, 2016 7:13 PM

kaepernick sounds like being Muslim is a bad thing

49. randy8123 says: Sep 7, 2016 7:13 PM

If you disagree with what he has to say, more power to you. If you think he should be punished for it, or feel his (or anyone’s) religion is cause for different treatment by our society you have a much bigger problem with the fundamental values of our nation than he does.

50. Spoonthis says: Sep 7, 2016 7:15 PM

I’m waiting to read the headline

“Kaepernick says he’s not a 49er”

Why are they keeping him around if he can’t beat out Gabbert???

51. Hitdog18 says: Sep 7, 2016 7:15 PM

Hitdog18 says:
    Sep 7, 2016 6:49 PM
    bleedingfacemask says:
    Sep 7, 2016 6:29 PM
    This is the first time that I’ve heard this rumor.

Let me guess…started by a twitter-jerk?

______________________________________

it was a fake story on Facebook that got picked up and repeated by Sean Hannity

2 5

_________________________________

why are people “down voting” this?? google it yourself, but it is absolutely true that it was A) a fake news story and then B) picked up by Fox news (first Hannity and then Bolling). Man i cant stand fox news fans.. they dont want to ever come out of the bubble

52. mediasloppy says: Sep 7, 2016 7:16 PM

badmoonrison says:
    Sep 7, 2016 6:53 PM

—————————–
    Well speak up then. They down the truth. Demonstrate your higher education with actual conversation besides just saying he’s ignorant.

53. doggeatdogg says: Sep 7, 2016 7:18 PM

One more thing, if he had a daughter with his girlfriend, she better be his wife or else according to that religion. Also, said daughter would be denied half the rights her brother would be entitled to. Speak to that Kaep.

54. bamboozle99 says: Sep 7, 2016 7:21 PM

You can’t blame people for not keeping up with Trump’s flip flopping. Every new poll makes him change his tune. Nobody really knows what he has on his agenda.

55. valentino8100 says: Sep 7, 2016 7:25 PM

Yes, “Islamophobia”, of course. Not that it’s reasonable to assume he’s Muslim because who knows where that’s coming from, but the fact is, his use of the word is just another indicator of the garbage with which his mind has been poisoned.

56. poundtherock says: Sep 7, 2016 7:26 PM

Just want to point out that Nessa Diab used to be Aldon Smith’s girlfriend and is now dating Colin Kaepernick.

I believe there was a scuffle at practice two years ago over the issue. Colin also slept with Matt Barnes’ wife.

Oh wait, but Colin Kaepernick is the moral authority these days? Am I right?

57. whatjusthapped says: Sep 7, 2016 7:30 PM

Its kinda like going to a Bruce Springsteen concert and having to sit there for 15 minutes in between songs so he can bloviate on his political opinion that he formed that morning sitting on the porcelain throne. I mean, shut up already and sing, we didn’t pay good money to hear your latest rant.

Same thing with Kap, I get it, he wants to make a statement. Try making it on the football field first and then maybe we might pay attention.

58. allseeingone says: Sep 7, 2016 7:30 PM

He’s wrong of course about President Trump banning all muslims for entering America. He wants to do a better job at vetting them so the terrorists don’t slip through.

59. Seprix says: Sep 7, 2016 7:31 PM

There’s just nowhere to escape anymore but video games. I can’t even watch a football game anymore without being subjected to more drama of this type. I don’t want to see class warfare wherever I look.

I’m not a racist, I’m not a sexist, and I’m sick and tired of people saying I am these things simply because of my skin color. I know these accusations aren’t true, but it still hurts to be called these things. Even the most vigilant spirit gets worn down after years of being told something that isn’t true.

60. huggybear2014 says: Sep 7, 2016 7:32 PM

He’s winning because the conversation is still going says someone. Guess what? That conversation is ridiculed on daily basis.

61. allseeingone says: Sep 7, 2016 7:34 PM

Ever notice that when the topic of Trump comes up the number of those opposed to him is half the number of those with him? An indication of what is to come on November 8 people!

62. valentino8100 says: Sep 7, 2016 7:34 PM

granadafan says:
    Sep 7, 2016 6:44 PM
    ——————————————————————

And those freedoms have allowed him to casually sit on butt on the sideline like a little child. Not the point. The point is, anyone with that large a platform should absolutely expect the subsequent scrutiny, particularly when your impetus is a complete abortion of fact and reason.

63. hillarystandswhenshepees says: Sep 7, 2016 7:40 PM

Leftists love using “phobias” to slant anyone who has a different view.

I guess this means Kap has “flag-o-phobia” and possibly “really-bad-haircut-phobia.”

64. iamapatsfan says: Sep 7, 2016 7:45 PM

abninf says:
    Sep 7, 2016 6:48 PM
    ===================================

—–

Eh, he’s not much more ignorant than Trump is himself lol

65. cdrion21 says: Sep 7, 2016 7:45 PM

granadafan says:
    Sep 7, 2016 6:44 PM
    ————–

First off, the first amendment doesnt protect you from being wrong and sounding like an idiot. It just just means you cant be arrested for it. Secondly, the irony behind calling conservatives disgraceful for voicing their opinons while arguing Kaps rights but ignoring their rights to disagree with him just makes you look stupid. As a 13 year vet I find it absolutely disrespectful but understand his liberties. Plus forcing people to stand would just take the respect out of standing. But before liberals aline themselves with Kap maybe you should become informed, this guy wore a Castro shirt while speaking out against opression, he also is the most recent person to be fined for using the N word at another player. This of course doesnt mean he should arrested for using his constitutional right but it does mean he is a hypocrit.

66. raider8er says: Sep 7, 2016 7:47 PM

poundtherock says:
    Sep 7, 2016 7:26 PM

Oh wait, but Colin Kaepernick is the moral authority these days? Am I right?

————————————————–

Does not make him any less right about the issue he is bringing up. When he runs for office, then those cases could be relevant.

67. packsupersoldier says: Sep 7, 2016 7:49 PM

As a Packer fan, I see one positive thing about the Josh Sitton cut – it sends a message to any would-be Kaepernicks in the locker room: You are expendable.

68. ilovefoolsball says: Sep 7, 2016 7:52 PM

“She tells me what to believe because I work so hard at riding the bench.”

69. ryanw822 says: Sep 7, 2016 7:55 PM

Great respect for that religion?

He obviously knows nothing about that religion’s teachings and doctrines.

70. Hitdog18 says: Sep 7, 2016 8:04 PM

And now you guys are lying for Trump…YES, his first statement on the subject was, and I quote, “Donald j Trump is calling for a total and complete shutdown of Muslims entering the United States until our country’s representatives can figure out what is going on” HIS WORDS EXACTLY

71. jmc8888 says: Sep 7, 2016 8:04 PM

Who cares if he is a muslim or not?

I care that he’s seen part of a problem and is using his stature and visibility as an NFL player to be racist about it.

It’s not racism. It’s policy.

Kaepernick can’t figure that out, nor can he figure out the policies which came from a militarized police not only effect EVERYONE, but has been enforced by Barrack Obama.

Isn’t it funny too, that Obama, the war criminal he is, came on to support Kaepernick.

Maybe because Kaepernick isn’t pointing the finger at him.

So what gets solved by ignoring who and why these situations are taking place, while at the same time being racist?

Well simple, the situation goes unaddressed, gets worse, and new problems emerge.

Thanks Kaep! It’s not about muslim anything, it’s about you being a moron about everything.

72. Hitdog18 says: Sep 7, 2016 8:10 PM

Sorry letmetaljwouldya, you have lost credibility

73. PatriotDown says: Sep 7, 2016 8:12 PM

The League should just tell the networks to go to commercial during the anthem from now on, and to not report on any protests, or else. It will die down and go away. Article 46 should cover that.

74. hawkforlife says: Sep 7, 2016 8:12 PM

“The impact is just conversations that we constantly have,’

Constantly have? Must be a great romance. Sounds like a great date.

75. derklempner says: Sep 7, 2016 8:13 PM

WTF is “Islamophobia”? How can you be afraid of a religion?

Is Kaep’s ‘fro growing as far inward as it is outward? Because somebody might want to check his IQ level and see if it’s falling.

76. jchipwood says: Sep 7, 2016 8:16 PM

Easy solution to get rid of these guys….stop buying tickets to 49er or Seahawks games.

77. scutz1972 says: Sep 7, 2016 8:16 PM

“My woman”

Seriously, could this guy sound like sound a bigger idiot!

78. ebdug says: Sep 7, 2016 8:18 PM

Whether #Kaepernick knows it or not, he’s #Trump’s biggest supporter.

79. gpete1962 says: Sep 7, 2016 8:18 PM

Hey Colin, Don’t go away mad, Just go away!

You irrelevant POS!!!!

80. weepingjebus says: Sep 7, 2016 8:19 PM

Wasn’t he raised by a white couple after his black father abandoned him? Who had the phobia and thought a black life didn’t matter in that scenario anyway?

81. skawh says: Sep 7, 2016 8:19 PM

ryanw822 says:
    Sep 7, 2016 7:55 PM
    Great respect for that religion?

He obviously knows nothing about that religion’s teachings and doctrines.
    ——
    most idiotic comment ever! You speak as if you’re not a descendent of your forefathers and mothers, many of whom at one time believed in burning witches at the stake.

Stop speaking as if you know Islam, or personally have ever known anyone, i.e. friends of the Islamic faith. You come across as a complete and total fraud.

82. jchipwood says: Sep 7, 2016 8:23 PM

It only took 8 years for America to become so full of idiots. Imagine what will happen if we have 4 more.

83. lindacaseauthor says: Sep 7, 2016 8:33 PM

Kap is right–Trump’s rhetoric is advancing Islamophobia. Refer to March 22, 2016: Trump calls for police to patrol and secure Muslim neighborhoods before they become radicalized. Really? This is America and the last I heard, we don’t target people based on their religion, and I can add “millitarily” targeted. What’s next? Internment camps? We’re all Americans no matter our color, our religion, our political beliefs. . . We’re all in this TOGETHER. Don’t you people see how un-American this mindset is?

84. whodatnhollywood says: Sep 7, 2016 8:37 PM

Even if he was a Muslim. And…?

There are a lot of Muslim players in the NFL and NBA. And two of the greatest all time were Muslim: Kareem Abdul Jabbar and Muhammad Ali.

Now what…?

85. Ivan Pavlov says: Sep 7, 2016 8:37 PM

His religion makes zero difference, except to the haters who pretty much are going to hate everything he says no matter what.

Also, really loving your country includes admitting there are issues that need to be addressed and getting that conversation started. The biggest problem most of his haters have is that he’s talking about issues that they prefer to ignore.

Couple of months ago a black kid was shot by Fresno PD while he was laying on the ground. Last month in Los Angeles, an unarmed and completely innocent black teenager was shot by LAPD — the big news on that shooting is that the police admitted the error. And that’s because of the Black Lives Matter movement forcing people to have this discussion.

Also – an unarmed white man (homeless guy) was shot by police in Castaic (a very wealthy area). Black Lives Matter protesters also rallied about this shooting — and obviously the guy isn’t black.

There’s a problem out there that needs to be addressed. Kap is forcing the discussion, even though it’s an unpopular issue. That’s what a patriot does.

86. Hitdog18 says: Sep 7, 2016 8:39 PM

It’s really because 20 years of fox news stupidity

87. Ivan Pavlov says: Sep 7, 2016 8:40 PM

Also — if you’ve stated that you hate violent protests, Kap is engaging in a peaceful protest that only lasts a few minutes. Doesn’t interfere with the game.

But if you’re a jingoistic hater, it probably gets under your skin (as it should).

88. vottorific says: Sep 7, 2016 8:52 PM

I like this guy. This country is great. Where else can you express yourself like that? Got some big balls.

89. notwhoyouthinkitis says: Sep 7, 2016 8:58 PM

“And I don’t think anybody should be prosecuted or judged based on what their beliefs are.’’”

This!

However, the one(s) who start rumors based on hate should not be able to hide in anonymity. Example: several months ago, the statistics/economics professor on the plane who was tossed because an ignorant woman thought he was writing threatening Arabic on a legal pad. The innocent prof was publicly identified but the ignorant bigoted woman was not and probably went to her next Trump rally to be treated as a queen.

90. rcali says: Sep 7, 2016 9:01 PM

He’s the “#2” Qb. That’s funny.

91. meximyke says: Sep 7, 2016 9:05 PM

Krap is just a racist IDIOT! Maybe too many hits to the head and not enough hits to his rear end as a child! Also called a brat with no discipline!!

92. charger383 says: Sep 7, 2016 9:17 PM

don’t belive him

93. nunchuckanorris says: Sep 7, 2016 9:22 PM

In the same way that Tebow wasn’t really good at pro football and his in your face beliefs got him blackballed from the league, may you suffer the same fate Colin.
    Cheers!

94. salsendardo says: Sep 7, 2016 9:22 PM

Hey Guys and Gals,

Football starts tomorrow!!!!

95. nflfan5298 says: Sep 7, 2016 9:27 PM

Attention NFL and Direct TV, if the NFL allows this garbage to continue much longer we shall see how many billions of dollars you lose!!! Direct TV, you should also pay attention because the only reason football fans pay for your service is for the NFL ticket. If proud United States Citizens decide we are tired of this BS you will also lose billions of dollars. This is not a political platform, and if the NFL and Direct TV want to make it one, I am out!

96. jacind22 says: Sep 7, 2016 9:40 PM

That muslim chick gottem…..hook, line, sitter

97. fjbuon says: Sep 7, 2016 9:45 PM

Dude has become a laughing stock.

98. quicktaker says: Sep 7, 2016 9:52 PM

I didn’t believe anyone could be more annoying than Manziel.

99. demskinsbaby says: Sep 7, 2016 9:58 PM

I didn’t know that ‘not wanting to get killed by the cops was considered the beginning stages of radicalization. Ridiculously scared punks.

100. speedkills510 says: Sep 7, 2016 10:13 PM

Kap is exactly what’s wrong with America..not the solution..And I’m a Mexican american..quit segregating yourselves..

101. mrmcdougle says: Sep 7, 2016 10:14 PM

Can we all just agree that Sean Hannity is a moron? I mean, if you have the cognitive ability beyond a 5th grader … I’m sure you can.

102. wyrdawg says: Sep 7, 2016 10:15 PM

Ironically, he now needs to answer for the same stereotypical BS that’s entered into the presidential campaign…. and has its roots in the same damn thing he’s protesting.

The more the idiots that open their mouths, and are blindly followed by the sheep that buy their t-shirts and keychains, the more they’re actually proving this cat’s point. You’re making it easy.

Keep going, Colin. The more you need to answer to ignorant BS like this, the more likely it will be that this 14-year military veteran will start kneeling next to you during the National Anthem. By the way, thank you for the decision to kneel instead of sitting on your ass. Took it to another, more poignant, level.

103. mrmcdougle says: Sep 7, 2016 10:16 PM

rcali says:
    Sep 7, 2016 9:01 PM
    He’s the “#2” Qb. That’s funny.
    ———-
    You realize that’s one of the most desired jobs in the world. If it weren’t, they wouldn’t all be millionaires.

104. liontuss says: Sep 7, 2016 10:29 PM

Imagine no religion.

105. struckgold49er says: Sep 7, 2016 10:40 PM

This picture of him confuses me. I thought he was Mad Dog from the 70’s sitcom “Good Times”!!

106. johny248 says: Sep 7, 2016 10:43 PM

His “woman” seems like she may have pulled a Yoko Ono and really messed this guy’s head up.

Here is an idea….. All of your beliefs and protests, etc would be a lot more interesting to people if you were actually good at doing your job and considered to be a “star”. No one really cares what you have to say right now. No different than what that jobless guy on the corner is trying to preach. Keep it all up along with your lack of quality play and you can soon share that corner with him Colon. Smh…this guy is irrelevant at this point in time. I hate to say it, but I actually feel a little bad for Chipper right now. Not only is he hated and considered a joke among fans, but now he has to deal with this distraction while trying to coach a new football team and put a quality product on the field.

107. golions1 says: Sep 7, 2016 10:48 PM

Kaepernick is not a Muslim, or smart, or interesting, or a good player.

108. tmaczoozoo says: Sep 7, 2016 11:03 PM

Dood be fried 420/365

109. captainslapnuts says: Sep 7, 2016 11:12 PM

Interesting that he’ed out his Muslim gf and family like that. Muslim women are forbid from dating anyone who is not a Muslim, unless they’ve converted.

Could be a liberal family, I suppose.

110. diveleft says: Sep 7, 2016 11:56 PM

whodatnhollywood says:
    Sep 7, 2016 8:37 PM

÷÷÷÷÷÷÷÷÷

Was Muhammad Ali in the NFL or NBA before or after his boxing career??? I must have blacked out for a few years, because I missed that.

111. truthdispensary says: Sep 8, 2016 12:59 AM

Want this to go away…turn the station the moment you see someone kneel during anthem. Nothing kills a a bad message as quickly as low tv ratings. Guarantee TV networks will stop it if it hurts thier viewership.

112. dumbaseinstien says: Sep 8, 2016 1:09 AM

“Behavior Detrimental to the League” = Commissioner’s Exemp List

113. Teddy2Tready says: Sep 8, 2016 1:17 AM

If you cant accomplish anything, then pretend your a victim.

Victimhood is the fastest way to celebrity-status for the talent-deprived.

114. kingkreg12 says: Sep 8, 2016 1:41 AM

You’re wrong Wagon, trump is on record saying he wanted a ban of all Muslims.

115. dedelvis5757 says: Sep 8, 2016 2:36 AM

jchipwood says:

——–

Absolutely. The horror of people exercising their First Amendment rights is truly repugnant and morally offensive. Why can’t it be like the good old days, when we had eight years of an administration that lied to the country in order to start a war that killed tens of thousands of people, destabilized an entire region and solved nothing? Ah, those were the salad days.

116. chetlemonbasketcatch says: Sep 8, 2016 2:36 AM

As Dr King once said.. the most segregated hours in America is every sunday from 9 am to noon. Nice to see we’ve extended that into the afternoon.

117. Modern Day Einstein says: Sep 8, 2016 5:32 AM

I am not a Trump supporter.

But I would vote for him if he said he would ban Colin Kaepernick.

118. pdmjr says: Sep 8, 2016 6:27 AM

Well “my woman” thinks he’s a jerk!

119. SparkyGump says: Sep 8, 2016 6:55 AM

All religion is an exercise in ignorance. Let’s stop worshiping invisible sky gods and start working together to make our world a better place.

120. orange and blue idoits says: Sep 8, 2016 6:59 AM

concord148 says:
    Sep 7, 2016 6:39 PM

Thanks a lot! My coffee came out my nose when I read this. Imagining them running around a 2x speed is hilarious.

121. poguemahonepft says: Sep 8, 2016 7:00 AM

not ‘phobia’ – ‘misia’ look it up…

122. nesby2 says: Sep 8, 2016 7:02 AM

Just wait until Gabbert comes back to reality.. Every team has film on this kid now its a reason he stunk for years.. Then Kaep will srart @QB again & the media frenzy will triple!! 49ers are in for it big time!

123. stipez says: Sep 8, 2016 7:21 AM

Stick it in your turtle.

124. bam5239 says: Sep 8, 2016 7:32 AM

“Donald J. Trump is calling for a total and complete shutdown of Muslims entering the United States until our country’s representatives can figure out what is going on,” a campaign press release said.
    12-7-15

Dear, Trump fans he’s changed his stance since then but did want to stop all Muslims at one point.

125. quipman says: Sep 8, 2016 7:41 AM

Colin Kaepernick courageous stand has exposed one thing about the long list of scoundrels we see hiding behind the American flag which is their limited knowledge of this nation, it’s Constitution and what it stands for. I think MLK said it best.”‘Nothing in the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.’

126. dreadnok89 says: Sep 8, 2016 8:11 AM

Islamophobia lol another made up word. How do you talk about the oppression of people of color and then say you have respect for islam, the same religion that started the African slave trade? Lololol. This guy blows.

127. jjackwagon says: Sep 8, 2016 8:13 AM

I think US Hockey Coach John Tortorella said it best “If any of my players sit for the National Anthem, they will sit there the rest of the game.”

Of course in this case, Kaeperdink was going to ride the bench all game anyway. But the point is, freedom of expression does not give you freedom from the consequences of your actions.

128. samie09 says: Sep 8, 2016 8:38 AM

“He will continue to kneel for the anthem before the 49ers’ opener on Monday night against the Rams.” He will also continue to ride the bench as he is a second rate player as well as a second rate human being.

129. jimmysee says: Sep 8, 2016 8:49 AM

All the same yahoos say Obama is a Muslim so he’s in good company.

130. rukkus1 says: Sep 8, 2016 8:49 AM

Why is everyone calling “my woman” into question?

You people are ridiculous, you freak out when you hear the temptations “my girl”?

Muricans need to grow up and quit being such pansies

131. honalulublue says: Sep 8, 2016 8:52 AM

Now he’s saying Trump wants to ban (ALL) Muslims. Another cheap, lefty, BLM type of turd.

132. saulg2 says: Sep 8, 2016 9:09 AM

And that hair is ridiculous.