Brandon Marshall on national anthem: “I’m against social injustice”

Denver Broncos inside linebacker Brandon Marshall (54) kneels during the National Anthem prior to an NFL football game against the Carolina Panthers, Thursday, Sept. 8, 2016, in Denver. (AP Photo/Joe Mahoney) AP

Broncos linebacker Brandon Marshall says he means no disrespect to anyone with his decision not to stand for the national anthem.

After Thursday night’s game, at which Marshall joined the small group of NFL players who have declined to stand for the anthem, he said he views it as an opportunity to make a statement about discrimination.

I’m not against the military,” Marshall said. “I’m not against the police or America. I’m against social injustice.”

Broncos coach Gary Kubiak said he is supportive of Marshall’s decision not to stand.

“Brandon is a great kid,” Kubiak said. “He is a leader of this team. I believe in my players.”

Colin Kaepernick sat out the national anthem during the preseason, citing concerns about police shootings and racial discrimination. A handful of other players around the NFL have indicated that they will join him in Week One.

Permalink 114 Comments Feed for comments Latest Stories in: Carolina Panthers, Denver Broncos, Rumor Mill, Top Stories
114 Responses to “Brandon Marshall on national anthem: “I’m against social injustice””
  1. reebsta says: Sep 9, 2016 6:31 AM

On your own time Brandon without the glare of the spot light what exactly have you done to protest social injustice?

2. lemmetalkwouldya says: Sep 9, 2016 6:32 AM

Find a better way to speak out against “social injustice”, son, because you ARE disrespecting people by insulting our flag and National Anthem.

This is a “trend”, nothing more, and nothing less, and coaches have an obligation to show knee-jerk people like Brandon Marshall just how disrespectful they truly ARE being.

Very disappointed in coaches who accept behavior like this from their players.

Take jerks like Marshall and Kaepernick to a VA hospital and introduce them to veterans who have lost limbs defending our country. Take them to meet the widows and fatherless of police officers killed in the line of duty.

Find a less insulting way to speak out against “social injustice”.

3. bmoreb says: Sep 9, 2016 6:38 AM

This is the one Sunday these fools need to let it go. Can I get a collective, Come on man !!!!! ?

4. cotroutslayer says: Sep 9, 2016 6:39 AM

I sure wish one of these NFL teams would have the balls to come out and tell players they must stand for the national anthem if they want to draw a pay check for the game. Do your protesting on your OWN time, not your employers! It’s disrespectful no matter how you try and spin it.

You want to make a difference or make a statement? Give your pay checks to charity and stop disrespecting the men and women of this country that allowed you to make that absurd salary for playing a GAME.

5. WillIEverSeeACupInMyLife? says: Sep 9, 2016 6:52 AM

Anyone wanna talk about football?

6. bmacwillconn says: Sep 9, 2016 6:57 AM

Wish broadcasts wouldn’t show idiots like you sitting or kneeling during the playing of the national anthem.

You don’t deserve the attention.

7. kane337 says: Sep 9, 2016 6:58 AM

I agree there is social injustice. There has been social injustice against police officers for years. 42 police officers killed in 2015 and 26 so far in 2016. That’s a whole lot more deaths compared to the so called “oppressed” people.

8. tjdvikes says: Sep 9, 2016 6:59 AM

I don’t care if he “means” no disrespect. What he did IS disrespectful, and the reason I turned off the game. Sponsors who paid multiple hundreds of thousands of dollars for 30 second commercials didn’t get my eyeballs for ANY of them. I’ll watch Tortorella’s team instead, he’s got it right – you don’t stand for the Anthem means you don’t play that game.

9. daytonaken says: Sep 9, 2016 7:06 AM

Social injustice? Gimme a break! More like-look at me!

10. raidernation210 says: Sep 9, 2016 7:07 AM

What social injustice is he talking about? That white kids who aren’t very smart or very athletic can’t get free rides to colleges???

11. mvikes10 says: Sep 9, 2016 7:10 AM

Put your money where your mouth is!!!! Thats all I ask!

12. jojopuppyfish says: Sep 9, 2016 7:12 AM

I am pro police and I see many youtube videos where people disrespect them.
    #PoliceLivesMatter

13. newmancave2016 says: Sep 9, 2016 7:16 AM

We’re against ignorant, overpaid, disrespectful clowns like you.

14. Bonerz'NPudz says: Sep 9, 2016 7:21 AM

So tired of hearing the word “social” with everything. Give it up!

15. mc2479 says: Sep 9, 2016 7:25 AM

I would love to hear just one of these athletes sit down and have a coherent discussion about the social injustices they are protesting. None of them have the slightest clue. When asked they usually just parrot the BLM talking points and are completely incapable of discussing the facts of any of he cases. I’m not trying to say that there aren’t issues that need to be addressed, there are. But, it drives me completely crazy when celebrities/athletes that are completely clueless about the situation at hand start spouting off about things as if they are experts. When in reality they are in most cases just spreading talking points they saw in a few memes on twitter.

16. mazenblue says: Sep 9, 2016 7:27 AM

Pat Tillman would destroy these losers in hand to hand combat. Pat Tillman made a difference. If you racist, go to a kkk meeting and protest them. Point your anger at the right place. Funny how multi millionaire entitled jocks are upset about injustices.

17. crewchief15 says: Sep 9, 2016 7:28 AM

These guy’s are now making all these disclaimers just to keep their endorsements, this is called “deep water faith in the shallow pool”. If they are truly committed to this perceived social injustice, it will not changing with out involvement (not just money and some charity your agent runs), get out there and get involved at the frontline. You can do both but kneeling and throwing money at some charity is the easy way out for the millionaires…I’m a Veteran and could careless if they play checkers during the anthem, but if your truly committed don’t throw out disclaimers, have some melons or don’t do it.

18. lunchtimeallday says: Sep 9, 2016 7:29 AM

No I’m sorry I meant to say we just want a lawless society and free stuff. Just look at every riot no better way to get your message across like stealing rims.

19. faaq says: Sep 9, 2016 7:30 AM

Maybe that concussion will straighten out his thought process.

20. vikingsnorth says: Sep 9, 2016 7:32 AM

Against social injustice… Not above taking a head shot on a fellow player.

21. hillarystandswhenshepees says: Sep 9, 2016 7:34 AM

“Look at me, I’m kneeling too!!”

Sheep.

22. joedskins1959 says: Sep 9, 2016 7:37 AM

The Federal Government is on their side and they are protesting the symbol of the government. Ignore them and they will go away.

23. Bo Darville says: Sep 9, 2016 7:38 AM

If he’s ‘not against America’ then why protest the American flag and American national anthem? If he’s against ‘social injustice’ protest society or the human race as a whole.

24. ReligionIsForIdiots says: Sep 9, 2016 7:41 AM

So proud of these men. These are REAL heroes.

25. donterrelli says: Sep 9, 2016 7:42 AM

This is what you get when you give stupid people a platform.

26. cmadatme says: Sep 9, 2016 7:45 AM

As a USMC Vet I could cares less if someone sits, stands, kneels to a song and a flag. You want to be Patriotic, I’m sure there is a recruiting office you can visit and many Veterans Programs you can donate to.

For one the Anthem represented a particular battle, heck wasn’t even the National Anthem until 1931.

Now if a player on the anniversary of 911 doesn’t recognize the moment of silence for the victims then that would be disrespectful.

27. xinellum says: Sep 9, 2016 7:45 AM

The NFL needs to do what other sports have done and that is to have the National Anthem while the teams are in the locker room and stop giving players the opportunity to disgrace the NFL and their teams. I know there are injustices, but if these guys spent the time, not the money, to go to these places (they are too rich to go to) and spend the time in the boys and girls clubs would be far more beneficial than disrespecting the flag. Now it has become a game of one upmanship where everyone is now going to disrespect the flag.

28. xinellum says: Sep 9, 2016 7:45 AM

29. qb1342 says: Sep 9, 2016 7:46 AM

Social injustice? Move to Rwanda and identify as a Tutsi. Move to Syria and identify as a Christian. Move to Saudi Arabia and identify as gay. Then you’ll learn what social injustice is.

I’m not saying the US is perfect, but by disrespecting the anthem these guys are implying that we have major problems… and that those problems are bigger than the flag that grants them a 1st Amendment and allows them to play a GAME for millions of dollars.

30. sambaughslingers says: Sep 9, 2016 7:48 AM

Not to go political on a football site but being against bad cops does not make one against all cops. Saying that there are a few cops who literally got away with murder is not an indictment of the millions and millions of police officers who do an amazing job every single day.

If anything, if bad cops were removed, it would only improve the profession.

If I say Tim Tebow is a terrible football player, I am not saying all NFL players are terrible, I’m not saying all religious players are terrible, I’m not saying all Florida Gators make terrible players. I’m saying Tim Tebow is a terrible player.

If I say some cops did a terrible deed…. I am merely saying that >0.000001% of police officers did not do their job of protecting and serving their communities.

31. therealtrenches says: Sep 9, 2016 8:02 AM

There is nothing more in-American than making it mandatory to stand for the national anthem. Nothing.

And that flag stands for much more than just the military.

32. johnwaldron8 says: Sep 9, 2016 8:03 AM

That’s a bold stand, being against social injustice. Is Marshall implying that if you stand for the national anthem, you’re for social injustice?

33. Shinnbone says: Sep 9, 2016 8:03 AM

I wonder how many of these idiots will not stand for the Anthem on Sunday, 9/11 with all the tributes and remembrances of course we’ll have some “brave” pieces of garbage like Kaepernick pulling his stunt begging for more attention on a day observing the terrorist attacks against the United States of America that killed over 3000 souls. Hey I guess these vile despicable people Kaepernick, Ried, Lane & I’m sure others will follow and be “brave” and sit or kneel and the media will focus on them instead of the 15th anniversary of 9/11. (For the Kaep supporters I know they play on Monday night, there will still be a 9/11 tribute)

34. ajsjr40 says: Sep 9, 2016 8:04 AM

When do we get to the point where we just ignore the noise. I turn on the TV to watch football not political statements from players who ought to look at their personal contributions to a better society.

35. marcuswelby1 says: Sep 9, 2016 8:11 AM

cotroutslayer says:
    Sep 9, 2016 6:39 AM

——————————————–

Rex Ryan has done just that. Although i am no fan of his, he had the stones to do just that.

36. jonathankrobinson424 says: Sep 9, 2016 8:12 AM

….Is this garbage going to go on ALL season?…..Just have the national anthem while the PLAYERS sit in the tunnel……..sick of already.

37. edon8334 says: Sep 9, 2016 8:14 AM

I hope all of you complaining stand for the anthem when you’re watching the game on TV too.

38. 13forgbp says: Sep 9, 2016 8:15 AM

What else has he done to combat “social injustice”? Dude gets millions upon millions of dollars to play a game and he kneels. Wow. Courageous.

39. chalkruz1989 says: Sep 9, 2016 8:18 AM

It’s the 21st century, a society comprised of some individuals who feel a hashtag and kneeling is as adequate as protesting, starting foundations and other action-oriented changes.

I hope Brandon Marshall is doing something about social injustice and not just kneeling during the National Anthem. (Please don’t use Rosa Parks as a comparison – what she had to tolerate far exceeds anything that Marshall is talking about)

40. alcondragonblog says: Sep 9, 2016 8:19 AM

If you want to take part in correcting ‘Social Injustice”, then get off your arese and work at making a difference, not dishonoring what we all strive for, fight for and die for. So easy to be a public disgrace on national television instead of actually doing something to make things better! How many times Brandon Marshall have you written your congressmen or state senators? Yeah, so willing to bet he doesn’t even know who they are or their names!

41. supra23 says: Sep 9, 2016 8:21 AM

I love how all these patriots, and ‘merica bros are all up in arms about this. I thought this ability to protest and freedom was what your grand pappy fought for.

Oh and for the tools saying oh go donate money I promise you, any NFL player spends more time doing charity work than you have done in your life.

42. liberalmel says: Sep 9, 2016 8:22 AM

I’m against social justice warriors like you. And everyone else for the most part are getting sick of you clowns and everyone else whining.

You are not unique, none of these losers are. They just look like tools.

43. pastabelly says: Sep 9, 2016 8:23 AM

The USA has less social injustice than any country in the world. I’m sorry if life isn’t the utopia we all wish for, but taking it out against the flag, which represents that justice seems flawed.

44. bullcharger says: Sep 9, 2016 8:25 AM

bmacwillconn says:
    Sep 9, 2016 6:57 AM

You don’t deserve the attention.

——–

I wonder how many people were standing at home at the same time they were watching him kneel. I highly suspect that many people were keeping their lazyboy warm.

45. realityonetwo says: Sep 9, 2016 8:25 AM

Now that the games have started, I don’t care what they do. Stand, sit, kneel, scratch your butt, who cares. Your “protest” has no effect on me.

46. heymister24 says: Sep 9, 2016 8:27 AM

I am for social injustice, you must pull your damm pants up.

47. lifelaureate says: Sep 9, 2016 8:29 AM

No one cares about your anthem.

Muhammad Ali is considered the greatest athlete of his generation for speaking out against the same thing as these NFL players but you guys are worried about the symbolism of a song?

Martin Luther King is largely recognize as an American Hero for speaking out against the same thing but you guys just continue to ignore your presence on the wrong side of history.

48. evrybdyhas1 says: Sep 9, 2016 8:30 AM

Freedom of Expression is a basic right in our society however to sit or kneel this Sunday, 09/11/2016, when Freedom was attacked and so many lives were lost is just plain wrong. That is unless you support what happened.

Our free society is supported by the dedication of the first responders (police and fire) who do there job for all of us.

You can never understand what they face everyday until you need one.

Any player that dishonors our flag this Sunday is a self serving P.O.S.

That is my freedom of expression.

49. iseek11 says: Sep 9, 2016 8:30 AM

daytonaken says:
    Sep 9, 2016 7:06 AM
    Social injustice? Gimme a break! More like-look at me!
    ______________

Yeah right. Because any change has come from people who don’t draw any attention to themselves. Women’s suffrage, civil rights, anti-discrimination laws all came anout by people not upsetting anyone’s apple cart or making anyone uncomfortable. Change and accountability don’t come about out of the goodness of the hearts of those in power. Change happens because it becomes less uncomfortable to change than it does to stay the same. This is true both personally and socially.

50. bullcharger says: Sep 9, 2016 8:30 AM

says:
    Sep 9, 2016 6:59 AM

——————-

You didn’t watch the game or commercials to avoid helping the NFL but you posted on an NFL site about it as soon as you could which drives NFL and sponsor revenue?

51. liquidalfa says: Sep 9, 2016 8:31 AM

Look at me! Look at me! Look at me!

52. rutchaser says: Sep 9, 2016 8:31 AM

I’m against those who play the victim, don’t work when they are able, fathers who don’t take car of their kids, people who loot and destroy communities, those who don’t obey the law, etc… If you want things to change you can start with one of these.

53. theageofquarrel says: Sep 9, 2016 8:31 AM

Clowns doing clown thing

54. steelbreeze676 says: Sep 9, 2016 8:31 AM

You can’t complain about the method of protests in Ferguson and Baltimore and then lose your mind over someone peacefully sitting during the national anthem to draw attention to someone they feel is suffering at the hands of government.

Well I suppose you could think that, but it wouldn’t make any sense.

55. denverdave3 says: Sep 9, 2016 8:32 AM

So I guess he thinks he’s the only person in the world who’s “against social injustice.”

Therefore everybody else is FOR it.

These sheltered young people have not be taught critical thinking. What he heck are our colleges doing?

56. dpdonny says: Sep 9, 2016 8:33 AM

Getting closer and closer to canelling Red Zone and NFL Network. If the Seahawks or any other team collectively disrepect the flag then that’ll be it for me. Pats games only. It’ll hurt, but this is outta control.

57. reizorcblog says: Sep 9, 2016 8:39 AM

The difference in Brandon Marshall and Colin Kaepernick is that Marshall will actually see the field.. And after last night I’d say that KARMA got the best of him.. If you didn’t see/hear he got his clock cleaned, and left the game with a possible concussion.

58. catquick says: Sep 9, 2016 8:41 AM

Why not stand outside crack houses or on street corners where gangsters and drug pedalers hang out? Wear a uniform and go on trouble calls with police and see how you’re treated by “your” people, only to find out YOU are the enemy, just by doing the right thing. Police officers lose an average of 10 years off their lives. They have a very high suicide rate, divorce rate, suffer more on the job injuries than most, suffer more stress and psychological maladies than most professions, all for extremely low pay relative to their worth, near universal hatred by urban people, and still risk their lives daily for those who dont appreciate it.

59. cmoney4949 says: Sep 9, 2016 8:44 AM

They should be more upset about what is going on is Chicago where over 500 people have been murdered so far this year. An average of 13 people are shot daily there and no one is making a big deal about this real problem.

60. revren10 says: Sep 9, 2016 8:44 AM

He’s a social diva, if he wants to make changes how about start business in a poor community. Go to impoverished areas and open up an educational center. How about push kids out of gang violence

61. FlikeMorio says: Sep 9, 2016 8:47 AM

A completely misinformed stance on a false narrative that is driven by the media. If you’re a professional athlete and want to have an honest conversation about “social injustices,” start where the real problem: The communities. How much longer are we going to ignore what is going on in Chicago? What have these professional athletes who double as “social justice warriors” done for those communities where people, specifically of color, are killing each other DAILY at an alarming rate? It just doesn’t make sense.

62. couchbasher says: Sep 9, 2016 8:51 AM

So this means disrespect the flag? I’m against d-bags that have no clue.

63. utahgetme2 says: Sep 9, 2016 8:51 AM

Yes, we know it’s his right to not stand during our National Anthem, but just because it is his right doesn’t necessarily mean it is right.

64. heartofsteel36 says: Sep 9, 2016 8:52 AM

Follower! What a tool. Stand up and respect our flag or GTFO of the United States of America!!

65. couchbasher says: Sep 9, 2016 8:55 AM

I turned off the game too. Mike Singletary would’ve sent his butt to the locker room.

66. mongo3401 says: Sep 9, 2016 8:56 AM

Think I am going to donate money to mynlocalmpoloce dept this month.

67. pftwd3 says: Sep 9, 2016 8:59 AM

For those who think what Kaepernick and Marshall are doing is okay, consider the following. MLB has Jackie Robinson day every year on April 15th. Everyone wears 42 to celebrate Jackie Robinson and his breaking of the racial barrier in baseball. Would it be okay for a baseball player to X out the 42 to call attention to some injustice?

Does the specifics of the injustice determine the validity of the protest? If the baseball player says he did it to show there is still a racial barrier in our country, would everyone say, “he has the right to protest”? What if the baseball player said the protest is to bring attention to the ever increasing threat to our second amendment rights?

68. keepcalmandskolon says: Sep 9, 2016 9:01 AM

Love it or hate it, this is what makes our country great. We have the ability, some say the duty, to call out our government when we disagree with something, without fear of getting our heads cut off. It’s literally the principles this country was founded on. I’m shocked at all the vitriol shown towards these players. Having pride in our country and flag is fine, but to think that this country hasn’t had its own dark times, past and present, in how we’ve treated certain sections of our community, is ridiculous.

I’m proud that these players have chosen a non-violent, non-disruptive form of protest. They’ve started a conversation and that was their goal. Stopping berating these guys when there are far more pressing issues with this country, NOT our freedom to protest…

69. JSpicoli says: Sep 9, 2016 9:12 AM

Take your Karmic headache somewhere else mouthbreather.

70. usedjock says: Sep 9, 2016 9:14 AM

As my Dad has always said. It is easy to point out that things are wrong. But it takes real courage to do something about it.

71. skittlesareyum says: Sep 9, 2016 9:21 AM

Is this the thread where the same people who usually say they are sick of others getting offended in our PC culture are the ones saying they are offended by something?

72. Underdawgs says: Sep 9, 2016 9:24 AM

mc2479… great post! exactly! and additionally, if there is social injustice, who is responsible? Who are you protesting against? What is your suggestion for a solution?

73. erikinhell says: Sep 9, 2016 9:26 AM

He wants social justice? Maybe he should be paid an average wage.

74. silvernblacksabbath says: Sep 9, 2016 9:39 AM

COINTELPRO

75. Tail says: Sep 9, 2016 9:43 AM

I’m against lot’s of things, and NFL Football might be one of them if these nickels don’t just go play, everyone hears enough of this crap, this is where we come to get away from it all. If you can’t serve that purpose for me than I’ll take up something else

76. bonitalocal says: Sep 9, 2016 9:47 AM

It is scary to listen to the Mob’s opinion on this matter. Everyone needs to fall in line behind the flag….or else they will be deemed traitors.

That being said….
    I believe that we live in the greatest country in the world.
    There is no other country that promotes equal rights for all races like we do here.
    We have a black president….that is about as equal as it gets!

Are things perfect in regard to equal rights to all?
    But the fact that the laws of our land are written and aimed at equality for all, it seems to me, should garner respect, not disrespect, from the people who feel that there is social injustice.

With the financial means, and social platforms that these players have, I feel that they are barking up the wrong tree. They should be creating positive messages. They should be using their wealth and influence to promote social justice with programs for those that they consider to be disenfranchised.

While I would be among the last to call someone a traitor for exercising their rights, I do feel that these players are being lazy, misguided and ignorant.

Don’t disrespect our country until you have actually done your best to change the things that you don’t like about it.
    America is not perfect, but second place is a long way down!

Respect the fact that you have constitutional rights to change the things that you think need changing. It is not like that everywhere.

77. bmoreravenfan says: Sep 9, 2016 9:49 AM

He is a sheep!!!

78. painsyndicate says: Sep 9, 2016 9:49 AM

“I mean no disrespect to anyone. I am simply a racist.”

B Marshall

79. trumb1mj says: Sep 9, 2016 9:50 AM

Brandon Marshall lost his voice after his first domestic violence arrest. This guy is pure trash.

80. nhpats says: Sep 9, 2016 9:53 AM

supra23 says:
    Sep 9, 2016 8:21 AM

————–

You can’t possibly know that and you would be wrong. All it says is that you basically don’t donate money or time of any appreciable value. Duly noted.

81. tmaczoozoo says: Sep 9, 2016 9:56 AM

SJW FTW HO

82. mongo3401 says: Sep 9, 2016 9:57 AM

Let’s face it. Thenonkynrrason they are doing this is to kiss people off of another race. Anyone with a reasonable IQ realizes that.

As far as I know it started about the flag Then Kaepernexk withdrew that and made it about White cops killing black men Not one can actually explain why the people they are worried about in realty, are the cause for their own indiscretions. Not one has mentioned the horrible black on black crime, not one.

83. ilovemyravens says: Sep 9, 2016 9:58 AM

Looking at most of these and other comments from previous posts only really prove the sitters and kneelers point…Signed: An army vet

84. metalman5150 says: Sep 9, 2016 10:03 AM

Brandon Marshall (Den) knows more about social injustices than the rest of the world.

got it.
    good job B Marsh. You really let the football world know that you’re the true hero.

must be a hard life.

85. blackbug99 says: Sep 9, 2016 10:09 AM

………………………………………………………………………..
    It’s not required unless present at the event…Learn your flag etiquette, moron. I’d thank you for your service, but I doubt you had the stones to fight for your country. For Sept 11th, I will stand for a moment of silence, and the anthem. You feel free to make a sandwich, or whatever.

26yr Navy Vet.

86. bensteeler29 says: Sep 9, 2016 10:10 AM

Dumb, power hungry, trigger happy cops. Example- Google Monique Tillman

87. docsweeney says: Sep 9, 2016 10:26 AM

Gee…who’s FOR social injustice, except maybe Trump and members of the GOP.

Stand for the anthem. It’s not going to get people to change bigoted or morally objectionable attitudes because you knelt or sat.

Want to do something against social injustice? Do something MEANINGFUL!

88. immafubared says: Sep 9, 2016 10:28 AM

I’m against people who will not respect the flag for what it is and pal it doesnt have a dam thing to do with social injustice.
    For thirty years plus I’ve witnessed affirmative action open up top schools and great opportunities for black people and your worse off now then you were then. You want justice.
    Tell the dem party you vote for all the time to create real jobs and stop sending out those monthly checks that keep your people in poverty. That my friend in the injustice and you created it.

89. therealtrenches says: Sep 9, 2016 10:28 AM

johnwaldron8 says:
    Sep 9, 2016 8:03 AM

—————————-

As they say: if you’re not part of the solution, you’re a part of the problem. Silence = consent. So, ummm..yeah. The answer to your question is yes.

90. mortongrover says: Sep 9, 2016 10:33 AM

You have a 1st amendment right to protest and not fear retaliation FROM THE GOVERNMENT.

An employer has the right to determine your behavior as an employee when you are performing duties for which you are paid.

The problem here is not the idiot attention seeking players but with the employers, (the teams) who are either tolerating or encouraging behavior which has nothing to do with the game and aggravates a number of those who consume the product.

If the majority want this behavior stopped, apply pressure to the team management and to the sponsors of the broadcasts… otherwise you’re just talking to hear your head roar.

91. sirmetaphor says: Sep 9, 2016 10:43 AM

Karma hit him quick. Hope the injury bug finds all those who don’t support our country.

92. jdm047 says: Sep 9, 2016 10:43 AM

OMG WHOOO CARES! HE TOOK A KNEE TO PROTEST, THAT’S HIS CHOICE. LET IT GO!

93. rock4eb says: Sep 9, 2016 10:48 AM

Go fix the problems in your own communities instead of burning them to the ground. Then we can talk. And I will not pay one penny for things people purposefully destroy.

94. topcide says: Sep 9, 2016 10:50 AM

My question to BM, KK, and any of the #BLM people is this-

What specifically have any of you done, other than yell at traffic, in order to help heal the wounds and solve the issues at hand between police and the community?

No one is saying that police relations with communities, especially African American ones are perfect, because they are not. No one is saying that there isn’t some bad apples in law enforcement, because their is. Where I take issue is that when ever the discussion comes up is the refusal to to acknowledge both sides of the issue.

My wife and brother in law are Sheriffs, and my sister is a police Sergeant. At the Sheriffs office where they work the elected Sheriff is a Black man. I know that doesn’t mean everyone there is perfect, but it’s pretty hard to argue an organization is systematically racist when it’s headed by an African American man that was elected to the post 3 times now, and will keep being elected as long as he continues to run. They are pulling their hair out trying to do their jobs and be respectful of the communities they work in and the people that live there, but they honestly are dealing with a culture that sees them as the enemy.

They head into neighborhoods that are in complete chaos. People sell and use hard drugs ( AKA not pot) openly, steal from each other, break into each others homes, and commit horrible acts of violence with no fear of repercussions. As soon as they drive into a neighborhood, everyone starts tipping everyone off that they are there, and when they get called there for something, no one will help them.

Last summer there was a big BBQ party at a park in a really rough neighborhood. There was over 100 people there. A fight broke out over a pickup basketball game, someone pulled a gun, and a 17 year old kid heading into his senior year of high school was shot and killed. They show up and NO ONE will help them, NO ONE saw anything.

So go ahead, take your knee during the anthem, send your tweets, regurgitate your anti police rhetoric and call it all protest while at the same time doing nothing of actual substance like sitting down with police and community leaders to see what help you can do. But until you strap on a kevlar vest on then look a mother and father in the face and tell them that their kid is dead over a basketball game and no one who say it happen will say who did it, while at the same time having the same people you are trying to help call you a ” white bitch” don’t you DARE for one second disrespect the people that deal with that every day.

So excuse me if i take a little issue with someone who wears socks with pigs on them and a guy who beat his wife talking about social injustice in areas that as soon as they got their millions they will never set foot in again.

What I am getting at is their is work that needs to be done on both sides of the aisle. Are their bad cops, sure there is. Have some horrible things happened ? Absolutely.But until the communities start working with the police instead of against them, issues will continue.

95. jgo304 says: Sep 9, 2016 10:50 AM

I think NOT voting for Hillary Clinton does more to help his cause than kneeling for the anthem.

96. toolkien says: Sep 9, 2016 10:55 AM

I wonder how many of the SJW players consider how their salaries are paid. Have they noticed the skyrocketing player salaries over the last two decades corresponds directly with the massive increase in soaking the taxpayers to build ever more elaborate stadiums? All the eminent domain that occurs to build stadiums, pushing ordinary people out? Where’s the justice for all the people in a five COUNTY area who get to pay higher sales taxes to support a sport they don’t watch or care about, which is used to benefit a five BLOCK area and player’s massive salaries?

Let’s see them take a knee over that.

Didn’t think so.

And YES it all ties in. There’s is no kind of freedom without economic freedom. Diverting BILLIONS of dollars to build stadiums benefits a scant few (billionaire owners, millionaire players, sweetheart deals for construction company owners, union greasing) at the expense of millions. The rest are poorer, and more desperate, and Enforcers are hired to keep them in line. So, let’s just do away with the National Anthem before games, and let’s get the corporo-fascistic funding out of football. And when it’s the 1930’s again, as far as football, then all will be called even.

97. skinsjunkie says: Sep 9, 2016 11:01 AM

Easy fix. Networks stop showing these clowns take a knee. When our National Anthem is being played the only thing that should be on the screen is our beautiful flag whipping in the wind. As soon as they find out they aren’t being shown on TV they will stop.

On another note if I were to protest on my employers time I would be sent home or fired. NFL STEP UP AND DO YOUR JOB…….

98. crewchief15 says: Sep 9, 2016 11:04 AM

So I hear everybody saying ” well it’s working, people are talking about the kneeling or sitting” but what is it doing in the real world, are blacks and white now saying “hey I think their right let’s all do something about this issue” NO, nothing is changing, just more division…that’s what Liberals want (divide and conquer)

99. justwinbaby29 says: Sep 9, 2016 11:05 AM

On the morning of Nov. 9 a lot of SJW are going to get the karma they deserve. #MakeAmericaGreatAgain

100. rollingrocks9 says: Sep 9, 2016 11:07 AM

keepcalmandskolon says:
    Sep 9, 2016 9:01 AM

The only one who has been able to have an adult conversation about any of these “protests” is Doug Baldwin.

101. rcali says: Sep 9, 2016 11:24 AM

CTE is Real!!!!

102. kyblue33 says: Sep 9, 2016 11:31 AM

Rich, pampered, punk, we have carried this ungrateful type sense the beginning, onward. Father of, and former USMC.

103. devindenv says: Sep 9, 2016 11:37 AM

I am against ANY injustice.
    I am against child abuse.
    I am against hunger.
    I am against bigotry.
    I am against hate.
    I am against idiots that are “against” BS that they cannot articulate.

104. glac1 says: Sep 9, 2016 11:41 AM

I’m surprised he’s upset with “social injustice” with all his perks like quota’s and such……

105. wop333 says: Sep 9, 2016 11:42 AM

This guy has no idea what social injustice is. The biggest injustice is being done by himself because he is too stupid to learn any facts. Another example of how most black lives don’t matter.

106. beerbudsnbevo says: Sep 9, 2016 11:45 AM

So are the majority of Americans who voted for the first Black President, Attorney General, Joint Chiefs of Staff, many Governors, Mayors, Supreme Court Justices, and so on…

Sheesh, guess the Hope and Change thing didn’t work out, because it didn’t include anything about personal responsibility and mutual respect….

107. bucsorbust says: Sep 9, 2016 12:08 PM

Some people misunderstand what social injustice means. It means equal opportunity for all–you get what you deserve and work for; it does not equal results for all. This ain’t Russia.

108. cindysue4468 says: Sep 9, 2016 12:36 PM

So he’s against social injustice. Well, who isn’t? What does that have to do with not standing up for the national anthem? Does he think he doesn’t owe any allegiance to his country because it’s not perfect?

Of course, it’s his right to disrespect the flag as a symbol of the ideals for which America stands, but don’t turn around and say you don’t disrespect America. You can try to have it both ways, but people won’t believe you.

GO BRONCOS!!

109. mack2x says: Sep 9, 2016 1:29 PM

qb1342 says:

— Exactly.

110. jdubkc says: Sep 9, 2016 2:19 PM

I’m against high interest rates. I think I’ll give the USA the middle finger.

111. mrmcdougle says: Sep 9, 2016 2:20 PM

Takes a knee during national anthem, states support for police & military, states he is against social injustice
    ….Lets all get outraged.

112. rollingrocks9 says: Sep 9, 2016 6:00 PM

How does not standing for the National Anthem represent the cause these morons are trying to bring attention to? That’s what I need explained to me because I don’t see the relation.

113. 1historian says: Sep 9, 2016 7:10 PM

Can anyone out there define the term ‘social injustice’?

It pretty much means whatever you want it to mean, meaning that it means nothing, or everything.

114. stagedoorjohnny says: Sep 9, 2016 7:16 PM

So you want to protest “social injustice”.

Why don’t you start at the top (President Obama) and his policies that has produced record unemployment for inner city youth, millions more on food stamps, a schools that a crap…